BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 32 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 31 32
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anyone know if anyone in Suffolk runs a Canadian rules box league for youth? great game would love to coach.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many kids returned after the 0-8 season?

I've coached a 1-7 team, and the kids came back. Kept a positive atmosphere with an emphasis on developing and learning. The next season, and the season after that they got better and better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's all that matters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how'd center moriches 2021 finish?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1-7 isnt an issue for younger graded, but if you are talking about 5th grade and up, the better players will just play club or elsewhere and not return. Have it happening now.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1-7 isnt an issue for younger graded, but if you are talking about 5th grade and up, the better players will just play club or elsewhere and not return. Have it happening now.

This is what I don't understand, the better players have all year to play elsewhere, PAL is only 8 weeks long. Doesn't anyone have any pride in or allegiance to their community anymore? Why are they allowed to play elsewhere, what are we teaching our kids? When things don't go your way just take your ball and leave and abandon the rest of the kids in your community? That it is ok to cheat and have players from outside the community come in to play just so you can win games? Our kids should be learning sometimes things are tough, but if you stick with it and try hard you will eventually succeed on your own and that is something to be proud of. Sports are also supposed to teach life lessons and none of them should be how to cheat the system just to win a few games. As coaches and parents we should all be above that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why BOC should have a like button

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is what I don't understand, the better players have all year to play elsewhere, PAL is only 8 weeks long. Doesn't anyone have any pride in or allegiance to their community anymore? Why are they allowed to play elsewhere, what are we teaching our kids? When things don't go your way just take your ball and leave and abandon the rest of the kids in your community? That it is ok to cheat and have players from outside the community come in to play just so you can win games? Our kids should be learning sometimes things are tough, but if you stick with it and try hard you will eventually succeed on your own and that is something to be proud of. Sports are also supposed to teach life lessons and none of them should be how to cheat the system just to win a few games. As coaches and parents we should all be above that.

Great points and I agree with everything you said, except for the winning which is back to my original point. I don't understand the emphasis on winning in PAL lax or accusing other coaches for wanting to win. What does it get you? (and I don't mean you, just in general). A team finishes 8-0, 7-1, 6-2....big deal! Does the coach get awarded with a contract extension? Do the players get a trophy? No...it means nothing. These are young kids in PAL lax, not some ESPN Power Ranking league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
like an eject button or a trap door Lmao. it's not cheating taking kids from other communities or actually it's not taking its called not turning kids who want to play away. that's what youth sports is about right? like I always said that kid from outside your town may have had a bad experience in their own town organization. you'd actually as a coach turn a kid away from your program because he lives in another town?! sir or ma'am you do not belong around youth sports

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
here's something I can't stand.......why are some of the youth organizations allowing the town's high school programs to come in and dictate what's going on in the youth program. let the boys play youth sports. some of these larger organizations have high school coaches on their board. I coach in an organization that does this in lacrosse. they''ve completely divided the program. In no way shape or form should a youth program be governed by the school's athletic program. let the boys play and grow up. they'll get to high school eventually. best part is the face of coaching staffs in high school sports changes like underwear these days. I don't even acknowledge them when I see them at our fields. stay at the high school where you belong.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great point, but why do all these out of towners seem to be ringers. Are you telling me other towns don't have beginers who want to learn the game. How come none of these beginers or non ringers play on the out of town team coach. Is it because the team who is accepting the "out of towners"are trying to help their local neighboring towns kids learn the game of lacrosse. If that were the case I'd love to meet that coach and tell him how awesome that is. My guess its the 2nd scenario. He wants to win the game at all costs. I also want to meet that guy and call him a loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
here's something I can't stand.......why are some of the youth organizations allowing the town's high school programs to come in and dictate what's going on in the youth program. let the boys play youth sports. some of these larger organizations have high school coaches on their board. I coach in an organization that does this in lacrosse. they''ve completely divided the program. In no way shape or form should a youth program be governed by the school's athletic program. let the boys play and grow up. they'll get to high school eventually. best part is the face of coaching staffs in high school sports changes like underwear these days. I don't even acknowledge them when I see them at our fields. stay at the high school where you belong.

It's obvious why. Most HS coaches are connected to some kind of private firm that "offers" training to younger players. Pay to play. Schools should put an end to this, it's a conflict of interest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Full circle.. The good players who are frustrated because they are playing with less developed teams with winless or 1-7 records go play on another town team. But how charitable that the new town does not turn away kids. Make sure these lacrosse angels get those waivers signed from the existing town as required.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great points and I agree with everything you said, except for the winning which is back to my original point. I don't understand the emphasis on winning in PAL lax or accusing other coaches for wanting to win. What does it get you? (and I don't mean you, just in general). A team finishes 8-0, 7-1, 6-2....big deal! Does the coach get awarded with a contract extension? Do the players get a trophy? No...it means nothing. These are young kids in PAL lax, not some ESPN Power Ranking league.

Being a board member of a youth league, I can tell you why winning matters. Not about coaching awards. Not about ESPN. It's about parents. Know what happens when a team struggles? Especially an "A" team? Parents criticize the coach. Criticize the other players that aren't up to their kids' standards. Start choosing to go to their travel team practice over the town team. For every team that I hear is "falling apart" it usually starts with a lack of success and disintegrates from there. I will be the first to admit youth lacrosse scores don't matter in the overall scheme of things. You think I remember scores and records when my son was in 3-8th grade? NO way! But to keep teams together, parents want their kids to be on a winner. If it didn't matter so much to them, they wouldn't be screaming for little Johnny to try and run through the entire other team and shoot from 20 yards away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's obvious why. Most HS coaches are connected to some kind of private firm that "offers" training to younger players. Pay to play. Schools should put an end to this, it's a conflict of interest.

Agree. Its a money grab

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely agree. These teams and coaches who think they are doing their "good deed of the day" by having other towns best players play on their team are doing it just "not to turn kids away" are a joke. If that were the case why don't they take the other towns "C" level or developmental players on their stacked "B" team, gimme a break!! How come all the kids I know that are playing for other towns all play for the top club teams, pick up teams and whatever other teams they can get on? They are not being "turned away" by anybody including the towns they DO live in. The kids just want to play, I get that but this is PAL, it is only 8 weeks long, it is supposed to town vs. town straight up.They have the whole rest of the year to play where ever they want,,and most of them do. You play with the players you have,,,period! Stop telling us you are doing it just for the kids sake, you are embarrassing yourselves

Great point, but why do all these out of towners seem to be ringers. Are you telling me other towns don't have beginers who want to learn the game. How come none of these beginers or non ringers play on the out of town team coach. Is it because the team who is accepting the "out of towners"are trying to help their local neighboring towns kids learn the game of lacrosse. If that were the case I'd love to meet that coach and tell him how awesome that is. My guess its the 2nd scenario. He wants to win the game at all costs. I also want to meet that guy and call him a loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On a different note, if anyone was at Veterans Park in E. Northport, Sunday, May 17th or thereafter, and found a lacrosse stick and is looking for the owner, my son left his stick behind the bathrooms in the far parking lot. It has sentimental value more than monetary value. It has a white head and a black shaft. Since this site has a lot of traffic I thought I would give it a shot. More than happy to offer a reward for its return.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
again, no one is literally going out and recruiting players I'm sure to "stack" their B team. so answer this when a family comes to your organization from another town to sign up for your lacrosse program because they heard it has a good reputation and they have an appropriate release form approved by PAL, you would turn them away?? Yeah that's just great. way to go. I'd hate to know what youth program you belong to bcuz that's a shame. like I always say and I base this on personal experience, what if the out of town kids come to your program bcuz they had a bad experience in their home town program? and don't tell me if the kid had some solid skills you wouldn't want him. and as for the C skills player if he had a rough experience in his home town I'd take him too and already have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this person sounds oddly familiar complaining about a particular B team with a couple of out of town kids. are you complaining about a particular town or organization because I believe I read the same BS complaint post directed at a specific organization that maybe I'm affiliated with at the beginning of the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone played in the south shore summer league? Looks really cool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give it a res already

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the heck does a western Nassau County team get scheduled 3x in one season to play away against 3 different eastern Suffolk County teams?? Don't we play in the 'NASSAU PAL LEAGUE??? If Suffolk wants in on NCPAL -- all games vs Nassau teams should be AWAY!!! - All games before 10am -- this is absolute horse s..t ---- sorry for the rant

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Director of your Club signs off on the schedule before it is finalized. Ask him/her why they threw your grade under the bus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the heck does a western Nassau County team get scheduled 3x in one season to play away against 3 different eastern Suffolk County teams?? Don't we play in the 'NASSAU PAL LEAGUE??? If Suffolk wants in on NCPAL -- all games vs Nassau teams should be AWAY!!! - All games before 10am -- this is absolute horse s..t ---- sorry for the rant

I agree with you. All suffolk teams playing in the NASSAU PAL should play all away games unless the towns are within 10 miles of each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I couldn't disagree with you more. I welcome the inclusive environment that allows the HS coach to influence the youth program. Who is more qualified, who is more invested in the kids improving their skills and having fun? Why don't you try to work with him instead of putting up a wall. Our HS had to be dragged kicking and screaming into our youth program, but the collaboration has been fantastic. More HS players are getting involved with youth program, the HS coach offers to help out here and there...How could there be downside?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with you. All suffolk teams playing in the NASSAU PAL should play all away games unless the towns are within 10 miles of each other.

Yeah, because all the Nassau towns are only 10 miles apart. I see the issue with 3 trips to eastern Suffolk (though not sure why it is being raised this late in the season), but lots of Nassau/Suffolk towns are closer together than Nassau/Nassau. Just need to apply some logic and equity - at the beginning of the season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't the PAL Festival great. They tell you have to play, or face expulsion, than they schedule games in direct conflict with the times you said your team is not available. Enough already. Finish the week prior like we always did. PAL wont acknowledge travel but the reality is the PAL rosters are too thin with travel tournaments starting earlier and earlier...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the PAL festival, I think they should continue doing it every year. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I couldn't disagree with you more. I welcome the inclusive environment that allows the HS coach to influence the youth program. Who is more qualified, who is more invested in the kids improving their skills and having fun? Why don't you try to work with him instead of putting up a wall. Our HS had to be dragged kicking and screaming into our youth program, but the collaboration has been fantastic. More HS players are getting involved with youth program, the HS coach offers to help out here and there...How could there be downside?

Amen to that, but becareful so towns want to then control their summer options and "threaten" playing time if they do not do a summer option that is offered instead of a Travel option

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't the PAL Festival great. They tell you have to play, or face expulsion, than they schedule games in direct conflict with the times you said your team is not available. Enough already. Finish the week prior like we always did. PAL wont acknowledge travel but the reality is the PAL rosters are too thin with travel tournaments starting earlier and earlier...

The girls side is even worse because they play on Saturday, after having games on Sundays all season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, because all the Nassau towns are only 10 miles apart. I see the issue with 3 trips to eastern Suffolk (though not sure why it is being raised this late in the season), but lots of Nassau/Suffolk towns are closer together than Nassau/Nassau. Just need to apply some logic and equity - at the beginning of the season!

The point is that it is the NASSAU PAL so no Nassau teams should be inconvenienced in anyway to play suffolk teams. Suffolk has a PAL unit also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
give a rest. PAL lacrosse is over thank God with their no play off garbage. PAL football starts soon. move the F on till next lame play lacrosse season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The girls side is even worse because they play on Saturday, after having games on Sundays all season.

Agree. Now you have to play on a Saturday with little to no notice and be expected to field a full team. How about telling boys 2 they were not playing and now scheduling them on a Saturday. If you tell PAL you cant field a team you face the wrath of the almighty. Enough already, can the festival...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed please do away with the PAL festival…it is almost impossible to field teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The downside has been previously mentioned. When your HS coach is financially benefiting from providing training or clinics to the younger kids it goes from helpful and beneficial to a conflict of interest. The question is, are they volunteering to help build the future teams or are they making money? Last time I volunteered for something, I didn't ask to get paid or own a company that benefited from my time. Big difference. Of course if they are not making money off the youth program then I agree with your points.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed please do away with the PAL festival…it is almost impossible to field teams

the fields are terrible, the timing stinks, and the kids/coaches and parents have no interest. the pal demanding attendance is like a thug shakedown. why don't they just ask for a minimum donation per team and be on their way?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are financially benefiting. Sachem north coaches r charging $950 for their summer tournament team. five tournaments. crooks. and you have parents kissing their asses as if they care who they're 7th grade kids are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Festivus... agreed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
festivus deez nuts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whatever happened to Mike Gongas? Still 900 pounds?

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 32 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 31 32
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard