BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22
Re: Girls Spring 2012 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The McD girls team is outstanding.....the boys team stinks....hate to be paying to go there if my son played Lax. I'll take our public school girls anytime....oh yea, so do all the college teams!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Saturday, April 28th Results

St. Anthony's over Garden City, 14-9
Hauppauge over Miller Place, 18-4
Rocky Point over Floyd, 10-8
Division over Bellmore JFK, 17-2
Deer Park over Glenn, 16-14
Port Washington over Islip, 16-3
Huntington over Center Moriches, 17-4
Bethpage edges MacArthur, 10-9
Mount Sinai over Sayville, 14-12
Lynbrook triples Plainview JFK, 15-5
Cold Spring Harbor over Island Trees, 19-7

Friday, April 27th Results

Sachem East over Lindenhurst, 9-3
Long Island Lutheran over St. Dominic, 17-15
Middle County edges Smithtown East, 18-17
Sachem North over Smithtown West, 11-9
Pat-Med over Riverhead, 17-4
West Babylon over East Islip, 12-10
Manhasset over South Side, 15-3
Garden City over Plainedge, 17-5
Oceanside over Hicksville, 11-5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bay Shore 10-7 over Northport

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It was expected that SA would beat Garden City. SA has a lot of speed and talent .
Potentially more than any team.
What was clear in Md was they were completely unprepared. GC was the same. It seems that SA thinks that they will get by on just talent and to a lesser degree GC is the same. Bryn Mawr and McDonogh have a completely different philosophy. I heard that GC actually played a game the day before the SA's game, that is crazy.
Question is does this Poll still keep GC in the Top 5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ward Melville 15 HHH 6

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Ward Melville is a good team. Unfortunately they do not have a PR machine. Look at Newsday,today, GC and SA are the two most hyped teams. The article points out that SA beat 3 nationally ranked teams in the last week. Every team is ranked nationally. John Carroll one of the 3 was 5 -7 and ranked 210. Then is says by losing to the PR machine last year GC, that SA missed out on being the number team in the nation. Did they forget that they played a young McDonogh team and were blown out. There was no repeat this year because they did not play.

The point is that it is not fair to the other teams. Bryn Mawr and Maryvale deserve the reputation of GC and SA. Given that BM scored 11 straight goals on SA and handled GC easily, they earned it. On the field results matter more than the spin of SA and GC. The article Sunday was the PR hype in full mode.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by csullym
Ward Melville is a good team. Unfortunately they do not have a PR machine. Look at Newsday,today, GC and SA are the two most hyped teams. The article points out that SA beat 3 nationally ranked teams in the last week. Every team is ranked nationally. John Carroll one of the 3 was 5 -7 and ranked 210. Then is says by losing to the PR machine last year GC, that SA missed out on being the number team in the nation. Did they forget that they played a young McDonogh team and were blown out. There was no repeat this year because they did not play.

The point is that it is not fair to the other teams. Bryn Mawr and Maryvale deserve the reputation of GC and SA. Given that BM scored 11 straight goals on SA and handled GC easily, they earned it. On the field results matter more than the spin of SA and GC. The article Sunday was the PR hype in full mode.
I respect what your saying, especially about S.A. . But as far as G.C. goes, they are a public school, unlike McDonogh who , as stated earlier , is more like a college team, and S.A. who basically pay kids to play. Though G.C. is having a down year this year you cant take away that they have won 6 straight N.Y. titles. Its not like we're talking about other states like Ohio or Florida, Both N.Y. and MD. have been hot-beds for lax since John Hopkins organized the sport, cut G.C. a break, there probably going to win the state again, unless Manhasset can beat them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In League I...who do you think have been the surprise teams so far???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

I respect what your saying, especially about S.A. . But as far as G.C. goes, they are a public school, unlike McDonogh who , as stated earlier , is more like a college team, and S.A. who basically pay kids to play. Though G.C. is having a down year this year you cant take away that they have won 6 straight N.Y. titles. Its not like we're talking about other states like Ohio or Florida, Both N.Y. and MD. have been hot-beds for lax since John Hopkins organized the sport, cut G.C. a break, there probably going to win the state again, unless Manhasset can beat them

Hauppauge can play with them! No doubt! Should be an interesting game.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I do respect Garden City. I saw them play last year and they were unbelievably talented. What I am saying it should be acknowledged that this is a slightly down year but a very good team. I think that they have taken for granted what they have accomplished over the last few years which is significant. They scheduled a game on Fri then played SA on Sat, seems like they almost discounted SA. Yet with all these losses they will still be ranked really high. One win against a good team and they will be in the Top 5. What I am saying is that is not fair to other teams. BM lost to McDonogh and dropped significantly, they do not have the same PR leverage.

SA is a whole other level of PR. They give up 11 straight goals to BM. Now they are crowing that they beat John Carroll. They claimed in this article that if but a one goal loss to GC they would have been number one last year. They were steam rolled by McDonogh.

Both these teams GC and SA are very talented. SA has unbelievable talent. The difference between McDonogh, Bryn Mawr, and the rest of the league is that they prepare and get the most out of their players. For that they should get credit as well as other up and coming teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hauppauge can play with them! No doubt! Should be an interesting game.

They can play with them but they will lose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do respect Garden City. I saw them play last year and they were unbelievably talented. What I am saying it should be acknowledged that this is a slightly down year but a very good team. I think that they have taken for granted what they have accomplished over the last few years which is significant. They scheduled a game on Fri then played SA on Sat, seems like they almost discounted SA. Yet with all these losses they will still be ranked really high. One win against a good team and they will be in the Top 5. What I am saying is that is not fair to other teams. BM lost to McDonogh and dropped significantly, they do not have the same PR leverage.

SA is a whole other level of PR. They give up 11 straight goals to BM. Now they are crowing that they beat John Carroll. They claimed in this article that if but a one goal loss to GC they would have been number one last year. They were steam rolled by McDonogh.

Both these teams GC and SA are very talented. SA has unbelievable talent. The difference between McDonogh, Bryn Mawr, and the rest of the league is that they prepare and get the most out of their players. For that they should get credit as well as other up and coming teams.
Truth is McDonogh shouldn't even be counted as a High School team, they are very unique . As I am to understand, and correct me if I'm wrong, those girls are in a school where they are recruited to play lacrosse, are boarded in the school, and pretty much play lacrosse year round for the same coach, be it during the entire school year for McDonogh, and then during the summer for the same coaches travel team. If that is true then that is an un even playing field. Further more, if it is true, than whatever team that the coach fields during the summer, can't compete with the L.I. teams at tourney when the playing field is leveled. As soon as L.I. teams also get to choose the best players from every school, we start to dominate. there is no school like McDonogh on L.I. if there were I feel they would be the dominate H.S. team

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I think if it is easy to try and distort the picture. McDonogh has a great amount of talent. However the reason that McDonogh is such a great team is because of the commitment, preparation, and team philosophy. It was not long ago, they were nothing. What changed was coaching. The same coaching did exactly the same thing at Mt. Hebron a public school prior, beating everyone for years. No one could beat them. Getting kids to buy in is to the key.

The kids at Bryn Mawr are the same. On a pure talent basis, St Anthony's is better. Yet Bryn Mawr made them look like they did not belong on the same field. Bryn Mawr was completely prepared, played as a team, and executed. Bryn Mawr was down 3 1 and then scored 11 Straight Goals. How often does that ever ever happen.

The coaching at both McDonogh and Bryn Mawr is better. The teams are more prepared. Most important is that the kids buy in to the whole team philosophy. Watching what happened in Maryland two years in a row, I think that you could add five more top players on St Anthony's and they still would not get it done for the above reasons. Last year they were dismantled by a very young McDonogh team. St Anthony's gave up something like 9 straight goals. Two years in a row the same exact thing happened. There was clear finger pointing and no one seemed to know what to do both years.

I agree that McDonogh is an incredible team. That has happened over time and for all of the above reasons. Bryn Mawr to me is even more amazing for all of the reasons that you point out.
The league these teams play in is also an advantage. On any day any team can beat the other. Evidence of Bryn Mawr escaping with a one goal win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think if it is easy to try and distort the picture. McDonogh has a great amount of talent. However the reason that McDonogh is such a great team is because of the commitment, preparation, and team philosophy. It was not long ago, they were nothing. What changed was coaching. The same coaching did exactly the same thing at Mt. Hebron a public school prior, beating everyone for years. No one could beat them. Getting kids to buy in is to the key.

The kids at Bryn Mawr are the same. On a pure talent basis, St Anthony's is better. Yet Bryn Mawr made them look like they did not belong on the same field. Bryn Mawr was completely prepared, played as a team, and executed. Bryn Mawr was down 3 1 and then scored 11 Straight Goals. How often does that ever ever happen.

The coaching at both McDonogh and Bryn Mawr is better. The teams are more prepared. Most important is that the kids buy in to the whole team philosophy. Watching what happened in Maryland two years in a row, I think that you could add five more top players on St Anthony's and they still would not get it done for the above reasons. Last year they were dismantled by a very young McDonogh team. St Anthony's gave up something like 9 straight goals. Two years in a row the same exact thing happened. There was clear finger pointing and no one seemed to know what to do both years.

I agree that McDonogh is an incredible team. That has happened over time and for all of the above reasons. Bryn Mawr to me is even more amazing for all of the reasons that you point out.
The league these teams play in is also an advantage. On any day any team can beat the other. Evidence of Bryn Mawr escaping with a one goal win.

Of course McDonogh and Bryn Mawr are better prepared , they do not have the same restrictions G.C. has. Both schools actively recruit players from all over Md. G.C. only has what is within the district. Yes G.C. has a very good feeder program in both P.A.L. and Middle School. but that is vastly different than seeking out the best players in the state and keeping them together year round for 6 years. In N.Y. you cannot train with your H.S. team/coach year round. If our coaches had that advantage , don't you think we would be a lot better. You seem to be ducking the summer question. It's the perfect example of a level playing field, and quite frankly, in that situation where we can gather all the best talent and put them on a team together, your girls can't do as well.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Monday, April 30th Results

Mepham over Glen Cove, 14-11
Clarke over Carey, 15-5
Massapequa over MacArthur, 19-2 (Halftime : 13-1)
Kings Park over Glenn, 18-7 (Halftime : 12-1)
Long Island Lutheran over Holy Child, 17-15
Farmingdale over Baldwin, 17-8
Port Washington doubles Syosset, 12-6
Bay Shore over Wantagh, 10-8

Highlights

Long Island Lutheran moves to 5-0 in IPPSAL league action.

Caroline deLyra had three goals and four assists to lead Bay Shore (10-1) over Wantagh in a late seaosn non-league match.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Monday, April 30th Results

Port Washington doubles Syosset, 12-6

I was at this game, it was maybe the 3rd or 4th girls HS game I have seen in my life, I was very surprised by two things, 1) PW JV coach was coaching the PW girls from the spectators side of the field, when someone commented to a school supervisor they said that was OK since he was a JV coach, he was the only person allowed on the turf, parents were told to back off the turf and stand on the grass, this just seemed odd, and 2) with the score 11 - 6 and less the 2 minutes to play PW continually attacked the cage probably taking 6-8 shots in the last two minutes, while this is not against the rules it certainly seemed in bad taste, if girls lax is trying to emulate the the low standards set by boys lacrosse for sportsmanship PW certainly achieved their goal of boys quality bad sportsmanship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe they had girls in the game that don't play too much? Its HS sports get over it. There has to be a winner and a loser. Not everyone gets a ribbon.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Tuesday, May 1st Results

East Islip over Connetquot, 19-9
North Babylon twenties Longwood, 20-7
Half Hollow Hills over Middle Country, 11-8
Pat-Med over Copiague, 12-1 (Halftime : 10-0)
Cold Spring Harbor over Seaford, 14-12
Bay Shore over Smithtown East, 17-6
Farmingdale over Garden City, 13-12
St. Dominics over Portledge, 18-12
Glen Cove over Jericho, 16-9
Mineola over Carle Place, 16-13, Overtime
Smithtown West edges Floyd, 14-13
North Shore over Valley Stream, 16-12
Ward Melville over Lindenhurst, 11-1
Friends Academy over Wheatley, 20-12
Long Island Lutheran over St. Mary's, 18-4

Highlights

Sophomores Kyra Harney and Carly Cox each scored five points for Bay Shore (11-1, 10-1), with Harney netting four goals and Cox dishing out four assists in Division I.

Garden City led Farmingdale, 8-3, at halfimte. However, Daler Cassie Perettine scored with 1:41 left to break a tie at 12 for Farmingdale (10-0) in non-league. Amanda Tuturro scored four of her six goals during a 10-goal second half for Farmingdale, and Olivia Kirk made 14 saves.

Despite Carle Place leading 12-7 after the first half, Mineola's Nikki Vella scored both of her goals in the first overtime and Kerri Medlock had seven goals, including the game-tying goal with 3:00 left, and three assists as Mineola (2-5) came back to win in Conference C.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Tuesday, May 1st Results

East Islip over Connetquot, 19-9
North Babylon twenties Longwood, 20-7
Half Hollow Hills over Middle Country, 11-8
Pat-Med over Copiague, 12-1 (Halftime : 10-0)
Cold Spring Harbor over Seaford, 14-12
Bay Shore over Smithtown East, 17-6
Farmingdale over Garden City, 13-12
St. Dominics over Portledge, 18-12
Glen Cove over Jericho, 16-9
Mineola over Carle Place, 16-13, Overtime
Smithtown West edges Floyd, 14-13
North Shore over Valley Stream, 16-12
Ward Melville over Lindenhurst, 11-1
Friends Academy over Wheatley, 20-12
Long Island Lutheran over St. Mary's, 18-4

Highlights

Sophomores Kyra Harney and Carly Cox each scored five points for Bay Shore (11-1, 10-1), with Harney netting four goals and Cox dishing out four assists in Division I.

Garden City led Farmingdale, 8-3, at halfimte. However, Daler Cassie Perettine scored with 1:41 left to break a tie at 12 for Farmingdale (10-0) in non-league. Amanda Tuturro scored four of her six goals during a 10-goal second half for Farmingdale, and Olivia Kirk made 14 saves.

Despite Carle Place leading 12-7 after the first half, Mineola's Nikki Vella scored both of her goals in the first overtime and Kerri Medlock had seven goals, including the game-tying goal with 3:00 left, and three assists as Mineola (2-5) came back to win in Conference C.
Cage Sage what would you attribute the fact that there are 44 pages of girls hs lax and only 6 on th e boys thread? i find this an interesteing phenomenon

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Cage Sage what would you attribute the fact that there are 44 pages of girls hs lax and only 6 on th e boys thread? i find this an interesteing phenomenon
There are other message boards on the internet where you will find the number of boys posts in a 10:1 ratio over girls posts. In short, the girls lacrosse market has been radically underserved from a program, news, and advertising perspective. Given that BOTC has focused on the local market in general and the Long Island Girls Varsity market specifically, we are addressing that niche.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well played sir!

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
2012 POWERADE FAB 50 Girls' Lacrosse Rankings: Week 7 - Matches Through April 28th
RK (LW)SCHOOL (1ST PLACE VOTES)RECPTSCOMMENT
1 (1)McDonogh School (5)
Owings Mills, MD
14-0250The Eagles left no doubt about its No. 1 ranking by defeating three teams that were ranked in the FAB 50 last week.
2 (2)Bryn Mawr
Baltimore, MD
14-1245Bryn Mawr took hold of the No. 2 spot by defeating former No. 4 Garden City 8-3 at the Maryland vs. New [lacrosse] Challenge on Sunday.
3 (3)Farmingdale
Farmingdale, NY
8-0239Farmingdale holds on to the No. 3 spot with a 19-4 win over Syosset last week.
4 (5)Saint Anthony's
South Huntington, NY
9-1236The Friars move into the No. 4 spot after downing former No. 4 Garden City 14-9. Annie Heagerty scored five goals and dished out two assists in the win.
5 (7)Moorestown
Moorestown, NJ
13-0230Moorestown improved to 13-0 with four wins last week. One of those victories came over former No. 29 St. Paul's (Brooklandville, Md.).
6 (8)Century
Sykesville, MD
12-0222The Knights quest for a state championship continued with wins over county rivals North Carroll and Winters Mill last week.
7 (4)Garden City
Garden City, NY
8-3217The Trojans drop three spots this week after falling to No. 4 St. Anthony's. Alexandra Bruno scored five goals in the loss.
8 (10)Marriotts Ridge
Marriottsville, MD
11-0215Marriotts Ridge outscored its two opponents 41-6 last week to improve to 11-0.
9 (12)Ward Melville
East Setauket, NY
12-0210Ward Melville improved to 12-0 with wins over Sachem East and Half Hollow Hills last week.
10 (17)Georgetown Visitation
Washington, DC
13-1196The Cubs make a move back up the rankings with three wins last week, including a victory over former No. 44 Milton (Ga.).
11 (16)Vero Beach Senior
Vero Beach, FL
18-2195Vero Beach defeated Barron Collier 19-9 last week. With three wins this week the Fighting Indians would hoist another state championship.
12 (13)Great Valley
Malvern, PA
13-0194Great Valley improved to 13-0 with wins over West Chester Rustin, West Chester East and Notre Dame Academy last week.
13 (18)St. Stephen's & St. Agnes School
Alexandria, VA
15-3187The Saints have won six straight games and posted two wins over FAB 50 teams last week, including a 15-5 win over No. 14 Garnet Valley.
14 (6)Garnet Valley
Glen Mills, PA
13-1181Garnet Valley dropped its first game of the season, a 15-5 loss at the hands of No. 13 St. Stephen's a St. Agnes.
15 (20)North Shore
Glen Head, NY
11-1167Amanda Johansen scored 12 goals and dished out six assists in two wins for North Shore last week.
16 (11)Sacred Heart Academy
Hempstead, NY
11-1161Sacred Heart drops slightly in the rankings this week after losing a 19-5 game to No. 4 St. Anthony's.
17 (19)Maryvale Prep
Brooklandville, MD
10-3160Wins over No. 47 Notre Dame Prep and Archbishop Spalding put Maryvale Prep into third place in the IAAM.
18 (22)Bay Shore
Bay Shore, NY
9-1158Bay Shore continues to impress. Caroline deLyra scored four goals in a 10-7 win over former No. 45 Northport last week.
19 (33)Guilderland Central
Guilderland Ctr., NY
12-0153Guilderland continues to move up the FAB 50 after posting three wins by a combined scored of 57-11.
20 (9)Hauppauge
Hauppauge, NY
11-2146Hauppauge slides down this week after dropping games to No. 1 McDonogh (Md.) and new No. 36 Eastport-South Manor last week.
21 (14)Harriton
Rosemont, PA
12-2144Harriton dropped its second game of the year when it lost a 17-10 game to No. 44 Radnor last week.
22 (23)Lakeland
Shrub Oak, NY
8-0-1141Wins over Yorktown and John Jay helped move Lakeland up one spot to No. 22 this week.
23 (15)Severna Park
Severna Park, MD
11-1127Severna Park lost a 7-6 game to No. 41 Annapolis last week, but could get a rematch with the playoffs beginning in a couple weeks.
24 (26)Ridgewood
Ridgewood, NJ
13-1126Ridgewood posted four wins last week, including an impressive 17-0 victory over Ramapo.
25 (27)Chatham
Chatham, NJ
10-2121Chatham slides back into the Top 25 after wins over Westfield and Morris Knolls last week.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Wednesday, May 2nd Results

St. Anthony's over Our Lady of Mercy, 15-6
Shoreham-Wading River over Westhampton, 19-7
Valley Stream over West Hempstead, 20-17
Rocky Point over Greenport/Mattituck/Southold, 15-4
Mepham over Great Neck South, 16-2
Manhasset over Plainedge, 11-6
Miller Place over Bellport, 21-5
Jericho over Great Neck North, 17-11
Harborfields over Kings Park, 15-7
St. John the Baptist over Holy Trinity, 24-14
New Hyde Park edges Carey, 12-11
Islip over Center Moriches, 16-10
Floral Park over Herricks, 17-9
Freeport over Malverne/East Rockaway, 18-6
Roslyn over Sewanhaka, 9-8, Overtime
Sacred Heart over Kellenberg, 16-11
Island Trees over Clarke, 17-14
Comsewogue over Glenn, 21-11
Sayville over Huntington, 18-8
Eastport-South Manor over East Hampton, 11-5
Bethpage over Bellmore JFK, 20-13
Hauppauge over Bayport-Blue Point, 9-3

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Added Late Reporting Games
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There has been a lot of talk about coaches having conflicts of interest because of their hs jobs and their club jobs. How about this conflict of interest - how can a referee who runs their own club program be allowed to ref games where kids in his program are playing in a HS game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a great question. It will be interesting to see if that person will once again be refing the Wantagh - GC game... severe conflict of interest!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthonys keeps rolling along, now their Sophmores are starting to see more and more playing time and scoring some goals. Thats building the depth for this year and preping them for bigger responsbilities next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a great question. It will be interesting to see if that person will once again be refing the Wantagh - GC game... severe conflict of interest!

I know on our team the coaches have favorites. Even kids on the team know that some being played shouldn't be playing. It is kind of sad. Even sadder are the kids being favored, they don't know how bad they look out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does any one know the rules if a girl's goalie can score a goal like the boy's goalie do? I was told no because their pocket is illegal.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thursday, May 3rd Results

Garden City over Wantagh, 14-10
Ward Melville over East Islip, 11-10
Farmingdale triples Port Washington, 18-6
Northport over West Islip, 19-8
Glen Cove over St. Dominic, 18-16
West Babylon over Half Hollow Hills, 11-6
Hicksville over MacArthur, 12-9
Bay Shore over Floyd, 14-2
Long Beach doubles Lynbrook, 12-6
Sachem East over Pat-Med, 14-8
Middle Country over North Babylon, 20-6
Massapequa triples Baldwin, 15-5
Connetquot over Copiague, 14-3

Highlights

Ward Melville saves the undefeated season as the clock expires. Kelsey Nagle had three goals and two assists, including one to Emily Rogers-Healion (two goals, one assist) with 5:48 left to make it 11-8 for Ward Melville (12-0) in Division I.

Did Northport sound the bell today for post season? Allie Pavinelli had a career-high six goals and added four assists to lead Northport (9-3) in Division I.

Alexandra Bruno scored six goals with an assist to lead Garden City (9-3, 8-0) in Conference B-I.

Kim Kolodny had seven goals and one assist to lead Farmingdale (9-0) in Conference I.

Caroline deLyra had six goals to lead Bay Shore (11-1) in Division I. Dylan Teitelbaum played the first half and finished with two saves and no goals allowed.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Section XI Girls Varsity Standings - May 2nd, 2012

Team Name League Record Overall Record Total Points
DIV I
Ward Melville 11-0-0 13-0-0 170.760
Bay Shore 10-1-0 11-1-0 165.220
West Babylon 9-1-0 9-3-0 153.850
Northport 8-3-0 8-3-0 143.100
East Islip 9-2-0 10-3-0 141.590
West Islip 8-4-0 8-5-0 134.320
Sachem East 8-3-0 10-3-0 130.060
H H Hills 6-6-0 6-6-0 115.310
Middle Country 6-5-0 7-6-0 112.480
William Floyd 4-7-0 4-8-0 101.670
Smithtown West 5-6-0 5-7-0 100.110
Sachem North 6-6-0 7-6-0 99.210
Walt Whitman 6-6-0 6-8-0 99.210
Commack 5-6-0 6-7-0 96.880
Smithtown East 4-7-0 4-7-0 96.230
Patchogue-Medford 6-5-0 7-5-0 93.760
Lindenhurst 3-8-0 3-10-0 86.470
Longwood 5-6-0 5-7-0 84.760
Connetquot 4-7-0 5-8-0 81.680
North Babylon 3-8-0 4-9-0 71.230
Riverhead 1-10-0 2-10-0 52.330
Brentwood 1-10-0 2-11-0 51.030
Copiague 0-11-0 0-12-0 36.570

DIV II
Hauppauge 11-1-0 11-1-0 170.530
Shoreham WR 9-2-0 9-2-0 154.620
Mt Sinai 9-2-0 9-3-0 153.260
Eastport/SManor 9-2-0 9-2-0 153.260
Sayville 8-3-0 9-4-0 144.170
Harborfields 7-4-0 9-4-0 123.460
Babylon 7-4-0 8-5-0 117.560
Kings Park 7-4-0 8-5-0 115.910
Rocky Point 5-5-0 7-5-0 111.810
EH/BH/PIER 6-5-0 8-5-0 111.190
Bayport-Blue Pt 4-7-0 5-8-0 103.250
Miller Place 6-6-0 6-8-0 100.290
Comsewogue 5-6-0 6-7-0 98.920
Westhampton 4-7-0 5-8-0 98.720
Huntington 5-6-0 5-6-0 93.010
Islip 4-7-0 4-9-0 83.380
Deer Park 4-7-0 5-7-0 74.300
Elwood/J Glenn 3-8-0 4-9-0 68.390
Bellport 2-9-0 3-9-0 52.490
Matt/Gpt/Shld 1-10-0 1-10-0 43.400
Center Moriches 0-11-0 0-12-0 35.210

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does any one know the rules if a girl's goalie can score a goal like the boy's goalie do? I was told no because their pocket is illegal.

Goalies are not allowed to score.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No they can not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A Goalie in the girls game can not play past the Midfield line.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you explain why not? I want to known the fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It Has to do with the goalie stick... it's not a legal field players stick ( due to the pocket ).. I think that the goalie could drop her stick and grab a field players stick I think they could score.. but I don't think the field player could pick up the goalie stick.

I dont think you will ever see it,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A Goalie in the girls game can not play past the Midfield line.

There is no midfield line in girls lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you explain why not? I want to known the fact.

A goalie stick is an illegal stick for a field player to carry. Once the goalie is out of her crease, she is considered a field player and thus, must follow rules for field player stick. Her goalie stick is not legal.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
But if she's out of the crease and therefore a field player and subject to field player stick rules, and her stick is illegal because of the pocket, why doesn't she become illegal as soon as she steps out of the crease?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
But if she's out of the crease and therefore a field player and subject to field player stick rules, and her stick is illegal because of the pocket, why doesn't she become illegal as soon as she steps out of the crease?
My daughter is a goalie so we asked refs this question . A goalie stick is not illegal if it meets the length requirement, and the ball does not get stuck between the cradle of the stick and the mesh. because of the depth of the pocket, and the fact that she is the only player on her team that is fully padded, she gains an unfair advantage over all other field players. i.e. it is vastly more difficult for a player to check a ball from a goalie stick, and in a ground ball situation , or in going into the 8 , a goalie could go for the ball or the goal with greater veracity because she a lessened fear of injury. To keep everything even she can not cross into the attacking end of the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
My daughter is a goalie so we asked refs this question . A goalie stick is not illegal if it meets the length requirement, and the ball does not get stuck between the cradle of the stick and the mesh. because of the depth of the pocket, and the fact that she is the only player on her team that is fully padded, she gains an unfair advantage over all other field players. i.e. it is vastly more difficult for a player to check a ball from a goalie stick, and in a ground ball situation , or in going into the 8 , a goalie could go for the ball or the goal with greater veracity because she a lessened fear of injury. To keep everything even she can not cross into the attacking end of the field.

The stick is illegal for more reasons than just the length... Field stick cannot have shoe laces for shooting strings but for goalie crosse laces are allowed

Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard