BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
Re: 2015 NCAA Womens Lacrosse Scores and News
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So this Stony Brook player was not only a former Yellow Jacket but also a Northport HS alum? My daughter too! You know, I always suspected that my daughter was a bad egg... I'm disinheriting her, as of right now.

Did she regularly walk after the whistle, tighten her strings after a goal, reposition herself when ref isn't looking etc? If not, then ok you can still own her (i believe you meant disown her) ... the fact remains that those two programs (of course same person driving the bus) have a history of teaching their players to do these things. So it was no surprise that this Stony Brook player has that background. Do you deny this?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has the best chance at pulling off an upset this weekend?

here are the games:

Maryland
Northwestern

Loyola
Syracuse

Duke
Princeton

Penn State
North Carolina

I think Loyola has the best chance followed by Penn State and then Princeton. Northwestern has the toughest road to the Final Four.

Hopefully one of the teams can pull off an upset.

I can see Loyola possibly pulling one out if they can shut off Treanor. Penn State has been very impressive this season, but not sure if they'll be able to take down UNC - it really depends on how both goalies play. Normally I would say Princeton has no shot, but this reason they have really stepped up their game and I wouldn't be shocked to see them take down Duke. Northwestern is on a downward spiral, probably because of the insane coach (my daughter has several friends who play for her - she sounds like an absolute nightmare), so I highly doubt that they will be able to beat Maryland...but then again, if Ohio State was able to do it, never say never.

NW is on a downward spiral because of KAH? That might be the stupidest comment ever written on BofTC. She is demanding, that is for sure, and super competitive, but I believe she is considered one of the best coaches in women's lax history and has SEVEN rings to prove it. NW won't beat Maryland likely because your daughter's friends aren't good enough to beat them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

here are the games:

Maryland
Northwestern

Loyola
Syracuse

Duke
Princeton

Penn State
North Carolina

I think Loyola has the best chance followed by Penn State and then Princeton. Northwestern has the toughest road to the Final Four.

I can see Loyola possibly pulling one out if they can shut off Treanor. Penn State has been very impressive this season, but not sure if they'll be able to take down UNC - it really depends on how both goalies play. Normally I would say Princeton has no shot, but this reason they have really stepped up their game and I wouldn't be shocked to see them take down Duke. Northwestern is on a downward spiral, probably because of the insane coach (my daughter has several friends who play for her - she sounds like an absolute nightmare), so I highly doubt that they will be able to beat Maryland...but then again, if Ohio State was able to do it, never say never.

Not sure why you would say:

"Normally I would say Princeton has no shot, but this reason they have really stepped up their game and I wouldn't be shocked to see them take down Duke."

Here is a look at Coach Sailer and the history of her Princeton Tigers.

She has guided the team to 3 National Championships, 11 national semifinals, 15 quarterfinals, 21 NCAA tournament appearances and 10 Ivy League titles.

Sailer ranks second among active Division I coaches in victories, with 344 career wins, and also is the fifth winningest coach in NCAA history across all divisions. She has coached the most games in NCAA Tournament history, a total of 48 games. She ranks second in NCAA games won, sitting two games back from Kelly Amonte Hiller (Northwestern) and one in front of Cindy Timchal (Northwestern, Maryland, Navy).

She has been named National Coach of the year 3 times.

Overall, she has coached 89 All-Americas, the 2003 winner of the Tewaaraton Trophy and three other finalists for the award, 83 first-team All-Ivy players, 12 Ivy League Players of the Year and nine Ivy League Rookies of the Year. Princeton players won both the Ivy Player and Rookie of the Year awards three straight seasons.

---------------------

All history aside, I think Duke will win just didn't understand why you would say "normally princeton would have no shot."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what would Adelphi be ranked if they played D1?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

here are the games:

Maryland
Northwestern

Loyola
Syracuse

Duke
Princeton

Penn State
North Carolina

Best of luck to all of the Long Island Girls playing this weekend!

Which teams have the most LI girls?
Looks like 25 - 30 girls from The Island still in it. Congratulations to all!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go DI and find out...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So this Stony Brook player was not only a former Yellow Jacket but also a Northport HS alum? My daughter too! You know, I always suspected that my daughter was a bad egg... I'm disinheriting her, as of right now.

Did she regularly walk after the whistle, tighten her strings after a goal, reposition herself when ref isn't looking etc? If not, then ok you can still own her (i believe you meant disown her) ... the fact remains that those two programs (of course same person driving the bus) have a history of teaching their players to do these things. So it was no surprise that this Stony Brook player has that background. Do you deny this?

Yes, 3 years playing summer and fall with YJ and never once taught or encourage to do any of this stuff...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say somewhere in the mid 20's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would disagree and say lower end bottom 50

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some great lacrosse being played at the top of D2 and 3

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

here are the games:

Maryland
Northwestern

Loyola
Syracuse

Duke
Princeton

Penn State
North Carolina

Not sure why you would say:

"Normally I would say Princeton has no shot, but this reason they have really stepped up their game and I wouldn't be shocked to see them take down Duke."

Here is a look at Coach Sailer and the history of her Princeton Tigers.

She has guided the team to 3 National Championships, 11 national semifinals, 15 quarterfinals, 21 NCAA tournament appearances and 10 Ivy League titles.

Sailer ranks second among active Division I coaches in victories, with 344 career wins, and also is the fifth winningest coach in NCAA history across all divisions. She has coached the most games in NCAA Tournament history, a total of 48 games. She ranks second in NCAA games won, sitting two games back from Kelly Amonte Hiller (Northwestern) and one in front of Cindy Timchal (Northwestern, Maryland, Navy).

She has been named National Coach of the year 3 times.

Overall, she has coached 89 All-Americas, the 2003 winner of the Tewaaraton Trophy and three other finalists for the award, 83 first-team All-Ivy players, 12 Ivy League Players of the Year and nine Ivy League Rookies of the Year. Princeton players won both the Ivy Player and Rookie of the Year awards three straight seasons.

---------------------

All history aside, I think Duke will win just didn't understand why you would say "normally princeton would have no shot."

Totally agree with everyone you said. Coach Sailer is one of the best. Just said "normally princeton would have no shot" because I think Duke is the better team and has been for a few years, but after the tiger's last few games I think it is going to be a battle. I think ivy leagues are always at a disadvantage and will have a harder time regardless of their history or coaches because of the stricter rules they have to follow, that's all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would disagree and say lower end bottom 50

Bottom 50??? NO WAY the bottom 25 in D1 have a huge drop off in team talent. Adelphi maybe ranked 30-60 but no lower. Go watch them play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, 3 years playing summer and fall with YJ and never once taught or encourage to do any of this stuff...

I believe that actually. Just never discouraged either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey while we are on the subject of honesty , why don't you post your tax return and we can all go over that since you are so high and mighty. It's College lacrosse geez. Every player on the field is looking to push the rules to the accepted boundaries . Golf is the only sport where competitors regularly self report.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey while we are on the subject of honesty , why don't you post your tax return and we can all go over that since you are so high and mighty. It's College lacrosse geez. Every player on the field is looking to push the rules to the accepted boundaries . Golf is the only sport where competitors regularly self report.

Let me attempt to understand your insightful comment ... It's ok to cheat as long as you don't get caught. Is that what you mean?

Because what you said was "Every player on the field is looking to push the rules to the accepted boundaries ." And the situation that I brought up was clearly illegal and past the accepted boundaries.

So which is it? Push them to legal boundaries, or it's ok to cheat as long as you don't get caught.

If you don't think integrity is important in your children, that's fine. I happen to value it and would rather they don't cheat. To each their own.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Let me attempt to understand your insightful comment ... It's ok to cheat as long as you don't get caught. Is that what you mean?

Because what you said was "Every player on the field is looking to push the rules to the accepted boundaries ." And the situation that I brought up was clearly illegal and past the accepted boundaries.

So which is it? Push them to legal boundaries, or it's ok to cheat as long as you don't get caught.

If you don't think integrity is important in your children, that's fine. I happen to value it and would rather they don't cheat. To each their own.

Raiders owner Al Davis said it best.... " If you ain't cheating... Then you ain't trying". Remember folks, it's only cheating if you get caught. This happens in every sport at every level. Doesn't make it right but it's reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The most ridiculous rule of any and all sports is the girls lacrosse freeze on the foul/ whistle. 24 girls freeze with half of them in a full sprint. Now go to the spot on the field where you were when the whistle blew. If you don't your technically cheating. How are the refs controlling that? They can't even keep the girls from strolling into better position 10seconds after the whistle blows. I love the sport but have to admit that many of the rules need serious revising.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet you never drove over the speed limit as well!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola Vs Syracuse - Loyola

Princeton Vs Duke - Duke

Nortwestern Vs MD - Maryland

Penn State Vs UNC - Penn State

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The most ridiculous rule of any and all sports is the girls lacrosse freeze on the foul/ whistle. 24 girls freeze with half of them in a full sprint. Now go to the spot on the field where you were when the whistle blew. If you don't your technically cheating. How are the refs controlling that? They can't even keep the girls from strolling into better position 10seconds after the whistle blows. I love the sport but have to admit that many of the rules need serious revising.

The freeze rule actually encourages girls to foul especially in transition, the girls fouling goes behind but all teamates get those extra steps and more importantly it give the redefending team a chance to stop, look around, assess to situation and act on it when the live action whistle blows. Many/ most coaches tell players to foul a fast break transition, so long as it occurs out of the fan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the freeze rule is on the rules committee agenda this year, what I heard is they will make it legal to move on the whistle, at least in college. If I may adress what Quick and Rappaport said last week on MSG, the obstru tion rule is not obsolete, it is in effect as a saftey mesure being that girls don't wear helmets or pads, and I don't think anyone in NY, or Md wants that. Whatis obsolete is the stopp8ng of a goal because of it. Why do they penalize the offense for a defensive foul? It should become a hanging flag, 8 meter shot if the shooter misses. Likewise, for them to say the 8 meter is ridiculous is an uninformed comment, how many fantastic saves have we parents seen on the 8 meter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet you never drove over the speed limit as well!!!

So to be clear, you would teach your daughter to throw her stick to where the ball is when the refs turn their backs when a timeout is called, right? Because that is the situation we are talking about in the Stony Brook game.

Pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes!!! Win if you can. lose if you must, but always cheat. Rick Flare

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the freeze rule is on the rules committee agenda this year, what I heard is they will make it legal to move on the whistle, at least in college. If I may adress what Quick and Rappaport said last week on MSG, the obstru tion rule is not obsolete, it is in effect as a saftey mesure being that girls don't wear helmets or pads, and I don't think anyone in NY, or Md wants that. Whatis obsolete is the stopp8ng of a goal because of it. Why do they penalize the offense for a defensive foul? It should become a hanging flag, 8 meter shot if the shooter misses. Likewise, for them to say the 8 meter is ridiculous is an uninformed comment, how many fantastic saves have we parents seen on the 8 meter

The obstruction rule needs help because once the shooter takes the shot with a girl in shooting space, it is an illegal shot, a foul. Many refs put the shooter on the line for a free position, it should be a jump ball, not a new chance for the offense. And if the defender is in good defensive position and the shot is taken, it should be an offensive turnover. Free space to take a shot is there to protect the girls from getting beaned in the head with a 90mph shot. Any shot taken with a defender in shooting space ( legally or illegally) is a foul/penalty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never understood the taking back of a goal and penalizing the defending team makes no sense.

Basketball has the comtinuation after the foul.
Hockey has a delayed penalty
Soccer plays advantage
football throws the flag and then have option of taking play of penalty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never understood the taking back of a goal and penalizing the defending team makes no sense.

Soccer plays advantage

Women's lax has advantage as well ... just not with regard to shooting space. You will often see a ref raise their flag and wait for the outcome of the play before calling the foul. You will also see "play on" motioned when the offense has the "advantage". The shooting space call is the only automatic stoppage of play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Soccer plays advantage

Women's lax has advantage as well ... just not with regard to shooting space. You will often see a ref raise their flag and wait for the outcome of the play before calling the foul. You will also see "play on" motioned when the offense has the "advantage". The shooting space call is the only automatic stoppage of play.

yeah, and it's ridiculous...they blow the whistle after the shot, shot goes in, and doesn't count...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Soccer plays advantage

The shooting space is the one I was referencing since it is usually the one that results in taking a goal off the scoreboard. Most times the whistle is blown when the ball is already in the cage!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Soccer plays advantage

The shooting space is the one I was referencing since it is usually the one that results in taking a goal off the scoreboard. Most times the whistle is blown when the ball is already in the cage!

The issue is safety. If they let "continuance" be the rule there is a thought, and a good one, that girls would fire away while the defender is in shooting space. You take the goal away to protect the defender. Is it perfect? No. Are there bigger fish to fry rule-wise? Yes. Lets start with a shot clock!!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
A shot clock and start tallying fouls like in basketball. That would cut down on a ton of dangerous play. WLAX rules are very frustrating, and even confusing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

Soccer plays advantage

The issue is safety. If they let "continuance" be the rule there is a thought, and a good one, that girls would fire away while the defender is in shooting space. You take the goal away to protect the defender. Is it perfect? No. Are there bigger fish to fry rule-wise? Yes. Lets start with a shot clock!!!

We're referring to the calls that are made during the shot, and whistle blows, and ball is in the goal..why shouldn't those count? I understand when they stop the play before the shot, like you said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Soccer plays advantage

The reality is the official is looking the other way by not carding the shooter for a dangerous shot for shooting when a defender is in shooting space. So the goal shouldn't count and the shooter gets a yellow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With so few even games these days, the STALL is killing the game!

Similer to the 4 corner stall in college basketball before the shot clock.

Spice it up. Goals Speed Transition Defense Exciting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Soccer plays advantage

The reality is the official is looking the other way by not carding the shooter for a dangerous shot for shooting when a defender is in shooting space. So the goal shouldn't count and the shooter gets a yellow

w
Saw this exact call today, and it was correct. Defender illegally in shooting space, girl fired shot and scored. Ref blew whistle, double foul. No goal was recorded, the shooter got the yellow and they had a jump ball to resume play due to the double foul.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Soccer plays advantage

We're referring to the calls that are made during the shot, and whistle blows, and ball is in the goal..why shouldn't those count? I understand when they stop the play before the shot, like you said.

Because in your rules world, the player would be encouraged to take the shot. Unless you are going to put full equipment on the girls, this rule needs to stay in place. There are many other things to change about the game before getting to this one. How about going to a 3-3-3 player formation like the guys game, and open up the field more? How about not releasing on the draw until possession? How about a yellow card for delay of game for repeated fouling in transition? etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5 of Top 10 Point scorers from Long Island

2. Shannon Gilroy. Florida/ Northport HS. 67-22-89
3. Loren Gennari. Navy/ Bayport-Blue Point. 57-29-86
4. Kylie Ohmiller. Stony Brook/ West Islip. 41-44-85
7. Halle Majorana. Syracuse/ Manhasset. 48-33-81
9. Danielle Della Rocca. Jacksonville/ Mount Sinai. 52-28-80

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The shooting space is the one I was referencing since it is usually the one that results in taking a goal off the scoreboard. Most times the whistle is blown when the
Saw this exact call today, and it was correct. Defender illegally in shooting space, girl fired shot and scored. Ref blew whistle, double foul. No goal was recorded, the shooter got the yellow and they had a jump ball to resume play due to the double foul.

Westhampton Sayville Game, saw that too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Soccer plays advantage

Because in your rules world, the player would be encouraged to take the shot. Unless you are going to put full equipment on the girls, this rule needs to stay in place. There are many other things to change about the game before getting to this one. How about going to a 3-3-3 player formation like the guys game, and open up the field more? How about not releasing on the draw until possession? How about a yellow card for delay of game for repeated fouling in transition? etc.
agree with 2 of 3, not a fan o f 3, 3, 3. Lets keep it 12 v 12, and add the ability to move on the whistle, and keep the stall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see three close games today!

Duke 7, Princeton 3
UNC 11, Penn State 8
Syracuse 10, Loyola 7

Anyone have any predictions for Maryland-Northwestern tomorrow?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question, why would anyone like the stall?

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard