BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,680
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 75 of 83 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
First Suffolk Class B result in. WB over Hunt 14-12 with the 2 WB studettes scoring 7 goals each

How does Huntington lose to a team with two players?

Good question

Go look at the Newsday stats. The 2 WB girls had EVERY goal and EVERY assist. Not one other offensive player with a goal or assist. No attempt to shut either of them off and make the 5 other offensive players beat you.

Double and triple teams on the senior didn't work. The junior scored. Once Huntington went to man to man it was worse. One girl can't cover the senior. Other 5 girls are all 8th and 9th graders and are solid players. Offense is run around the big two.

"solid players" is a bit of a stretch, they looked very overwhelmed when the had to participate in the game. That being said the previous poster is correct when stating that those were the players that you had to make beat you, not the big two

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not put two players on the senior and one on the junior. Then let the rest of your team play the game.. Outcome would of been vastly different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not put two players on the senior and one on the junior. Then let the rest of your team play the game.. Outcome would of been vastly different.

Sound like the Huntington coach was out coached.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sound like the Huntington coach was out coached.

Out coached is a recurring theme for Huntington and no one is surprised

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take the Huntington talk to your own thread. You have your own.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw who our coach selected for "all conference". I mean, our coach is bad but selecting this girl just proves how out of touch she is with this team. She picks the most selfish player, who doesnt pass and is the last person you would want to be a role model for the rest of the girls on the team. Go figure!

Come on, lacrosse is all about selfish stat building which leads to early verbals. If you are trolling this site you probably have an athletic kid and are around other sports. Answer me this, what other sport do you hear about the constant scholarships and early committing? Baseball? Softball? Soccer? Football? Basketball? NONE OF THEM! they all get some scholarships but the only sport you ever hear about is Lacrosse and summer club teams are a major driver.

Just ask the Smithtown East Mom who calls the sidelines/scorers table during the game to ensure her little star is getting "credit" for her goals/assists. What a joke...Smithtown East loony's may have surpassed Mt. Insane O

Big problems at Smithtown East go witness for yourselves, should be a few parent brawls in the stands. Its been brewing all season long.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw who our coach selected for "all conference". I mean, our coach is bad but selecting this girl just proves how out of touch she is with this team. She picks the most selfish player, who doesnt pass and is the last person you would want to be a role model for the rest of the girls on the team. Go figure!

Come on, lacrosse is all about selfish stat building which leads to early verbals. If you are trolling this site you probably have an athletic kid and are around other sports. Answer me this, what other sport do you hear about the constant scholarships and early committing? Baseball? Softball? Soccer? Football? Basketball? NONE OF THEM! they all get some scholarships but the only sport you ever hear about is Lacrosse and summer club teams are a major driver.

Just ask the Smithtown East Mom who calls the sidelines/scorers table during the game to ensure her little star is getting "credit" for her goals/assists. What a joke...Smithtown East loony's may have surpassed Mt. Insane O

Big problems at Smithtown East go witness for yourselves, should be a few parent brawls in the stands. Its been brewing all season long.

At the start of the second half of the WI @ SE two of the SE parents started dropping F bombs on each other and almost went at it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At the start of the second half of the WI @ SE two of the SE parents started dropping F bombs on each other and almost went at it.

Are you surprised. WI and SE parents can be proud knowing we expect trash and get trash in the stands when either of these teams play. Not to mention when they're both playing. Parents are a joke and embarrassing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you surprised. WI and SE parents can be proud knowing we expect trash and get trash in the stands when either of these teams play. Not to mention when they're both playing. Parents are a joke and embarrassing.

Line up the double wides should be great show (in the stands) watching Smithtown East vs. Smithtown West. Plenty of beer balls and chronic for everyone! These folks take the cake, calling the scorers table, F bombs, brawling, cops who's announcing the game Jerry Springer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$6 entry fee for girls semi finals and finals. Do the schools competing get any of that money or does section XI get it all?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$6 entry fee for girls semi finals and finals. Do the schools competing get any of that money or does section XI get it all?

STAY HOME !!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bitching about 6 dollars after spending 3 grand a year on club lax. Give me a break

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STAY HOME !!!!!

What's the Nassau High School playoff schedule
For this week? Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone explain why Centereach and Newfield get to merge together to form Middle Country for girls lacrosse? Both HS on their own have D 1 enrollment and combined they are second largest in the county.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STAY HOME !!!!!

What's the Nassau High School playoff schedule
For this week? Thanks

It was a question, not a complaint. Not everything on here is crying and whining. Just curious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is carrying wb on her back and there are other great players on LI but this kid can do it all. best I saw this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is carrying wb on her back and there are other great players on LI but this kid can do it all. best I saw this year.

Both WB girls are really good - no doubt. However, Huntington coach did nothing to try and stop them. There was no face guarding. There were no automatic slides. Nothing. Other teams have put in defensive schemes against them that worked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bitching about 6 dollars after spending 3 grand a year on club lax. Give me a break

that is too funny!
I know it's not lax related but my daughter played aau bb and you get charged admission ($5-10) for local tourneys and the big recruiting tourneys admission is $20 a day or $50 for a three day pass. Then if the tourney is at Spooky Nook in PA, you get charged $5 parking a day on top of that. Section XI charges the same for lax soccer field hockey and bb and probably every other sport for playoffs.
Probably the $6 you get charged for the first round helps to pay for the semis ans finals when the teams usually play at a college and I guess they would have to pay for the use of the facility.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First Suffolk Class B result in. WB over Hunt 14-12 with the 2 WB studettes scoring 7 goals each

How does Huntington lose to a team with two players?

Good question

Go look at the Newsday stats. The 2 WB girls had EVERY goal and EVERY assist. Not one other offensive player with a goal or assist. No attempt to shut either of them off and make the 5 other offensive players beat you.

You lost to the best player on Long Island last year she played hurt and just about beat WI by herself in the first round, how quickly people forget. Yes its a team sport but so is basketball and one player can dominate and be unstoppable. She is unstoppable and puts on a show. Will be a great game against Happauge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that is too funny!
I know it's not lax related but my daughter played aau bb and you get charged admission ($5-10) for local tourneys and the big recruiting tourneys admission is $20 a day or $50 for a three day pass. Then if the tourney is at Spooky Nook in PA, you get charged $5 parking a day on top of that. Section XI charges the same for lax soccer field hockey and bb and probably every other sport for playoffs.
Probably the $6 you get charged for the first round helps to pay for the semis ans finals when the teams usually play at a college and I guess they would have to pay for the use of the facility.

I was told that the admission $ goes to pay for hotels and busses to Cortland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like a sour grapes question due to them having a perfect record going into the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STAY HOME !!!!!

Your not paying attention it goes towards the beer balls, big bambu and bail money for Smithtown East parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STAY HOME !!!!!

Your not paying attention it goes towards the beer balls, big bambu and bail money for Smithtown East parents

That is if they make it off the island!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau County Referees:

How does Rich Fanning get a county semi final game? We all know who his brother is, but does he really deserve to ref a game of this magnitude? With all of the other quality refs out there it just does not make sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great individual player no doubt. WB has history of producing great isolation players. The other players someone mentioned are also great players, more team play oriented. Also interesting to note the US national teams did not select SS for the senior team at the height of her career or the current WB player for the current U19 team. I think she should have made the team this year but a team needs to commit to that style of play. Some teams will beat you with a balanced attack, some will try to load it all on an individual player. I think the US national team are looking for those cog in the wheel type players.

Please ,plenty of politics involved, kid from WB is best player on the island , down performance against BBP or Mt Sinai had more to do with those being actual teams from top to bottom than individual player on other team. Watched BBp vs Mt Sinai game and neither of those kids were the best player on the field that day. Go watch Farmingdale vs BBp on MSG again #10 best player on field that day , or St.Anthony vs Mt. Sinai the kid from Sinai struggled .The kid from WB essentially has 1 other kid on that team to work with ,when she is on a team with more weapons she makes the other kids around her better and is way less of an isolation player than some of the others mentioned.

Concerning the current WB Player is an alternate for the Current U19 National team she earned that as a player at the tryouts with a leg injury not bad for a player who was not 100 percent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Order of the top players, in my opinion
'Set
Mt. S
Middle Country
BBP
W.B.

Goalies
Sayville
SWR
ESM
ST.A
3WAY TIE
both from hunt, S.E.
I

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great individual player no doubt. WB has history of producing great isolation players. The other players someone mentioned are also great players, more team play oriented. Also interesting to note the US national teams did not select SS for the senior team at the height of her career or the current WB player for the current U19 team. I think she should have made the team this year but a team needs to commit to that style of play. Some teams will beat you with a balanced attack, some will try to load it all on an individual player. I think the US national team are looking for those cog in the wheel type players.

Please ,plenty of politics involved, kid from WB is best player on the island , down performance against BBP or Mt Sinai had more to do with those being actual teams from top to bottom than individual player on other team. Watched BBp vs Mt Sinai game and neither of those kids were the best player on the field that day. Go watch Farmingdale vs BBp on MSG again #10 best player on field that day , or St.Anthony vs Mt. Sinai the kid from Sinai struggled .The kid from WB essentially has 1 other kid on that team to work with ,when she is on a team with more weapons she makes the other kids around her better and is way less of an isolation player than some of the others mentioned.

If you put those other kids on WB they would HAVE to do more. It is not that they can't. I saw the ST A's game as well and the MT Sinai kid was getting locked off and slid to whenever she touched the ball. Still got plenty of opportunities for her teamates. Give credit to the St A's goalie who had a phenomenal game! That being said Mt Sinai and BBp use all their kids because they can. Give credit to those coaches and kids for being unselfish. It is funny that it appears you watch games and only look at the effect a kid has on the offensive side of the ball. The reason that the Mt Sinai,BBP and St A's kid are so good is their effect everywhere else. They are all Great in the 30's where the game is controlled. Great in transition DEFENSE (stopping other teams breaks), great at shutting the other teams best player down, great at getting to ground balls, great at sliding and helping their teammates when they are beat. Great on the circle, great at causing turnovers, great at clearing the ball and are all really good offensively as well. It is not always the kids doing all the scoring that are playing the best.

You obviously are talking about a game as if you watched when in reality you did not. My point is its very easy to say the wB player got outplayed when playing those kids that were mentioned when in reality she got outplayed by a whole team. Watch the Farmingdale BBp game and tell me #10 was not the best player on the field that day , you talk about draw controls , ground balls , clearing the ball she was obviously the best player , add in scoring when it was needed and there is no question. Not a knock on any other player it is what it is, but some of you are blinded by your loyalty to a player or your dislike of another. Take the WB kid off her team how many games do they win without her.

I have seen all these kids play many times! Against each other and with each other. To bring up on game against a down Farmingdale team doesn't prove that #10 is better than # 19. Ask Weiner who she thinks is better! I can guarantee what her answer would be (#19).
They are all great and it is very hard to say who is better. My point is that most people watch a game and value the kids who get the points on offense. I am just pointing out that there are so many aspects of the game that need to be valued. Funny thing is the WB kid is great on the draw and you never mention it. I think she is a great player but not clearly the best.

I think WB is the best player. Fabulous on offense, speedy to get where she needs to be, an excellent shooter and feeder, and can play defense as well. I was there when WB played BBP and all I can say was WB as a whole was off that day, big time. Not saying WB would win if they rematched, but I bet it would be closer.

I also saw the BBP v. Farmingdale game and #10 had a great game -- because Farmindale's defense was like a sieve. Put her against a good defense and she is almost completely stymied, you can check Newsday's stats on that. 19 sees the game and who she can assist if she can't go to goal herself, 10 sees the goal much more than an open player so if she can't get through the defense alone then that's that.

MS girl is a great player but too many tricks up her sleeve. Cheap fouls, string tightening, moving after the whistle. That diminishes her in my eyes. No one is faster though, and she's got a lightning shot.

User
User
Ok. Time to move on to playoffs. Let's give these "best players" you're all talking about a rest. They're tired.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
Ok. Time to move on to playoffs. Let's give these "best players" you're all talking about a rest. They're tired.

Syo just killed Oceanside
Dealers beating Chiefs 4-1 right now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how did wb lose to huntington first time around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK WHOS GONNA WIN NORTHPORT OR WEST ISLIP TO GET TO THE FINALS

I WILL HAVE TO SAY NPRTHPORT !!!! BY 2-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK WHOS GONNA WIN NORTHPORT OR WEST ISLIP TO GET TO THE FINALS

I WILL HAVE TO SAY NPRTHPORT !!!! BY 2-3

Who won when they played earlier this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
west islip i think 8-4
but north port had off game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh beat Garden City 8-7! Great game!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a West Babylon parent, I would like to thank #12 for giving us the opportunity to be in every game. It was a pleasure to see you play with such determination and heart. You are a huge role model to the younger girls on your team. Even though your high school career is over, we will continue to watch you shine at Boston College. You will truely be missed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what's with the stats on MSG Varsity they are all over the place lately

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haupp beat WB 11-7

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 years in a row for Wantagh girls!

User
User
As a West Babylon parent, I would like to thank #12 for giving us the opportunity to be in every game. It was a pleasure to see you play with such determination and heart. You are a huge role model to the younger girls on your team. Even though your high school career is over, we will continue to watch you shine at Boston College. You will truely be missed

Well said.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 years in a row for Wantagh girls!

Awesome. You get to play one more.

Page 75 of 83 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard