BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 32 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 31 32
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
has anyone played center moriches 2021 yet. good team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That wasn't even a little funny.

Correct..... It was A LOT funny!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the end when these boys hit Junior high and the coaches do not care that they played PAL, the boy whose dad coached and protected and favored them will be in for a rude awakening. Favoritism or not, talent and skill always prevail. For some it will be a bad scenario. Let you boy sink or swim on his own and he will be a better player for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there's truth to lot of this, a lot of scary guys on the sideline. but remember there are also a good # of those coaches with their own kids on the team that do the right thing. be careful with the broad brush. my son's PAL team has 3 coaches, all 3 have a son on the team. they are good coaches, and they roll lines as evenly as you could get in youth lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup big mouth email happy cry baby parents beware.....school sports is a whole different animal. Enjoy your power now. because once school ball comes like the other poster said it's sink or swim for your kid and your emails and whining will certainly fall on deaf ears so tell your son to sleep with his stick and carry it wherever he goes. practice practice practice on your own. I know it's a tough concept for some of you parents to understand that the boys must practice on their own especially in lacrosse. and for God sakes expose them to a televised game once in a while so they understand the game. Take the video games away for five minutes.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think my son practices enough, some say that is all he does. They forget he is a 3 sport athlete. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's great keep practicing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
off topic a little. has anyone heard of a lacrosse video game being released for Xbox? my son plays on three teams and all his teammates have been talking about it. but haven't seen anything about it yet? His birthday is coming up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes you are right when you get to high school it's based on talent, and my kid passed the three coaches kids pretty quickly, and daddy can't do a thing about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In PAL the coaches kids are usually among the best because that is what daddy did/does so the kids spend time with dad doing it. As they get older they'll do what they want to do and those kids that are good athletes that continue to work hard and practice will always close the gap and even surpass as time moves on if it is THEIR passion too and they put the time in. Nothing magical, good for everyone.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes you are right when you get to high school it's based on talent, and my kid passed the three coaches kids pretty quickly, and daddy can't do a thing about it.

listen the drama doesn't stop in HS. You need to work hard and still get a little bit of Luck!!!

Good luck - it is a bumpy but fun ride

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hooray for your kid. That's bcuz he practiced. was that a big victory for you that you can turn your nose down at your son's PAL coaches kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids in my town hardly play on a pal b team, that is wrong, if they go to practice all kids should play equal for the first three quarters. Then you can give the kids that are working in yhe back yard a little more playing time. In the fourth quarter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just an iPad ao right now in the infant stages of production.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Son, we live in a world that has lacrosse and these kids have to be taught it. Who's gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for your third line middie and you curse the team. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the middies benching, while tragic, probably scored goals. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins games. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that sideline, you need me on that sideline. We use words like cut, pass, slide. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent coaching. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very victories that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a stick, and help my practice. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Lol.... I just came across this very funny, very clever, nobody made the connection. People are way to serious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is hysterical. Great movie great scene and very true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh ok thanks

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Son, we live in a world that has lacrosse and these kids have to be taught it. Who's gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for your third line middie and you curse the team. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the middies benching, while tragic, probably scored goals. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins games. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that sideline, you need me on that sideline. We use words like cut, pass, slide. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent coaching. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very victories that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a stick, and help my practice. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

One of the all time great posts I have had the pleasure of reading. Thank you for a very truthful post in a great context.

Like Reply Quote
User
User

Awesome!!!!!

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
off topic a little. has anyone heard of a lacrosse video game being released for Xbox? my son plays on three teams and all his teammates have been talking about it. but haven't seen anything about it yet? His birthday is coming up

Who has time for birthdays or xbox when you play on three teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so start the game with kids that are less skilled? for three quarters? and then put your starters in in the fourth quarter? so don't reward the kid's that are more skilled and obviously work hard on their own? just want to be clear as to what you're saying. that's the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. it's either you've never played sports or your son isn't getting much playing time and you want him to play before kids that are more skilled?! Yeah brilliant (sarcasm).....please don't hesitate to clear up your ridiculous statement

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd love to know what town that is as well by the way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my nine year old son Jack [lacrosse]. though he plays on three teams abd excells in school and sports we still allow him to be nine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so start the game with kids that are less skilled? for three quarters? and then put your starters in in the fourth quarter? so don't reward the kid's that are more skilled and obviously work hard on their own? just want to be clear as to what you're saying. that's the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. it's either you've never played sports or your son isn't getting much playing time and you want him to play before kids that are more skilled?! Yeah brilliant (sarcasm).....please don't hesitate to clear up your ridiculous statement

The writers statement was pretty clear. Let everyone play for 3 quarters and award those who work harder at lacrosse and/or are simply better at crunch time. That way every plays and participates in the win or loss. It is PAL remember.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about towns placing the teams in proper divisions?
So better kids play better kids, and towns with kids starting a little older dont get slammed and never give the game another chance.
It is such a broken record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Youre right. I misunderstood the post

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL is a joke.

Run don't walk away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone explain to me why PAL lacrosse doesn't have a playoff system for the post season like PAL football does?? what's the problem? aren't sports still competitive?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playoffs? Unlike football its only an 8 game season. Refer to previous post. PAL is a joke. Especially Suffolk this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
football is eight games as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The answer to that is very simple, I coach both sports for 6 years. When football season ends, early november, going an extra 2, 3 weeks conflicts are fee and far between. Besides football isnt an 11 month a yr sport, like lacrosse has become. Once memorial day weekend comes, weekends after that, kids are busy , travel lacrosse, families going away on weekends, just seems hard to organize games into june. I do agree, I wish there was some sort of playoff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone explain to me why PAL lacrosse doesn't have a playoff system for the post season like PAL football does?? what's the problem? aren't sports still competitive?

The answer is no youth sports today are no longer about competing. They are about participating and everyone getting a trophy deserved or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And in some towns it's all about the $$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because jackass parents will complain that everyone , skilled and unskilled are "ENTITLED" to be in playoffs no matter how horrible a team may be , and it would be not fair if a team gets bumped out during playoffs.. "Its PAL remember" with the evolution of the game continually climbing in skill , PAL may one day be obsolete due to kids and the parents who do not take it serious enough to keep up , a huge drop off will occur as kids who are starting younger each year and developing quicker with travel organizations that are offered. A more organized league should be set up with conjunction to school setting divisions (class B , section 11 ) with the schools responsibility to develop youth programs , and compete accordingly .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand the post about weekends and memorial day and what not. but happened to the days when if you had a game or practice that the family trip waited or you just went to the family function be it a communion or whatever, a little late? I too coach both sports and it bothers me to no end that u sign up and commit to a sport but you miss games and practice for family parties or planned trips. like I said go to the party late. or for God sakes can't people plan their trips around the season? growing up my parents planned their lives around our sports. and once we committed to it we never missed practice or games for anything. and my sons are being raised the same way. we go on plenty vacations but once the season starts all of that stops. it's not fair to other kids when u show up when you want. I actually had a kids mother last season tell me "sorry, so and so can't make the game Friday night. He's going to his friends sleep over party." this isn't a seven year old either. I'm talking about an 11 year old. like really he couldn't go to the sleep over after? and as for the multiple sports in one season.....that's just ridiculous.....commit to one sport.......how do you sign your kids up for two sports that share the same season? did you ever think that practice schedules or games schedules will conflict sometimes? and what do u do? u say to your kid.....hey listen u have a baseball game and a lax game Saturday night.....which one do u want to go to? which isn't fair to either coach who's trying to get ready for the game or put a line up together. times sure have changed.....sometimes I wonder who wears the pants in the house these days dad, mom, or the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's cheesy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actualy, funny in PAL football....if a team doesnt make the play offs or gets bumped after a round.....they still play two more games called consolation games. Its the most ridiculous nonsense ever. Number one it teaches kids not to try and its ok to be mediocre. It s ok to just get by. Get C's in school....so longs you passed. What happened to the best make the play offs and everyone else goes home.....hey we lost in the first round last year.....I had no problem going home after that. But no, we played one or two more meaningless games. what is it proving. YaY!!! everyone gets a trophy yay participate. Thats why I respect these travel lax programs....good for you go out to tournaments and smack other teams. its competitive contact sports right? teach the boys thats its good to win. teach the boys its fun to win. I rarely see smiles on the losing team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What movie?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't suffolk pal a 10 game season? At least for 11 v 11 ages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actualy, funny in PAL football....if a team doesnt make the play offs or gets bumped after a round.....they still play two more games called consolation games. Its the most ridiculous nonsense ever. Number one it teaches kids not to try and its ok to be mediocre. It s ok to just get by. Get C's in school....so longs you passed. What happened to the best make the play offs and everyone else goes home.....hey we lost in the first round last year.....I had no problem going home after that. But no, we played one or two more meaningless games. what is it proving. YaY!!! everyone gets a trophy yay participate. Thats why I respect these travel lax programs....good for you go out to tournaments and smack other teams. its competitive contact sports right? teach the boys thats its good to win. teach the boys its fun to win. I rarely see smiles on the losing
team.

Football plays a ten game season. They start the playoffs after week seven. Everyone plays ten games. No extra. It is about equal match ups not necessarily a superbowl

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 32 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 31 32
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard