BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 26 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 25 26
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 v3.0
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is it posted

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you were an evaluator at the Brine tryout Friday night you should be embarrassed or at least be able to explain yourself. How do you look at numbers and evaluate kids based on their play and some kids weren't even there. If the number isn't on the field how do you pick them?. There was a speech before the tryout where the kids are told your numbers and play will dictate if you are on the team. Please explain. If its a scam then please say it is and I will respect you more. I guess there were maybe 20 people picked and not 23 then. Is it fair to all the other kids or at least say that some kids are on the team already based on rep and they were so good at the first tryout that no one out there can compete with them. I would respect that more. No sour grapes but if my facts are wrong please correct me and i will apologize.

Seriously, you need therapy. How do you know kids were selected that weren't there. I know a few who made it and rightly deserved it and were the best on the field. I don't know all the boys selected is it posted. I usually wait for an email from my friend, if the player is a top player than relax if your son is better than you have an issue.

First off the list of names and numbers were out prior to the game. It was a great speech and geared to get the boys up to play. They did a great job at it. If you really think they didn't have a list your naïve, some dads had it.

As of the latest picks, the list is out on the net. I see what you see but don't have an issue neither should you, player is tops of the grade. I do not see 3 boys one pole 91, one middie smithtown and one attack 91 who I thought would have made it easily. I am not sure if they declined due to JR, make no mistake those three will be 2019 impact players for years to come regardless if they made Brine. if you are not one of those parents, which I don't think your are you should have no beef. All good players selected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the player did not earn it on the field of play that night, against all that talent, how is it fair that the player gets a spot?

There was enough talent there to create 3 nationally competitive teams. So, as difficult as it might have been to get to 23, it should not have been difficult to recognize that the boys that did compete, worked hard, and spent the money and time, deserved the most fair treatment possible.

Gotta love the "no show" spots.

Disappointed to hear about the no shows.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it's true that 3 kids made the team without showing up. . I dont blame the kids for the free pass. the blame is on the directors of Brine for not being truthful about the whole process .The parents are a whole issue
In itself that can be addressed in another thread sone day.. let's call it what it is . Politics at it's best... So reputation is what we base this on . I thought it was competition.What a shame and more importantly what a joke this turned out to be

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who were the evaluators this year? What team affiliations did they have?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wherever did the evaluation should speak up and let Brine know that they didn't pick kids to be on this team that they didn't evaluate.You would hope they want to protect their own reputation then have their name associated with this.Who is pulling the strings on this team.It's turning into AAU basketball where the directors tell the college coaches who to recruit and you need to go thru me if you want a kid to play for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players from 91 Orange were given a free pass.
Thanks Mr. Caputo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think anyone involved can have a beef. Most people involved know those three players and know they should have been selected. I heard the Middie from St James has been injured so was surprised to see him there. If they did decline because of JR that is commendable as not to take a slot from someone else. Good luck to all that made the team based on their efforts. Some very good players are on the roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who were the evaluators this year? What team affiliations did they have?

You will never get that answer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange kids are deserving.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's all about the tryout nothing should be based on reputation or past history. Not saying they would or would not have made it but other kids do get better and kids do get passed by. Some kids bloom late and some are just started. The judge and jury should be legitimate evaluators and nothing and I mean nothing based in history. The real world is what have you done for me lately . Not a month ago or a year ago .That's thats why your suppose to have tryouts every year and be fair about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really ?? All 91 O kids are deserving ? Think not. Very good players but not all the best there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange deserving of a free pass without showing up? Cmon tell that to the parent who just spent an extra 150 bucks to be used as a tool. Earn it on the field at the tryout not be handed spots. that's the
Right and fair way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any holdbacks on the list? Also did any 2020's make it? For that matter where is the list posted on-line?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you were an evaluator at the Brine tryout Friday night you should be embarrassed or at least be able to explain yourself. How do you look at numbers and evaluate kids based on their play and some kids weren't even there. If the number isn't on the field how do you pick them?. There was a speech before the tryout where the kids are told your numbers and play will dictate if you are on the team. Please explain. If its a scam then please say it is and I will respect you more. I guess there were maybe 20 people picked and not 23 then. Is it fair to all the other kids or at least say that some kids are on the team already based on rep and they were so good at the first tryout that no one out there can compete with them. I would respect that more. No sour grapes but if my facts are wrong please correct me and i will apologize.

Seriously, you need therapy. How do you know kids were selected that weren't there. I know a few who made it and rightly deserved it and were the best on the field. I don't know all the boys selected is it posted. I usually wait for an email from my friend, if the player is a top player than relax if your son is better than you have an issue.

First off the list of names and numbers were out prior to the game. It was a great speech and geared to get the boys up to play. They did a great job at it. If you really think they didn't have a list your naïve, some dads had it.

As of the latest picks, the list is out on the net. I see what you see but don't have an issue neither should you, player is tops of the grade. I do not see 3 boys one pole 91, one middie smithtown and one attack 91 who I thought would have made it easily. I am not sure if they declined due to JR, make no mistake those three will be 2019 impact players for years to come regardless if they made Brine. if you are not one of those parents, which I don't think your are you should have no beef. All good players selected.

Dark Blue Smithtown Helmet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange kids are deserving.

Some certainly are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's all about the tryout nothing should be based on reputation or past history. Not saying they would or would not have made it but other kids do get better and kids do get passed by. Some kids bloom late and some are just started. The judge and jury should be legitimate evaluators and nothing and I mean nothing based in history. The real world is what have you done for me lately . Not a month ago or a year ago .That's thats why your suppose to have tryouts every year and be fair about it.

Haven't we all been over and through this before. This should not be new to any of us for goodness sake. Personally I noticed one boy missing and hoped they would give him "The Pass" because he is deserving; and they did.

I feel this is just the first list and others will be selected because many are on the short JR list. The team as selected is a talented pool of boys, as in life seeing is in the eye of the beholder. In sports, one boy making it over another is just that one player's day. LI 2019 is very talented and every boy who played out there should hold their head high. Outside of a handful of players there is a lot parody amongst the grade. I am sure it was not easy for the evaluators. Every one of those boys will make an impact in their years to come.

The real question now is will anyone get those 80 or so boys together to play against each other in the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 kids all deserving? REALLY?
I guess the 9 91 kids and 8 express kids were all just better than the rest.

I was there and it was not as black and white as the list seems.

I saw several evaluators talking to a few of the kids on the field and calling them by their first names.

this is the problem, you cant have evaluators that know the boys. its simple, bring in people who don't know the boys and lets see if the same kids get selected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does it say a kid is deserving of a pass on the tryout agenda or itinerary. I doubt any parent regardless of their sons pecking order in this age group would believe he is entitled to a roster spot. The kid who was reserved a spot is probably very good but any kid can be matched up against another great player and look mediocre in the eyes of the evaluators. On a more disturbing thought why should evaluators have any knowledge of a boys reputation or team affiliation if this is a National Lacrosse Event. The whole thing is rotten and perhaps a letter campaign to the Event sponsors or coordinators needs to be an option. It may not change this outcome but prevent these things from happening in the future and remove the people in positions of authority who continue to allow it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does it say a kid is deserving of a pass on the tryout agenda or itinerary. I doubt any parent regardless of their sons pecking order in this age group would believe he is entitled to a roster spot. The kid who was reserved a spot is probably very good but any kid can be matched up against another great player and look mediocre in the eyes of the evaluators. On a more disturbing thought why should evaluators have any knowledge of a boys reputation or team affiliation if this is a National Lacrosse Event. The whole thing is rotten and perhaps a letter campaign to the Event sponsors or coordinators needs to be an option. It may not change this outcome but prevent these things from happening in the future and remove the people in positions of authority who continue to allow it.

You are 100% correct! The whole process has been flawed from the start. Yeah remember back in December when kids showed up in the freezing cold. Some very good kids got cut that day. Oh, then there was magically another tryout on indoor turf for a totally different group of kids under different circumstances. And then comes the "pride of LI" scam/ money grab. This event being on a Friday night after kids had a full day of school followed for many by an away league game. Kids,falling asleep in car on way because they are exhausted? But god forbid they tryout fresh Saturday morning. Then kids show up on roster who didn't tryout? Are you kidding? This event is rotten to the core.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why pit out the list now why not wait till they have a final roster and everyone has said yes.Is this to please the dads of the kids going to Jake Reed to say they made
brine..I hope they put out the new final list and let those kids get recognized..at least the ones that were at the tryout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is stated on the website:

"Participants can qualify to attend the Brine National All-Star Lacrosse Academy by attending a tryout in their region"

People should ask for a refund, as they did not even follow their own specifically stated process.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by America's Game
This type of stuff has been going on for a loooong time. Last year at the 2018 Pride of Long Island there were 77 kids and 3 teams at the tryout. These were the players that were selected from the 150 or more that tried out at the first Brine tryout. At the Pride of Long Island after an hour or so the players broken down to the final two teams. This was approximately 50 players. Which meant that about 27 kids were sent home before the final selections were made. It was determined that there was so much talent on those two final teams that Long Island would have 2 teams. (Team Long Island and Team New [lacrosse]). You would think that players who were on the final two teams would have been the obvious choice to make up the Team New [lacrosse]. Not the case. Players who were sent home before the final two teams miraculously made Team New [lacrosse]. Many people were left scratching their heads. Go figure that one out.

I have said it before and will say it again. This stuff will never be fair as long as evaluators who are affiliated with clubs who profit from advertising how many of their players make it to these so called elite events. Yes its a shame that players who actually showed up to the events and laid it all out on the line. Its a shame Brine knowingly allows for this type of BS. The worst part is the kids who were cheated. Yes they were cheated. If you don't go to a tryout out you don't make a team. To get a free pass. It shouldn't matter if you were on vacation or sick or hurt that's life and something parents need to understand. Yes a kid is one of the best players in the age group at least show up.

It also happened in 2018. So this is not an anomaly. The other thing is to my knowledge they have yet to even post the players for 2018 because of politics and players who knew they were going to one of the other events still tried out and took up slots. So let the powers that be at Brine know how you feel is all I can say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This type of stuff has been going on for a loooong time. Last year at the 2018 Pride of Long Island there were 77 kids and 3 teams at the tryout. These were the players that were selected from the 150 or more that tried out at the first Brine tryout. At the Pride of Long Island after an hour or so the players broken down to the final two teams. This was approximately 50 players. Which meant that about 27 kids were sent home before the final selections were made. It was determined that there was so much talent on those two final teams that Long Island would have 2 teams. (Team Long Island and Team New [lacrosse]). You would think that players who were on the final two teams would have been the obvious choice to make up the Team New [lacrosse]. Not the case. Players who were sent home before the final two teams miraculously made Team New [lacrosse]. Many people were left scratching their heads. Go figure that one out.

I have said it before and will say it again. This stuff will never be fair as long as evaluators who are affiliated with clubs who profit from advertising how many of their players make it to these so called elite events. Yes its a shame that players who actually showed up to the events and laid it all out on the line on the days they were supposed to got cheated. Its a shame Brine knowingly allows for this type of BS. The worst part is the kids who were cheated. Yes they were cheated. If you don't go to a tryout out you don't make a team. To get a free pass. It shouldn't matter if you were on vacation or sick or hurt that's life and something parents need to understand. Yes a kid is one of the best players in the age group at least show up.

It also happened in 2018. So this is not an anomaly. The other thing is to my knowledge they have yet to even post the players for 2018 because of politics and players who knew they were going to one of the other events still tried out and took up slots. So let the powers that be at Brine know how you feel is all I can say.

Well said!, and I already sent an email asking for an explanation. Hope others will do the same!

Last edited by America's Game; .
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So why pit out the list now why not wait till they have a final roster and everyone has said yes.Is this to please the dads of the kids going to Jake Reed to say they made
brine..I hope they put out the new final list and let those kids get recognized..at least the ones that were at the tryout

Where is the list posted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are 100% correct! The whole process has been flawed from the start. Yeah remember back in December when kids showed up in the freezing cold. Some very good kids got cut that day. Oh, then there was magically another tryout on indoor turf for a totally different group of kids under different circumstances. And then comes the "pride of LI" scam/ money grab. This event being on a Friday night after kids had a full day of school followed for many by an away league game. Kids,falling asleep in car on way because they are exhausted? But god forbid they tryout fresh Saturday morning. Then kids show up on roster who didn't tryout? Are you kidding? This event is rotten to the core.

don't blow things out of proportion. Rotten to the core, really! Sorry if your child did not make it. maybe in the world of you it was rotten to the core but as a whole they will field a very competitive teams with that "Core" of players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who makes the decision that they are the top players. It's only an opinion of a parent not a panel or has a panel been set up to judge who is best on the island. Is this decided by 91 and express. What if a kids parents can't afford to pay for 91 or express.I know some kids get a free ride on these teams but some
Fall thru the cracks.No parent has the right to be
Be judge and jury. Parents aren't the experts. So it's wrong in so many ways

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't need the very best from LI .the competition won't even be close. Too many good kids on the Island so you can throw that excuse out the window. it's time for these things to be exposed. A 2021 kid should not even think of trying out next year. You have no chance. they only want the older kids but will take your money if you want to try out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

don't blow things out of proportion. Rotten to the core, really! Sorry if your child did not make it. maybe in the world of you it was rotten to the core but as a whole they will field a very competitive teams with that "Core" of players.

This has nothing to do with who did/did not make it. It has to do with a fair tryout. Brine did not follow through on that end they took money every chance they got and offered no transparency into their process which was clearly contradictory to what they state on their website. The fact that kids are on roster but not at tryout is terrible, dishonest and yes rotten to core. They should have one tryout, pick from that,and be done with it. You show up and do well, you're in. Enough with secret added tryout dates and "Pride (money grab) of LI". By the time it's all said and done, you will have spent over 1000$ on a basically useless event during an important recruiting summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the core players .My guess is that try are all pretty good and don't need anyone specific. Maybe on their travel teams they do but not on this team. I wonder how the kids that didn't make it off the top teams feel now. They will be told by their directors that it was a tough competition and you weren't good enough.Meanwhile kids from their own team made it and didn't even show up. Tells you how high you are in their eyes. A little advise-- don't keep playing in someone else shadow . maybe you can be top dog someplace else instead of a role player or money gap filler at this age.. don't be held back by other peoples agenda. It's black
And white that's what it is. If you think it's best for your son then stay if not then move on with no regret..Writing seems to be on the wall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the crying about 3 kids missing the tryout, it was only one. He missed because of a Varsity game. He plays VARSITY lacrosse as an 8th Grader. I think that has to be a valid excuse for a middle school tryout. Every kid on list deserving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the crying about 3 kids missing the tryout, it was only one. He missed because of a Varsity game. He plays VARSITY lacrosse as an 8th Grader. I think that has to be a valid excuse for a middle school tryout. Every kid on list deserving.

Who cares what he plays. He wasn't at the tryout, and shouldn't be on the roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]All the crying about 3 kids missing the tryout, it was only one. He missed because of a Varsity game. He plays VARSITY lacrosse as an 8th Grader. I think that has to be a valid excuse for a middle school tryout. Every kid on list deserving. [/quot

What tine did the game
End? 10:00 ..is he there leading scorer ..does he play all
Game ?..Think before you put up some lane excuse ..more respect if you show up
..even more if he plays Brine instead of JR
S

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will most likely put 91 kids as alternate players to keep them
Happy... they have power

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about all the kids that went straight from their middle school games? The tryout was at night and he should gone right from his game like the other kids did!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't just say others were in the same situation. If you are in the know and look it up it wasn't just an after school game it was a night game. People in glass houses should not throw stones

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]All the crying about 3 kids missing the tryout, it was only one. He missed because of a Varsity game. He plays VARSITY lacrosse as an 8th Grader. I think that has to be a valid excuse for a middle school tryout. Every kid on list deserving. [/quot

What tine did the game

End? 10:00 ..is he there leading scorer ..does he play all
Game ?..Think before you put up some lane excuse ..more respect if you show up
..even more if he plays Brine instead of JR
S

yes an away night game... doesn't matter if the highest scorer or not! It is HS Vball and it does come before this.

Anyone who knows can look it up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding with that excuse for not going . they said to show up whenever you get there.Did the game go into 5 overtimes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alternates came out.another joke and my sons on it.Might as well call it 91 and company also .Must say 91 knows how to protect their own.So credit to you for that. If you play for 91 and didn't make either list it's most likely time to sadly move on.Everyone else made it from your team.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Interesting that an 8th grader is playing Varsity. I would never ask what town but do you really think an 8th grader would play Varsity in a powerhouse program. How often does that happen? If he's that good and plays Varsity in towns like WM, Manhasset, and GC that have large pools of players and talent. I don't mean to leave any of the other great lacrosse towns out but just naming a few. He must be exceptional. If he plays Varsity and is from a non powerhouse program where a good player with decent size in 8th grade could possibly be the best player in that town than playing varsity doesn't really say much. That doesn't make it ok that he missed the tryout. He deserved it based on reputation, yes. Not going to the tryout means you shouldn't make the team.

Page 11 of 26 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard