BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 32 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 31 32
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So what if the number of kids in a grade is 23, 8 "A" players, 8 "B"players, and 7 "C/ new" players? Where do you put the team? PAL Rule states all teams 3rd grade and above must have 15 players to be eligible so there can only be 1 team. Do you play at the B level and have kids playing up and down in divisions or do you have all kids play at the A level and hope B-/C kids make it through the season. 2 teams would be ideal but it does not work when games are scheduled around the same times. If they are in the same grade, does an "A" player playing in the "B" division make the team a bunch of sandbaggers?

Make an honest evaluation of your TEAM, not the individual players on it, and pick the division that you think fits best. Do what is best for the kids - challenge them to help them improve without putting them in a position where they can't compete. If it turns out you were wrong, make the appropriate adjustment up or down the following year. This is not life or death stuff - just use common sense.

Bringing kids up from a lower division to fill in for kids in a higher division is fine. And by the way, You would put a team having 10 "A" kids and 6 "B" kids in the A division to see how they do?? Clearly you've never played any of the teams in the A division. Unless your whole team is solid you will be crucified every game. And while I agree that it's not all about winning, it IS about keeping kids interested in the sport and keeping the numbers up so you don't have 25 kids on one team. Getting killed week in and week out sucks. From a player, coach and parent perspective.

So, again, if I'm short players, I'm grabbing them from the second team. No one will say jack. Even if a team grabs players from the first team, you can't coach your team to isolate one or two players? They can only score 4 goals each.

I am confused by your post.

In my experience, many of the A teams only have about 10 A players. The rest are really B (and some c)players. Am I crazy for thinking this.

For towns with 2 teams the A team is usually the A players with the better B players. The 2nd team is the B players with no political connections and the c players

The A teams that I've played have no weaknesses. They are strong line to line.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what if the number of kids in a grade is 23, 8 "A" players, 8 "B"players, and 7 "C/ new" players? Where do you put the team? PAL Rule states all teams 3rd grade and above must have 15 players to be eligible so there can only be 1 team. Do you play at the B level and have kids playing up and down in divisions or do you have all kids play at the A level and hope B-/C kids make it through the season. 2 teams would be ideal but it does not work when games are scheduled around the same times. If they are in the same grade, does an "A" player playing in the "B" division make the team a bunch of sandbaggers?

Make an honest evaluation of your TEAM, not the individual players on it, and pick the division that you think fits best. Do what is best for the kids - challenge them to help them improve without putting them in a position where they can't compete. If it turns out you were wrong, make the appropriate adjustment up or down the following year. This is not life or death stuff - just use common sense.

Bringing kids up from a lower division to fill in for kids in a higher division is fine. And by the way, You would put a team having 10 "A" kids and 6 "B" kids in the A division to see how they do?? Clearly you've never played any of the teams in the A division. Unless your whole team is solid you will be crucified every game. And while I agree that it's not all about winning, it IS about keeping kids interested in the sport and keeping the numbers up so you don't have 25 kids on one team. Getting killed week in and week out sucks. From a player, coach and parent perspective.

So, again, if I'm short players, I'm grabbing them from the second team. No one will say jack. Even if a team grabs players from the first team, you can't coach your team to isolate one or two players? They can only score 4 goals each.

I am confused by your post.

In my experience, many of the A teams only have about 10 A players. The rest are really B (and some c)players. Am I crazy for thinking this.

For towns with 2 teams the A team is usually the A players with the better B players. The 2nd team is the B players with no political connections and the c players

The A teams that I've played have no weaknesses. They are strong line to line.

No weakness? Come on. The best kid and the 24th would be a big gap. That's why you change out bottom 4 or 5 yearly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No weakness on a town PAL A team? Hard to believe. This is PAL thread not a club team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No weakness on a town PAL A team? Hard to believe. This is PAL thread not a club team.

There are some town teams that could beat club teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anybody with some info on that sachem topic?

My guess is too much squabbling between SYAG and Sachem. Also, kids are spread out over 5 teams. Instead of making teams competitive (A, B, C, D, E) they mix them so that they are all very weak. It's unfortunate. They should be a powerhouse youth program but they're not even remotely there.

And yes, some of the coaches are absolute trash.

Correct, there are two youth lax programs in Sachem that drown out the talent pool, SSC and SYAG. My guess is that it's the only town/district that has two youth programs competing against each other.

And Sachem also splits the teams into North and East at a much younger age now as well.

The landscape of town/rec lacrosse has changed. Town programs are more and more being run like clubs and those towns that have adopted this have developed kids at quicker rate.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best statement of the year. sounds like that's what they need to do. probably a lot of dopes running the program who's kids are the best on their teams and that's all they care about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You hit the nail right on the head! Both leagues being run now by 2 dopes absolutely ruining the Sachem lacrosse programs. There are "cliques" at every grade level on every team that are catered to by "the powers that be", if you're "in" you coach and give preferential treatment to the sons of the other parents in the clique, many of the coaches have little to no lax experience and it is showing on the field come game day. High school coaches are aware of the problems in the youth leagues and are now trying to get a summer youth program started for the kids. We'll just have to wait and see what happens with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa has the same problem, one guy destroying 2 age groups.. And the board of directors do nothing, shame on them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won GC vs CSH?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won GC vs CSH?
Who won GC vs CSH?

CSH

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any good 2021 PAL games today? how did pat med do? how about shoreham? I have friends whos kids are on both teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Score?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes. how did both of those teams do today in their respective games? what was the score? of pat meds game and shoreham? in the 2021 division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shoreham over rocky point 13-5 , both teams had small roster , swr still with suspensions , rocky point with 1 sub, Shoreham 3 subs , rocky point had a good Fogo. great sportsmanship between both teams Unlike 2 weeks ago playing Smithtown .

any good 2021 PAL games today? how did pat med do? how about shoreham? I have friends whos kids are on both teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow thanks for that? Yeah I've seen it a few times so far in this age group. boys are starting to get a little chippy at this age I assume

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes. how did both of those teams do today in their respective games? what was the score? of pat meds game and shoreham? in the 2021 division

ESM vs Sachem East in 2021 division today. Game ended in tie with ESM scoring tying goal with seconds left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow thanks for that? Yeah I've seen it a few times so far in this age group. boys are starting to get a little chippy at this age I assume

Puberty kicking in I guess....LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How'd it go with 4th grade today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don't you ask your friends?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
couldn't get a hold of them genious

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How'd it go with 4th grade today?

Port Jeff played Sayville. We lost 7-1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown played rp last weekend which was very competitive with a final score of 5-3 , they must have been missing a few of their better players to lose by that much of a margin to swr.

Shoreham over rocky point 13-5 , both teams had small roster , swr still with suspensions , rocky point with 1 sub, Shoreham 3 subs , rocky point had a good Fogo. great sportsmanship between both teams Unlike 2 weeks ago playing Smithtown .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
see now that's a goof game. last second goal

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good game I mean

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please explain comment ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please explain comment ?

I'm thinking it was a typo....goof = good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the top 2021 teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah sorry about that. hands are too big for the phone lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in PAL? probably smithtown shoreham csh garden city northport bay shore and maybe Sachem. not too sure about the last three but they're usually competitive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhassett, Franklin Square, Smithtown, CSH the best in 2021 in no particular order...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone besides the money grabbing DLM organization (preferably a town organization) should set up a battle of the long island towns tournament possibly a couple of Suffolk County town and a couple of Nassau County town directors get together and plan an event at a district somewhere on the island who can field a large enough crowd , all proceeds goto event organizing Cost and the rest to a children's charity of some sort .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's a good group starting with manhassett

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone besides the money grabbing DLM organization (preferably a town organization) should set up a battle of the long island towns tournament possibly a couple of Suffolk County town and a couple of Nassau County town directors get together and plan an event at a district somewhere on the island who can field a large enough crowd , all proceeds goto event organizing Cost and the rest to a children's charity of some sort .

You're missing the point of PAL. It is, an always was about having a place for kids to play and develop. Some towns take it WAY too serious. If you want your son to compete for Championships there are so many options out there. Not saying PAL shouldn't be competitive, but it should stay true to it's developmental roots. It should be inclusive, and it should provide an atmosphere that provides the average player an opportunity to grow. And before you cast dispersions, my kids are older. One playing in college, another on Varsity as a freshman. Point is, PAL gave them a place to learn the game, despite the nut jobs that wanted to have A teams in 3rd grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're missing the point of PAL. It is, an always was about having a place for kids to play and develop. Some towns take it WAY too serious. If you want your son to compete for Championships there are so many options out there. Not saying PAL shouldn't be competitive, but it should stay true to it's developmental roots. It should be inclusive, and it should provide an atmosphere that provides the average player an opportunity to grow. And before you cast dispersions, my kids are older. One playing in college, another on Varsity as a freshman. Point is, PAL gave them a place to learn the game, despite the nut jobs that wanted to have A teams in 3rd grade.

I agree. No A teams till 4th grade smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Although you are correct in having a place for a kid to develop and yes there are many other options out there but also keep in mind as many of these conversations are one way streets for the non skilled kids parents who feel left out and create Kaos that separation of teams is wrong and unfair , Yes you have kids who are above and beyond the basic skills , lets keep in mind many towns have created separate brackets to handle this GAP Span in skillset , and before everyone starts to bash this comment of keeping all teams together as one VS separation , you answer this question ? is it fair for that kid who is just learning and developing basic skill sets to be in the mix with a kid who goes to clinics year round , plays travel , and has advanced a lot quicker only to mingle the two together causing bad habits for the kid who takes it serious VS discouraging the kid who will get the wrong message while developing because he still is in his learning phase? its a catch 22 with this topic , people get caught up in the competitive aspect with their own TOWN program and guess what ?? there is nothing wrong with it ! explain the fairness for both sides of the fence that kids should all be on one team? It starts with the PAL programs themselves , if they did not create brackets , maybe you would not have this issue of staying " TRUE to its developmental roots"
There is nothing wrong with taking the competitive team if at all any from each district to play for a championship. A life lesson for some kids on a different level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sachem north 2021 tough team. great in transistion. don't think they've lost yet. goalie is like a cat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem North 2021 is such a tough team that they play PAL in the C division? Get a grip goalies Dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem North 2021 is such a tough team that they play PAL in the C division? Get a grip goalies Dad.

I'm thinking it was the goalie.
LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sachem north 2021 tough team. great in transistion. don't think they've lost yet. goalie is like a cat.

Pretty sure they lost to Rocky Point. Don't hold me to it though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do thy measure up to Smithtown's or Bay Shore's top teams?

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 32 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 31 32
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard