BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 52 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Black Card rosters and schedule released. Everyone gets 4 games and it's a mix or 2018 and 2017 per team.

Last year, it was year specific.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Chaminade kids are there because it is right in the middle of the Comps. A shame it was scheduled so early in the summer.

Last year, it was held June 14-15.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Black Card rosters and schedule released. Everyone gets 4 games and it's a mix or 2018 and 2017 per team.

Last year, it was year specific.

Surprised when I saw the mix, but the feedback I got was this is a solid individual and team event. 4 games is a lot of lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a mix because of low turnout. Mostly suckers there this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a mix because of low turnout. Mostly suckers there this year.

last year 2014
2016 6 teams
2017 6 teams
equals 12 teams

this year 2015
12 teams with combo grades

number is the same

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Chaminade kids are there because it is right in the middle of the Comps. A shame it was scheduled so early in the summer.

Don't you worry. Your head coach and Express Directors made suet there boys were covered having their own showcase. Leaving no spots fir anyone else. have they also have them all placed in BRINE, 175, NXT,etc.

Just like the holdback goalie who should have placed this spring, he has his spots held in the 2019 slots.

Don't you worry about Comps interfering with lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any estimate on how many freshman registered varsity points this season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have experience with sending son to TOP 205 in Md?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have experience with sending son to TOP 205 in Md?

It's more like top 605... Supposedly getting better with the new guys involved with it. Time will tell. At one point in time it was a premier event, not so much anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3d pulled the plug on their Great State event. Does this mean that we have hit saturation when the 3d money machine can't pull off a tournament?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3d pulled the plug on their Great State event. Does this mean that we have hit saturation when the 3d money machine can't pull off a tournament?

It just means that all of the 91 & Express players were already commuted to other tournaments ie; Lake Placid. Now that Jimmy & Mike know about this, they will plan accordingly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Signed my 2018 Freshman up for Under Armour tryout.
Got a lot of time on Varsity in MIAA.

He is not committed.

Any thoughts?
Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Signed my 2018 Freshman up for Under Armour tryout.
Got a lot of time on Varsity in MIAA.

He is not committed.

Any thoughts?
Thank you

Can't speak for MD, but an uncommitted 2018 will have almost no shot of making the team unless he is lights out and politically backed... Even the its a long shot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ and Run with the Best Showcases are this Saturday. The Run with the Best has posted its schedule, teams, and college coaches. Looks good. Some decent colleges listed. Sure more will go due to same venue as LI Championship. Any info on the fl$ Showcase?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the NYS regents are at same time as the Chaminade comps...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were the showcases this weekend? fl$, run with the best, and prep lax? Were they run well? Did coaches attend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ Showcase was very well organized and run. Coaching excellent. Less selfish play than other showcases. Fields were superb. Talent at 2018 was excellent overall. Best Express and 91 players not there.

I counted about 25 coaches watching the 2016 game in the morning. Best guess is 5-10 coaches at 2018 in the morning. Fewer in the afternoon. Both D1 and D3.

Will sign up again next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were the showcases this weekend? fl$, run with the best, and prep lax? Were they run well? Did coaches attend?

Prep School showcase was very well attended. Saw many head coaches from a variety of top D1 programs including Ivies. Many other assistant D1 coaches as well. Many games had 30-40 coaches on the side lines. There where many D3 coaches as well from top schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Run with the best was great. Organized. Beautiful fields. Best players from 91 and Express were there. Good amount of college coaches in attendance. Pietramala from Hopkins was there all day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Overall Run With the Best was a well run and organized event. Good amount of College Coaches on each field. Stony Brook was a great place to have the event especially with the LI Championship games being played that day. Will do again. Great job by both Express and 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was Run with the Best just Express and 91 boys? Heard there was not a big response because of the cost and most of their better players are already committed - so it was opened to other clubs and was mostly lower level 91 and express teams who had their players attend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was Run with the Best just Express and 91 boys? Heard there was not a big response because of the cost and most of their better players are already committed - so it was opened to other clubs and was mostly lower level 91 and express teams who had their players attend.

It was originally advertised as only 91 and express players allowed but as is ALWAYS the case when Team 91/ Dynamic Sports Marketing is involved if you have a check you are welcome. Some of the teams had 3 goalies which is a disgrace in a showcase that cost double most other showcases!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They had an estimated 250 boys at 375 a pop for just a few hours of play. My calaculator figured a $95,000 day. And the list of coaches were not that clear. It did not say which coaches were in attendance it just said which coaches have been at their events.

Does anybody know a web site that actually evaluates tournaments besides the companies who evaluate their own tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was originally advertised as only 91 and express players allowed but as is ALWAYS the case when Team 91/ Dynamic Sports Marketing is involved if you have a check you are welcome. Some of the teams had 3 goalies which is a disgrace in a showcase that cost double most other showcases!!!

My son was at the event and I have to say it was well run and there was a lot of talent there. It was for players that were not committed so this would eliminate the committed players. It was advertised as a 91 and Express event with other teams being invited. Our club coach offered us a spot and we don't play with either 91 or Express when the event was announced. There were plenty of great players at the showcase. There were players from 91, Express, Express North, Outlaws, Igloo, Empire, and 3D. Not a bad representation of teams. There would be no players from fl$ because they were having their showcase that day also.

In regards to the 3 goalies I am looking at the list and no where do I see on the 4 teams 3 goalies. I do know two goalies didn't show so there were 3 teams (1,2,and 4) with just one in the 2018 age group.

There were a good amount of college coaches and at least 5 or 6 watching every game that was played. They did rotate fields as to have an opportunity to watch different players and teams. My son was very happy and received great feedback. He received invites to 5 prospect days from schools that were in attendance. I am sure there will be those who say everyone received those invites. Well that's not the case because we had numerous friends attend and they received different prospect day invites than he did. Based on the information given during recruiting speeches the invite to the prospect day is the first step in a coach contacting a player. Once contact is established via a live conversation then you will see if they are really interested.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone doing the LI SHowcase this week? Any thoughts on it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son was at the event and I have to say it was well run and there was a lot of talent there. It was for players that were not committed so this would eliminate the committed players. It was advertised as a 91 and Express event with other teams being invited. Our club coach offered us a spot and we don't play with either 91 or Express when the event was announced. There were plenty of great players at the showcase. There were players from 91, Express, Express North, Outlaws, Igloo, Empire, and 3D. Not a bad representation of teams. There would be no players from fl$ because they were having their showcase that day also.

In regards to the 3 goalies I am looking at the list and no where do I see on the 4 teams 3 goalies. I do know two goalies didn't show so there were 3 teams (1,2,and 4) with just one in the 2018 age group.

There were a good amount of college coaches and at least 5 or 6 watching every game that was played. They did rotate fields as to have an opportunity to watch different players and teams. My son was very happy and received great feedback. He received invites to 5 prospect days from schools that were in attendance. I am sure there will be those who say everyone received those invites. Well that's not the case because we had numerous friends attend and they received different prospect day invites than he did. Based on the information given during recruiting speeches the invite to the prospect day is the first step in a coach contacting a player. Once contact is established via a live conversation then you will see if they are really interested.

The 3 goalies per team were on the 2017 teams. Same event.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

This is the 2018 forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes doing showcase if the rain ever stops and if it stops getting cancelled. Lots of kids attend but it is a great experience and lets you know where you stand for your year.

Just a question from someone who didn't attend the Run with the Best. Our friend said everyone got emails which they should for that amount of money but were there any individual emails. They only received threads for prospect days. Isn't it just less expensive to just contact the schools you are interested in and find out the dates of their prospects camps yourself. Anyone can attend a prospect day if they show interest in the school. When you contact a school directly you can also get information on hs grades and sat scores needed to actually get into your school of choice. And not to be a wiseass - just trying to find information - did any of the coaches say how many spots/scholarships are still available for the different age groups for the colleges that attended and were watching the boys. My son received thread emails from several schools from another tournament he attended who were upfront and honest about open spots for his age group before we signed up for the prospect days and some did not offer any information. It was nice to see some honesty out there and not just someone grabbing for my wallet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game

This is the 2018 forum.

Yes but we were discussing the event and how Dynamic will never turn down a check. If the 2018 had to many goalies willing to pay they would have had 3 per team also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
assuming you meant you are doing the LI Showcase. My son is doing it as well. Any idea how many kids they have per age and how many games are played during the rounds?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes doing showcase if the rain ever stops and if it stops getting cancelled. Lots of kids attend but it is a great experience and lets you know where you stand for your year.

Just a question from someone who didn't attend the Run with the Best. Our friend said everyone got emails which they should for that amount of money but were there any individual emails. They only received threads for prospect days. Isn't it just less expensive to just contact the schools you are interested in and find out the dates of their prospects camps yourself. Anyone can attend a prospect day if they show interest in the school. When you contact a school directly you can also get information on hs grades and sat scores needed to actually get into your school of choice. And not to be a wiseass - just trying to find information - did any of the coaches say how many spots/scholarships are still available for the different age groups for the colleges that attended and were watching the boys. My son received thread emails from several schools from another tournament he attended who were upfront and honest about open spots for his age group before we signed up for the prospect days and some did not offer any information. It was nice to see some honesty out there and not just someone grabbing for my wallet.

Great event. Not everyone received emails to prospect days. Its a fact. Had a decent amount of friends (not acquaintances) attend event. Some received emails others did not. Those who did, did not receive emails from the same schools that my son did. Coaches at recruiting meeting specifically spoke about dates as to when they can actively contact a player and when they can not. They both said first step they can initiate is inviting to their prospect day. Once that is initiated then the process can move forward. The fact that coaches who were at the event sent out prospect day info to some players and not all in my book shows interest. It was not a cattle call of invites. Did not receive 25 invites but 5 to 6 for decent programs. In regards to the number of players they are looking for I think that this wouldn't have been the proper venue for that. The other thing is coaches are always looking for the best players to fill their roster. Yes this was a pay to attend event but it was well run and worth it in my book.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard it was well run like most of their events but not worth the money. And people are still receiving thread prospect day emails as of this afternoon and they are the same emails as less expensive showcases - but at the end of the day it all goes by how your son liked it. I have been to showcases and listened to College coaches talk about their program and how much the average lacrosse player receives for lacrosse and academics and what years in which they were looking. They set expectations for the players and their parents which is appreciated. Either way I hope your son does well.

Can anyone explain the format of the LI showcase? How many games and who evaluates the players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI showcase tryouts can anyone share previous experience?thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great event. Not everyone received emails to prospect days. Its a fact. Had a decent amount of friends (not acquaintances) attend event. Some received emails others did not. Those who did, did not receive emails from the same schools that my son did. Coaches at recruiting meeting specifically spoke about dates as to when they can actively contact a player and when they can not. They both said first step they can initiate is inviting to their prospect day. Once that is initiated then the process can move forward. The fact that coaches who were at the event sent out prospect day info to some players and not all in my book shows interest. It was not a cattle call of invites. Did not receive 25 invites but 5 to 6 for decent programs. In regards to the number of players they are looking for I think that this wouldn't have been the proper venue for that. The other thing is coaches are always looking for the best players to fill their roster. Yes this was a pay to attend event but it was well run and worth it in my book.

I think there are different levels of interest. Invite to Prospect day is a start. A personal email stating "we saw you play an are interested in you, you should come to our camp" is the next level. After that if the coach says, I can't call you but please call me... And then when a coach calls your HS coach and says we like this kid he needs to come to our camp is yet another level of interest. That being said, if you like the school and there's any level of interest from that school, I think you have to continue to pursue it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do committed boys go to this or not?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think there are different levels of interest. Invite to Prospect day is a start. A personal email stating "we saw you play an are interested in you, you should come to our camp" is the next level. After that if the coach says, I can't call you but please call me... And then when a coach calls your HS coach and says we like this kid he needs to come to our camp is yet another level of interest. That being said, if you like the school and there's any level of interest from that school, I think you have to continue to pursue it.

Mine is committed already so I will share a few thoughts. You are only being recruited when a coach calls your coach and asks you to call him. If that call goes well they will ask you to visit the school.

Prospect days are a good start, but please be clear that prospect days make the coaches money and they want as many kids there as possible. It might make everyone feel good to get the prospect day emails, but the truth is my kid (again already committed) received many of them and some, said we saw you play at xxx, when he wasn't even at xxx event.

Best way in my experience-

understand your kids level and look for schools that fit his play level and academic level. If your kid is a great player but having B and C grades, probably wouldn't waste time on Ivy. SO just be realistic about both.

Then email those coaches in advance of the events you attend and then follow up with an email after those events. Give your club coaches a heads up on the schools you want, if they are interested, they will call. If they are not, you have your answer.

It is extremely frustrating going to these events and then hoping your kid did well enough to get recognized by some school. You need to be proactive...my two cents, best of luck to all your boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes they do because until you sign you are a free agent and will be recruited by other schools. Remember a verbal commitment is nothing more than meaningless words.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is sound advice, unfortunately many of the followers of this blog will not think it applies to their own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
showcase has in the past been pretty well set roster wise. very few will actually get onto team unless h.s. coach gets involved and has a friendly relationship with the organizers. playoff teams used to get automatic bye to second round of tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is all up to the kid - teams are picked by HS coaches from each county and it is a great recruiting event but the HS coaches want to win so all teams will have plenty of committed players o it

Page 45 of 52 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard