BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 66 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 65 66
Re: Looney's Boys Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Who where the strongest offense of players on crabs 2020?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think some of the Crabs 2020 players drove themselves home.

No way those kids were 12/13 years old. Ridicules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fca is not there. Keep trying
Fca is not there. Keep trying

Really fca has beaten you the last three years. Face it overrated and have poor coaching. Fca is better- looneys dad. Is this the dad that has no neck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments has fca won? I haven't seen them around much

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They beat you, so they must be cheating, right? Pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No they are old enough.They must be driving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are all good!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ridicules, what I think is ridicules is that adults is on a forum bashing 12/13 year old kids and spells like a nine year old kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are all good!

Crab parents, it's pathetic that you feel the need to hold your kids back because they cannot play with kids there own age. For the legitimate parents of correct age kids, how does it feel to have your boys play on a team that cheats?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sad reality is that alot of these kids that hold back and are on the elite teams actually are very good players, but their parents want them to look like great players. So it really screws the very good players that are not hold backs, but now are pushed down from prominant starters to role players. Where is the justice in that? Yes, shallow victories knowing that your team had more and better hold backs than the other teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are all good!

Crab parents, it's pathetic that you feel the need to hold your kids back because they cannot play with kids there own age. For the legitimate parents of correct age kids, how does it feel to have your boys play on a team that cheats?

looney toon parent, i'm sure there is a hold back somewhere in that roster, how does it feel to "cheat" and still lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of you are crazy. It was a great game that either team could have one. Be thankful baltimore has two good 2020 teams. Enjoy it. They will play each other a lot more over the years. Now go spend time with your mama on Mother's Day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When Crabs go to World series of lacrosse they have to present birth certificates that support actual 2020's that'll be fun

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
All the kids on crabs 2020 can go to Denver

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When Crabs go to World series of lacrosse they have to present birth certificates that support actual 2020's that'll be fun

They have already figured that one out. Won't be an issue for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More than 2 in Baltimore. Fca,breakers Hawks are rt there too.
Baltimore 2020 rankings in order.
Crabs
Fca
Breakers
Looneys
Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try as of now, crabs, looneys, fca, breakers, roughriders, hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean to tell me there isn't one crab kid that was born before 5/1/2000? Not one?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breakers beat FCA 9-4 in league play. The order is Crabs, Looneys, breakers, FCA, Hawks. There are several kids on Crabs 2020 that are not 5/1 or after. FCAs tourney team brings several kids down from 2019 - some true 2020s and some hold backs. No sure about Looneys. Breakers are all 5/1 or after. Currently no holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Youthlaxman

Being able to go to Denver and being a legitimate 2020 (born after 05/01/2001 - for this tournament) are not the same thing. I have seen these kids close up, no way they are 13/14.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Youthlaxman]All the kids on crabs 2020 can go to Denver

Being able to go to Denver and being a legitimate 2020 (born after 05/01/2001 - for this tournament) are not the same thing. I have seen these kids close up, no way they are 13/14.

Yea right, they are 15 -16 year olds. No wait, they only paly like their 15-16 year olds. Get a grip. Appreciate good players and good lax and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed-not only their size which there is a possibility that they could be tall for their age but their physical development is beyond a 13/14 year old. Unfortunately nothing anyone can do about it - teams that play them just have to accept the fact that at least 1/2 the team is a year to two older. Just their way and when you take that into account they are not really that good. Ryan just needs to win by manipulating the system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Youthlaxman

Just how big are these kids? If you are pulling from a fairly wide area it wouldn't be that hard to have several kids approaching 6 feet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea right, they are 15 -16 year olds. No wait, they only paly like their 15-16 year olds. Get a grip. Appreciate good players and good lax and move on.

Well, look at it this way...statistically, how many 13 year olds are 6' tall or more, probably not many, right. Given that, how could they have 4-5 of them in one group of 20?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glad you finally fessed up but to be fair would say they are more like 14 and 15 year olds. Nothing to appreciate when they need to manipulate the rules and
are not thatgood when legitimate 2020s are within 1-2 goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, look at it this way...statistically, how many 13 year olds are 6' tall or more, probably not many, right. Given that, how could they have 4-5 of them in one group of 20?

There are usually one or two at each middle school that play lacrosse. Pull from several middle schools and it wouldn't be hard at all. My son's 2020 team doesn't have any holdbacks and it has several kids that are 5'10 or taller.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Add one from out of state like looneys did. They are always one step ahead on their thinking process.

He did not perform as one would have thought in their game against crabs this weekend for flying him up from Florida. A shame what 13 year old lacrosse has become.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are usually one or two at each middle school that play lacrosse. Pull from several middle schools and it wouldn't be hard at all. My son's 2020 team doesn't have any holdbacks and it has several kids that are 5'10 or taller.

Not sure what middle school you are looking at but there are no 6 footers in our middle school much less 6 footers in 7th grade that play lacrosse. Maybe if they are holdbacks but even then the likelihood of all of the tall kids being able to play at an elite level it is a long shot. Crabs prides itself on holdbacks and encourages it -no judgment but let's not deny it either. Several of their 2020s tower over their coaches who are not small men.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5'10' sure, 6'1,190' and singing baritone in the Crabs choir, um...no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As usual, your simpleton attempt at stats fails. Kids who are playing athletics are not the same as a normal sample of kids, let alone athletes playing at a high level. It is easily possible for an elite youth team to have kids larger, faster, stronger, etc. than most kids at that age.

Keep on crying, dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a 2018 that played on the Crabs U13 team two years ago and half that team was between 5'9" and 5'11". They could have passed as a basketball team in comparison to most teams and there were no holdbacks on the U13 level two years ago. If you are attracting most of the best players within a 50 mile radius, they typically are going to be more advanced than the average kids. "Bigger, Faster, Stronger!" Then you throw the holdbacks into the current class based scenario, having 6' kids in that class is understandable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it's ok to fly in a player from Florida but not to have kids that are 6'. What does US lacrosse have to say about recruiting players from 1000+ miles away for your youth team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it's ok to fly in a player from Florida but not to have kids that are 6'. What does US lacrosse have to say about recruiting players from 1000+ miles away for your youth team?

Remember, it's only cheating if someone else does it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As usual, your simpleton attempt at stats fails. Kids who are playing athletics are not the same as a normal sample of kids, let alone athletes playing at a high level. It is easily possible for an elite youth team to have kids larger, faster, stronger, etc. than most kids at that age.

Keep on crying, dad.

Not crying, just SMH. The CDC publishes data on this. At the 95th percentile a 13 year old boy is approximately 5'7 145#. A 6'+ 13 year old is off the charts - 99.999999 percentile. Four of them in a group of 20? Don't think so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep on crying, dad.

Not crying, just SMH. The CDC publishes data on this. At the 95th percentile a 13 year old boy is approximately 5'7 145#. A 6'+ 13 year old is off the charts - 99.999999 percentile. Four of them in a group of 20? Don't think so.

A few points:
Your number is an exaggeration even given the numbers you use. See http://reference.medscape.com/calculator/height-age-percentile-boys for yourself.

Holdbacks or not the age of an elite team is going to skew higher so 13.5 or more is a better age to use. Older kids are simply more likely to make the team.

The lacrosse demographic is wealthier than average so it probably skews taller and the CDC table isn't reflective of the actual players

A player in helmet and cleats is going to look taller than he is.

Using the CDC tables approximately 1% of 13.5 year old boys are going to be 5' 10 or taller. Using 14 as an age it is more like 3.5%.

Given that the teams are selected by tryouts from a well nourished demographic, it doesn't seem unreasonable that an elite team would have several players that are as large as grown men when they are playing even if they were all 13-14 years old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Youthlaxman]All the kids on crabs 2020 can go to Denver

Keep on crying, dad.

A few points:
Your number is an exaggeration even given the numbers you use. See http://reference.medscape.com/calculator/height-age-percentile-boys for yourself.

Holdbacks or not the age of an elite team is going to skew higher so 13.5 or more is a better age to use. Older kids are simply more likely to make the team.

The lacrosse demographic is wealthier than average so it probably skews taller and the CDC table isn't reflective of the actual players

Using the CDC tables approximately 1% of 13.5 year old boys are going to be 5' 10 or taller. Using 14 as an age it is more like 3.5%.

Given that the teams are selected by tryouts from a well nourished demographic, it doesn't seem unreasonable that an elite team would have several players that are as large as grown men when they are playing even if they were all 13-14 years old.

Badda Bing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep on crying, dad.

A few points:

And the 2 - 6 Footers that Looney's has will be Crabs next year. If their smart.....Oh and if they can play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would suggest having your boys not use molded cleats, instead have them opt for 1-1/2 screw ins

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just know what I see when I see those kids beside any other 7th grade team.

I guess we'll just have to see who's on the roster in Denver.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep on crying, dad.

A few points:

And the 2 - 6 Footers that Looney's has will be Crabs next year. If their smart.....Oh and if they can play.

This is comical that you need to go through an entire justification for a club that is well known and openly admits to having a large majority of holdbacks. Not the kid's fault - blame the parents and the coaches who feel they need to do this and then justify it. No need to argue - it is the team's way and the rest of the clubs simply need to understand it is the coaches and the parents choice to teach their kids this mentality.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 66 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 65 66
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard