BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Could not agree more to this post, Bethesda is a team we have played multiple times (we're from PA). Played them close once and got blown out twice BUT each time walked off the field respecting their players and coaches, all good guys and kids. Completely unlike the poor culture created at Rising Sons.
And the Sons blew you out too, bad. The only people who care are the dads from these various clubs. The kids don't care, their all friends. This team will continue on its course.

The funny thing is.....The "Sons" as you call them, have been exposed for what they are, (obviously playing with older kids). With that said, if you look back, they still have not even beat a top tier Long Island team with the older kids. It shows the dominance of the LI teams. Its proven in the results. The "Sons" organization will be on a downslide from here on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could not agree more to this post, Bethesda is a team we have played multiple times (we're from PA). Played them close once and got blown out twice BUT each time walked off the field respecting their players and coaches, all good guys and kids. Completely unlike the poor culture created at Rising Sons.
And the Sons blew you out too, bad. The only people who care are the dads from these various clubs. The kids don't care, their all friends. This team will continue on its course.

and what will that course be?

Obviously the cheating course! Adding older kids that have reclassed is one thing- adding older kids that say they will reclass- that is just cheating. Completely exposed and everyone is happy for that. Play with honor!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
parents of 7th graders or "potential 7th graders" that play their kid down in 6th grade divisions are a joke. If your kid is that good then maybe you should try to play him in the 8th grade division!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is UGLY down here in Philadelphia! Rising Sons got caught cheating and now are telling their kids not to wear their helmets to tryouts for recreation league all star teams. Last weekend a bunch of their boys tried out for the local all star team and they all wore different helmets or removed the stickers. If I were a parent that would be a red flag for me if my child was told not to wear a helmet because people didn't like the team and it could hurt them in a tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All we have done at the Sons is what all of the Maryland and Long Island teams have always done. Bethesda Icon Igloo 91 Crabs all have kids who may reclassify and they play them down now.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is complete nonsense and its obviously posted by someone trying to stir the pot. Rising Sons kids didn't tryout for the all-star team because 13 of their kids were selected to tryout for the Great State Shootout which is the same day as the Chester Country Tryout.
It is UGLY down here in Philadelphia! Rising Sons got caught cheating and now are telling their kids not to wear their helmets to tryouts for recreation league all star teams. Last weekend a bunch of their boys tried out for the local all star team and they all wore different helmets or removed the stickers. If I were a parent that would be a red flag for me if my child was told not to wear a helmet because people didn't like the team and it could hurt them in a tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My gosh you guys down there really fear those Sons. We will see how they make out on May 16th vs Igloo and Express. Give it a rest already, we get it, they had 2 young 7th graders playing down, ok its done move on. I doubt their on the team anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A friend of mine told me Philly Freedom how a 7th grader playing down on the 6th grade team and his dad was the coach. He said Freedom is on the board of the league as well and nothing was done about it. Big Rug and Big Broom. I checked the scores and the Sons beat both undefeated teams 11-1 and 12-3 without the "holdbacks"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My gosh you guys down there really fear those Sons. We will see how they make out on May 16th vs Igloo and Express. Give it a rest already, we get it, they had 2 young 7th graders playing down, ok its done move on. I doubt their on the team anymore.
I wonder why 91 orange wasn't invited. I know they had a conflict with the Son's tournament in April. Another conflict? Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They were invited...to both.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I remember hearing that they were going to beat everyone this year. Any ideas why they are not playing?
I wonder why 91 orange wasn't invited. I know they had a conflict with the Son's tournament in April. Another conflict? Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I remember hearing that they were going to beat everyone this year. Any ideas why they are not playing?

More than likely no interest in playing cheaters. All clubs should boycott Rising Sons. Sons will be be to re-stacking their rosters with hold backs. Just wait.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOSER Jealous PA Dad, grow the f up. Get over it, move on, find another reason to dislike the Sons. Their a great club with great kids, parents and coaches. Maybe the Sons should just boycott playing you local yocals. I've never heard so much crying from grown men. Honestly, you are disgusting. Part of the problem. Punish the kids, punish the kids. D Bag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 was invited more than once, they just keep dodging...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHen your a champion everybody wants to fight you . You think 91 plans on not playing in any major Tourneys this year ? THIER SCHEDULE IS POSTED ON THEIR WEBSITE. If you want to play them you know where to find them. Sorry if the Igloos and 91s of the lax world cant be bothered to give you the time of day. EVen Danialson knew to go to the big tournemant

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10000000% incorrect. The Rising Fathers, I mean Rising Sons sorry, had 6 boys at the U13 CCLA tryouts. Won't name names unless you'd like initials but the email has now made the rounds, "probably best not to wear your RS gear at the tryouts....." Ouch, The Sons are now alienating the local leagues. Still unsure why as a parent you'd want your kid on a team where you can't be proud to wear the gear?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try Tad Doyle! Can't wait for that big broom to sweep you off the map. By the way, Malvern is not happy about all this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed it's easy to claim to be the best.
91 was invited more than once, they just keep dodging...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't speak for Malvern and I don't speak for the Sons but last time a checked, Rising Sons practices at Malvern and have a few coaches from Malvern. But i believe the roughriders practice there and Fusion. Rising Sons is not a Malvern Program. Seems like a local club guy trying to take cheap shots at the Rising Sons. I'm sure they will be fine. All the top clubs on this site get bashed buy you heartless men. Crabs gets bashed, madlax bashed, 91 bashed, express bashed, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any shots been taken at the Rising Sons organization is a direct result of them cheating. They should be taken to task for their behavior, particularly in light of how vocal they were in preaching their philosophy of youth lacrosse (even quoting "The Big Book"). They lied, they cheated and they were caught. Kids should not be learning that this is acceptable, that this is the way to accomplish their goals. Parents should expect and demand more. Just another blight on youth sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All we have done at the Sons is what all of the Maryland and Long Island teams have always done. Bethesda Icon Igloo 91 Crabs all have kids who may reclassify and they play them down now.

Keep believing that and find out where that gets you. You want your kid to play with the younger, less mature kids, leave them back in June. Otherwise play grade appropriate or... Get this- play up and challenge your kid if they are good.

All this reclassing is ridiculous- makes the kids soft and pampered. Then to not reclass but to play kids down- makes them soft, pampered and cheaters. Great way families are raising our future leaders. Big problems down the road...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the long island community. Reclassification is here! We can choose to get made it it if you'd like but its like wasting your time and more importantly your effort. I don't support it, but this happens and will continue to happen even if you hate it. So the only thing to do as a sport is to ensure a safe and fair environment for kids to play. This is my suggestion to entire lacrosse community. The grade thing doesn't work, as there are plenty of kids who are a full year older then their counter parts. The age thing is the only way to make it work at the younger levels. This is the only way to ensure kids are playing on the same mental and physical level. Now this is all well and good, but as you may all know college coaches don't care how old a player is, they care what grade their in. So my suggestion is that everyone plays by age until they reach 9th grade. 9th grade and up is where players should play on grade despite their age. By that time most kids have gone through adult changes and the playing field evens out a bit. So no use for bashing clubs or coaches, because they are just doing what the community and the parents want for their kids. No way a coach or a club puts a kid onto a younger grade voluntarily, if they do then that is one thing, but most will put the child where the parents see fit. So if your going to yell at anyone yell at the parents because ultimately its their choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sad truth is we will never see Crabs, Bethesda, Igloo, 91, Express, Icon, and the Sons at the same tournament for 2021.

Get with the program coaches!!!! You need to make this happen so we can go back to talking about developing the kids and not who is dodging who.

PATHETIC!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the long island community. Reclassification is here! We can choose to get made it it if you'd like but its like wasting your time and more importantly your effort. I don't support it, but this happens and will continue to happen even if you hate it. So the only thing to do as a sport is to ensure a safe and fair environment for kids to play. This is my suggestion to entire lacrosse community. The grade thing doesn't work, as there are plenty of kids who are a full year older then their counter parts. The age thing is the only way to make it work at the younger levels. This is the only way to ensure kids are playing on the same mental and physical level. Now this is all well and good, but as you may all know college coaches don't care how old a player is, they care what grade their in. So my suggestion is that everyone plays by age until they reach 9th grade. 9th grade and up is where players should play on grade despite their age. By that time most kids have gone through adult changes and the playing field evens out a bit. So no use for bashing clubs or coaches, because they are just doing what the community and the parents want for their kids. No way a coach or a club puts a kid onto a younger grade voluntarily, if they do then that is one thing, but most will put the child where the parents see fit. So if your going to yell at anyone yell at the parents because ultimately its their choice.

Well said and as a parent that has never let his kid play down, I would love to see it. Realistically it will never happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sad truth is we will never see Crabs, Bethesda, Igloo, 91, Express, Icon, and the Sons at the same tournament for 2021.

Get with the program coaches!!!! You need to make this happen so we can go back to talking about developing the kids and not who is dodging who.

PATHETIC!!

Many of them will be at Young Gunz over the 4th of july weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PATHETIC!!

I believe all if not 6 out 7 will be at Crabbiest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PATHETIC!!

The "sad truth"? Easy, guy, it's 6th grade lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sad thing is the majority of this thread is made up of posts by the one and only King Rising Father

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said and as a parent that has never let his kid play down, I would love to see it. Realistically it will never happen.

This is way it should be..Youth to play age.... school to play grade.... 9th and above has always been grade ... To easy..

But how would all the holbacks get a advantage then. How would Crabs survive?? Where is USL?? So not going to happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saturday Igloo(Black Ice and Avalanche)Express and Rising Sons are playing on Long Island. Should be great

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is so funny KING RISING FATHER! the best is when he responds to himself on here acting like a different person

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is way it should be..Youth to play age.... school to play grade.... 9th and above has always been grade ... To easy..

But how would all the holbacks get a advantage then. How would Crabs survive?? Where is USL?? So not going to happen.

Lets think this through. If everyone follows US lacrosse age guidelines prior to high school then all 2018's will play by grade and 2019's will play u15.

Given that most 2018's are age eligible for u15 that doesn't solve the holdback issue. Almost all 2019 holdbacks are eligible for u15. What it does do is force all of the seventh grade summer birthdays to play u15 with 8th grade holdbacks. So we have gone from some older 8th graders playing with other 8th graders to those older 8th graders also playing with 7th grade summer birthdays. That system doesn't seem fairer or safer to me.

What makes the most sense is to stay grade based with a limitation that recognizes that many parents start their boys late in school or hold them back for legitimate reasons. Many boys with late spring or summer birthdays start late where I live. The Warrior World Series limitation of 5/1 is only four months different than US lacrosse and picks up the vast majority of the late starters. Given the Crabs are going to that event it seems like a limitation even they can live with.

The reason that the grade based system is popular is that the boys enjoy playing with their classmates. Throwing the system out because a few kids on a few teams game the system doesn't make sense. Putting a limit on how much they can game it limits the age differentials and also limits the collateral damage an age system inflicts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the "King" himself. And I haven't posted one thing on this thread despite what you may think. I've sat back and watched guys like you attack me as I sit here at Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia for the last 96 days as my two year old daughter has fought for her life. I feel really sorry for guys like you. That you have nothing better to do than take shots at me as me and my family go through the most trying time of our lives. Honestly i'm not mad at you I just really feel sorry for you. You should be embarrassed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the "King" himself. And I haven't posted one thing on this thread despite what you may think. I've sat back and watched guys like you attack me as I sit here at Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia for the last 96 days as my two year old daughter has fought for her life. I feel really sorry for guys like you. That you have nothing better to do than take shots at me as me and my family go through the most trying time of our lives. Honestly i'm not mad at you I just really feel sorry for you. You should be embarrassed.

Idk who this KING is, and I read this garbage when I'm bored just to see which travel team is being bashed by parents who must think they're playing themselves, but I feel the need to respond bc being a mother and just finished bandaging my sons hand bc he burnt it, I just wanna reach out and send some prayers to you and your family. Whatever you may be going through I hope it passes soon and with good health as the end result.

My prayers for a full recovery.
From a parent of 2 boys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets think this through. If everyone follows US lacrosse age guidelines prior to high school then all 2018's will play by grade and 2019's will play u15.

Given that most 2018's are age eligible for u15 that doesn't solve the holdback issue. Almost all 2019 holdbacks are eligible for u15. What it does do is force all of the seventh grade summer birthdays to play u15 with 8th grade holdbacks. So we have gone from some older 8th graders playing with other 8th graders to those older 8th graders also playing with 7th grade summer birthdays. That system doesn't seem fairer or safer to me.

What makes the most sense is to stay grade based with a limitation that recognizes that many parents start their boys late in school or hold them back for legitimate reasons. Many boys with late spring or summer birthdays start late where I live. The Warrior World Series limitation of 5/1 is only four months different than US lacrosse and picks up the vast majority of the late starters. Given the Crabs are going to that event it seems like a limitation even they can live with.

The reason that the grade based system is popular is that the boys enjoy playing with their classmates. Throwing the system out because a few kids on a few teams game the system doesn't make sense. Putting a limit on how much they can game it limits the age differentials and also limits the collateral damage an age system inflicts.

Not sure where you are from or what you know about holdbacks in Baltimore area. As more and more parents at Private schools see that their child is at a disadvantage the birthdays will get farther and farther from summer. If you dont think this is happening now you are sadly mistaken. I am very familiar with MIAA schools and the children that attend. Many arent summer birthdays. What to do with them ??
Why do only these select kids get to play down. Why not let anyone play down who wants to??? Maybe they will redo 8th grade if they are good. When did youth sports become giving select kids a advantage????
Age for youth is what it should be. A very easy clear system . When you get to your school teams and HS teams you get the advantage of being older. It is utter BS that they want to play with their classmates. Most club teams have less than a few kids that are in same class. Plus that is what school teams are for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These are fair points, however the reason why at some point you have to go by grade is COLLEGE COACHES Don't care about the age of the students at all. They care when they are graduating. So unfortunately it will always be this way regardless of what US lacrosse or any other national governing body does. So the suggestion is that age based should not be broken up into 2 years like u9 then u11. It should be u9,u10,u11,u12,u13,u14; after u14 then players who don't meet the u14 rules will have to play on 9th grade teams for that year, and then will be allowed to repeat the 9th grade year if they so choose. Again this is not because I agree with the reclassification of kids, but because there is no way to stop it if you tried. The way you can monitor the trend is by looking how college basketball, football, and other sports who have had growth like this before and see how it was treated. And based on those sports there are plenty of kids who play in college who are much older then their counter parts because of reclassification. So fighting it is a loosing battle. But on the youth side if we go by age in single increments then we can solve the safe and fair issue up until they reach u15/9th grade. Thanks to everyone on this post as I read this stuff all the time and this is truly a discussion; which is what this site should be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is one major issue in going with single age increments. There aren't enough players. In the hot beds there are and this would work. However, in the non hot bed areas they need two year increments due to the lack of numbers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure AA teams would be fine filling a roster
There is one major issue in going with single age increments. There aren't enough players. In the hot beds there are and this would work. However, in the non hot bed areas they need two year increments due to the lack of numbers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It takes work in a non-hotbed, smaller city, but you can do single-year teams. You can't have a bunch of competing clubs in the area and you have to be committed to trying to develop B players into A players.

I won't complain about holdbacks, because it's pointless. My 2021 team is all born after 9/1/02 and I don't mind playing the best 2021 teams, but no matter how hard the kids work to improve and catch up to the hotbeds, it's hard make up for the age difference. I know it is only going to get worse. It's not a big deal really, but I wish that in a few years they could be able to play and compete with the best rising 9th graders, without re-classing - which none plan to do. Anyway, definitely a first world problem and 2021's are still at an age where they should just be improving fundamentals and having fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious to hear chatter about this play day tomorrow with Igloo, Sons and Express #1 up at Igloo Island ....keep us updated

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard