BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,170
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 70 of 83 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by The Hop
Huntington coach today banned the players from talking to anyone after the games...how ridiculous is that? If I want to talk to my kid, I'll talk to my kid

Glad someone agrees with me! Too bad we are all afraid to speak about it with each other in person because of big bad Kathy.

Does anyone else at HHS share this posters opinions?

I have been watching the KW bashing and have to say something. My daughter is coached by 'big bad KW' and you know what, this is all a pack of lies. There is no bullying, yelling, intimidating etc. I WILL tell you what is happening. At every home game the daughter of the director of Elevate is there, sits with all of the Elevate parents and riles them up. Tells them how bad of a coach KW is, how their daughter deserves more playing time over the other girls, how she should be removed. THEN, she goes over and speak to the girls after the games and says the same thing to them. Along the lines of "you are only NOT playing because you are on Elevate, only the YJ girls play" (which is not true). Now all of these people are in a frenzy, start believing this nonsense and accusing KW (who is a great coach and a wonderful person) of this garbage. What's her motivation?? Apparently she wants a head coaching gig to legitimize Elevate (since they do not have any Varsity coaches) Her resume, she coaches PAL so of course she could do a better job!!!!

Then all of the Elevate parents come on here and vent, thinking there is a conspiracy. The only conspiracy, sad to say is that all of the people complaining got taken by this woman and her father (who I am sure is behind this) with cruel intentions. Honestly, you have to ask yourself, if your daughter isn't playing, there is a reason. They want to win, if she was good she would be in there.

I am sure not a slew of parents will tell me this isn't the case, but you would be lying. Anyone in the stands will tell you this is happening, and frankly, if you spoke to your daughters, instead of feeding them garbage about how bad their coach is, you would hear them tell you all of this nonsense about KW is a bunch of lies.

Oh, and my understanding is she does this at the CSH games as well, and we have all seen the bashing on this thread about her.

She goes to the games to support the girls she coaches (there's 12 of them on Huntington). She goes to numerous other player's games at other schools because she enjoys watching them. To slander her like this is wrong. Last Huntington game she sat in the corner by herself so she could just enjoy watching, that's it. The texts she sends to the girls she coaches are always about "having fun" and "lacrosse is a game so just enjoy it".

She goes to watch many, many other players and there is no problem at all, at least not to my knowledge, at any of these schools. Besides that, she has also been coming to Huntington games for a few years and none of this has ever happened. Parents and players are upset because our daughters are being treated unfairly. They are belittled, one example being when KW put three girls on blast in front of their entire team and said they were not needed. Mind you, these three girls have been pivotal parts of the team and are all fantastic young ladies going to top colleges for not only athletics, but academics too.

Please be more careful when you post things of this nature, since clearly you don't know the young woman well enough. She has made major positive impacts in all of her players lives and we are grateful to know her.

Everything you said can also be said about KW. I don't know what you think you know, but I sit in those stands and trust me when I say, she is not promoting the 'fun' of the game to the TE parents. She is belittling the coach. That has a trickle down effect. Plus, have you seen the texts?? Probably not, so how would you know?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to ESM today?

We got out coached because the ESM trio have made it virtually impossible for the coach to coach without running to the board or superintendent or a parent whose kids aren't even in the school any more but hasn't learned to move on with his life and making up lies about the coach. So the AD can sit there all he wants and babysit but he won't see anything because there is nothing to see. What the trio don't realize is that this is just bringing the coach's supporters out and bringing them closer and they will stick up for her along with the players. Eventually the people you are whining to will realize you're just upset about the lack of playing thek your child is getting. There needs to be a change with ESM girls lacrosse but it's not the varsity coach,it starts at the youth level. Maybe it's time for a new youth director. Taking nothing away for
West Babylon, they played a great game today and their two players control the offense and defense. Congratulations to them-they deserved to win.

that coach will be gone next year rightfully so

We are lucky to have her. She's so horrible that since she's been here they've made it to counties every year. And don't even say it's because of the youth program. Your youth director at the Huntington game was making a scene and asking why players on her own ESM team weren't getting pulled out when her daughter did. Yelling at the coach from the stands. Even the Huntington parents were asking who the ESM parent was that was bashing her own team's players. Great leadership. You're either the dad whose kids have already graduated who pats himself on the back every chance he gets to remind anyone who will listen that you started all the youth sports at ESM and that it's not about winnjng but making great memories to talk about at your ten year reunion-or
You're one of the parents of the kids not playing making up lies. Either way it doesn't matter. It's not the first lacrosse coach the ESM parents have run out of this town, just the winningest. I wish her the best wherever she ends up.

it's not all about winning. it has nothing to do with playing time. damaging young girls to have a winning record on a hs team is not ok, or something to reward. she should go coach a college team after ESM gets rid of her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She goes to the games to support the girls she coaches (there's 12 of them on Huntington). She goes to numerous other player's games at other schools because she enjoys watching them. To slander her like this is wrong. Last Huntington game she sat in the corner by herself so she could just enjoy watching, that's it. The texts she sends to the girls she coaches are always about "having fun" and "lacrosse is a game so just enjoy it".

She goes to watch many, many other players and there is no problem at all, at least not to my knowledge, at any of these schools. Besides that, she has also been coming to Huntington games for a few years and none of this has ever happened. Parents and players are upset because our daughters are being treated unfairly. They are belittled, one example being when KW put three girls on blast in front of their entire team and said they were not needed. Mind you, these three girls have been pivotal parts of the team and are all fantastic young ladies going to top colleges for not only athletics, but academics too.

Please be more careful when you post things of this nature, since clearly you don't know the young woman well enough. She has made major positive impacts in all of her players lives and we are grateful to know her. [/quote

Everything you said can also be said about KW. I don't know what you think you know, but I sit in those stands and trust me when I say, she is not promoting the 'fun' of the game to the TE parents. She is belittling the coach. That has a trickle down effect. Plus, have you seen the texts?? Probably not, so how would you know?

Yes I have seen the texts. I have also seen the unbelievably encouraging emails as well. You are talking about polar opposites, KW belittles and bullies the girls. She plays mind games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We got out coached because the ESM trio have made it virtually impossible for the coach to coach without running to the board or superintendent or a parent whose kids aren't even in the school any more but hasn't learned to move on with his life and making up lies about the coach. So the AD can sit there all he wants and babysit but he won't see anything because there is nothing to see. What the trio don't realize is that this is just bringing the coach's supporters out and bringing them closer and they will stick up for her along with the players. Eventually the people you are whining to will realize you're just upset about the lack of playing thek your child is getting. There needs to be a change with ESM girls lacrosse but it's not the varsity coach,it starts at the youth level. Maybe it's time for a new youth director. Taking nothing away for
West Babylon, they played a great game today and their two players control the offense and defense. Congratulations to them-they deserved to win.

We are lucky to have her. She's so horrible that since she's been here they've made it to counties every year. And don't even say it's because of the youth program. Your youth director at the Huntington game was making a scene and asking why players on her own ESM team weren't getting pulled out when her daughter did. Yelling at the coach from the stands. Even the Huntington parents were asking who the ESM parent was that was bashing her own team's players. Great leadership. You're either the dad whose kids have already graduated who pats himself on the back every chance he gets to remind anyone who will listen that you started all the youth sports at ESM and that it's not about winnjng but making great memories to talk about at your ten year reunion-or
You're one of the parents of the kids not playing making up lies. Either way it doesn't matter. It's not the first lacrosse coach the ESM parents have run out of this town, just the winningest. I wish her the best wherever she ends up.

it's not all about winning. it has nothing to do with playing time. damaging young girls to have a winning record on a hs team is not ok, or something to reward. she should go coach a college team after ESM gets rid of her.

she's not damaging these kids you parents are. this is how esm was years ago, find a coach that a few "power parents" can give the lineup to and when that coach won't roll over, make accusations and get them removed. Its not about winning? tell that to the dad who had a 10 year reunion for his winning peewee football team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So are you saying college coaches damage players for winning records? Interesting comment...but I agree that's she's good enough to coach college so thanks for the vote of confidence in our great coach!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
User
User
I was at the ESM game in question and the parent yelled an encouraging comment to her daughter when she was taken out of the game. I did not hear any comments directed at the coach.
I just wanted to clear that up in response to an earlier post.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the ESM game in question and the parent yelled an encouraging comment to her daughter when she was taken out of the game. I did not hear any comments directed at the coach.

Yes I heard that too. "Everyone makes mistakes" I believe. Very true. But then every time a teammate made a mistake she would say why don't you take her out of the game. She's had a tally sheet out for years never saying anything positive. I just thought it sad and embarrassing when I got a text from one of our Huntington friends relaying the behavior of our own parent.

User
User

Yes I heard that too. "Everyone makes mistakes" I believe. Very true. But then every time a teammate made a mistake she would say why don't you take her out of the game. She's had a tally sheet out for years never saying anything positive. I just thought it sad and embarrassing when I got a text from one of our Huntington friends relaying the behavior of our own parent.

I understand but as you know first hand knowledge is much more reliable than second hand texts. I will say I did hear some ridiculous comments being yelled out by Huntington parents. Nothing worth making a stink about however.

I just want to be clear that in response to the post bashing this parent I can say from first hand knowledge there was none of that nonsense going on. Just normal parent banter that's at every game.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The difference this year is that the girls are caught in the middle of a conflict between two coaches who don't like each other. Elevate girls have been told by their varsity coach that they are the reason there is a rift on the team. There is no rift on the team. All of the girls get along well and are very kind to one another. But there are D1 committed girls who sit on the bench, who are phenomenal players. This is not just about playing time. This is about dampening the spirits of girls who love lacrosse and come to practice every day. It is an unfortunate abuse of power. Yesterday during senior day, one of the two senior goalies, who hasn't played ONE MINUTE this season, wasn't even granted the dignity of playing an entire half. How her coach could smile and hug her at the end of her last home game is beyond me. For the record, I am not a parent of a goalie, but that situation is the most egregious example of how not to coach young women. And for those who will say "Oh she must not be that good." All of the goalies on our team are great and do not deserve the humiliation of never playing. I would bet that even the goalie who gets to play 95% of the time would agree, because she is a great kid- like all of the girls. This problem has nothing to do with anything the girls have done. If anything, these benched girls (one going to UNC and one to American- they must be terrible) should be given a medal for their composure and continued devotion to their teammates.

User
User
The difference this year is that the girls are caught in the middle of a conflict between two coaches who don't like each other. Elevate girls have been told by their varsity coach that they are the reason there is a rift on the team. There is no rift on the team. All of the girls get along well and are very kind to one another. But there are D1 committed girls who sit on the bench, who are phenomenal players. This is not just about playing time. This is about dampening the spirits of girls who love lacrosse and come to practice every day. It is an unfortunate abuse of power. Yesterday during senior day, one of the two senior goalies, who hasn't played ONE MINUTE this season, wasn't even granted the dignity of playing an entire half. How her coach could smile and hug her at the end of her last home game is beyond me. For the record, I am not a parent of a goalie, but that situation is the most egregious example of how not to coach young women. And for those who will say "Oh she must not be that good." All of the goalies on our team are great and do not deserve the humiliation of never playing. I would bet that even the goalie who gets to play 95% of the time would agree, because she is a great kid- like all of the girls. This problem has nothing to do with anything the girls have done. If anything, these benched girls (one going to UNC and one to American- they must be terrible) should be given a medal for their composure and continued devotion to their teammates.

That's my understanding of it.
How did the UNC commited goalie do at school girls?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Made the First Team. She's excellent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am outsider and know nothing about the program other than following in newsday. Are you saying that there is a UNC lacrosse commit who does not play ? or not start ? Not starting maybe. Not playing, something is wrong. There are very few programs where any D1 commit Doesn't play at all. And I mean very few.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC Goalie made Team 1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am outsider and know nothing about the program other than following in newsday. Are you saying that there is a UNC lacrosse commit who does not play ? or not start ? Not starting maybe. Not playing, something is wrong. There are very few programs where any D1 commit Doesn't play at all. And I mean very few.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I read that. That's crazy!

User
User

UNC Goalie made Team 1.

That speaks volumes.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She certainly has a style that stands out.. very quick, and covers alot of ground.. can sometimes be out of position.
as a 2016 there are two committed 2015' in front of her..certainly would start on just about every other LI team Nassau or Suffolk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh, Manhasset and GC

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Was there this much drama in ESM before you were upset by WB? Was it the losing to an inferior team or getting outcoached by the TG director in a YJ town?

User
User
Originally Posted by Gotogoal
Was there this much drama in ESM before you were upset by WB? Was it the losing to an inferior team or getting outcoached by the TG director in a YJ town?

Yes there has been for years. Not a TG vs YJ issue. But good try.

Back of the Cage
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

The ESM parents in the stands crying about him being there prove you wrong Hop

User
User

The ESM parents in the stands crying about him being there prove you wrong Hop

They were asking whether or not he is a certified coach and belonged on the sidelines coaching. The YJ are not threatened by him as far as I have been told but many people contacted me asking if he was an approved NYS HS coach. I do not know that answer. Maybe someone else has that answer.
Your question was "was there this much drama" with ESM before WB beat them and the answer remains YES there was. It is not new drama.
So before you say I'm wrong maybe re read your own attempt at pot stirring. At least you didn't call out a kid this time. Thanks

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She certainly has a style that stands out.. very quick, and covers alot of ground.. can sometimes be out of position.
as a 2016 there are two committed 2015' in front of her..certainly would start on just about every other LI team Nassau or Suffolk
Same thing is happening at Sachem East, D1 commit hasn't played 1 second of a game. What makes it worse is that the starter is an uncommitted Jr.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same thing is happening at Sachem East, D1 commit hasn't played 1 second of a game. What makes it worse is that the starter is an uncommitted Jr.

This is not an attack on any of the players being discussed. I do not know any of them. However, there are 100 plus Division 1 teams out there and not all are created equally.

There is a big difference between being committed to a Top 20 team and a team 30 and below.

Just saying D1 is painting with a very broad brush.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not an attack on any of the players being discussed. I do not know any of them. However, there are 100 plus Division 1 teams out there and not all are created equally.

There is a big difference between being committed to a Top 20 team and a team 30 and below.

Just saying D1 is painting with a very broad brush.
So what are you saying? That any team 30 or below the players aren't as good? Most of these girls go toe to toe with each other day in and day out? As a matter of fact, if I'm not mistaken, on this same thread there is talk of W.B. (girl going to the same school that you deem not as good) beat ESM (A team with many D1's that you deem better) every year is new and anyone can become #1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC Goalie made Team 1.

That speaks volumes.

Goes to show you that recruiting totally and 100% goes through summer travel teams and not school ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry my bad it was the girl from N.B. going to the same school as the S.E. girl

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Bottom 50 D1 teams would have a pretty big fall off in ability and would be given a good run by a lot of the top D2 and D3 teams. The bottom 10 D1 teams this year are-
LIU Brooklyn
Stetson
St Bonnie
Preb
Mercer
St Marys
St Francis
Howard
Gardner Webb
Del State

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
G

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's happening with the divisional alignments in Nassau next year? Sounds like some schools are pushing for changes to make their playoff path a little easier. Any info?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So are you saying college coaches damage players for winning records? Interesting comment...but I agree that's she's good enough to coach college so thanks for the vote of confidence in our great coach!

no. my point was that you have a choice of which college coach you play for. HS players have no choice but to play for her so it's up to the administration to make sure she's treating ALL the YOUNG GIRLS properly which she is not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

she's not damaging these kids you parents are. this is how esm was years ago, find a coach that a few "power parents" can give the lineup to and when that coach won't roll over, make accusations and get them removed. Its not about winning? tell that to the dad who had a 10 year reunion for his winning peewee football team.

she's gotta go. sorry if you're in her inner circle. i didn't say it's not about winning. i said it's not ALL about winning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's happening with the divisional alignments in Nassau next year? Sounds like some schools are pushing for changes to make their playoff path a little easier. Any info?

How does a school push for an easier alignment whenit's based on enrollment numbers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think if they changed the current format if would change the playoff brackets at all. It would just make the regular season a lot harder for some teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kid is a very good goalie but how did she do last year at school girls or UA tryouts.How did the starting goalie do at those same tryouts.I have seen the UNC goalie and is the most athletic goalie I have seen but in the end it comes down to making saves etc.,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Bottom 50 D1 teams would have a pretty big fall off in ability and would be given a good run by a lot of the top D2 and D3 teams. The bottom 10 D1 teams this year are-
LIU Brooklyn
Stetson
St Bonnie
Preb
Mercer
St Marys
St Francis
Howard
Gardner Webb
Del State
I wonder if you know how elites you sound? Would you come back on here and "eat crow" next year if any of these teams go above 50? I wonder who your super star is,where does she play or is committed to play? Will she be one of the throngs of those top 20 school, elite, better than them girls that go off to top 20 schools and disappear onto the bench, never to be seen on a field except at a practice as fodder? I'm sure your little darling is getting a full athletic ride to Florida, because she is so much better than the other 29 girls. But here is the truth, you know nothing of the girls going to these "bottom 10 schools", what offers the refused or why. Here's a thought , bottom 10 schools will give a good player a lot of money if they think they can help them get out of the bottom 10, and while your little darling is sitting on the bench at UNC, they will be playing. But at least you can ware the sweatshirt and brag how she's on the roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She looks like she's being electrocuted at times,athletic And definitely better than the starter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The UNC commit it excellent, however she's a junior. There is a senior commit to Stony Brook (who beat almost every other D1 team this year). So it's not as if the junior goalie is being kept on the bench because the senior is awful, she's awesome as well (obviously). But the senior plays because she's a senior, when she leaves next year the junior will get all of the playing time I am sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIU Brooklyn
Stetson
St Bonnie
Preb
Mercer
St Marys
St Francis
Howard
Gardner Webb
Del State
I wonder if you know how elites you sound? Would you come back on here and "eat crow" next year if any of these teams go above 50? I wonder who your super star is,where does she play or is committed to play? Will she be one of the throngs of those top 20 school, elite, better than them girls that go off to top 20 schools and disappear onto the bench, never to be seen on a field except at a practice as fodder? I'm sure your little darling is getting a full athletic ride to Florida, because she is so much better than the other 29 girls. But here is the truth, you know nothing of the girls going to these "bottom 10 schools", what offers the refused or why. Here's a thought , bottom 10 schools will give a good player a lot of money if they think they can help them get out of the bottom 10, and while your little darling is sitting on the bench at UNC, they will be playing. But at least you can ware the sweatshirt and brag how she's on the roster.

Agree with above poster. Original comment was of ignorance. There are lots of reasons GREAT players turn down top 20 schools. So close minded when make generic statements. Vanderbilt, Georgetown, Michigan, Yale, Dartmouth, Brown, BU, Columbia just to name a few not listed in your top 30...must mean not good players right? No, just smarter!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The UNC commit it excellent, however she's a junior. There is a senior commit to Stony Brook (who beat almost every other D1 team this year). So it's not as if the junior goalie is being kept on the bench because the senior is awful, she's awesome as well (obviously). But the senior plays because she's a senior, when she leaves next year the junior will get all of the playing time I am sure.

The way KW has handled all of the goalies is atrocious. She has screwed with their heads completely. Make a mistake - you are done. Switch goalies. Other goalie makes a mistake - switch back. Then switch again, and maybe one more time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
KW is a bully!

Page 70 of 83 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard