BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 v3.0
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]All the crying about 3 kids missing the tryout, it was only one. He missed because of a Varsity game. He plays VARSITY lacrosse as an 8th Grader. I think that has to be a valid excuse for a middle school tryout. Every kid on list deserving. [/quot

What tine did the game

End? 10:00 ..is he there leading scorer ..does he play all
Game ?..Think before you put up some lane excuse ..more respect if you show up
..even more if he plays Brine instead of JR
S

yes an away night game... doesn't matter if the highest scorer or not! It is HS Vball and it does come before this.

Anyone who knows can look it up.

This gets better and beter Varsity lacrosse does not play at night. What team? Let's hear it

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This should not be a news flash folks - same stuff happened last year and the year before that, etc. Why are people acting so surprised that Club politics played a part. Last year you had kids who did not show for any tryout make one of the 2 teams they put together, you had kids who were not picked for the final Pride of Long Island game make a team - big shock they happened to be from one of the top 2 Club teams. Wake up folks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it was a night game then fine.I guess he was told that he didn't have to go the tryout and he was already on the team after being evaluated the first time by ....I will leave that blank..it's ok not to be on the team
Do to schedule conflict. The kids that were hurt or played games that day were not given a pass were they? I can tell you first hand no. Decisions are easy when they are made for you. You get tired playing midfield all game
Before a tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the crying about 3 kids missing the tryout, it was only one. He missed because of a Varsity game. He plays VARSITY lacrosse as an 8th Grader. I think that has to be a valid excuse for a middle school tryout. Every kid on list deserving.

Don't just say others were in the same situation. If you are in the know and look it up it wasn't just an after school game it was a night game. People in glass houses should not throw stones

Throw stones? If you don't show up to the tryout you don't make the team. I follow Varsity lacrosse. There are no 8th grade impact players this year. It's an excuse, the team could have done without him. Bottom line is it is unfair for ANY kid to get a free pass onto a tryout selected team. Nobody is that special, sorry! Life is about choices and consequences, not excuses and favoritism. It's embarrassing to make a team under those circumstances.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't tell me this parent just made up a story to justify a kid not being there?. the truth always comes out in the end . please verify this

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So his family decided to remove him from consideration I hope?..They told Brine they appreciated the opportunity to tryout buy couldn't be there..no they were told you are already in .No worries we have your back the evaluators will make up fictitious rating for you.Lol. All credibility has been lost by Brine by a few kids . The facts are out there
And brine does not have any answers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alternates came out.another joke and my sons on it.Might as well call it 91 and company also .Must say 91 knows how to protect their own.So credit to you for that. If you play for 91 and didn't make either list it's most likely time to sadly move on.Everyone else made it from your team.

Where is the alternate list- or re you only privy to the list if your son was listed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They took off all the 2020 kids? ...some very good kids. I think that should be a lesson for the younger years in the future- your chances of making this team is very low if you are not an 8th grader. I totally get why they would choose the 8th graders, but with the try out costs so high- I would think putting those bucks into private training would be better spent than sending your kid to the try out as a 7th grader.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is attending Brine from a different state and I stumbled across this thread. So is my understanding correct that there was a first round where they charged $100, a second round where they charged 80 kids another $150 and then they mainly took kids off of lists they had already made based on club politics? Doesn't say much for the integrity of the process although it sounds like it will be a great team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't be pizza...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All politics !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alternates came out.another joke and my sons on it.Might as well call it 91 and company also .Must say 91 knows how to protect their own.So credit to you for that. If you play for 91 and didn't make either list it's most likely time to sadly move on.Everyone else made it from your team.

Where is the alternate list- or re you only privy to the list if your son was listed?

I have not even been notified that my don did not make it. I figured it out based on the fact that text said to look fur email. When I did not get one, I told him he was out. His 91 buddies made it.

Where is the list published?
What about the alternate list?

I emailed them to ask and fit no response.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can only see the list if you're on it. My son made it, and I recognized some other names from legacy and express. Awesome players. We will not be paying any more money to be part of this!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Either you can see it on 91.com or Joke.com...Either one should work...Lol

List was sent to those 23 who made it this afternoon.
6 attack
2 Goalies
4 Def
2 Lsm
1 Fogo
8 Middies

Significant 91 composition
Mostly Suffolk
1 2020

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As was mentioned earlier there was enough talent there to make at least two very competitive teams as they did last year. We went into the tryout knowing there would be politics at play and favoritism. But in looking at the first list there is no denying it has SOME of the best players on it AND some favors. LI has such a large number of talented lacrosse players that many deserving players were left out and did not make it.

Is this second/alternate list going to be a second team? Does anyone have any information on that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets do a club ranking List top 10.

I got
1.Madlax
2.Dukes
3.Team 91
4. Li Express
5. Crabs
6. 3D
7. Sweet Lax
8. Fca
9.thunder
10. Mesa Fresh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]All the crying about 3 kids missing the tryout, it was only one. He missed because of a Varsity game. He plays VARSITY lacrosse as an 8th Grader. I think that has to be a valid excuse for a middle school tryout. Every kid on list deserving. [/quot

What tine did the game

S

yes an away night game... doesn't matter if the highest scorer or not! It is HS Vball and it does come before this.

This gets better and beter Varsity lacrosse does not play at night. What team? Let's hear it

Oh really, no night games. I know of one tonight started at 7:30. The team the 2019 is on is a playoff team. Enough said. And what's with Gc as a hot bed livin in the past much. Regardless if powerhouse or not still scoring points. Jealous your town didn't ask little johnnie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the crying about 3 kids missing the tryout, it was only one. He missed because of a Varsity game. He plays VARSITY lacrosse as an 8th Grader. I think that has to be a valid excuse for a middle school tryout. Every kid on list deserving.

Don't just say others were in the same situation. If you are in the know and look it up it wasn't just an after school game it was a night game. People in glass houses should not throw stones

Throw stones? If you don't show up to the tryout you don't make the team. I follow Varsity lacrosse. There are no 8th grade impact players this year. It's an excuse, the team could have done without him. Bottom line is it is unfair for ANY kid to get a free pass onto a tryout selected team. Nobody is that special, sorry! Life is about choices and consequences, not excuses and favoritism. It's embarrassing to make a team under those circumstances.

Sad sad person. You think you know but you couldn't be more wrong. Can you still see yourself when you pee or does your gut get in the way

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

What tine did the game

S

Oh really, no night games. I know of one tonight started at 7:30. The team the 2019 is on is a playoff team. Enough said. And what's with Gc as a hot bed livin in the past much. Regardless if powerhouse or not still scoring points. Jealous your town didn't ask little johnnie.

You have no clue about lacrosse and the depth of a program. Any good program wouldn't have an 8th grader playing on Varsity. If you dont have enough talented players in 9th,10th,11th,and 12th grade to fill a Varsity roster you have a program with little to no depth. The depth of GC, Manhasset, and other historically lacrosse rich programs very rarely have 8th graders playing Varsity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game

What tine did the game

S

You have no clue about lacrosse and the depth of a program. Any good program wouldn't have an 8th grader playing on Varsity. If you dont have enough talented players in 9th,10th,11th,and 12th grade to fill a Varsity roster you have a program with little to no depth. The depth of GC, Manhasset, and other historically lacrosse rich programs very rarely have 8th graders playing Varsity.

whatever, I have no clue! Way to go kid, double digit points for the season, adding 1 more tonight along with and awesome G:A. Giving this kid some time on varsity and you will see how it helps build the program making it a power house in the future. Since I assume you don't already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about club ranking .It's about each kid. The teams mean nothing . Maybe to the parents I guess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the list of alternates My guess is you can't make a team of it.Not to be rude but if you can look at it and you can see it was put together mostly to appease the kids in an org. That is obvious . They don't want to have any in house fighting is my guess . Helps to keep peace a little

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop bursting that parents bubble .They feel he is the best in the USA so don't
Take that from them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought you meant 10 goals at least. Cmon as you know stats don't tell the whole picture .I hope not in this case. It's a work in process and if the school is not good with the older kids. You then bring up the younger ones. It may not be with the older
Kids want but some coaches have no choice .Their hands are tied in sone cases.JV can be beneath some after they dominate with at least 50
Goals and 30 assists. What more can you get playing down instead of up..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't figure out why they would send an email with the kids numbers for the tryout before hand . how stupid was I ..helps to put a name to the number beforehand so they dont screw up the evaluation somehow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What tine did the game

S

"Any good program wouldn't have an 8th grader playing on Varsity." - So you're saying West Islip wasn't a "good program" when Nicky Gallasso was playing varsity in 8th grade? There are other examples, but that one came to mind right away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I got
1.Madlax
2.Dukes
3.Team 91
4. Li Express
5. Crabs
6. 3D
7. Sweet Lax
8. Fca
9.thunder
10. Mesa Fresh

Madlax and Dukes are the kings of overaged players. No doubt they would be highly ranked.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

What tine did the game

S

whatever, I have no clue! Way to go kid, double digit points for the season, adding 1 more tonight along with and awesome G:A. Giving this kid some time on varsity and you will see how it helps build the program making it a power house in the future. Since I assume you don't already.

Look Mom, dad, aunt, uncle, whoever this is. Because if its not than your indepth knowledge of an 8th graders coming and goings on the lacrosse field is creepy.

I dont want this to be about your kid. It all started with the fact this player was given a spot on a team without showing up for the last tryout. The fact that you said he was entitled to it because he plays varsity in 8th grade is just insanly ridiculous. No one should be entitled to anything except what they earn. You chose his Varsity game over the tryout and thats fine. You made the choice. The fact that others made the choice to go to the actual final tryout should have trumped his previous stellar showings on the field. He was not there!!!!! When other parents are paying and being told that a fair and transparent tryout system is going to be used to determine the team and stuff like this happens it pisses people off.

I have been around this sport for a long time. The fact that you dont know the history of Teams like WM, Manhasset, and GC and other programs shows your fly like mentality. A 48hr snapshot is what you base your deductions on regarding powerhouse programs. GC has won I believe 19 county titles Manhasset 17 and Ward Melville 22. Please provide me with how many your powerhouse program has won and I will eat crow if it comes anywhere near these teams. If you think one player is going to make a powerhouse program you are mistaken. It takes a great youth program that feeds a steady flow of fundamentally sound players to the Junior High and High School programs. Little Johnny cant play every position on the field. Which means he cant pass it to himself or you think he can do that also.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

What tine did the game

S

"Any good program wouldn't have an 8th grader playing on Varsity." - So you're saying West Islip wasn't a "good program" when Nicky Gallasso was playing varsity in 8th grade? There are other examples, but that one came to mind right away.

I said rarely. Yes, exceptions do occur. Its just rare that in historically strong programs that an 8th grader plays Varsity. Coaches will usually try and groom younger players and try and protect them early on. 8th graders plsying Varsity will happen more often in weaker programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess there is no reason to continue this conversation because you will rebuff any accomplishments and say weak program.

I don't think the program in question is weak, I dont think the competition he played was weak (some sure, not all) but that is only one persons opinion.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I guess there is no reason to continue this conversation because you will rebuff any accomplishments and say weak program.

I don't think the program in question is weak, I dont think the competition he played was weak (some sure, not all) but that is only one persons opinion.

Again I really don't know the program he plays for. I also don't have an issue with the kid. All the power to him. [b] I have a problem when events hold a tryout and a player is given a free pass. When a parent implies he is entitled to it is BS.[/b] I gave examples of great programs as a reference to historically lacrosse rich town with major success. In the rare occasion do they bring up 8th graders. All that is asked by the parents is a fair and transparent tryout process. This was very far from it. It has happened all too often.

Last edited by America's Game; .
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Lax Sports Network has just been announced. Lets wish this new network much success and hope it helps promote the sport we all love.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only real issue is that he was put on a team without going thru the process like everyone else. It gives Brine no credence
At all. The kid is not at fault only the powers in charge. legacy took over Brine and this looks and smells bad and it would be very hard to dispute . that and the fact 19 kids from 91 made the team or alternates.They added two 2020 kids to the alternates o make it look like the younger kids should try out and have a shot..one more thing..if you dont think they left out the clubs the alternates play for on purpose then you are naive ..they learned their lesson when they put out the kids that made the team..I guess they are getting smarter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only real issue is that he was put on a team without going thru the process like everyone else. It gives Brine no credence
At all. The kid is not at fault only the powers in charge. legacy took over Brine and this looks and smells bad and it would be very hard to dispute . that and the fact 19 kids from 91 made the team or alternates.They added two 2020 kids to the alternates o make it look like the younger kids should try out and have a shot..one more thing..if you dont think they left out the clubs the alternates play for on purpose then you are naive ..they learned their lesson when they put out the kids that made the team..I guess they are getting smarter

I agree. There is a lot wrong with the process, we can only hope they acknowledge the mistakes that were made and try to do better next time. As for the alternates, the two 2020 deserved those spots. The fogo was the second best performer at that tryout (in other years two fogos are taken to the first team) . The other 2020 kid had an excellent tryout as well, standing out. Many of the other alternates play for Legacy and could have easily made the first team based on their performance at the tryout. You would expect most kids to be from Express or 91, because those are the two dominant teams from LI. I would expect that next year you will see a few Legacy kids make it. Good luck to all the boys who attended the Pride of LI games. On any given day any of you could have been selected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was back in the 90's things were different back then. grin

What tine did the game

S

grin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wheee is the alternate list posted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2019 has beaten dukes twice this year. I think there number two

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again I really don't know the program he plays for. I also don't have an issue with the kid. All the power to him. [b] I have a problem when events hold a tryout and a player is given a free pass. When a parent implies he is entitled to it is BS.[/b] I gave examples of great programs as a reference to historically lacrosse rich town with major success. In the rare occasion do they bring up 8th graders. All that is asked by the parents is a fair and transparent tryout process. This was very far from it. It has happened all too often.

Always have a rebuttal
Leave it alone
Everything thing you say I don't believe - liar
Xanex xanex xenex is good for those who are unbalanced

Move On, Same Could've Happened @ Other Showcases.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What are you talking about? It happened to the kids at this event and parents are pissed. Stating facts and providing data is what this site is about. I respond to posts with a registered name a not anonymous faceless post. I moderate and do the best I can to provide factual data. That's all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I got
1.Madlax
2.Dukes
3.Team 91
4. Li Express
5. Crabs
6. 3D
7. Sweet Lax
8. Fca
9.thunder
10. Mesa Fresh

Madlax and Dukes are the kings of overaged players. No doubt they would be highly ranked.

Since tryouts last summer/fall, FCA has beaten Madlax, 91 and 3d NE. Their only loss was to Express in OT. Express has beaten Dukes and 91 has beaten Crabs. I think Crabs and Madlax play this weekend.

Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard