BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 32 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 31 32
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They never played Rocky Point,Smithtown Blue, or Bayshore. The team is in the "B" division.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
sachem north 2021 tough team. great in transistion. don't think they've lost yet. goalie is like a cat.

How do thy measure up to Smithtown's or Bay Shore's top teams?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure if they've played them yet. I didn't say they were unbeatable or anything I just said they were very good and I don't think they've lost yet. that's all. those other programs you mentioned are very good as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Between those three is it a toss up each time they play? have they played this season. Is there a difference between PAL and their travel teams?

They never played Rocky Point,Smithtown Blue, or Bayshore. The team is in the "B" division.
sachem north 2021 tough team. great in transistion. don't think they've lost yet. goalie is like a cat.

How do thy measure up to Smithtown's or Bay Shore's top teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are playing the "B" division.
not sure if they've played them yet. I didn't say they were unbeatable or anything I just said they were very good and I don't think they've lost yet. that's all. those other programs you mentioned are very good as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does any one have the Suffolk PAL schedule. If so can you please post.
-thanks

http://suffolkpal.usl.la

New Suffolk PAL website no longer up.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does any one have the Suffolk PAL schedule. If so can you please post.
-thanks

http://suffolkpal.usl.la

New Suffolk PAL website no longer up.

It has been down for about a month now which is a shame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good the see the new regime has it together... Is it really so hard to keep a website up. Just merge us with Nassau PAL now as I believe Suffolk county PAL Lacrosse will cease to be in the next 2 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good the see the new regime has it together... Is it really so hard to keep a website up. Just merge us with Nassau PAL now as I believe Suffolk county PAL Lacrosse will cease to be in the next 2 years.

Agreed.
First they need to do is have some sort of playoff or at the very least, division standings. The 8 games during the season seem to be nothing more than a scrimmage.
Have the kids check in like they do for PAL football.
And fix the website....it's 2015, for crying out loud!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think a Nassau/Suffolk inventional Jamboree to end the season for both boys and girls would be pretty cool.

Nassau and Suffolk would send two or three teams from A,B,C divisions for a championship format tournament.

Maybe a midweek game or Sunday double header during the season to keep the season the same length.

PAL football has a champion

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they play from what I understand. and I was just making an observation. sorry to offend you and your son's team being the greatest on long island. no one's better than them let me know who they r so I can come watch. just let me know when the third line goes in so I can watch your son

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem with PAL town teams is that the same people coach all the same teams. There should be a rule that if you HC Football you shouldn't be able to HC Lacrosse, etc. There is way to much favoritism because of this, you get dads who favor their sons and don't see the truth behind their sons ability to play. All this creates is angry parents and a lot of bickering on the sidelines. When you allow one or a small group to coach everything you eventually create a scenario which is not fair to all the kids. What is needed at this level is a Coach who sees past his own kid and opens up the opportunity to everyone. Do the numbers, the participation numbers for PAL is dwindling because of this happening. Its happening in my town and some of the towns around us, what these coaches don't see is what's going on when parents on the sideline all agree on this and the actions they are going to take. This is not a whining outcry, this is something that is building quickly and with a negative outcome for the programs and more importantly the kids. Why have your son or daughter join a team that they will never get a fair shake on? Limit the teams a person can coach and you limit the favoritism, simple fix.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem with PAL town teams is that the same people coach all the same teams. There should be a rule that if you HC Football you shouldn't be able to HC Lacrosse, etc. There is way to much favoritism because of this, you get dads who favor their sons and don't see the truth behind their sons ability to play. All this creates is angry parents and a lot of bickering on the sidelines. When you allow one or a small group to coach everything you eventually create a scenario which is not fair to all the kids. What is needed at this level is a Coach who sees past his own kid and opens up the opportunity to everyone. Do the numbers, the participation numbers for PAL is dwindling because of this happening. Its happening in my town and some of the towns around us, what these coaches don't see is what's going on when parents on the sideline all agree on this and the actions they are going to take. This is not a whining outcry, this is something that is building quickly and with a negative outcome for the programs and more importantly the kids. Why have your son or daughter join a team that they will never get a fair shake on? Limit the teams a person can coach and you limit the favoritism, simple fix.

Limiting volunteers is a tough sell. Not saying there isn't favoritism but telling someone they can't coach football because they also are willing to coach lacrosse is kind of crazy. IMHO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's true of every town. I have yet to see a town Dad coach be objective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with this. A dad coaches a team and puts his son in spots he doesn't belong. EVERYBODY sees it and talks about it but the coach just refuses too.

I agree with this. A dad coaches a team and puts his son in spots he doesn't belong. EVERYBODY sees it and talks about it but the coach just refuses too. Oblivious to the point where you feel embarrassed for them.Solution is to let your son earn what he deserves in the sports he decides to play. Problem with todays youth sports is to many parents telling you where their son belongs instead of just letting them go out there and fight for it. Very sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about this... If you do not like what the coach is doing instead of talking to the wives like little girls, step up and volunteer yourself. No coach will turn away more help. And since you obviously have so much knowledge to offer...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rocky Point played East not north and they beat the [lacrosse] out of us not once but twice in one day, I would also go out on a limb and say they would beat up north just the same way they did us. They have a really good roster with crush and bandit brothers on team.

Pretty sure they lost to Rocky Point. Don't hold me to it though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes!!! finally!!!! a coach speaks out!!! amen to that!!! as a coach as well I am so tired of the smug remarks from the stands and the bleacher coaches.....many who have never picked a stick up in their lives. tired of the whining and hiding behind e-mails. even when you're team is undefeated, there's no pleasing half of these parents. even when every single kid on the team has played as much as u can play them in each game, there's still no pleasing. I had a parent believe it or not who's is still learning the game and is trying his hardest, tell me it's not fair that when my son gets in the game no one passes to him. They need to pass to him and be fair. word for word this was said to me and my staff. mind u the father never picked up so much as a wiffle ball bat in his life let alone a lacrosse stick. this was said coming off a big win. this has been a great season for us. the boys are enjoying being undefeated. and to have a parent/bleacher coach tell me that after a game where all the boys come off the field smiling blows my mind. I know as a coach I'm not speaking alone. please parents seriously, root for the team. support the kids and the coaches. things may not always go your way. if your son isn't playing as much as other boys due to his skills or from being new to the game....he has to work a little harder. and as a thirty year lax player and coach I can certainly tell u it's at home where your son will get better with his stick and throwing cradling catching and scooping ground balls. practicing with the team twice a week is not going to make him a better lacrosse player. we as coaches will only fine tune what he does on his own. so parents please don't complain or make negative comments if your son is not playing much or no one is passing to him. ask yourself before you bash the coaches who volunteer their time, is my son practicing on his own? or am I just whining in the stands. be fair before u start to bash the coaching staff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
north 2021 is in the B division. Rocky point is in A. you're probably talking about sachem east 2021 who doesn't belong in the A division. They played Rocky point. and lost. They have yet to win a game. train wreck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed Rocky point is very good and could probably beat both sachem teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A coach'd life is damned and usually at the detriment to his own child if he has a kid on the team. It's a no win situation and probably not worth it. What would you do if your son's existing coaching staff just up and quit? Would just whine and post on this page how your organization is required to provide a you a coach? Or would you step up and coach yourself?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Youth town team parents are the worst with their whining on the sidelines , they at times become a cancer and spread disease to other parents , and blame everything on the coach ! it's the coaches fault That their child can't catch, throw, or yes even run. It's the coaches fault because he should have told their child where the mid-line was even though the kid has been playing for 5 years . I love when parents come to the coach and dictate on how things should be done with the team, or what kids should be taken from the other team On to their team. Most coaches go above and beyond the duty of basic coaching but still are ridiculed because many parents feel this is what they paid for in town ball (all of $100.00 ,,,wow so high priced gonna get my money's worth!!). , try paying travel prices Then go and complain
Let's face it if your kid lacks the skill set, chances are it's not the coaches fault that little Johnny doesn't practice on his own.
If you want to go further, after 6th grade comes middle school , kids will be sifted out by the time jv comes along.
Are the parents going to continue to blame the coaches then??

yes!!! finally!!!! a coach speaks out!!! amen to that!!! as a coach as well I am so tired of the smug remarks from the stands and the bleacher coaches.....many who have never picked a stick up in their lives. tired of the whining and hiding behind e-mails. even when you're team is undefeated, there's no pleasing half of these parents. even when every single kid on the team has played as much as u can play them in each game, there's still no pleasing. I had a parent believe it or not who's is still learning the game and is trying his hardest, tell me it's not fair that when my son gets in the game no one passes to him. They need to pass to him and be fair. word for word this was said to me and my staff. mind u the father never picked up so much as a wiffle ball bat in his life let alone a lacrosse stick. this was said coming off a big win. this has been a great season for us. the boys are enjoying being undefeated. and to have a parent/bleacher coach tell me that after a game where all the boys come off the field smiling blows my mind. I know as a coach I'm not speaking alone. please parents seriously, root for the team. support the kids and the coaches. things may not always go your way. if your son isn't playing as much as other boys due to his skills or from being new to the game....he has to work a little harder. and as a thirty year lax player and coach I can certainly tell u it's at home where your son will get better with his stick and throwing cradling catching and scooping ground balls. practicing with the team twice a week is not going to make him a better lacrosse player. we as coaches will only fine tune what he does on his own. so parents please don't complain or make negative comments if your son is not playing much or no one is passing to him. ask yourself before you bash the coaches who volunteer their time, is my son practicing on his own? or am I just whining in the stands. be fair before u start to bash the coaching staff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rocky Point team lost by a close margin to team smithown without those three crush/bandit brothers so I would say they are more then very good.

agreed Rocky point is very good and could probably beat both sachem teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoken like a true town coach. We have four town coaches and not one of them have ever played the sport. They don't know how to teach. And the coaches from our town that actually played the game think they don't have to teach. They just show up and look out for their own kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
coaching staff quit!? Where'd that happen!? I've never heard such a thing that's crazy. quit on kids? in a game or practice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
spoken like a parent who's kid sent know where the mid line is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should the town coach ignore his own kid? Im my experience they are usually harder on their own kids. If you have problem with a coach who you feel is under qualified or uninterested in working with your kid, volunteer to help or go shop at the team store.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Son, we live in a world that has lacrosse and these kids have to be taught it. Who's gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for your third line middie and you curse the team. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the middies benching, while tragic, probably scored goals. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins games. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that sideline, you need me on that sideline. We use words like cut, pass, slide. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent coaching. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very victories that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a stick, and help my practice. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Arrogant, huh?

Guess what, PAL is supposed to be about development, not wins. Little Johnny just wants to touch the ball. Is that unreasonable? Last I checked, they aren't crowning champions in 4th grade.

Get a grip, coach. You are making the rest of us look bad.

Son, we live in a world that has lacrosse and these kids have to be taught it. Who's gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for your third line middie and you curse the team. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the middies benching, while tragic, probably scored goals. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins games. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that sideline, you need me on that sideline. We use words like cut, pass, slide. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent coaching. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very victories that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a stick, and help my practice. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love it. well said again as a coach keep defending the time we take away from our own families to teach kids how to play lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That wasn't even a little funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, thought this stuff was only going on in our town program. Lost coach of a very good team in our town due to a few whiny parents this year. Claim they are "just looking out for the kids", Yeah their own kids. They bad mouth the other kids on sidelines, unknowingly in front of their parents and make them feel uncomfortable and not welcome. Half the boys on the team did not return because of this and team is now a joke. Hopefully they all return next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have coached almost every youth sport. I live in a very competitive big town, I can honestly tell you most guys coach to make sure their kid stays on the field, I hate the guy so much this will be my first kid I send to a Catholic school,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about guys without kids who coach? you ever think of them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
little Johnny can touch the ball.....on a developmental C division team. why is it so difficult for some of u parents to grasp. HE HAS TO PRACTICE AT HOME WITH HIS STICK EVERY DAY!!!!!!! THAT'S HOW HE BECOMES BETTER!!!!! wait till they get to school. when the coach sees they can't throw or catch. there's nothing to talk about. They just don't play. mommy can't send emails or cry about inclusion. that's all ovet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sure it was

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely brilliant. All complaints about coaches on this and other forums can be easily remedied. Raise your hand and volunteer. All you need is a pulse and the ability to pass a background check (might be a tall order for some). If you feel like you don't know the game well enough to be a head coach, then be someone's assistant for year or two and learn from them. Then come back to this forum and explain how difficult it is to teach kids and win a few games, while simultaneously managing the egos of their entire extended families. Good luck, and see you on the sidelines

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There aren't enough coaches like that, ones that don't have a kid on the team. Those guys are usually the best bc they don't have a horse in the race and are much more objective. We need more of those coaches in youth sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I Tend To disagree. Not that it does not happen but the majority do it because either they have the lax knowledge or just know how to work with kids and motivate , the ones bashing have neither , but have plenty of assumptions and picking daisy experience .
People make these types of assumptions when their kid lacks period !. The ones who get playtime and work with their kid at home are not spewing the vomit on the sidelines.

Yes their are bad coaches no argument wit that !
But if another parent has something to say that is valid then step up and do it.
There's plenty of help needed in Pal. I guess I would say my kid is lucky as his "parent" coach runs productive practices and literally goes all year long with his team, there's no BS and all parents are accustomed to it as this will prepare for school team ball.

When your kid gets into middle school and gets cut from team or lacks playtime, your gonna wish you could turn back time and worked more with your kid.
As for those who rather a non parent coach , that's the ticket!
It will not change your kids developement if he still can't catch and throw.

quote=Anonymous]I have coached almost every youth sport. I live in a very competitive big town, I can honestly tell you most guys coach to make sure their kid stays on the field, I hate the guy so much this will be my first kid I send to a Catholic school, [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This post made my day...thank you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
great homage to a few good men lmao

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 32 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 31 32