BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 74 of 83 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just saw who our coach selected for "all conference". I mean, our coach is bad but selecting this girl just proves how out of touch she is with this team. She picks the most selfish player, who doesnt pass and is the last person you would want to be a role model for the rest of the girls on the team. Go figure!

So she picked your Daughter

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw who our coach selected for "all conference". I mean, our coach is bad but selecting this girl just proves how out of touch she is with this team. She picks the most selfish player, who doesnt pass and is the last person you would want to be a role model for the rest of the girls on the team. Go figure!

Come on, lacrosse is all about selfish stat building which leads to early verbals. If you are trolling this site you probably have an athletic kid and are around other sports. Answer me this, what other sport do you hear about the constant scholarships and early committing? Baseball? Softball? Soccer? Football? Basketball? NONE OF THEM! they all get some scholarships but the only sport you ever hear about is Lacrosse and summer club teams are a major driver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on, lacrosse is all about selfish stat building which leads to early verbals. If you are trolling this site you probably have an athletic kid and are around other sports. Answer me this, what other sport do you hear about the constant scholarships and early committing? Baseball? Softball? Soccer? Football? Basketball? NONE OF THEM! they all get some scholarships but the only sport you ever hear about is Lacrosse and summer club teams are a major driver.

Soccer for sure, kids are committing in 9th grade now. The proliferation of "national" leagues such as ECNL on the girls side hadade this a real issue for soccer as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not going to disagree with you in regards to the selfish stat building - that is rampant on LI and some of the coaches are also to blame for letting it go on.

However, I will disagree with you in regards to the scholarship issue you raise. The reason you hear about it more with lacrosse is because more kids from Long Island are using lacrosse as a tool to get into school than any other sport. The numbers don't lie - more kids are going to college to play lacrosse (boys and girls) than almost all of the other major sports combined.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not going to disagree with you in regards to the selfish stat building - that is rampant on LI and some of the coaches are also to blame for letting it go on.

However, I will disagree with you in regards to the scholarship issue you raise. The reason you hear about it more with lacrosse is because more kids from Long Island are using lacrosse as a tool to get into school than any other sport. The numbers don't lie - more kids are going to college to play lacrosse (boys and girls) than almost all of the other major sports combined.

High School Lacrosse has nothing to do with recruiting therefore the “stat building” does not impact the early verbal commitments.

Why don’t you just come out and say it, “pas the ball to my daughter so she can score”.

The jealousy and bitterness on this sight and on the sidelines is incredible.

The animosity from the parents of the less athletic, less skilled, less aggressive less whatever players towards the stronger players is amazing.

Parents look to tear down any player who (has what their kid doesn’t) plays travel, scores the most goals, or gets recruited and commits early etc...

Do you lunatics ever listen to yourselves? The next time you hear that a 9th or 10th grade girl or boy commits to a great school/program keep your mouth shut and listen. The negative comments from the jealous parents are soon to follow. I have heard them many times and I’m sure you have as well.

If the ball hog is getting recruited by Maryland, North Carolina and Northwestern I would say that she is probably an excellent player.

If you want know where your daughter stands in relation to her peers across the country take a close look at the colleges that have reached out and have actively recruited and made an offer to your daughter. You can’t judge a player based on high school lacrosse. Unfortunately, HS Lax is not competitive and the coaching is weak. The recruiting process will usually tell the story.

If some of the Top 5 programs in the country are recruiting her then your daughter is in a very small group of exceptional players.

If some of the Top 10 programs are actively recruiting your daughter then she is no doubt an exceptional player.

If some of the Top 20 programs are recruiting her she must be really good as well.

If you have contacted schools and found your daughter a good school that is a good fit and the coach is willing to give her a chance then I’m sure she is a good player.

Since I know some of you have difficulty with reading comprehension let me point out that I did not say:

“The best players only go to the Top 20 Programs”

Many great players go to schools that are not considered Top 20 Programs. My point is that those programs do not miss identifying the best talent very often.

Not all players who are recruited by the best programs choose to go to one of those schools.

Sorry guys, just very tired of all of the hate and bitterness directed at some of the kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree some really good players go to schools outside of the top 20 and many even go to a lower division but I say after you have your 10 goals how about a pass? Just because other kids don't play for the same travel outfit or play travel at all doesn't preclude them from being a good player.

You think all these three sport athletes play outside travel for all of them during HS? Soccer or Volleyball then travel Basketball then travel softball or lacrosse? I don't think so. Most focus on their #1 sport and then just play the others at a high level in HS. Why is it all the other sports seem to have no problem playing as a team like lacrosse does?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you ever think that some kids want to college for an education and play lax because they love the game. Who cares if the school is in the top 20/30.. What are they going to with a stick when they graduate? Take it to work with them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well done

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you ever think that some kids want to college for an education and play lax because they love the game. Who cares if the school is in the top 20/30.. What are they going to with a stick when they graduate? Take it to work with them!

Final 8 teams:

Princeton
Duke
Northwestern
North Carolina
Penn State
Loyola
Maryland
Syracuse

I think the girls who go to these schools might also love lacrosse. Oh yeah I think the education is OK too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

High School Lacrosse has nothing to do with recruiting therefore the “stat building” does not impact the early verbal commitments.

Why don’t you just come out and say it, “pas the ball to my daughter so she can score”.

The jealousy and bitterness on this sight and on the sidelines is incredible.

The animosity from the parents of the less athletic, less skilled, less aggressive less whatever players towards the stronger players is amazing.

Parents look to tear down any player who (has what their kid doesn’t) plays travel, scores the most goals, or gets recruited and commits early etc...

Do you lunatics ever listen to yourselves? The next time you hear that a 9th or 10th grade girl or boy commits to a great school/program keep your mouth shut and listen. The negative comments from the jealous parents are soon to follow. I have heard them many times and I’m sure you have as well.

If the ball hog is getting recruited by Maryland, North Carolina and Northwestern I would say that she is probably an excellent player.

If you want know where your daughter stands in relation to her peers across the country take a close look at the colleges that have reached out and have actively recruited and made an offer to your daughter. You can’t judge a player based on high school lacrosse. Unfortunately, HS Lax is not competitive and the coaching is weak. The recruiting process will usually tell the story.

If some of the Top 5 programs in the country are recruiting her then your daughter is in a very small group of exceptional players.

If some of the Top 10 programs are actively recruiting your daughter then she is no doubt an exceptional player.

If some of the Top 20 programs are recruiting her she must be really good as well.

If you have contacted schools and found your daughter a good school that is a good fit and the coach is willing to give her a chance then I’m sure she is a good player.

Since I know some of you have difficulty with reading comprehension let me point out that I did not say:

“The best players only go to the Top 20 Programs”

Many great players go to schools that are not considered Top 20 Programs. My point is that those programs do not miss identifying the best talent very often.

Not all players who are recruited by the best programs choose to go to one of those schools.

Sorry guys, just very tired of all of the hate and bitterness directed at some of the kids.

GREAT post!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Plenty of complaints about they weak play in Suffolk but I just saw a 3-12 team was a 5th seed in Nassau. 0-10 in conference. Outside of Manhasset, GC and Wantagh, Nassau is just as weak as Suffolk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk is extremely weak. Yea Mt. Sinai and Middle Country had good records, but are really not overly impressive. No one is. Anyone can win on any given night. The all star players from the teams aren't even that good this year. I guess Long Island Lacrosse is not like it used to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well done

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk is extremely weak. Yea Mt. Sinai and Middle Country had good records, but are really not overly impressive. No one is. Anyone can win on any given night. The all star players from the teams aren't even that good this year. I guess Long Island Lacrosse is not like it used to be.

How are the star players not good this year? Those 2 teams have 1 loss between them. You people are funny. If the "stars" go to goal and build their stats they are not that good because the are just stat builders. If they play team ball, great defense and get their team mates involved, but their stats aren't as good, you say they aren't that good this year. Which is it??? Maybe u just like to be negative and never give anyone credit? Pathetic!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't you a Debbie Downer? Suffolk girls look great, don't know who you were watching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Put a face on it........DII friday

Hauppauge over Comsowque by 15
Huntington over WB by 6
ESM over Harborfields by 8
Sayville over WH by 8
Matt over Babylon by 6

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tomorrow is my daughters first playoff game and I am beyond excited for her!!!!!she does not see much of the field but she is fired up to be on this team and experience this game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agree on the winners but the Say and Hunt game will be closer and ESM will win by more than 10 as Harborfields had a weak schedule.

Com did not have a win against a playoff team so their game could be ugly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Comsewogue - give them credit they made the playoffs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh vs Garden City will happen. Manhasset getting the #1 seed was big so they have a clear path to the finals. All three won easily. Great teams. All three have a shot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Comsewogue - give them credit they made the playoffs

They deserve credit for making playoffs!!! Congrats and good luck! Good luck to all the girls playing today!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just ask the Smithtown East Mom who calls the sidelines/scorers table during the game to ensure her little star is getting "credit" for her goals/assists. What a joke...Smithtown East loony's may have surpassed Mt. Insane O

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI coach doesn't pick her own kids, the coaches from the teams the play during the season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fyi absolutely not. Each coach is given a number of awards and which awards. For example. 2 all county, 1 all class etc... Then the coach puts in which girls she wants and all other coaches approve (which is just a formality). The better your record or higher your seed the more awards your team gets. As a highschool coach im absolutely positive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First Suffolk Class B result in. WB over Hunt 14-12 with the 2 WB studettes scoring 7 goals each

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The wheels came off the bus in Huntington . Better start a new thread .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cannot believe what I witnessed today at the Huntington game. Absolutely pathetic coaching. Thank god that this season from [lacrosse] is over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time for a new coach/coaches in Huntington! They do not have a clue!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First Suffolk Class B result in. WB over Hunt 14-12 with the 2 WB studettes scoring 7 goals each

How does Huntington lose to a team with two players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good question

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Very simple. Those two are better than anything Huntington had.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
KW put the UNC goalie in for 45 seconds, she let one goal in, and then took her out immediately. Other goalie played great in the first half but made 0 saves in the second. Did not understand this coaching decision at all. Not fair to either goalie! Why even put the second-line girl in at all? That is just demeaning to both of the girls. Very unfair.

This, along with letting TWO girls score EVERY GOAL is absolutely pathetic.

Is she TRYING to lose?????????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You go out there and try and stop the sam's. Good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Senior on west babylon is the best player in the country. Girl is carrying that team on her back all year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off, congrats to Mattituck on their first playoff win in C in a 4/5 game vs Bab and next up...Mount Sinai!

B semis are set with Haup vs WB. They played a close game in the reg season where Haup won by 2...lets see if Haup shuts down the WB girls. The other semi is a rematch of last years B final with ESM vs Say. Say quietly gets the job done w/o the EMS controversy; should be a good game...really good games!!!

User
User
Huntington Girls Varsity Lacrosse has it's own thread. Direct any posts concerning that topic to that thread.

Back of the Cage
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Senior on west babylon is the best player in the country. Girl is carrying that team on her back all year

Truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gotogoal

Very simple. Those two are better than anything Huntington had.

That's right. All of WB's wins were due to that same simple fact!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good question

Go look at the Newsday stats. The 2 WB girls had EVERY goal and EVERY assist. Not one other offensive player with a goal or assist. No attempt to shut either of them off and make the 5 other offensive players beat you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good question

Go look at the Newsday stats. The 2 WB girls had EVERY goal and EVERY assist. Not one other offensive player with a goal or assist. No attempt to shut either of them off and make the 5 other offensive players beat you.

Double and triple teams on the senior didn't work. The junior scored. Once Huntington went to man to man it was worse. One girl can't cover the senior. Other 5 girls are all 8th and 9th graders and are solid players. Offense is run around the big two.

Page 74 of 83 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard