BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ESM Girls Lacrosse
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Since ESM seems to have a lot going on here is your own place to go at it.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: ESM Girls Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
50 pages of the coach is mean and yells at my daughter. To quote Dan Hawkins...

It is a good watch.... It is varsity sports...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je-gpy6Y_UA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHY?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
50 pages of the coach is mean and yells at my daughter. To quote Dan Hawkins...

It is a good watch.... It is varsity sports...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je-gpy6Y_UA

that's the problem. you think young girls playing lacrosse for their school with their classmates is the same as big 12 division 1 football. it's sad that you can't see the difference. college players also choose their program and coach. high school administrators are trusted to provide a healthy atmosphere for all children. a D1 college parent asking for their kid to have an additional week off is silly but nothing like what's been talked about here. i'm sure you think it was wrong but even D1 college coaches have been removed for abusive behavior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this going to turn out to be a Soap Opera like the Shoreham WR thread did? I'm not from that community, but it got nasty. I know I probably shouldn't of even read that thread since I had no involvement in that community, but it was like a car accident, you really shouldn't watch it, but you just can't help yourself.

Be careful with this thread folks.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM is and has been a train wreck for a long time. Boys and girls. They just hid it until now. Many kids hurt and so much favoritism and politics.
You defenders of the program are a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please send the ESM coach over to our school we will take her in an instant.Has coached my daughter in several things outside of school and clearly knows the sport. Amazing how thin skinned the parents and kids of today have become , the fact that its not the first coach the PAL parents have run out of town tells me its crazy parents at ESM with an AD who must have no back bone. Ask any coach who has been involved in youth lacrosse long enough and they will tell you the youth coaches and parents at ESM are by far the craziest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please send the ESM coach over to our school we will take her in an instant.Has coached my daughter in several things outside of school and clearly knows the sport. Amazing how thin skinned the parents and kids of today have become , the fact that its not the first coach the PAL parents have run out of town tells me its crazy parents at ESM with an AD who must have no back bone. Ask any coach who has been involved in youth lacrosse long enough and they will tell you the youth coaches and parents at ESM are by far the craziest.
7 Mydaughter is on the Varsity team being coached by Becky Thorn and if I thought for a second that my daughter was being verbally or mentally abused she would no longer be playing for her. Ask the parents that r complaining why it took them 3 years of her coaching her daughter before she started to complain?? Younger girls came up and are playing over her daughter so now she is complaining?? The parents at ESM are delusional spoiled brats who usually get there way. I like Becky because not only is she a great coach but she doesn't kiss the parents asses. What happened to when you're cut from a team, you're cut or if your not the best you sit the bench. No of course that's not how it works at ESM. Don't worry Suzie, mommy and daddy will call the school and take care of it for you!! It makes me sick. Also if my daughter screws up during the game she deserves to be benched for the good of the team!! Reality, some girls don't because they are more of a detriment off the field then on, that's just the way it goes!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is unfortunate ,for all involved ,that a cry baby daddy who no longer has kids on the team has continued his witch hunt from 5 years ago. She is intense and not perfect but many parents can not handle the truth about their kids. At the Sayville game all the kids but one wore BT on their legs. What does that tell you? Varsity sports means putting the best players on the field. Sorry if you can't handle that crazy parent. Her assistant coach is the dean at the school...and he allows kids to be abused?? I smell a lawsuit coming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"IT's VARSITY LACROSSE! IT'S SUFFOLK COUNTY...LONG ISLAND!.... Go play intramurals sista," Becky Thorn.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have had enough. I am a ESM parent who can say my kid was not treated the best but you people are embarrassing us. When I heard you were all over this site I find myself now defending the coach stop it enough. Lets deal with this like adults. So embarrassed to say I am from ESM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
smile AMEN

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the coach should have acted like an adult this whole time. Just a thought. Winning has nothing to do with it but treating young girls with dignity and respect has everything to do with it. If all the accusations are true then it's a sad situation. Just sayin...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the coach should have acted like an adult this whole time. Just a thought. Winning has nothing to do with it but treating young girls with dignity and respect has everything to do with it. If all the accusations are true then it's a sad situation. Just sayin...

Exactly!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is unfortunate ,for all involved ,that a cry baby daddy who no longer has kids on the team has continued his witch hunt from 5 years ago. She is intense and not perfect but many parents can not handle the truth about their kids. At the Sayville game all the kids but one wore BT on their legs. What does that tell you? Varsity sports means putting the best players on the field. Sorry if you can't handle that crazy parent. Her assistant coach is the dean at the school...and he allows kids to be abused?? I smell a lawsuit coming.

you'll see it's more than just one dad. the fact that the dean of students allows it to go on makes it even scarier. surprised you dragged him into the conversation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM is and has been a train wreck for a long time. Boys and girls. They just hid it until now. Many kids hurt and so much favoritism and politics.

The only thing hidden was the unhappy parents circling like sharks when they saw an opportunity to go run to the parent of a child who was pulled out of a game to try to get them on their side to get rid of coach. We all know who they are now. Do they think all of a sudden when the new coach is here things will change? I assume the next coach will put the strongest players out there also. Just like ESM football this year. I assume they put the strongest team out on the field. Facebook posts like crazy how the team was winning and making history. It was great! Loved that the football team was so successful! It brings a community together. So what was one parent on the football team whispering to anyone who would listen, "- my kid is a better more athletic quarterback than who they have out there" same parent now complaining about girls lax team and younger kids playing over hers. It's exhausting and tiresome to hear all the time has no one passes to her son in lax and now girls lax and football. The complaints and whispering never stops.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Becky Thron's YJ team last year was a joke, and so was her practices. She spent half the practice on her cell phone. Especially when the practices were moved to Brentwood and Carol wasn't around. Out of 10 practices she maybe attended 6-7, missed a tournament, and was non existent at the Mitchel Field Tournament. The team needed a lot of work and rather than put it in, she threw in the towel early. Rather than develop talent, she would rather inherit it. Thank god she left to coach another team (not that the new ones will be any better).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have had enough. I am a ESM parent who can say my kid was not treated the best but you people are embarrassing us. When I heard you were all over this site I find myself now defending the coach stop it enough. Lets deal with this like adults. So embarrassed to say I am from ESM

As you should be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you'll see it's more than just one dad. the fact that the dean of students allows it to go on makes it even scarier. surprised you dragged him into the conversation.

He wouldn't that's why you know it's all BS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does the Dean of Students have a kid on the team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
L

watch him start separating himself from it as she goes down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only thing hidden was the unhappy parents circling like sharks when they saw an opportunity to go run to the parent of a child who was pulled out of a game to try to get them on their side to get rid of coach. We all know who they are now. Do they think all of a sudden when the new coach is here things will change? I assume the next coach will put the strongest players out there also. Just like ESM football this year. I assume they put the strongest team out on the field. Facebook posts like crazy how the team was winning and making history. It was great! Loved that the football team was so successful! It brings a community together. So what was one parent on the football team whispering to anyone who would listen, "- my kid is a better more athletic quarterback than who they have out there" same parent now complaining about girls lax team and younger kids playing over hers. It's exhausting and tiresome to hear all the time has no one passes to her son in lax and now girls lax and football. The complaints and whispering never stops.

you're completely missing the point. not about playing time or wins and losses. You don't get it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course!!! Appropriate isn't it? Not!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have kids been quitting? I've heard stories but wonder if girls are giving up lax because of this coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This sounds like nothing that a class B championship can't fix.

The question I have is that one of the posters said that when the new coach comes it will be the same thing? Is a new coach coming or is someone stirring the pot?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BINGO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe your daughter isn't getting enough attention at home that she needs to be coddled by her Varsity lacrosse coach. How about teaching your daughter to get some thicker skin. Who wants a coach that says it's okay honey everytime they screw up that's not the making of a great player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BINGO

Bingo what? She's the team USA u19 goalie. #1 goalie recruit in the nation going to notre dame. Tell me now how having him there is a problem for you all. Someone deleted the daddy coach comment-probably realized it was a silly thing to post. He's a well-respected member of the community and people love having him there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays at a different HS who played ESM today, and I have to say I was somewhat surprised at what BT was willing to yell out loud. It was somewhat on the borderline between "bullying" and being an extremely harsh coach. She said things such as, "how are we supposed to play offense if you don't know how to catch" to a very talented player who made one mistake, and something along the lines of "figure it out dammit" when they gave up an 8 meter to my daughter's team. Now I don't think this is grounds for being fired, but maybe someone at the school should encourage her to be more positive to her players, rather than belittle them. I am a big fan of tough love, but to an extent. Maybe instead of screaming out loud that a player can't catch, pull her off to the side and give her a tip to fix her mistake, or even take her out of the game for a bit if you're that angry.

Negativity and berating players should not become the norm for these high school programs. High School is a crucial time in young players' lives and it is important for them to use this time to gain confidence and learn fundamentals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The question I have is that one of the posters said that when the new coach comes it will be the same thing? Is a new coach coming or is someone stirring the pot?

In the five years she has been head coach,ESM has won two county championships under this coach and lost in the counties last year. Before she got there, the farthest ESM made if was first round of playoffs. She's the real deal and knows what she's doing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BINGO

Bingo what? She's the team USA u19 goalie. #1 goalie recruit in the nation going to notre dame. Tell me now how having him there is a problem for you all. Someone deleted the daddy coach comment-probably realized it was a silly thing to post. He's a well-respected member of the community and people love having him there.

Nothing bad against his daughter. She's a great player. But he got BT the job at ESM because she coached his daughters YJ team. Too close to be impartial to the situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays at a different HS who played ESM today, and I have to say I was somewhat surprised at what BT was willing to yell out loud. It was somewhat on the borderline between "bullying" and being an extremely harsh coach. She said things such as, "how are we supposed to play offense if you don't know how to catch" to a very talented player who made one mistake, and something along the lines of "figure it out dammit" when they gave up an 8 meter to my daughter's team. Now I don't think this is grounds for being fired, but maybe someone at the school should encourage her to be more positive to her players, rather than belittle them. I am a big fan of tough love, but to an extent. Maybe instead of screaming out loud that a player can't catch, pull her off to the side and give her a tip to fix her mistake, or even take her out of the game for a bit if you're that angry.

Negativity and berating players should not become the norm for these high school programs. High School is a crucial time in young players' lives and it is important for them to use this time to gain confidence and learn fundamentals.

ESM didn't have a game today but thanks for your input...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have kids been quitting? I've heard stories but wonder if girls are giving up lax because of this coach.

No one quit because of this coach. In fact, no one quit at all. Now I'm sure if a girl decided not to play lacrosse this year - the parents who are trying to get her out because their kids didn't play will say if course the girl quit because of the coach. This is not true. And we should be dealing with the 2014-2015 season. Digging up players from five years ago who didn't like the coach seems desperate to me. Even last year the players came on this board and defended BT. It's amazing the lengths a grown adult with a grudge will go to get rid of this coach. Just as a side note so you all know what we are dealing with here, the last three coaches this parent had a hand In removing accused the coaches of saying inappropriate things to the girls. Notice a pattern here? It's the easiest way to get someone removed. Sad for coaches of all sports. As a supporter of this coach I say run as fast as you can. Why trade your happiness for this harassment? The girls will be heartbroken but you deserve better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is there apparently only one person defending this coach? There appears to be many more people who confirm the negative points. Just an observation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His daughter is undeniably GREAt. However he used his position and influence to have his daughter moved up from a junior high level and take the position of several girls in years past to help develop his daughter. Those girls lost out on a once in a lifetime opportunity, which is to play high school sports with friends.
Not such a great guy and not as well respected as some may think.
Perception is a funny thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oops not sure why I wrote today, meant to write recently...I guess old age is kicking in earlier than usual lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like mike let him coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

oh that's nothing for her. you should hear what she says when everyone can't hear her!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the five years she has been head coach,ESM has won two county championships under this coach and lost in the counties last year. Before she got there, the farthest ESM made if was first round of playoffs. She's the real deal and knows what she's doing.

nobody said she can't win. maybe the strong youth program that somebody actually blamed for the problems has something to do with the success.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard