BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
Re: Boys 2016 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the poaching of players has begun.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I guess the poaching of players has begun.

Whats with the random comment? What do you mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Its all about the money, these lacrosse coach's can't find a real job so they take advantage of parents that know nothing about sports, most of the kids on these travel teams are not athletes, there parents just don't know it,they can't understand why there son isn't on the best team, win win win win $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ thats the game get use to it or get your kid out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Its all about the money, these lacrosse coach's can't find a real job so they take advantage of parents that know nothing about sports, most of the kids on these travel teams are not athletes, there parents just don't know it,they can't understand why there son isn't on the best team, win win win win $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ thats the game get use to it or get your kid out.

I've found that most of the parents on the top level teams are VERY knowledgeable about the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents know less then the coach's,thats how they get over, Explayers that have been successfull $$$$$$$$$ in other areas of life know the game, like it or not.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer travel lacrosse is NOT all about playing on the top super select team for most kids. Only some kids can play at that level. If you take a look at the top teams in any grade from each of the top four or five clubs, your only looking at maybe 100 plus kids. That's a very small percentage of the overall number of kids that play lacrosse in that grade across all of Long Island. Has got to be less than 2 or 3 percent of all the kids. Meaning that all those other kids need a place to play summer lacrosse. If they want to try and get better and play with the other 2 or 3 percent, they have got to play summer somewhere. These B and C teams that everyone likes to call "money makers" are where all the other 97+ percent of the kids play. Let me inform you, these kids play just as hard as the A team kids and work their tails off. They love the sport just as much as everyone else. By the way, from my experience many of these kids will be starting right along side of the other kids on many of your town middle school, JV and Varsity teams. Why? Because they played summer ball, worked hard and earned a spot. All summer ball should be about is getting better, before 9th grade. After that it matters for recruiting.
No, I'm not part of any club, just a parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ooooh no one will be cut, its all about the money and winning, the express questioned there abilty to win put the word out and made the team better by adding players its not the frist or last time this happen, who wants to pay top dollar to put there kid on a team that looses no one, Express has win at all cost policy to protect the next year's money or roster they go together, express is the best program in the north east like it or not

The "adults" on this thread arguing about which club is the best look like a bunch of idiots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't you mean "loses"? Express may be the best but it can't get you anywhere is you can't spell!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't you mean "loses"? Express may be the best but it can't get you anywhere is you can't spell!!!!

Grammar is also important! LOL

The summer tournaments are just around the corner for these teams. Should be an interesting summer. Does anyone have the express summer schedule? They are the only club not posting any team schedules on their website. Maybe it's all top secret!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any smart follower of this site knows to look at their (Express') Hotel schedule to see which tournaments the teams are headed to.

Doesnt seem like a secret just seems like they just dont want to make it easy for us.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. Made me chuckle. Grammar is also important

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any smart follower of this site knows to look at their (Express') Hotel schedule to see which tournaments the teams are headed to.

Doesnt seem like a secret just seems like they just dont want to make it easy for us.

What about the local tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh no....it is a secret!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 Express Orange was supposed to play Turtles yesterday. Is 2016 Express Orange the Barracuda team? Either way, anyone know what happened in game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
canceled

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess if you are not a part of the organization why do you need to know!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the Express 2016 team is so good, why are they playing the Turtles? Didn't they beat them soundly with half their team earlier this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Baracudas (Express 2016) want to play Crabs , Hawks, Looneys, GT ect they need to refrain from playing 2017 teams??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow here we go the Speculators and the Lax Police are back!!! Go get them! They shouldn't play Lax in NY MD or VA (HA HA HA). Remember August will be here soon, it will shake out with who had the best record soon enough. I have an idea! Get your teams director to set up a game, many teams from outside NY have played them so now get your director to call the Express director and ask for a game. I bet they will oblige you and play, lets go go go.

In closing--Don't worry about them worry about YOUR team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to imagine the 2016 Express Orange would have a game set up to play down against the 2017 Turtles (Express) unless the 2017 Turtles insisted on it. I don't have a horse here but could this be confused with the Green Turtles, which is a 2016 team? If anything, if they really want to test themselves "within the Express family" the 2016 Express Orange should insist on playing up against the 2015 Express Orange. I think it would be a competitive game and maybe not something the 2015 folks would want to see?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the Express 2016 team is so good, why are they playing the Turtles? Didn't they beat them soundly with half their team earlier this year?

First, learn the facts. 1. The Cuda's scrimmaged WITH the Turtles prior to Dicks TOC. There was no score, there were no refs. 2. There was from what I heard an unfortunate situation with a parents health on the Cuda's side. 3. The 2016 Cuda's are very good and the 2017 Turtles are very good. Both probably untouchable by any other LI team in their age group.

Play your own game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In your opinion how did the scrimmage go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sad to hear about the LI parent. When we (Crabs) came up to UMMA last month and played the 2016 Express the parents were very kind and complimentary. The Crabs boys unanimously felt that the Express is (and for the second time) one of the top teams they have and will play. Thanks for the clarification about the 2017/ 2016 scrimmage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Requested by Turtles coaches as it was back in Dec. 2016 Orange have not ducked anybody

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand why two teams can't scrimmage each other to work on certain parts of the game under game conditions without people keeping score. Does it really matter if they were a year older/younger? If both teams are getting something out of the scrimmage isn't that what really matters here? If you want top keep track of wins/losses, wait until the tournaments start and the teams start playing for something. In the end, we are talking about 13 and 14 y.o. boys. Let them have some fun for a while and play because they enjoy it and are learning, not because the parents have to win.

I hope everyone on the Express side is ok.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry I didn't know this was going to be graded, may be you should put the book down and pick up a stick with your kid in the yard , I'll bet he would love it , then try making the orange team LMAO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to imagine the 2016 Express Orange would have a game set up to play down against the 2017 Turtles (Express) unless the 2017 Turtles insisted on it. I don't have a horse here but could this be confused with the Green Turtles, which is a 2016 team? If anything, if they really want to test themselves "within the Express family" the 2016 Express Orange should insist on playing up against the 2015 Express Orange. I think it would be a competitive game and maybe not something the 2015 folks would want to see?

no 2015 teams are playing yet, these boys are in HS and are playing for their JV and Varsity's, when EXP orange 2015 and 2016 do scrimmage it will be 40 - 50 of the best laxers on long island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whats hard to imagine about a 2017 team looking to play up? And no it was not confused with the Green Turtles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry I didn't know this was going to be graded, may be you should put the book down and pick up a stick with your kid in the yard , I'll bet he would love it , then try making the orange team LMAO

He could if he wanted to but, he's happy where he's at. BTW, thanks for the advice. You made me laugh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the Express Faithful are out in full force today. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing wrong with anyone looking to play up. Not sure of the advantages of playing down in this age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax Police!!!! That's great!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no 2015 teams are playing yet, these boys are in HS and are playing for their JV and Varsity's, when EXP orange 2015 and 2016 do scrimmage it will be 40 - 50 of the best laxers on long island

2015 would smoke 2016 - huge difference in talent at every position. Trust me on this. This would only benefit 2016 so not worth it for 2015 to bother. 2015 Orange should only play up vs 2014 Orange or Blue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems as if, going with the majority's logic here - one's team should never play down, only play up. If that is the case, these games would never take place as there would never be anyone older agreeing to play the younger team.
When there is an dominant team in an age bracket, they want to test their skills by playing up. Is the older team doing the younger team a "solid" by playing them - yes, of course. There is no benefit to the older team if they win - "Well they should win they are older" or if G forbid they lose "Maybe they aren't that good after all." These games are just games - there's no t-shirt for the winners, no pic on the website. It is all preparation for the coming tournament season. And as the games in question are within the Express dysfunctional "family", in the end would seem good for the entire program. Good for the Cudas for playing the Turtles and vice versa. BTW - they scrimmaged this past weekend. Who cares what players were there or weren't there - on that day in that game, the score was 6-4 Cudas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems as if, going with the majority's logic here - one's team should never play down, only play up. If that is the case, these games would never take place as there would never be anyone older agreeing to play the younger team.
When there is an dominant team in an age bracket, they want to test their skills by playing up. Is the older team doing the younger team a "solid" by playing them - yes, of course. There is no benefit to the older team if they win - "Well they should win they are older" or if G forbid they lose "Maybe they aren't that good after all." These games are just games - there's no t-shirt for the winners, no pic on the website. It is all preparation for the coming tournament season. And as the games in question are within the Express dysfunctional "family", in the end would seem good for the entire program. Good for the Cudas for playing the Turtles and vice versa. BTW - they scrimmaged this past weekend. Who cares what players were there or weren't there - on that day in that game, the score was 6-4 Cudas.

Exactly right. Do have to say I enjoyed the 4-1 Turtles at the half though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could not agree more. The problem is these teams should work with each other but ego's get in the way. The turtles are a fun team to watch. Their skills are amazing there goalies are great and their speed is fun to watch. With the exception of a hanful of teams express orange has played turtles move the ball better than most. Turtles go up 4 to 0 there was no panic from Mike C He changed the game to press the ball slide 2 close the back door turtles don't score again. Both teams can learn from each other instead of the need to win. The turtles coach taunting the crowd only motivated orange and it was the worst display of sportsmanship imaginable. A orange parent posted a while ago telling turtles less is best you guys have a good thing don't brag or taunt just enjoy

Exactly right. Do have to say I enjoyed the 4-1 Turtles at the half though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The turtles coach taunting the crowd only motivated orange and it was the worst display of sportsmanship imaginable. A orange parent posted a while ago telling turtles less is best you guys have a good thing don't brag or taunt just enjoy

I saw him in action last year. The turtles lost an OBLL game and the coach gave the kids a verbal beat down complete with language that would make a sailor blush. He had half the team in tears by the time he was done. I don't care how good of a coach he is or how many tournaments the kids win...is this really who would you'd want coaching you kid? If the parents were more interested in their kids than winning lacrosse games, someone would have returned the favor and pulled their kid from the team. These aren't college kids, they're 12 yo after all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which coach was taunting the crowd?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go Crabs!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The turtles coach taunting the crowd only motivated orange and it was the worst display of sportsmanship imaginable. A orange parent posted a while ago telling turtles less is best you guys have a good thing don't brag or taunt just enjoy

I saw him in action last year. The turtles lost an OBLL game and the coach gave the kids a verbal beat down complete with language that would make a sailor blush. He had half the team in tears by the time he was done. I don't care how good of a coach he is or how many tournaments the kids win...is this really who would you'd want coaching you kid? If the parents were more interested in their kids than winning lacrosse games, someone would have returned the favor and pulled their kid from the team. These aren't college kids, they're 12 yo after all.

Way out of line with this one. Total fabrication!

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard