BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
US Lacrosse Women's National Tournament
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
What does anyone know about this? We got an invite through the HS but not much info was included, just dates and prices. Is this some showcase? A money maker and if so for whom?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: US Lacrosse Women's National Tournament
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
What does anyone know about this? We got an invite through the HS but not much info was included, just dates and prices. Is this some showcase? A money maker and if so for whom?

It is national school girls $35 school should have given u website- last day to sign up for tryouts istorrow

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
No, didn't give a website for registration. All in all I feel like I only got half the story.

One thing I did hear is that HS coaches are allowed to nominate five field players and there are seven cuts from the initial turnout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter's hs coach has forwarded nothing about this to any of the girls. What is the info?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter's hs coach has forwarded nothing about this to any of the girls. What is the info?

Last day to register was today and he/she should have given you the website and his/ her us lax # to register

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. I am wondering if I should complain that this was never forwarded to the girls. He never gives them any information about tryouts like this.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I did get that via email from the coach. I got mixed reviews from local word of mouth about the value of the tournament though, and I'm still not sure what the purpose is. I did hear it's run by CR and heavy on YJ participation, FWIW, but honestly since nothing is on the US Lacrosse website that could just be hearsay.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I did get that via email from the coach. I got mixed reviews from local word of mouth about the value of the tournament though, and I'm still not sure what the purpose is. I did hear it's run by CR and heavy on YJ participation, FWIW, but honestly since nothing is on the US Lacrosse website that could just be hearsay.
We have done some detailed digging with US Lacrosse via telephone. Is this the web site that references the event (2011 coverage provided)?

Women's Division National Tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe he is trying to save your money for you.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Yes, CageSage, that is the correct link.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
E

Not sure where you obtained that info but it is not a yj or cr thing- it is part of us lax and each coach can pick 5 kids to send to try outs- if they are chosen then they play over memorial day weekend- big recruiting event

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the public link for the US Lacrosse Women's National Tournament (WNT) for 2012:

http://www.uslacrosse.org/TopNav2Right/Events/2012NationalTournament.aspx

The tourney is run by US Lacrosse in conjunction with the NCAA Division I Final Four Championship games. Teams from all over the U.S. play. This Memorial Day weekend the college Div. I Women's Final Four is at Stony Brook Univ. The WNT tourney is played Sat / Sun during the day at SBU before the college playoff games. High school players do not have to be affiliated with a travel club. Tryouts are at the end of April. Each varsity high school coach can nominate up to 5 players to attend tryouts being held at Ward Melville HS. Due to the large number of varsity programs on Long Island, Long Island as a region (US Lax Chapter)enters three squads. It is a well run event and because it is held on Championship weekend at the same venue, a ton of college coaches attend, scout, and recruit. Separately, US Lacrosse holds a HS Senior game (see the link). No coach's nominations or tryouts are held. Seniors who want to play can register and enjoy the experience and cool gear they receive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for all the information. It would have been nice if my daughter's hs coach had forwarded this to us. I guess he felt he didn't have anyone to nominate even though several girls on his losing team play travel ball for good teams and are being recruited for colleges. He is a terrible coach who does not deserve the privilege of being a coach. I figured that even if my daughter did not make one of the schoolgirls teams it would have been a nice way to have been seen by some college coaches.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thanks for the info!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts were today. Congrats to the girls who made a team.

Was supposed to be non political, but understand that there was one girl who was cut in the first round whose mother screamed and complained to all of the judges until she could go back out again. Interesting that they would make that exception. Of course it was a YJ from middle country...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was supposed to be non political, but understand that there was one girl who was cut in the first round whose mother screamed and complained to all of the judges until she could go back out again. Interesting that they would make that exception. Of course it was a YJ from middle country...

Oh my God that is totally untrue!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
My daughter ended up not going to tryouts but I spoke with the parent of a girl who did go. That parent's perspective, from her daughter (who doesn't play travel so doesn't know the political landscape) and another friend who also tried out, was that it was very political.

The coaches seemed to know certain girls. Okay, small world of lax on LI but I'd like to know who the evaluators are. Feel free to read between the lines on that statement.

This parent said entire teams were there, which from what I understand should be impossible if these girls are nominated, five a year, by their HS coaches. So how could entire teams be invited?

I heard there were 200 - 300 girls there, four teams selected. Also, there were juniors there with verbal commitments (as told by those girls to my friend's daughter). I'm not keen on the thought of those girls taking the spots of girls who could use the exposure.

So my question, still, is where does the $ go at $35 per tryout? Does it all go to US Lacrosse? $35 is not breaking the bank but I'd still like to know who is getting my donation.

All in all, a great lack of transparency IMO regarding this endeavor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm glad that my daughter decided to sit it out this year. I have no interest in dealing with the CR/YJ madness.

Oh...I'm gonna brag.....but my daughter is the best defender that you never heard of.....but in a few weeks you will come playoff time!

Congrats to all that "made" the cut! Wonder who they club for???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on, like that would happen in the first place someone yelling and screaming at the coaches. Please. Don't spread rumors like that about a kid who played hard enough to make a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why should the kids that are committed not have the opportunity to try out. Why shouldn't the best be able to play. Is it because most kids that are already committed are the best the Island has to offer and that other kids not committed might not deserve to be there. My kid tried out for 3 straight years and finally made it in her junior year (she was committed by than) but she had a great time playing with other committed and non committed kids. She was not a YJ and yes she did say that all 3 years were political but she wanted to tryout it was not up to me it was left up to her. Get used to it it will only get worse. When coaches are running club teams and than become evaluators what do you think is going to happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sounds like this team is a fraud..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard there were 200 - 300 girls there, four teams selected. Also, there were juniors there with verbal commitments (as told by those girls to my friend's daughter). I'm not keen on the thought of those girls taking the spots of girls who could use the exposure.

there were freshman and sophmores there that have verbal commitments. I think these teams are a joke. there were supposed to be 5 kids per High school team trying out, some schools had lots more than that, and previous poster claims that there were full teams there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't care who tries out but School girls is suppose to be a recruiting tournament. A college coach does not want to come watch a team with everyone committed. My daughter made it the last two years so I am not unhappy. just seems this thing has taken on a different objective. And to have so many coaches who run YJ seems crazy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most selectors were NOT from YJ. The disgusting coach from EI a selector while daughter is in tryout!! Conflict of interest TG !! I bet his daughter made a team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Total conflict of interest (EI coach), although one would hope he was not allowed to evaluate his own daughter.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
To the poster whose daughter made the team two year in a row:

I also heard that it's pretty unlikely for a freshman or sophomore to be selected for a team. Has that been your experience?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not so sure that most were from the yellow jackets!!!!
Liberty, 91, top guns all had coaches there....
I do think that your high school coach needs to be there to fight for their players if they belong on a team.
A coach who has a child at try outs should NOT be involved SORRY this is not a school team.
The kids are not stupid they know who the players are and who had good try outs.
Judges should be adults here and be honest!!!
Schools should follow the rules and only send the correct amount of players. Who is in charge and watching this. Everybody complains for a change of director BUT we end up with the same problem of favoritism toward their players or friends players. THE GIRLS ARE NOT STUPID THEY KNOW WHO BELONGS !!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously folks, there were many MANY deserving YJs that absolutely did NOT make it through. The pot shots you all will take to knock the YJs is really getting quite old. If you all know so much about who is in and who is not, then really be the adult and realize that there were some very deserving girls, YJ or not, who did not make the cut. Give credit where credit is due, please. This is not a CR run event. She does not run the world like you all like to believe. Stop hiding behind that as your excuse for everything bad that goes on in the lax world. Congrats to ALL the girls that made it, and to those who didn't, this is not the end of your world, hang in there, try again next year if you can, keep your love of the game a priority. I am in awe of all that you young athlestes achieve and work for. Don't let parents muddy the waters for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most selectors were NOT from YJ. The disgusting coach from EI a selector while daughter is in tryout!! Conflict of interest TG !! I bet his daughter made a team.

How do they get away with this when it is supposed to be a US sanctioned lacrosse tryout? There were quiet a few good kids that were not selected. Not sure what they were looking for. I believe that the selectors were pretty evenly chosen from different areas - I think only 3 were yj. But I did hear that one school took almost their entire team-that is unfortunate because it makes the playing field that much larger and less spots for other kids. Politics as usual

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It has been a joke for years! Kyra Harney should have made it, but I guess that's her punishment for beating CR's Northport team. I saw a girl try out that didn't catch one ball. A girl who through crisp clean hard passes (who was dropped to a lower team for YJ's)She made the Blue and was coddled by CR. Case and point! It's great if CR takes you under her wing. If not, too bad, keep sending your money though. Cha-ching, need that hair dyed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do they post the names of the girls who made the team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It has been a joke for years! Kyra Harney should have made it, but I guess that's her punishment for beating CR's Northport team. I saw a girl try out that didn't catch one ball. A girl who through crisp clean hard passes (who was dropped to a lower team for YJ's)She made the Blue and was coddled by CR. Case and point! It's great if CR takes you under her wing. If not, too bad, keep sending your money though. Cha-ching, need that hair dyed.
Come on Kyra didn't make a team B.S. the fix is in , so what entire team made it in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Carol was not even there!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
two sophomore defenders from our school made it, while a junior midfielder and sophomore mid/att did not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every thread you go, everybody has major issues with this player, that parent, these coaches and especially with CR. Someone has mentioned griping parents ruining the sport for the girls, while some of the whining seems petty and silly, much of it really does hit home on the politics involved. That being said, it not always parents making these boards ugly, its the poltical crap that goes on that parents have no control over. As ugly as this crap being exposed is, it is actually good to have a forum like this to blow the lid off some of the shannigans that go on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Carol was not even there!

She doesn't need to be as she left a list of names!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You parents need to calm down. So what if CR has a monopoly???? Just find another route, like I did.

Besides.....THERE ARE NO FULL ATHLETIC RIDES IN LACROSSE....the average is around 25% for an incoming freshman.Many of you are spending >25k; only to get about <5k a year......such a waste of funds......I say go watch the Nat'l Semi's and Finals that weekend.

Just say no to club!

What's the school's name of the two Soph defenders?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny she made the first team
wrong info as always

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a joke. The girls know more than we do. Players trying out, their coaches on the field making the decisions. I am proud my daughter made first cuts, but a player was chosen over her that can't carry her stick, but her club coach was on the field. Sour Grapes? You better believe it. Team one was over 75% yellow jacket girls. I understand that they are good players, but three yellow jacket coaches were on the field, Not right.

Yellow Jackets get all the Press as well. Tracy Weiner, gushes about the YJ girls and barley mentions any others. Lets get real here other clubs send as many to good scholls as well. Long Island Lax just like any other sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
then why did her kids get cut???

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply