BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 32 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 31 32
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no for football it's definitely 8 games regular season. Two rounds of playoffs then championship game. if u don't make playoffs you still play two more games against teams that also didn't make it. if u lose in the playoffs say in the first round PAL let's u play two more games against teams that got knocked out as well. so everyone plays ten games one way or another but the regular season is eight games. My team was eleven last year and we lost in the first round

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a few good men

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you're right it's seven

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So SCPAL lacrosse plays 7 games vs. SCPAL football plays 10 and provides equipment and uniforms for the same price? Unreal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a famous Jack Nicholson quote from the movie "A Few Good Men. It was what followed "You can't handle the truth." Which is probably just as appropriate for youth lacrosse parents.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 1st 2 games, were snowed out, take the PAL to small claims court. Go try to get 40 bucks back. Its kids lacrosse, give it a rest man.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymousa
Unregistered
Anonymousa
Unregistered
A
The snowed out games were made up and its was still an 8 game season.
If "its just kids lacrosse" why do you troll these boards? My point is that SCPAL Football seems to do so more with less. But I guess your attitude matches SCPAL Lacrosse.
And what town are you in that charges $40?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody charges 40 bucks, it was a figure of speech. The comment was, football charges the same and you get more games with football. I coach both sports for my 11 yr old son. I wish there was a playoff, this is a priority before parties, weekend plans , barbaques, other sports etc. However after the holiday weekend next week, it seems difficult to organize weekend games. Many parents don't make PAL lacrosse a priority, club lax starts to pick it up, kids play baseball, soccer, this family has a beach house, this family is going to hamptons, fire island, etc. The 17 kids on my team, is now 9 kids. Football , ending nov 7th or nov 21, Nov 28th, the condlicts don't seem to be very many.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will never be a post season in PAL lax because club lax poaches all the kids after Memorial Day. There are no club teams in football.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that football can charge less and "give" more because there are twice as many kids on each football team than there are on the average lacrosse team. This is LACROSSE, not football. If you don't like the length or cost of the lacrosse season, stick to football.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nobody charges 40 bucks, it was a figure of speech. The comment was, football charges the same and you get more games with football. I coach both sports for my 11 yr old son. I wish there was a playoff, this is a priority before parties, weekend plans , barbaques, other sports etc. However after the holiday weekend next week, it seems difficult to organize weekend games. Many parents don't make PAL lacrosse a priority, club lax starts to pick it up, kids play baseball, soccer, this family has a beach house, this family is going to hamptons, fire island, etc. The 17 kids on my team, is now 9 kids. Football , ending nov 7th or nov 21, Nov 28th, the condlicts don't seem to be very many.

This

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahh, another season of PAL lax in the books. Another season of PAL allowing towns not to abide by it's own rules. It is not fair to the towns who do follow them, and yes there are a few of us out there that still do. Far and few between but we do exist. This is supposed to be a fun, town vs. town league. It has turned into, try and put the best team together with any kids you can find and go play the team that the other town can put together. This is not and was never intended to be club lacrosse, if that's what you want then go play lacrosse for one of the many clubs out there, I am sure they will be more than glad to take your money. PAL has got to stop the parents and directors who feel THEY can run this league how THEY see fit and either start to punish the towns who do not follow the rules or expel them from playing in the league. There needs to be some sort of age and residency verification put in place, because the "honor" system is not working. It was another season of coaches putting their teams in a lower division because they need all the mommies and daddies to feel good about themselves watching little Johnny play against much weaker opponents. Another season of kids playing for more than one "town team", but the parents and coaches don't care because it helps little Johnny win games and if that's not happening the emails will fly. PAL also needs to do a better job or come up with a better system for placing teams, if a team goes undefeated in a season, they are in the wrong division and should be playing up a division. Many teams stay in the B or C division just to ensure a winning record. I have a lot more respect for a town that tries to challenge their kids and not coddle them. Maybe one day the "adults" will just get out of the way and stop ruining local youth sports, but I doubt it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cheers to the idiot loud mouth down on east islip sideline today. class act.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cheers to the idiot loud mouth down on east islip sideline today. class act.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is extremely simple... SCPAL Lacrosee enforce your own damn rules!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahh, another season of PAL lax in the books. Another season of PAL allowing towns not to abide by it's own rules. It is not fair to the towns who do follow them, and yes there are a few of us out there that still do. Far and few between but we do exist. This is supposed to be a fun, town vs. town league. It has turned into, try and put the best team together with any kids you can find and go play the team that the other town can put together. This is not and was never intended to be club lacrosse, if that's what you want then go play lacrosse for one of the many clubs out there, I am sure they will be more than glad to take your money. PAL has got to stop the parents and directors who feel THEY can run this league how THEY see fit and either start to punish the towns who do not follow the rules or expel them from playing in the league. There needs to be some sort of age and residency verification put in place, because the "honor" system is not working. It was another season of coaches putting their teams in a lower division because they need all the mommies and daddies to feel good about themselves watching little Johnny play against much weaker opponents. Another season of kids playing for more than one "town team", but the parents and coaches don't care because it helps little Johnny win games and if that's not happening the emails will fly. PAL also needs to do a better job or come up with a better system for placing teams, if a team goes undefeated in a season, they are in the wrong division and should be playing up a division. Many teams stay in the B or C division just to ensure a winning record. I have a lot more respect for a town that tries to challenge their kids and not coddle them. Maybe one day the "adults" will just get out of the way and stop ruining local youth sports, but I doubt it.

PAL in the past was actually much more competitive as only the best kids from each town made the travel teams and the rest played the rec league.
Now anyone who signs up can play travel, although many parents like this its far from a productive use of time for upper development. Have you notices how many new clubs pop up every year? PAL is a dinosaur and many expect its role in development will continue to diminish over the years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your team must be God awful

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No reason to play PAL lax anymore. Do your son a favor, find a good travel team with committed coaches and he will be much better for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No reason to play PAL lax anymore. Do your son a favor, find a good travel team with committed coaches and he will be much better for it.

Great idea. I'll go empty out my bank account right now. Instead why don't we fix PAL so we can stop getting ripped off by club teams. and finally, does anyone know what club team Myles Jones played for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not get the hate for PAL. Some of you want to make it travel but it is not. Even though I think it would be cool for a playoff game or two, starting this weekend you can play a in a championship tournament every weekend until august with a travel team or town team you organize.

Why the hate on PAL you get 2 practices a week, a game with refs each week. and the kids get to play with their friends.

Sure it gets frustrating with the different levels of skill between the good players and the ones still developing.

IMO PAL is an extension of the high school program. Try to get as many kids playing the sport and develop their skills. WANT more than that after the PAL season, you can play travel every weekend until August.

The towns that have a "Win Now" attitude and bring in players, bend the rules, etc. More power to you with your "Youth Team Championship," because everyone tells people of their undefeated 9 year old lacrosse team as adults.

The problem with PAL as I see it is the parents with the "Win Now" attitude and not part of the "Program development" attitude.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great post and very true. I have been coaching PAL LAX for 15 years and it is getting worse and worse. Everyone thinks they are a club tema now and must recruit because it has becoem all about winning and the egos of adults and not about developing young lacrosse players anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great idea. I'll go empty out my bank account right now. Instead why don't we fix PAL so we can stop getting ripped off by club teams. and finally, does anyone know what club team Myles Jones played for?

YES, 64240.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The landscape of LI lacrosse has changed drastically over 15 years. The problem is PAL HAS become a competitor of club lacrosse. Especially now that PAL doesn't enforce its own rules, won't update websites (was there a 2015 rule book?) and seems generally disorganized and disinterested. PAL exists at the pleasure of its own board. If they actually posted the scores for public consumption we could see who is sandbagging. I now see club teams who historically didn't try to compete during the PAL season now trying to capitalize. Better players get frustrated playing with developing players and eventually stop showing up. If you pay x thousand for club lacrosse and their is a scheduling conflict where are you playing? I agree that town lacrosse is worth saving but PAL is not helping the situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All these yoyo's clamoring for a playoff or champion...PAL listened and they in effect did that by creating the Select division. If you don;t want to split your town teams evenly and you want "A" and "B" teams then simply enter that division with your A team. Problem is 35 of 42 directors said they wanted an A division but then when sign up time actually came only about 7 towns stepped up and did not sand bag and put a team in that division-GC, N'port, CSH, Port, SWR, Franklin Square and Syosset, 3 village (depending on which grade in some cases). All other towns, expecially those with only 1 team or with A and B teams that did not sign up for the select division are Sandbaggers. Period. If I missed a team in an age group that has supported the Select Division over the last two years I apologize. No disrespect meant. The Sandbaggers know who they are... Enjoy your D2 blowouts...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YES, 64240.

That's the same club Jim Brown played for. And what club did the Thompson brothers play for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all the crybabies crying about A teams that playing B division lacrosse I just want to say, my son played 2021 B division lacrosse in Suffolk county and his team was successful but I didn't see a single team that should've been playing in the A division. can someone please enlighten me to who the culprits are because I think this sounds more like frustrated coaches who had maybe four solid kids and the rest developmental kids. which there's nothing wrong with that. but to them I say don't complain, drop down to a lower division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau i was referring to and my team did just fine. There were some D2 teams that should've been in Select Division though that weren't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok. well that's a shame that there are teams hiding in a lower division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YES, 64240.

That's the same club Jim Brown played for. And what club did the Thompson brothers play for?

lax 247365

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all the crybabies crying about A teams that playing B division lacrosse I just want to say, my son played 2021 B division lacrosse in Suffolk county and his team was successful but I didn't see a single team that should've been playing in the A division. can someone please enlighten me to who the culprits are because I think this sounds more like frustrated coaches who had maybe four solid kids and the rest developmental kids. which there's nothing wrong with that. but to them I say don't complain, drop down to a lower division.

My son's team should be playing in the A division. His coach assumed we would be but PAL didn't move them up and the result was that there wasn't a single face off after the first quarter all season. That's not fair to either team. The coach was mad because he wanted his team challenged and the other teams were mad because they were outmatched.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no face offs!?!? Oh right I see you guys were up by four or five goals pretty quickly. strange, same thing happened with my team this season same exact thing u explained out in Suffolk. it became boring as a coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PAL in the past was actually much more competitive as only the best kids from each town made the travel teams and the rest played the rec league.
Now anyone who signs up can play travel, although many parents like this its far from a productive use of time for upper development. Have you notices how many new clubs pop up every year? PAL is a dinosaur and many expect its role in development will continue to diminish over the years.

Exactly right. One significant reason for the emergence of so many club teams is that PAL does not meet the needs of the more competitive or developed player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or how about my son's team not winning a single game in the A Division? Where's the uproar?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look, it's simple. PAL season is only 8 weeks long. It is meant for the TOWNS to compete against each other in a competitive but fun way. It is a chance for the kids who enjoy playing the game but are not good enough, have no interest in or can not afford to play for the club teams. If you happen to have A level players in your town, then play in the A division, if they are B players, play in B and so on, it is what it is. We all know both in Nassau and Suffolk there are teams who have kids from outside their town playing for them. Some of these kids play for more than just one team, you can't blame them they just want to play, but they have the other 44 weeks of the year to do this. You can blame PAL and the town directors and coaches for allowing this. The lacrosse community on L.I. is small and tight knit and by 3rd-4th grade we all know who most of the kids are, where they are from and who they play for, both club and PAL. We all know that this goes on and who does it as much as they want to deny they don't. It amazes me that the parents in these towns accept this but I guess they are more concerned with their kids "self esteem" and would rather win games on the backs of kids who were recruited from outside their town just to win games rather than teach their own kids they need to work hard and put in the time and effort if THEY want to improve and be successful. This just seems to be the way things are in our society today, parents are ok with doing anything just as long as their kids are able "feel good" about themselves rather than teach them to work hard themselves to achieve what they want, it's pretty pathetic and this is what is ruining the PAL experience if you ask me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they don't belong in A division I guess

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or how about wantagh bringing in the better kids from the other team to try and win? i get being short and needing a couple subs but bringing the better guys from one team when you already have a full roster?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does the team that finished 8-0 get vs the team that finished 0-8? Nothing. They both get nothing. So this emphasis some of you are putting on winning or accusing coaches of wanting to get wins is for what?

My team did very well this past season. I cherished the past months/years coaching these kids and watching them progress. I'll hold on to those memories more that what our record was. Anyone else who does the opposite should not be coaching a PAL team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Myles Jones played PAL not club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey there it is!!! I was waiting for someone to call a town out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids returned after the 0-8 season?

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 32 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 31 32
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard