BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,633
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 73 of 83 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
L
ESM has a bunch of cry babies and every time they have a coach that does not play their kids it becomes the right time to fire them. Big mouth Mr L has been crying for years get a life your kids have graduated

Two game losing streak, maybe you should burn burn the coach on a stake in the middle of the town square. ESM's biggest problem is not the coach, its the youth program. You have too many kids playing and every parent thinks their kid should be a 7th grade starter. Weed out your program early on, instead you promote multiple teams at each age group and make the school coaches do the dirty work and weed them out later. Delusional parents and too many players for the amount of positions leads to a nightmare scenario for these coaches.

That's one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen! The youth program is too big! Haha! That's hysterical!

I am going to say this and generally I stay away from all this BS. ESM youth program was run far better when my daughter played and SE was in charge. She had no motives she kept the girls together during summer time, she put her blood sweat and tears into building the program. The last of those girls graduated last year and you can see with the few left from her years at the realm that with the exception of a few the youth program has gone down hill. But that is not the problem. The problem is the parents let your kid be just that a kid. Stop being up the coaches butt to get what you want only to turn your back and belittle her when you don't. In years past the selective classification process worked great and those kids were all very successful. Look at where most of not all the ESM lax graduates are and what they are doing from the passed 4 years all BT players. They are ALL still playing in college she did not deplete their love for the game...they are all still very happy and friendly with her. I have witnessed this first hand they look forward to visiting when they are home and texting her when needing advise. Is she tough yes..is that bad no!! It has made my daughter a stronger person knowing that she must work for everything she gets and earn it. Was my daughter a superstar in high school no!! BT has built a great program and the girls need to be accountable for their own actions maybe those parents whose kids are on the bench should go watch a practice you might be surprised that your child is not as strong or talented as the girl starting over her...maybe if you stopped complaining and saw this your child would work harder or ask coach what they need to do to get more time...and MR. L enough already your kids are done no one gives a crap what you have to say the reason no one wants to attend the alumni game has nothing to do with a bad taste in their mouth for the program...it's who is organising it!!! Sorry but the truth hurts

What you're saying about ALL the girls who played for her is absolutely false. You're part of the problem. Has nothing to do with the bench or playing time. She'll do well as a college coach, and definitely knows how to win games, but she shouldn't be treating young high school girls the way she does.

Except for a few-and let's be honest-no coach is loved by every player-MOST who played for her have continued on. It seems it's either your way or no way and if people don't agree then they're part of the problem? It's a discussion with different views. And someone else wrote it already, what kind of parents would allow their children to be treated so horrendously? Your argument and accusations are starting to lose clarity and reasonableness. By criticizing the coach for her behavior you insult the parents of these children. I suspect even your own if this is what you are running with. The personal vendetta you have is becoming clearer by the minute.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will it be a problem for KW at Huntington if she brings her daughter up as an 8th grader on varsity next year? Don't other sports utilize this advantage as well? Why doesn't the administration address this so it is not an issue? I am commenting on an earlier post saying that lots of girls are leaving Huntington lacrosse next year due to younger players.

Yes. It will be a problem. It was a problem when her other daughter was on her field hockey/lacrosse teams. There were several incidents that went on regarding in appropriate behavior by KW towards girls who were not necessarily her daughters friends. The school was notified I believe. My daughter was on the teams at this time and luckily was not singled out, but she was very disturbed by some of the things KW did to a few of her players. I think parent coaches are a hit or miss - some are fantastic and others abuse their power to get their kid ahead. Because of this possibility, I don't think parent coaches should ever be allowed to coach HS teams in order to avoid conflict and practice neutrality.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Wonder if the coach would have put more enthusiasm in program maybe they would be in the playoffs?? basic doesn't cut it and the proof is in the final results.

quote=Anonymous]WH win yesterday really shook up the D2 playoff picture. I wonder if RP not playing any non league games hurt their power ranking?

D 2
Hauppauge 11-3-0 12-4-0 161.940
Sayville 11-3-0 12-4-0 161.220
Eastport/SManor 11-3-0 12-3-0 160.500
Huntington 9-4-0 10-4-0 145.890
West Babylon 8-6-0 8-8-0 125.130
Harborfields 9-5-0 10-5-0 120.380
Westhampton 7-7-0 7-8-0 117.880
Comsewogue 10-4-0 11-4-0 115.640

Out of playoffs
Rocky Point 6-8-0 6-8-0 111.930

Here are my predictions
Haup easy ESM easy Hunt in a close one and Sayville got a nasty draw for being a #2 seed but they should win. I could be wrong but ESM did themselves a favor by having a 3 seed as opposed to a 2 seed[/quote]

Great rematch for Huntington-West Babylon. 16-15 the last time they met.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GREAT GAME BY ALL WHO PLAYED !!!! Refs suspect at best !! WHO CALLS A 3 second violation with 29 seconds left ?? Want to know ? Its a ref 1) never played a competitive sport in his life -- 2) thinks he is bigger then the girls game --- 3) this is his 15 min of ref fame !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GREAT GAME BY ALL WHO PLAYED !!!! Refs suspect at best !! WHO CALLS A 3 second violation with 29 seconds left ?? Want to know ? Its a ref 1) never played a competitive sport in his life -- 2) thinks he is bigger then the girls game --- 3) this is his 15 min of ref fame !!

What game are you talking about?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shake up in Nassau as the very young MacArthur team got by Calhoun today. Both teams playes extremely well until yellows started being given th Calhoun for stick to heads. Girls played right up until the ladt minute despite a MacArthur loudmouth dad yelling "go to the goal Tara" the entire game, amongst other rude and insulting comments. Good luck against the mighty 'Sett gang, they play quick and have a great transitional game. Have they ever lost to a lower seed? Just curiuos

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shake up in Nassau as the very young MacArthur team got by Calhoun today. Both teams playes extremely well until yellows started being given th Calhoun for stick to heads. Girls played right up until the ladt minute despite a MacArthur loudmouth dad yelling "go to the goal Tara" the entire game, amongst other rude and insulting comments. Good luck against the mighty 'Sett gang, they play quick and have a great transitional game. Have they ever lost to a lower seed? Just curiuos

Congrats to the MacArthur girls for moving on. However I would not consider the 9th seed beating the 8th seed a Shake up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe to MacArthur it is a shake up? I know nothing about Nassau rivalry's or what type of program MacArthur is but it has to be a big win for them. Congratulations!

Congrats to the MacArthur girls for moving on. However I would not consider the 9th seed beating the 8th seed a Shake up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poor coaching on Huntington, a few ball hogs .weshampton goalie was superior

That's surprising to me, Huntington seems like they often have many assisted goals. Looks like their #1 player had 7 assists, obviously not one of the ball hogs I'm assuming. I've heard good things about the West Hampton goalie, good for her. How did the starting Huntington goalie play? Did the one going to UNC get in today?

Okay I will take the bate, are you saying she has a number 1 on her jersey or she is their best player. She is a good player who is apparently an even better student which is great but not their best player.

Not the best player? She had the most point in Suffolk County last year as a sophomore. She is absolutely their best player whether the coach realizes it or not.

The fact that you try to use points as your argument for her being the best player tells me you have no clue, with your logic she must have gotten a lot worse from last year as her points this year probably do not even put her in the top 30.Again not a knock on the kid ,good player going to great school with a very bright future but not the best player on her team. Sorry but there is a kid on that team who has been on team 1 school girls multiple times, along with another who is on team 1 this year, one of whom I believe made the under armor senior all American team.Blame your coach all you want but your best player is exceptional on both sides of the ball and on the draw, has been on team 1 school girls multiple time, under armor all American, plays for top YJ team which is one of the best teams in the age group in the country, just sayin.

There were no "ball hogs" on the field. It was a tight game for all of the second half and all of the goals scored were absolutely necessary. Maybe the girls who scored, because the team needed every one of those points, are the only girls who can put it in the goal consistently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure what youre point is about blaming the coach and who the best player on the team is.This is not tennis or golf it is a team sport. Points are down for all the girls and it would not be entirely unfair for the coaching to take some of the blame. And finally you mention what a great honor and confirmation of talent it is to be selected for school girls team one are you suggesting the unc bound goalie who justt made that team should get more playing time?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Although individual achievement should be commended, when you look at the point leaders from Nassau County schools like Island Trees, Wheatly, Plainede, Hicksville, Lynbrook, Division, Clarke and Macarthur none of these teams are expected to do anything in the playoffs. These towns need to do a better job of developing more players and bigger benches. Why can't these other towns grow their programs?

You have to go all the way down to around 15 to start finding players from Manhasset and Wantagh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LB girls season done on Thursday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LB is a solid program with a lot of good young players...I would not count them out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Although individual achievement should be commended, when you look at the point leaders from Nassau County schools like Island Trees, Wheatly, Plainede, Hicksville, Lynbrook, Division, Clarke and Macarthur none of these teams are expected to do anything in the playoffs. These towns need to do a better job of developing more players and bigger benches. Why can't these other towns grow their programs?

You have to go all the way down to around 15 to start finding players from Manhasset and Wantagh

In the opening round of the class B playoffs - the top seeded teams outscored their opponents 64 -12. One of the lower seeded teams scored 8 goals in their game but sill lost by 9. Just goes to show how stats can be misleading.

The MSG varsity guys put Island Trees into the Top 20 last week for the NY Metro. They are not top 20 on LI. I have friends on that team. Last year they won 4 games, and were moved to a lower division as better team were moved up. Now they are undefeated at 14-0. They have 9 wins against teams with less than .500 record (combined 29 wins and 64 losses for their opponents). Yet the guys on MSG who put the poll together and call themselves experts rank this team in the top 20. If they played just the Conf 1 Teams where the majority are not even ranked, they would lose 90% of their games.

Just trying to keep things in perspective. In suffolk you have similar situation if not worse. Good teams will play 3-4 "tough" games and then have 10-12 blowouts because they don't use the "power conference" like Nassau does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's odd to me that parents on this thread seem to know so much about children,that are not their own achievements. Am
How does the poster above this no so much about what accomplishments individual
Players have made? Also why continually slam the team players and coaching of a school that your child plays for? Who does that benefit?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a huge disparity in ability levels between the teams seeded 1-4 in Nassau and the rest of the group. A look at yesterday's scores supports this. Thursday's games will probably be similar too. My daughter plays on the one the top teams, and while she gets playing time, she's not a starter. What's a better scenario? To be a role player on a top team or be a top player on a team like Long Beach, Plainedge, Island Trees, etc.?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Against Wantagh, are you serious . At least by 8 goals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure what youre point is about blaming the coach and who the best player on the team is.This is not tennis or golf it is a team sport. Points are down for all the girls and it would not be entirely unfair for the coaching to take some of the blame. And finally you mention what a great honor and confirmation of talent it is to be selected for school girls team one are you suggesting the unc bound goalie who justt made that team should get more playing time?

Not sure if the UNC goalie should get more playing time in the tight game,I was really responding to the poster who could not resist calling his little darling the #1 player on the team. UNC goalie made team 1 this year but no team last year when the starting goalie made team 2 last year I think. So in a head to head tryout maybe the coach has it right .Sorry but you have many kids on that team that are excellent players but comparing apples to apples , team 1 for several years on schoolgirls, top YJ team, Under armor senior all American etc vs none of those things it just does not add up, but I know its all politics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's odd to me that parents on this thread seem to know so much about children,that are not their own achievements. Am
How does the poster above this no so much about what accomplishments individual
Players have made? Also why continually slam the team players and coaching of a school that your child plays for? Who does that benefit?

It's called Newsday. They list stats and scores.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if the UNC goalie should get more playing time in the tight game,I was really responding to the poster who could not resist calling his little darling the #1 player on the team. UNC goalie made team 1 this year but no team last year when the starting goalie made team 2 last year I think. So in a head to head tryout maybe the coach has it right .Sorry but you have many kids on that team that are excellent players but comparing apples to apples , team 1 for several years on schoolgirls, top YJ team, Under armor senior all American etc vs none of those things it just does not add up, but I know its all politics.

Under Armour Senior All American? When?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not know much about Huntington HS Girls lax, But what I do know is that their best player is the Mercy transfer who is a UA senior All American

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am so glad you finished your post with the best thing you have said so far - "it's all politics." You could not be more right about that. However, times they are a changing. LIMLF now limits the number of club coaches for the school girls tryouts because of so many complaints about the politics and YJ controlling the process. No YJ coaches this year for Under Armour tryouts - coaches are Gallagher (Manhasset), Ferraro (St. Anthony's) and Levy (East Islip). The more politics can be taken out of things like this the better for all of the kids. Now we need to get the two MSG guys out of their love affair with the YJ's and we will be almost fair across the board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not know much about Huntington HS Girls lax, But what I do know is that their best player is the Mercy transfer who is a UA senior All American

If by best player you mean player who rarely passes and always feels she should go to the goal and charge, then yes she is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If youth coaches forced kids to pass starting in Kindergarten instead of going for the win, you would have more players in HS playing and many would have some decent talent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If youth coaches forced kids to pass starting in Kindergarten instead of going for the win, you would have more players in HS playing and many would have some decent talent

Amen. There is a jackass father on my daughter's PAL team screaming at her to try and score every time she gets the ball. Doesn't root or cheer for any of the other girls. I'd like to punch him in his face.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen. There is a jackass father on my daughter's PAL team screaming at her to try and score every time she gets the ball. Doesn't root or cheer for any of the other girls. I'd like to punch him in his face.

Must want his daughter to be a 100 point getter in HS. If that's all you are interested in you have to start early. In lacrosse its never about the team its only about points and getting recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am so glad you finished your post with the best thing you have said so far - "it's all politics." You could not be more right about that. However, times they are a changing. LIMLF now limits the number of club coaches for the school girls tryouts because of so many complaints about the politics and YJ controlling the process. No YJ coaches this year for Under Armour tryouts - coaches are Gallagher (Manhasset), Ferraro (St. Anthony's) and Levy (East Islip). The more politics can be taken out of things like this the better for all of the kids. Now we need to get the two MSG guys out of their love affair with the YJ's and we will be almost fair across the board.

Do you really think it matters. Will be just as much Politics

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you really think it matters. Will be just as much Politics

I would say just as much perceived politics. DG runs a travel program, has added several high school coaches to the mix and is looking more like TG and YJ everyday. SL jumped from TG and is running the girls side of Legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unc goalie never was allowed to try out before this year, the other goalie made it because HS coach picked her ! All politics - she will sit on the bench when she gets to college. Everyone knows that

User
User
Get off the topic of these two goalies and the one player. All from Huntington. Getting too personal and negative.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets talk playoffs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACT !!!!!
nmtmm5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right HOP.. These people are awful!!! They are talking about children!!! Disgusting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
Get off the topic of these two goalies and the one player. All from Huntington. Getting too personal and negative.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Locust Valley beats Island Trees 12-10 in first round of Class C playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who makes it to finals Wantagh or garden city?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy yes, but not impossible. SWR had a team a few years back that was so stacked with talent a JV player "who never played varsity" made it to a DI school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw who our coach selected for "all conference". I mean, our coach is bad but selecting this girl just proves how out of touch she is with this team. She picks the most selfish player, who doesnt pass and is the last person you would want to be a role model for the rest of the girls on the team. Go figure!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw who our coach selected for "all conference". I mean, our coach is bad but selecting this girl just proves how out of touch she is with this team. She picks the most selfish player, who doesnt pass and is the last person you would want to be a role model for the rest of the girls on the team. Go figure!

Where did you see that?

Page 73 of 83 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard