BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Back to School Girls. Must have been fair since no one complaining yet? Any feedback? Results posted?

No rosters posted yet that is why there are no complaints

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not see a drop off in talent after this year for long island girls lacrosse. Many varsity teams have starting freshmen, some have eighth graders and a handful have amazing seventh graders. Why anticipate a talent drop off when there are so many "young" teams? Never underestimate the filling of shoes when seniors graduate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not see a drop off in talent after this year for long island girls lacrosse. Many varsity teams have starting freshmen, some have eighth graders and a handful have amazing seventh graders. Why anticipate a talent drop off when there are so many "young" teams? Never underestimate the filling of shoes when seniors graduate.
If your judging the quality of lacrosse by that than it's worse than I anticipated. Lets be honest, most girls that get pulled up are there more because of politics than talent. Earlier this year a Riverhead parent was boasting how competitive they would be because of the 7th and 8th grade additions, and there a very non competitive 4-7 with wins against Copiague, Whitman, Brentwood , and Lindi. There is no underclassman "lighting it up" anywhere. The fact that varsity teams are turning to 7th, 8th and 9th graders is a symptom of the problem. why aren't there enough 10th, 11th & 12th graders efficient to roster a full squad? With the rate of growth and popularity there should be hundreds of girls we should be talking about in those grades, not the pull ups. Look south, this isn't a problem in Md. only the best 9th and 10th graders get pulled up, forget about 7th and 8th. But you guys keep telling your little "superstar" that she is too good to play P.A.L. Soon she will need those P.A.L. superstars to fill her varsity roster because the girls without the resources or dedicated family's will fall between the cracks and never get any better, and your High School teams will always be bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your judging the quality of lacrosse by that than it's worse than I anticipated. Lets be honest, most girls that get pulled up are there more because of politics than talent. Earlier this year a Riverhead parent was boasting how competitive they would be because of the 7th and 8th grade additions, and there a very non competitive 4-7 with wins against Copiague, Whitman, Brentwood , and Lindi. There is no underclassman "lighting it up" anywhere. The fact that varsity teams are turning to 7th, 8th and 9th graders is a symptom of the problem. why aren't there enough 10th, 11th & 12th graders efficient to roster a full squad? With the rate of growth and popularity there should be hundreds of girls we should be talking about in those grades, not the pull ups. Look south, this isn't a problem in Md. only the best 9th and 10th graders get pulled up, forget about 7th and 8th. But you guys keep telling your little "superstar" that she is too good to play P.A.L. Soon she will need those P.A.L. superstars to fill her varsity roster because the girls without the resources or dedicated family's will fall between the cracks and never get any better, and your High School teams will always be bad.

Look at the programs that are at the top of their divisions every year....GC, Sett, CSH, ESM , WI, Wantagh, Massapequa.....
All have strong youth programs and rarely have a MS kid on their rosters . That is why they are always at the top in the standings. One or two players cant win it in the playoffs. Just ask EI & WB

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When can a player expect some follow-up? she received an email confirmation about making a team, and that the coach will be in contact, but nothing since. nothing on LIMLF website either. the tournament is 3 weeks away

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the programs that are at the top of their divisions every year....GC, Sett, CSH, ESM , WI, Wantagh, Massapequa.....
All have strong youth programs and rarely have a MS kid on their rosters . That is why they are always at the top in the standings. One or two players cant win it in the playoffs. Just ask EI & WB

You guys are really very funny. Of the teams that you just mentioned I am only familiar with ESM and Mass. ESM consistently pulls up middle school kids for the past 4-5 years and I have seen Mass do it also. The other poster basing their opinion that lax talent on LI will drop off after this year on what some delusional Riverhead parent said is comical.I would tend to base that evaluation on success of the local summer travel teams compared to their cohorts in Maryland. If you are honest their is little to no drop off and most probably an improvement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are mainly right, except that CSH consistently has 8th graders on their rosters. Two this year even. Unfortunately, they barely play because CSH is a very old team, but both are definitely solid players who probably would have benefitted from playing maybe one more year with girls their age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys are really very funny. Of the teams that you just mentioned I am only familiar with ESM and Mass. ESM consistently pulls up middle school kids for the past 4-5 years and I have seen Mass do it also. The other poster basing their opinion that lax talent on LI will drop off after this year on what some delusional Riverhead parent said is comical.I would tend to base that evaluation on success of the local summer travel teams compared to their cohorts in Maryland. If you are honest their is little to no drop off and most probably an improvement.
So Let me get this right, A mother that is unfamiliar with Garden City, Manhasset, Wantaugh, Cold Spring Harbor, and West Islip is going to tell me that the state of Long Island lacrosse is strong? That really is very funny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So Let me get this right, A mother that is unfamiliar with Garden City, Manhasset, Wantaugh, Cold Spring Harbor, and West Islip is going to tell me that the state of Long Island lacrosse is strong? That really is very funny

School ball may be seeing some talent fluctuations, while some are growing weaker, other teams are growing stronger. To put a finger on the collective talent of LI lax you need to look to the elite travel clubs. I am familiar with many of the LI age groups for the last 8 or 9 years. Certainly a few weaker age a groups but also some very strong, but same thing in MD or anywhere else. Definitely do not agree with talent getting weaker on the whole, that's just someone's over inflated opinion of themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I do not see a drop off in talent after this year for long island girls lacrosse. Many varsity teams have starting freshmen, some have eighth graders and a handful have amazing seventh graders. Why anticipate a talent drop off when there are so many "young" teams? Never underestimate the filling of shoes when seniors graduate.

School ball may be seeing some talent fluctuations, while some are growing weaker, other teams are growing stronger. To put a finger on the collective talent of LI lax you need to look to the elite travel clubs. I am familiar with many of the LI age groups for the last 8 or 9 years. Certainly a few weaker age a groups but also some very strong, but same thing in MD or anywhere else. Definitely do not agree with talent getting weaker on the whole, that's just someone's over inflated opinion of themselves. [/quote

Best post so far .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if the actual school girls rosters get posted anywhere ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if the actual school girls rosters get posted anywhere ?

i'm waiting for the same thing...less than 3 weeks till this thing starts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone received any additional info? last message was about making a team and that the coach will be in contac withyou shortly.. nothing since..anyone hear from LI team 3 coaches yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone received any additional info? last message was about making a team and that the coach will be in contac withyou shortly.. nothing since..anyone hear from LI team 3 coaches yet?

Daughter made team 2 and we have not heard anything past the original notification.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 3 hasn't heard anything either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if they have any practices before they go in 2 weeks? Received notification who the coach is but no news from coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting scores from schoolgirls so far ...

Very tight games. Mass/RI 1 tying LI metro 1 is a surprise although Mass beat Philly and DC 1s so maybe a strong team this year.

Baltimore 1 tying 2 games and LI metro 2 being 1-1-1 all a bit surprising to me as well.

Looks like a lot of parity this year. Great tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very tight games. Mass/RI 1 tying LI metro 1 is a surprise although Mass beat Philly and DC 1s so maybe a strong team this year.

Baltimore 1 tying 2 games and LI metro 2 being 1-1-1 all a bit surprising to me as well.

Looks like the above poster was right. Girls lax seems to be on the way down on L.I.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mass 2 beats LI 2 to knock LI 2 out of championship bracket. The Mass teams are really looking strong.

Semis going on right now ...

Mass 1 vs Baltimore 1
LI 1 vs NJ North 1

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Mass 2 beats LI 2 to knock LI 2 out of championship bracket. The Mass teams are really looking strong.

Semis going on right now ...

Mass 1 vs Baltimore 1
LI 1 vs NJ North 1

Thanks for the updates. KEEP EM COMIN'

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI 1 turned it on in the playoffs and ran away w the finals 17-4 over Balt 1

Mass 1 after a 1 goal loss to Balt in Semis beat NJ North 1 11-10 in OT for 3rd.

LI 1 looked to be clear best after a tight pool round and Balt/Mass/NJ all really closely bunched between 2-4.

Very competitive weekend and great to see teams from all over the country raising their level of play.

US U19 team last night was dominant against a Lasota-less Canadian team 19-4.

Looking forward to a great NCAA Championship game tonight at PPL Park.

Rooting for a UNC upset!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like the above poster was right. Girls lax seems to be on the way down on L.I.

Don't think it's on the way down on LI as they dominated finals, but would say it's on the way up in many other parts of the country. And that's a great thing for the sport IMHO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were there many college coaches? Is this tournament considered a recruiting event?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's because all the LI girls are playing for the U19 team and can't help out the regional schoolgirls team. Yet they still win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were there many college coaches? Is this tournament considered a recruiting event?

On Saturday yes, there were many, today I didn't see any.

About half the girls on LI 3 are uncommitted, they drew a good audience of coaches.

We went 4-1 for the weekend .. But did not get to play in the playoff bracket unfortunately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask shannon smith and kelly amonte. They were both there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can you find the rosters for the school girls teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the program from the event. The way it should be

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 girl from Long Island that is not a senior on US u19 team . yhere goes that theory genius.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 girl from Long Island that is not a senior on US u19 team . yhere goes that theory genius.

I knew some long island yahoo was going to try the u19 thing. Thank you for calling them out w the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea Maryland!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its amazing how ridiculous so many of you are. You could not wait to come on here and claim LI lacrosse is on the decline. If you look at the results from this past weekend it shows the exact opposite. Have been following school girls for many years now and would say LI Metro team one had the most dominating performance in bracket play that I can remember. If you want to use school girls as any sort of barometer I would say LI girls lacrosse is doing just fine and the current 10-11th graders have been able to show an even wider gap between themselves and the rest of the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that LI metro team 1 would give the usa u19 team a run for there money. they are as good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that LI metro team 1 would give the usa u19 team a run for there money. they are as good.

Easy mom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last years Team 1 was way better than this year. Remember last year was a U-19 year, which means more kids (top players) will come out and play. School girls has lost its steam as far as the quality of players coming out (besides last year). It has always been pegged as a recruiting tournament and many of the committed girls just try out for UA. In NY the playoffs are still going on and kids don't want to jeopardize their playoff season to participate. For the parent who is saying the LI Metro team this year is better than the U-19 team or even team 1 last yr, u are clueless!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last years Team 1 was way better than this year. Remember last year was a U-19 year, which means more kids (top players) will come out and play. School girls has lost its steam as far as the quality of players coming out (besides last year). It has always been pegged as a recruiting tournament and many of the committed girls just try out for UA. In NY the playoffs are still going on and kids don't want to jeopardize their playoff season to participate. For the parent who is saying the LI Metro team this year is better than the U-19 team or even team 1 last yr, u are clueless!

Well here is my deduction, you are the clueless one! By what you stated your child did not participate this year; either cut, team 2 or 3 and "but to good" to play on T2 or T3, to old or didn't participate because your HS team is in the playoffs "LOL" Well let me fill you there were many of the 24 who were still in the playoffs that participated along with the ones that weren't were all D1 commits and very talented players. Bottom line is you weren't there to compare U19 or last years team to this years, what I can state for a fact no body who participated or the parents at this years event made any such comparisons. LI Metro 1 played whom ever was put in front of them and won the tournament, the team was comprised of many different HS and clubs alike they played as a team, enjoyed the experience and represented Long Island with pride. Congrats girls job well done!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First I would like to say comparing schoolgirls 1 to the U-19 team is crazy. With that said, with the exception of 1 or 2 girls team 1 was not really missing anybody that didn't tryout. The roster was what would have been expected. so to come on here and say that many girls skipped it is not really accurate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really are clueless. First off the person stating the U19 team thing was just stirring the pot and you took the bait. Second according to your logic the team from last year would be better than any other team from 2011-2017 which is possible but not probable. The best kids on LI still go and tryout , you had several kids who made teams last year and this year did not make a team or made a lower team. No one said this team was better than any other years team , they were just using the teams results show that the talent on LI is still very good if not the best in the country. We get it your little superstar is a senior and LI girls lacrosse will never be the same without her.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard