BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Long Island Dunedawgs 2019 - Seeking Midfielder
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Due to an injury to one of our middies on the 2019 dunedawgs team, we are searching for a replacement.

Contact the Dune Dawgs at havocdunedawgs@gmail.com if you are interested in discussing this opportunity and any issues regarding costs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Long Island Dunedawgs 2019 - Seeking Midfielder
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you still seeking a 2019 middie?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out our web-site www.havocddlax.com for the updated tryout flyer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Due to an injury to one of our middies on the 2019 dunedawgs team, we are searching for a replacement.

Contact the Dune Dawgs at havocdunedawgs@gmail.com if you are interested in discussing this opportunity and any issues regarding costs.

Why not just grab another 91 player so you can have a complete 91 middie line on your Dune Dawg team. Seems much easier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guys you are referring to played for the dune dawgs before got on with 91. And they play for the 91 4th grade. Stop the nonsense and worry about your son's team please...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Why not just grab another 91 player so you can have a complete 91 middie line on your Dune Dawg team. Seems much easier.

Sounds like a bitter 91 parent...91 isn't the end all be all of travel lacrosse there are other teams out there...and maybe just maybe someone thinks there is a better team out there, hence why they went to Dunedawgs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW! You're a jerk!

Just an FYI...one of the BOYS you're referring to played for the DUNE DAWGS BEFORE he played for 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW! You're a jerk!

Just an FYI...one of the BOYS you're referring to played for the DUNE DAWGS BEFORE he played for 91

If he played for the Dune Dawgs prior to going to 91, why did he than join 91? Whats wrong with the Dune Dawgs team? Maybe the Dune Dawgs are not giving him what they are looking for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Program is weak , struggling , and each week theres

a different turn on whats going on.

Speaking with the majority of the DD members parents

theres nothing desirable about program other then location

of there practices which majority of members are from that

locality. But i am sure that most of you who read this who

are the watchdogs for this program will not admit it.

Sounds like a bitter 91 parent...91 isn't the end all be all of travel lacrosse there are other teams out there...and maybe just maybe someone thinks there is a better team out there, hence why they went to Dunedawgs.

Last edited by CageSage; .
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Here we go again with the crap. As I've said before, the program had no intentions of playing spring ball; therefore, because you don't see the teams out playing you feel it is struggling. As for your DD parents who are commenting about the program, sometimes you just can't please everyone. I have no complaints regarding the program. It just amazes me that you would come on here, waste your time discussing a program other than the one you have your son or daughter belong to. I would never make a statement about the other programs unless it was within the context of discussing the DD's.

Quote me one desireability about playing for one of the other organizations...... From where I see it, in middle school, NONE.. Been there, Done That!!!!

If you are familiar with the 5th grade DD's, you know who I am, come and find me. We can discuss this a bit further!!!!! Don't be anonymous! Grow a set!!!!

As I always say, good luck to your boy and his team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the sounds of your response of here we go again with this crap please explain That has this been ongoing ?
Why are you jumping on the ban wagon like 91 and express with tryouts ?
Thought you guys were apart from there ethics ?
Isn't that what you preached ?
Not about money ?

Originally Posted by LaxDad#14

Here we go again with the crap. As I've said before, the program had no intentions of playing spring ball; therefore, because you don't see the teams out playing you feel it is struggling. As for your DD parents who are commenting about the program, sometimes you just can't please everyone. I have no complaints regarding the program. It just amazes me that you would come on here, waste your time discussing a program other than the one you have your son or daughter belong to. I would never make a statement about the other programs unless it was within the context of discussing the DD's.

Quote me one desireability about playing for one of the other organizations...... From where I see it, in middle school, NONE.. Been there, Done That!!!!

If you are familiar with the 5th grade DD's, you know who I am, come and find me. We can discuss this a bit further!!!!! Don't be anonymous! Grow a set!!!!

As I always say, good luck to your boy and his team.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
An open note : This thread is intended for the Dune Dawgs 2019 tea seeking a midfielder.

Discussions covering club or team issues should be directed to the main message board.

The Tryouts Forum is intended as a meeting place for teams and potential players/families without the usual side chatter. In other words, BOTC tries to keep the Tryouts Forum about the tryouts themselves rather than analyses of the programs.

Thanks for your cooperation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Dune Dawgs had hoped to play in a Spring league that played on Friday nights at Dowling. Not enough interest to get a league going They cant play in a Sat league because their coaching staff is basically the Dowling lax coaches and players and they are playing on Sat. This program basicly goes MIA during lax season due to this, fine by me, my kid is busy playing Town ball, 3 practices and one game per week. Their not perfect, do a few things I do not like, but I have felt the coaching and clinics to be excellent. For those looking for a travel team with not as much commitment an half the money and lives out east this is a good organization. i know a few 91 kids left to play for them for whatever reason, seems to be some bad blood over that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aside from the 5th grade team, the program is weak. We were at there first tryout. One of the directors will promise you the world. If you want cool uniforms and the ability to say your kid plays travel lacrosse, than by all means they will be glad to take your money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dune Dawg's is all about the money, they just want to get rich coaching Lax but there's not enough population all the out on long iland so the program suffers its for farmer's who's kid play's lacrosse , the price of gas alone kill's it for parents, so long dune dawgs it won't be long you'll be call the dead dawg's

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The Dune Dawgs had hoped to play in a Spring league that played on Friday nights at Dowling. Not enough interest to get a league going They cant play in a Sat league because their coaching staff is basically the Dowling lax coaches and players and they are playing on Sat. This program basicly goes MIA during lax season due to this, fine by me, my kid is busy playing Town ball, 3 practices and one game per week. Their not perfect, do a few things I do not like, but I have felt the coaching and clinics to be excellent. For those looking for a travel team with not as much commitment an half the money and lives out east this is a good organization. i know a few 91 kids left to play for them for whatever reason, seems to be some bad blood over that.

I think this is a fair assessment of the program so far. If your child is playing town ball there is only so much time. I've welcomed my child having time to play another sport besides just lacrosse. As with all new programs, there are kinks to be worked out. With that being said, I know the kids are going to get quality coaching.... Good luck to all!!!!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Dune Dawg's is all about the money, they just want to get rich coaching Lax but there's not enough population all the out on long iland so the program suffers its for farmer's who's kid play's lacrosse , the price of gas alone kill's it for parents, so long dune dawgs it won't be long you'll be call the dead dawg's

The typical pompous, arrogant, and inclusive attitude which affects the sport today!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow well spoken(not) Fact is that most parents would waste more time and gas driving into Nassau sitting in traffic then driving out to Dowling. This isn't 1960 the east end is pretty populated now I am sure there isn't a shortage of quality players out there not just farmers kids anymore. Why do people feel the need to bash other peoples clubs...SO lets just say for arguments sake that 91 was the only club team....who would you play against in the spring and to scrimmage?? The reason some of the best tournaments are here is because Long Island has so much to offer lacrosse wise. What out of state team is going to want to come here to play 91 and nobody else. Why can't you just leave it at you have your team and they have theirs...they are both good and you can wait until summer to see who is better...ON THE FIELD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aside from the 5th grade team, the program is weak. We were at there first tryout. One of the directors will promise you the world. If you want cool uniforms and the ability to say your kid plays travel lacrosse, than by all means they will be glad to take your money.

Believe it or not some kids who are not great at lax still love to play it. Believe it or not many people live out east. Taylor has made it clear that this a DEVELOPMENTAL program. I had a friend who turned down Havoc because he went with a far more competitive program where he is their face off guy.Good for him, my son is an A team town kid but not a dominant player at the highest level. Havoc Dawgs has made him much better. Dowling my be a D2 school but they run a great program and are dominating the competition. Many believe their face off guy is one of the best in the Country, he coaches HDD as well. They are far less then most programs and I think they have found a nice nitch.I want to see my kid have fun and get better , at a reasonable price as well. They offer that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You a correct dowling does have The best tournaments on long iland NOT wake up, how can most people waste time driving to nassu when that's where they come from , dune dawgs program is way out east (William Floyd pwy) most people from nassu don't know or care where that is,if you moved all the way out there to save a buck during the realestate boom what ever money your saving with the dune dawgs you lost in your house.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You a correct dowling does have The best tournaments on long iland NOT wake up, how can most people waste time driving to nassu when that's where they come from , dune dawgs program is way out east (William Floyd pwy) most people from nassu don't know or care where that is,if you moved all the way out there to save a buck during the realestate boom what ever money your saving with the dune dawgs you lost in your house.

You're a dope! You are honestly trying to say that majority of people playing club ball come from Nassau...there are plenty of great players from suffolk and I am pretty sure they all play club ball. And I never said DOWLING had the best tournaments....I said LONG ISLAND has some of the best tournaments...learn to read. Everyone likes different programs for different reasons...some people like programs just because it is where everyone else goes so they follow because they cant think for themselves. Dune Dawgs parents and players are happy with the dune dawgs....if they weren't they would play someplace else. 91 people like 91 and so on...all of these teams are what make LI a lacrosse hotbed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There some very expensive areas out east my friend. Maybe some people do not want to be able to hear their neighbor fart if his window is open. Not to mention if you live in ST James, Head of the Harbor, Smithtown Etc your drive to Dowling is cloer and more pleasant then to Nassau. Not to mention 91 runs how many clinics in Hauppauge and Smithtown ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They most likely do not play somewhere else because they are not good enough. Dune Dawgs is perfect for those parents who want to say there kids are on a travel team and are willing to fork over the money. Dune Dawgs will gladly take it with a smile on their face. Without good training/coaching you are wasting your money. Let's see what parents say when the summer season is over?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey isnt Talylor the coach of all the teams??

Where do i sign up?

Did is miss the boat?

Or is that what was sold to the "happy parents" you claim when they forked over the money. How many Taylors are there? Enough to go around?

Love to see post about fictional when its fact !

They most likely do not play somewhere else because they are not good enough. Dune Dawgs is perfect for those parents who want to say there kids are on a travel team and are willing to fork over the money. Dune Dawgs will gladly take it with a smile on their face. Without good training/coaching you are wasting your money. Let's see what parents say when the summer season is over?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for 91. I am fortunate enough to have crossed paths with Coach Taylor. Even though it was only for a few games here and there to fill in years ago.
He truly enjoys teaching kids how to play the game.
There is a home for everyone and even though you may not agree, wherever people choose to play is the right decision for them. There is no right or wrong.
Keep up the good work Mike. you're a class act.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am pretty sure that the Dune Dawgs went undefeated in all the tournaments they entered last year. So how do you explain that? what did they play 2nd graders? you choose to play someplace else....good for you...Doesn't make the DD a wrong choice and it also doesn't make them a less competitive team. all the travel teams out their are creating new teams to accomodate the amount of kids wanting to play...soon enough 91 will have Orange White Navy Grey purple...as many teams as they need to to take the cash.Are you the end all be all of lax players or if you are a parent you must think your kid is. If you are a player you should be out practicing...if you are a parent why don't you just worry about your kid and let their skill speak for itself on the field this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea Glenn head,Lattingtown,Brookville,Upper brookville,what are you talking about farts,East end has the highest percentage of mortgage foreclosers things are falling apart all the way out there, You and the dune dawg farmers can keep it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What? Are you seriously insulting 1/2 of Long Island? Get a life! Everyone picks a travel team for their own personal reasons. At the end of the day it's about the KIDS not a bunch of blow-hard arrogant parents who wouldn't know a talented athlete if they tripped over them.
Havoc Dune Dawgs is about the KIDS.
Now go get yourself a life!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea Glenn head,Lattingtown,Brookville,Upper brookville,what are you talking about farts,East end has the highest percentage of mortgage foreclosers things are falling apart all the way out there, You and the dune dawg farmers can keep it

the largest INCREASE in home sale prices occured way out East. As for talent, GC is ranked #1 right now, after that its two Catholic schools that get kids from all over. Then you have 5 teams from Suffolk County. Sure seems like those farmers are producing BETTER players then Nassau despite you having how much of a population advantage ? West Islip, Smithtown, Ward Melville , Shorem Wading River and one I cant recall right now. Now its true that the Havoc Dawgs oversold Taylor as he is only one person. But so far he has been involved in all of my sons training and all his games except a few indoors ones. But the rest of the guys on the staff are college coaches as well. As for money, so far they have been cheaper then 91 or Express on a whole. As for teh farmland, where is 91 holding their camp this year ? Oh yeah STonybrook. Havoc Dawgs also sells itself as a DEVELOPMENTAL program who states they dont CARE if they win. The 5th grade team is a bit different as they dont really come from the Taylor tree, those guys are very competitive and from what I hear have gotten the better of all the other travel teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Without the two 91 kids on thAt 5th grade team , they have nothing !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a life and worry about your own team and kid. stop bashing the Dune Dawgs. They are kids and enjoy playing together as a team. Who cares if kids play on 91- they dont make or break the team. The Dawgs have won with or with out them. So take a pitchfork and shovel it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Without the two 91 kids on thAt 5th grade team , they have nothing !

I can tell we have a sore loser here. Baby want his bottle ? SOme cheese with that whine ? If 91 is so great why are they playing on the Dogs ? You think without 91 those kids would not have been great players ? Please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish I knew how many parents on here who never played a sport in HS or college, what a bounch of crying loosers, grow a pair ,try doing something yourself stop living through your kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear the DuneDawgs are bunch of farmers all the way out gods country, they play lacrosse with racks LMAO

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I hear the DuneDawgs are bunch of farmers all the way out gods country, they play lacrosse with racks LMAO
OK - so the joke that you attempted was that they "play lacrosse with rakes". The fact that you cannot tell the difference between a rack and a rake is the sad part of your LMAO commentary ... and stand-up comedy might not be your strong suit.

With that said, this will end any further discussion on the Dune Dawgs program in this thread. If you have a valid question about their 2019 team or requirement for a midfielder, contact the organization directly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have to agree, it is Gods Country out here, wouldnt have it any other way

Link Copied to Clipboard