BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: US Lacrosse Women's National Tournament
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha she left a list of names for DG Ms liberty and levy Mr Top gun!! That's hilarious. ROSE is brilliant for NOT showing up to this Garbage!! She gets blamed even when she blows it off!!

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Removed Player Reference
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bayshore kid made Team 1 idiots!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
<Player Name> didnt beat CR's team, Bay Shore did. She had one goal and got tossed out her second yellow card with 15 minutes left in 2nd half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't do it! List the name of the school so the adults can rip apart the kids? this board is good but it also leaves a wide open forum for ADULTS to put down children. When the roster comes out I'm sure everyone will have plenty to say when "congratulations" should be all that is said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way, Kyra did make it. A good Bay Shore team also beat us. Who made the team? I am sure all the top teams were well represented.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No her cronies, Bertelone and Thorn were!! etc etc. Same thing! And Al should give back every penny to girls he has trained!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They could have posted them before the tryouts!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No her cronies, Bertelone and Thorn were!! etc etc. Same thing! And Al should give back every penny to girls he has trained!!!

There were plenty of Non YJ coaches! I am sure there are many good YJ and others that were left out! Less than 25% of the kids made a team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bayshore kid made Team 1 idiots!
why are you so nasty? are you so small that you have to call people names

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it is a disgrace the way they ran this tryout. and to the earliar post that said a girl and her mother flipped out after getting cut, and she made a call and bingo they put her on the team. and yes it did happen, and she is a yellow jacket, this was confirmed by several people that were there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it is a disgrace the way they ran this tryout. and to the earliar post that said a girl and her mother flipped out after getting cut, and she made a call and bingo they put her on the team. and yes it did happen, and she is a yellow jacket, this was confirmed by several people that were there.

Politics are great when they work for you, stinks when they work against you. What really stinks here is some other girl must have gotten cut to make room for mama's girl in CR's back pocket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to those that made it - Sure, but such is life when a deserving person is over looked - Sure, but should you not show the names on here when they will be posted anyway - Why not? these girls if they are good will be getting looked under a microscope for years, no harm in toughen their skin now. Really i said it, for goodness sakes they're athletes and they are tough enough to take it. if they or their parents cant then just maybe they do not belong.

Show the names and their HS and club affiliation - PLEASE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to those that made it - Sure, but such is life when a deserving person is over looked - Sure, but should you not show the names on here when they will be posted anyway - Why not? these girls if they are good will be getting looked under a microscope for years, no harm in toughen their skin now. Really i said it, for goodness sakes they're athletes and they are tough enough to take it. if they or their parents cant then just maybe they do not belong.

Look I have to say that I know this girl, and her parents. I wasn't at the try out and didn't see what happened. I will even say that neither the girl nor her parents like me or my daughter, and won't give us the time of day even though they used to play with each other. So believe me there is no reason i should defend her, but this girl can flat out play lacrosse and deserves to to be on any of these teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they dont want to post the teams, but somebody will post it,, it will be embarrasing to them to see some of the names on that list. US lacrosse should get wind of this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever...

Tell her to learn how to play as a team player!(I heard this player(in BS) got ejected from NP game last week with 2 yellow cards?
Teach her it's a TEAM Sport!
Good for BS Team, they still won.

This player will not go too far when(even or if she gets recruited) with all the reputations she has... college coaches know.

There is another one(s) in SE, I heard. Solid players they are I was told... but, not team players. They run the show(scores) and their coach let them do it?. Their JR/SR are not getting recognized. Too bad for SE parents(JR/SR).

Good luck everyone!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is a Joke. The Middle Country kid is an awesome player! Well deserving! Whatever club she plays for!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever...

Tell her to learn how to play as a team player!(I heard this player(in BS) got ejected from NP game last week with 2 yellow cards?
Teach her it's a TEAM Sport!
Good for BS Team, they still won.

This player will not go too far when(even or if she gets recruited) with all the reputations she has... college coaches know.

There is another one(s) in SE, I heard. Solid players they are I was told... but, not team players. They run the show(scores) and their coach let them do it?. Their JR/SR are not getting recognized. Too bad for SE parents(JR/SR).

Good luck everyone!

Your not allowed to talk about that S.E. player in a bad way. didn't you read the lacrosse rule book

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think a lot of the girls already knew going in to the tryout that they weren't even going to be considered. With that said I told my daughter to go and do her best and to consider the tryout as a really good work out. My daughter is a YJ and like many others didn't make the first cut. She said it was pretty obvious who was going to make it from the very beginning. The coaches were already showing favoritism before lunch. Unfortunately, the reputation of this tryout is not very good. I don't question the ability of the players that were chosen but I do question the integrity of the people running it. If this is supposed to be a recruiting tournament then why are committed girls on the team? I know that a LI team winning the tournament would be a great thing but I think the uncommitted players deserve their time to shine. This whole recruiting process is a life lesson for the girls....and the parents too. It' s just disheartening that the girls have to learn that if you are not the one in the lime light at all times that you just might miss out on an opportunity.

On another note.....in the email that was sent with the info on the try out it was made quite clear that NO PARENTS were allowed to watch the try out or basically be any where near the fields. I find it amusing that as per usual some of these parents cannot remove themselves from something that has absolutely nothing to do with them. It's on the verge of embarrassing to be associated with these parents.

If my daughter is to be recommended again I will let her make the decision. Apparently this team is not the end all be all! Many girls that have been cut from this team are already playing or are recruited to play! Best of luck to everyone! As I told my daughter everyone will get their turn if it is meant to be!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Besides.....THERE ARE NO FULL ATHLETIC RIDES IN LACROSSE....the average is around 25% for an incoming freshman.Many of you are spending >25k; only to get about <5k a year......such a waste of funds......

ANYONE CARE TO COMMENT? I am hearing this more and more, full rides don't happen for many at all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look I have to say that I know this girl, and her parents. I wasn't at the try out and didn't see what happened. I will even say that neither the girl nor her parents like me or my daughter, and won't give us the time of day even though they used to play with each other. So believe me there is no reason i should defend her, but this girl can flat out play lacrosse and deserves to to be on any of these teams

You are missing the point, it is up to the COACHES to determine whether or not she DESERVES to be on the team, perhaps she had a bad tryout or a bad attitude, the point is that she was supposedly cut, then a call was made, and then she was back on the team, that is just plain wrong, regardless if ANYONE thinks she "deserves" to be on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are missing the point, it is up to the COACHES to determine whether or not she DESERVES to be on the team, perhaps she had a bad tryout or a bad attitude, the point is that she was supposedly cut, then a call was made, and then she was back on the team, that is just plain wrong, regardless if ANYONE thinks she "deserves" to be on the team.

I know for a fact parent in question never made a phone call. I know the parents and that's not their style anyway. You are getting misinformation. You are going on heresay. I was there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
<<Player name removed>> is a great player and so is my daughter (who was cut). and many other girls attending those tryouts. My daughter was cut but honestly none of this really matters does it? These games are ultimately meaningless as are the teams. I agree with one user that places should be slotted for older kids if the talent is close, (and the younger ones will get their turn later and kids already committed should not be allowed to tryout at all.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Player Name Removed by Parent Request
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow.....you are name-dropping....but won't reveal the identity of your daughter???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Besides.....THERE ARE NO FULL ATHLETIC RIDES IN LACROSSE....the average is around 25% for an incoming freshman.Many of you are spending >25k; only to get about <5k a year......such a waste of funds......

ANYONE CARE TO COMMENT? I am hearing this more and more, full rides don't happen for many at all

Lacrosse is an equivalency sport. Meaning; with the 12.6 scholarships allowed.....that 12.6 must be spread through the roster. Upperclassmen will receive more than an incoming freshman. My key word was ATHLETIC. But....if you add in ACADEMIC scholarships and institutional based aid and grants.....depending on your socioeconomic status....then a "full" ride may occur.

For example....my daughter is getting 40% of athletic money...about 30% academic, another 25% discount.....her future school gives discounts to Active Military and Veterans and their dependents and add a Pell grant of 5500....that is a full ride COMBINED. No coach in their right mind will offer a kid regardless of talent 100%. In most programs; even within the top 25.....that is four kids coming in. I hope I clarified.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Lacrosse is an equivalency sport. Meaning; with the 12.6 scholarships allowed.....that 12.6 must be spread through the roster. Upperclassmen will receive more than an incoming freshman. My key word was ATHLETIC. But....if you add in ACADEMIC scholarships and institutional based aid and grants.....depending on your socioeconomic status....then a "full" ride may occur.

For example....my daughter is getting 40% of athletic money...about 30% academic, another 25% discount.....her future school gives discounts to Active Military and Veterans and their dependents and add a Pell grant of 5500....that is a full ride COMBINED. No coach in their right mind will offer a kid regardless of talent 100%. In most programs; even within the top 25.....that is four kids coming in. I hope I clarified.
This is a reasonable assessment based on personal experience - thank you poster. For our readers, the College Forum here on BOTC and on the sister site, BOTN, deal with this topic regularly.

Think of it this way. With twelve (12) scholarships (assume that the 0.6 is allocated to upper classmen to keep the numbers simple) and assuming everything is smoothly spread, that means there are three (3) full scholarships per class if the program is fully funded by the university. Realistically, some additional awards are granted to captains and some specific positions (keeper) might need a push to land a new player.

So, rewinding, a freshman class has realistically somewhere between 2.0 and 3.0 full athletic scholarships available.

With the average recruiting class pulling in somewhere around ten (10) players, you can quickly see why the average freshman deal will range right around 25% (or 0.25) of a single full scholarship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
<<Player Name Removed>> is a great player and so is my daughter (who was cut). and many other girls attending those tryouts. My daughter was cut but honestly none of this really matters does it? These games are ultimately meaningless as are the teams. I agree with one user that places should be slotted for older kids if the talent is close, (and the younger ones will get their turn later and kids already committed should not be allowed to tryout at all.

The kids who are committed should be aloud to try out. FYI if you have not been chosen for a School girl 1 team you can't try out for the U 19 national team! Unless they change the criteria then those girls have to try out! Furthermore, is the spirit of this tournament only for recruiting? or is it to see how each region stacks up?

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Player Name Removed by Parent Request
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is looking at a school with a tuition of approximately $31K. They said the average amount of athletic aid is typically $12-$17. An estimate of academic/grant aid was given to her that was about the same as the athletic aid range. Therefore, in this case, it could "possibly" cover tuition. Pretty good, but not a full ride (does not cover room and board) and the $ definitely is not all from athletics. From people I have spoken to who have been through this, I've heard this is not uncommon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
<<Player name removed>> is a great player and so is my daughter (who was cut). and many other girls attending those tryouts. My daughter was cut but honestly none of this really matters does it? These games are ultimately meaningless as are the teams. I agree with one user that places should be slotted for older kids if the talent is close, (and the younger ones will get their turn later and kids already committed should not be allowed to tryout at all.

The kids who are committed should be aloud to try out. FYI if you have not been chosen for a School girl 1 team you can't try out for the U 19 national team! Unless they change the criteria then those girls have to try out! Furthermore, is the spirit of this tournament only for recruiting? or is it to see how each region stacks up?
FYI this might be the most obnoxious parent in lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know for a fact parent in question never made a phone call. I know the parents and that's not their style anyway. You are getting misinformation. You are going on heresay. I was there.

i was there too you idiot, and it did happen. get your facts straightr

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

i was there too you idiot, and it did happen. <<Removed player reference>> get your facts straightr
Enough of the anonymous he-said, she-said discussion. Regardless of a parent call or not, player re-evaluation or not - the issue is now closed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the Long Island teams do last year in this thing. If I remember correctly they didnt do well at all.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How did the Long Island teams do last year in this thing. If I remember correctly they didnt do well at all.
The 2011 schedule details are available on-line at the following link :

2011 US Lacrosse WDNT Schedules and Brackets

BOTC is pulling the results from this 2011 event right now into a single post for our readers.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Onondaga Pool A
Team W L T GF
Philly 1 3 0 1 35
Baltimore Metro 1 2 1 1 35
Long Island Metro 2 2 2 0 44
Northern New Jersey 1 1 1 2 37
Upstate NY 0 4 0 46

Onondaga Pool B
Team W L T GF
Long Island Metro 1 3 0 1 30
Baltimore Metro 2 3 1 0 27
DC Metro 1 2 1 1 34
Lower New England 1 1 3 0 42
Southern New Jersey 1 0 4 0 42

Seneca Pool A
Team W L T GF
Long Island Metro 3 2 0 1 26
DC Metro 3 1 0 2 20
Lower New England 2 1 1 1 21
Southern New Jersey 2 0 3 0 41

Seneca Pool B
Team W L T GF
DC Metro 2 2 0 1 29
Lower New England 3 2 1 0 21
Philly 2 1 1 1 26
Northern New Jersey 2 0 3 0 36

Oneida Pool A
Team W L T GF
Philly 3 3 0 0 22
Hudson Valley 2 1 0 27
DC Metro 4 1 2 0 35
South Florida 0 3 0 33

Oneida Pool B
Team W L T GF
Eastern Shore 2 0 1 20
Baltimore Metro 3 2 0 1 23
Adirondack 1 2 0 32
Chicago Metro (IL-WI) 0 3 0 35

Tuscarora Pool A
Team W L T GF
Colorado 3 0 0 12
LarryMiller - Gulf Coast 1 1 1 28
South - Central Ohio 1 2 0 39
DC Metro 5 0 2 1 27

Tuscarora Pool B
Team W L T GF
Western NY - Rochester 1 2 1 0 27
New Hampshire - Vermont 1 2 1 0 31
Philly 4 1 2 0 31
North Coast Ohio 1 2 0 31

Mohawk Pool A
Team W L T GF
Lower New England 4 2 0 1 26
Philly 5 2 1 0 25
Texas 1 2 0 36
San Diego 0 2 1 28

Mohawk Pool B
Team W L T GF
Nor Cal 1 3 0 0 22
Georgia 1 1 1 29
Virginia 1 2 0 37
Maine 0 2 1 35

Cayuga Pool A
Team W L T GF
North Carolina 3 0 0 18
Western Pennsylvania 2 1 0 30
Washington State 1 2 0 36
Tennessee 0 3 0 38

Cayuga Pool B
Team W L T GF
Central Pennsylvania 3 0 0 17
Lower New England 5 2 1 0 23
OC - LA 1 2 0 30
Western NY - Rochester 2 0 3 0 46

Iroquois Pool A
Team W L T GF
New Hampshire - Vermont 2 4 0 0 16
Arizona 2 2 0 50
Missouri 2 2 0 34
Georgia 2 1 2 1 40
LarryMiller - Gulf Coast 2 0 3 1 48

Iroquois Pool B
Team W L T GF
Utah - Idaho 4 0 0 29
Oregon 3 1 0 35
Nor Cal 2 2 2 0 44
South Carolina 1 3 0 56
Kentucky - Indiana 0 4 0 53

Seniors Only Patterson Pool
Team W L T GF
USA U19 2 0 0 4
Royal 1 1 0 21
Yellow 0 2 0 31

Seniors Only Cranbarry Pool
Team W L T GF
Canada U19 2 0 0 15
Orange 1 1 0 14
Forest Green 0 2 0 25

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long island 3 won their division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You make some great points - outside of "the Parents cant seem to keep out of it".

from reading these posts they have to be a part of it, the corruption runs to deep. One could only hope that status or politics do not take an important role, but that is not reality, it would be irresponsible not to inject yourself for your child sake.

(ok, bring on the "in a year she will be on her own what will mommy and daddy do then" your right but for now you do what you can)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is that obnoxious? My kid is not commited or even close to be! I only stated the facts because I asked that question myself to a parent of a kid who already was committed and that was one of the answers I got. Along with that the girls really like playing in the tournament against the other regions to see how they stack up. Not everyone plays club and not everyone has a chance to have out of state schools on their schedule. If that is somehow obnoxious or offensive I apologize!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I would find it very surprising if a non-club player made the team. Besides the obvious political implications, it's not likely a non-club player would be at the skill level I presume the chosen players possess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is that obnoxious? My kid is not commited or even close to be! I only stated the facts because I asked that question myself to a parent of a kid who already was committed and that was one of the answers I got. Along with that the girls really like playing in the tournament against the other regions to see how they stack up. Not everyone plays club and not everyone has a chance to have out of state schools on their schedule. If that is somehow obnoxious or offensive I apologize!
FYI almost all High School Tournaments are for recruiting , especially this one. Thats why this Tournament has not only a college coach tent, But a recruiting tent . But I'm sure with your vast knowledge of all things U.Sl lacrosse you knew that. So I'm sure you can justify to yourself the complete selfishness it takes to take a spot from a girl trying to get to a college of her choice so a girl that is committed can assure herself a spot on the U.S. U19 team . Oh and by the way the total fool that named the girl in there post is a total lowlife P.O.S. and should be banned from being near any lax event

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
name-dropping please anyone following this thread knows who it is and unfortunately favoritism is the way of long island girls lacrosse...to all those girls that didn't make it and should have too, better luck next year and be proud that you took the rejection and didn't go crying to the powers that be!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure what the big deal is that her name was mentioned by someone the fact that she was given special treatment is the issue who cares what her name is?

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard