BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 v3.0
User
User
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by America's Game
I guess there is no reason to continue this conversation because you will rebuff any accomplishments and say weak program.

I don't think the program in question is weak, I dont think the competition he played was weak (some sure, not all) but that is only one persons opinion.

Again I really don't know the program he plays for. I also don't have an issue with the kid. All the power to him. [b] I have a problem when events hold a tryout and a player is given a free pass. When a parent implies he is entitled to it is BS.[/b] I gave examples of great programs as a reference to historically lacrosse rich town with major success. In the rare occasion do they bring up 8th graders. All that is asked by the parents is a fair and transparent tryout process. This was very far from it. It has happened all too often.

Always have a rebuttal
Leave it alone
Everything thing you say I don't believe - liar
Xanex xanex xenex is good for those who are unbalanced

Move On, Same Could've Happened @ Other Showcases.

Easy now big fella. I suggest you take some of the Xanex and find a nearby piece of furniture to rest on. Know what I mean?

Back of the Cage
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2,4,6,8 who really cares about rankings of 2019 kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No sleeping here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets do a club ranking List top 10.

I got
1.Madlax
2.Dukes
3.Team 91
4. Li Express
5. Crabs
6. 3D
7. Sweet Lax
8. Fca
9.thunder
10. Mesa Fresh

Madlax and Dukes are the kings of overaged players. No doubt they would be highly ranked.

Since tryouts last summer/fall, FCA has beaten Madlax, 91 and 3d NE. Their only loss was to Express in OT. Express has beaten Dukes and 91 has beaten Crabs. I think Crabs and Madlax play this weekend.

Laxachusetts deserves to be on this list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only real issue is that he was put on a team without going thru the process like everyone else. It gives Brine no credence
At all. The kid is not at fault only the powers in charge. legacy took over Brine and this looks and smells bad and it would be very hard to dispute . that and the fact 19 kids from 91 made the team or alternates.They added two 2020 kids to the alternates o make it look like the younger kids should try out and have a shot..one more thing..if you dont think they left out the clubs the alternates play for on purpose then you are naive ..they learned their lesson when they put out the kids that made the team..I guess they are getting smarter

I agree. There is a lot wrong with the process, we can only hope they acknowledge the mistakes that were made and try to do better next time. As for the alternates, the two 2020 deserved those spots. The fogo was the second best performer at that tryout (in other years two fogos are taken to the first team) . The other 2020 kid had an excellent tryout as well, standing out. Many of the other alternates play for Legacy and could have easily made the first team based on their performance at the tryout. You would expect most kids to be from Express or 91, because those are the two dominant teams from LI. I would expect that next year you will see a few Legacy kids make it. Good luck to all the boys who attended the Pride of LI games. On any given day any of you could have been selected.

It would be a breath of fresh air to have some new talent showcased and acknowledged. I believe that's why people sour on these kind of events. It's kind of like the 91 and Express tryouts...teams are already preselected even if you beat their better players. I know of many talented players who did not attend this event because of the shenanigans of having players make the team who did not go to tryouts. We've all seen this before at team tryouts. This is why people get angry. There are plenty of talented players out there that don't play for 91, Express or even Legacy. Perhaps they carry a weaker team but make no mistake they are talented. These events just recirculate and promote the big club players. It would be refreshing to have an unbiased event.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has 1......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I got
1.Madlax
2.Dukes
3.Team 91
4. Li Express
5. Crabs
6. 3D
7. Sweet Lax
8. Fca
9.thunder
10. Mesa Fresh

Madlax and Dukes are the kings of overaged players. No doubt they would be highly ranked.

Express North?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good point .a majority of the 81 kids are from Suffolk not all but are you going to tell me that Suffolk kids are that much better then Nassau kids ..The answer is no ..The better ones out there play for 91 while in Nassau county it is more spread out..No reason to feed into 91-express so called national
Team . Don't waste your kids time or money..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think anyone who has a problem with the try out should contact Brine directly. Their name is associated with this event and I'm sure they would like to know what's going on.

I'm in agreement you have to be at tryout to make team or be on the alternate list if he's a Stud player.

All the crying about 3 kids missing the tryout, it was only one. He missed because of a Varsity game. He plays VARSITY lacrosse as an 8th Grader. I think that has to be a valid excuse for a middle school tryout. Every kid on list deserving.

Who cares what he plays. He wasn't at the tryout, and shouldn't be on the roster.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I saw that someone said they saw the list on a website. You may post the list of names only. I spoke to the head honcho and it will be approved any bs will be not allowed.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last Name

First Name

City

State

Pos

Year

Here is the list of alternates, I deleted the parent names:

Arline

Xavier

Wading River

Ny

A

Guglielmo

Robert

Wantagh

Ny

A

Hoffman

John

Smithtown

Ny

A

Puccio

William

Garden City

Ny

A

Rogan

Thomas

North Merrick

Ny

A

Ryan

Jack

Garden City

Ny

A

Alexander

Michael

West Islip

Ny

D

Hawkinson

Caden

Lloyd Harbor

Ny

D

Levey

Anthony

East Islip

Ny

D

Oneill

Patrick

East Setauket

Ny

D

Arceri

Christopher

St. James

Ny

Fogo

Degennaro

Devin

Islip

Ny

G

Teitelbaum

Colton

Upper Brookville

Ny

G

Filardi Jr.

Gerald

Dix Hills

Ny

Lsm

Pascarella

Salvatore

Dix Hills

Ny

Lsm

Carere

Michael

Oakdale

Ny

M

Frank

Spencer

Hauppauge

Ny

M

Giovinco

Andrew

Syosset

Ny

M

Hamilton

Patrick

Saint James

Ny

M

Hewlette

Justin

Bay Shore

Ny

M

Hickis

Richard

Farmingdale

Ny

M

Muldoon

Jack

Garden City

Ny

M

Velez

Marcus

East Setauket

Ny

M

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good point .a majority of the 81 kids are from Suffolk not all but are you going to tell me that Suffolk kids are that much better then Nassau kids ..The answer is no ..The better ones out there play for 91 while in Nassau county it is more spread out..No reason to feed into 91-express so called national
Team . Don't waste your kids time or money..

Is this the correct roster of those kids that actually made the Brine Team?

Charles Andrea M Upper Brookville Ny 2019 Locust Valley Igloo
Edward Arnold D Manhasset Ny 2019 Manhasset Long Island Express
Blake Behlen M Commack Ny 2019 Commack Team 91
Deuce Bernstein A Scarsdale Ny 2019 Scarsdale Long Island Express
Kenny Brower D Massapequa Ny 2019 Massapequa Team 91
Justin Brown M Dix Hills Ny 2019 Candlewood Team 91
Gregory Campisi Lsm Farmingdale Ny 2019 Howitt Team 91
Frankie Ciniglio D Setauket Ny 2019 Ward Melville Team 91
Sean Derby Lsm Seaford Ny 2019 Seaford Long Island Express
Connor Drake M Wilton Ct 2019 Wilton Long Island Express
Liam Entenmann G Massapequa Ny 2019 The Green Vale Long Island Express
A.J. Galassi G Garden City Ny 2019 Weber Team 91
Chris Glynn M Manhasset Ny 2019 Manhasset Long Island Express
Reilly Gray M Point Lookout Ny 2019 Kellenberg Long Island Express
Michael Herber Fogo St. James Ny 2019 Smithtown East Legacy
Sam Lutfi A Massapequa Ny 2019 Massapequa Team 91
Jack Monfort M Syosset Ny 2019 Syosset Long Island Express
Christian Mule A Dix Hills Ny 2019 Half Hollows Hills West Team 91
Connor O’Reilly D Medford Ny 2019 Pat-Med
Tj Rohach M Monroe Ct 2019 Jockey Hollow Ct Bulldogs
Jack Rooney A Syosset Ny 2019 Syosset Team 91
Robbie Sarraga A Bay Shore Ny 2019 Bay Shore Legacy
Cooper Trepeta M Locust Valley Ny 2019 Locust Valley Igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is comical putting out names now on here...opening kids up ...Please take them down..people will be all over them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What parents had the power to change the date from
Sat to Friday night..He must be the one deciding who
Makes the team or not..Nobody asked me what works..Why ask
Anyone

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
This is comical putting out names now on here...opening kids up ...Please take them down..people will be all over them

We as moderators will not allow for any negativity. This roster is posted in a number of places on the internet. Regardless of the BS with the tryout these boys earned their spots and deserve recognition. All the boys that tried out were good players and deserving of a spot. These are the boys that stood out and were selected to represent LI. Lets see if they add another team as they have in the past.

Last edited by America's Game; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You say earned their spots...you can say most did but you can't argue that some didn't and having their name on here without showing up is a flaw that everyone on here knows but don't know the name of the kids that werent there that made the team..that's the problem

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You say earned their spots...you can say most did but you can't argue that some didn't and having their name on here without showing up is a flaw that everyone on here knows but don't know the name of the kids that werent there that made the team..that's the problem

I have expressed my concern about the issues with the tryout. I will not deprive those who deserve praise because of a flaw in the system. All these boys represent Long Island and I can assure you they will play their tails off and bring home another first place trophy. Good luck to all the boys this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I got
1.Madlax
2.Dukes
3.Team 91
4. Li Express
5. Crabs
6. 3D
7. Sweet Lax
8. Fca
9.thunder
10. Mesa Fresh

Express North?

Ummmm....No.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First place will be easy no matter who
Goes...what was Brines response?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have expressed my concern about the issues with the tryout. I will not deprive those who deserve praise because of a flaw in the system. All these boys represent Long Island and I can assure you they will play their tails off and bring home another first place trophy. Good luck to all the boys this summer.
If it's a Long Island Team, why are there players that are not from Long Island on it? I don't have a kid that was cut because of it, but it seems strange.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brine had no response to me. They took my money real quick, but it's been days now without an answer. I have also talked to several from both lists who say they are not attending for different reasons. Some who are in key positions. Don't be surprised if additional kids get an invite.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Brine had no response to me. They took my money real quick, but it's been days now without an answer. I have also talked to several from both lists who say they are not attending for different reasons. Some who are in key positions. Don't be surprised if additional kids get an invite.

I was under the impression that Brine does not post the names unless the player has accepted and registered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was under the impression that Brine does not post the names unless the player has accepted and registered.

Just talking about the boys on the two selection lists. They will need to reach out to others to complete the roster, before the official is posted. I believe today is the deadline to respond.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what I don't understand is why they posted the first list on their website for all to see and then sent the second list privately to the players so nobody else can see !!!??? where is the real final ???? And why if they tried out and made the team would kids not go ? Jake Reed starts when Brine ends

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake REED AND BRINE are the same week
what I don't understand is why they posted the first list on their website for all to see and then sent the second list privately to the players so nobody else can see !!!??? where is the real final ???? And why if they tried out and made the team would kids not go ? Jake Reed starts when Brine ends

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Several kids are going to JR, a much more important event for them as it is an important recruting event and Brine has ltitle value there. 2020 kids are going to Warrior world series of lacrosse. These other events purposely conflict with Brine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The alternate list was NOT published on the Internet till someone put it here.
It was only sent by email

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes and I am sure the parents selected for both did or are doing their homework to be able to do both events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one was really worried about the 2020 kids believe me..they are never a factor with Brine.. Alot of kids never flew down for Jake reed luckily otherwise no one would be able to play Brine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First place will be easy no matter who
Goes...what was Brines response?

You play the games on the field, nothing is easy till it's over. If you have played some of these other regions you will know it is a 3-4 horse race.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It should be simple .if you make Jake Reed that is all you should be thinking about no questions asked .and no one should question you going

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes they are both the same week but one is Monday to Thursday and the other is Thursday on so there is no conflict

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let me get this right if you weren't at the tryout .. injured or sick its's "TOUGH LUCK" and if you know someone it's "GOOD LUCK" thats just wrong !!

BRINE should NOT allow anyone who wasn't at the tryout to be on the final team if thats the rule !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think you would rather be fresh for Jake Reed. Obviously that one had a legit tryout system compared to Brine and is way more prestigious and meaningful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes they are both the same week but one is Monday to Thursday and the other is Thursday on so there is no conflict

Wrong. Brine championship day is the first day of JR. And then you need travel time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think you would rather be fresh for Jake Reed. Obviously that one had a legit tryout system compared to Brine and is way more prestigious and meaningful.

You think JR tryout system is flaw free ? Guess again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the uneducated, what is so great about Jake Reed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And your concerned about this? Why?
Are you doing both?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. Brine championship day is the first day of JR. And then you need travel time.

There is a lot to consider if you were selected to do both. There is a carry over of a day. Championship day Brine to Sign-in and first practice for JR.

I think the issue is, is it too much for a player to do both. It is an individual issue. Some may be able to do it others maybe not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the kids dad who was selected is an evaluator who coaches with the same kids dad who was the exception. All of your complaining isn't going to change the results so just move on and realize you got punked if you believe your boy was or is better.

Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard