BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons organization should be thoroughly embarrassed. Age has nothing to do with anything in a Grade Based Event - period - end of story. 2021 Teams cannot have 7th grade players - not even 1. I hope this is a lesson for any Teams billing themselves as 2021 - that have a 7th grader who may meet some age definition.....It does not matter - and Parents should know this. If a Tournament has a Grade Based Division - and it is example 2021 - then 100% of the Roster must be in 6th Grade or below. This is Black and White issue - it is flat out Cheating.

Here is the email about the Sons from the League Director who just stoop up and did right thing. Tournament Directors will not allow this either - in Grade Based Events:

Dear Coaches and Club Directors,

The Advisory Board of the Mid-Atlantic Spring League recently determined that the Rising Sons 6th grade team had been playing this entire spring with two 7th graders on their roster. The rules of Mid-Atlantic Spring League strictly prohibit players from competing in divisions below their grade level The rule on this point was made clear to all clubs multiple times prior to the beginning of league play this Spring. First, the rule was set forth in the initial email welcoming teams into the league. Second, League Directors reviewed the rule on a conference call with all coaches, refs, and club directors participating in the Spring League. And, finally, the rule was reiterated in an email from the League Director in the week before the league initiated on March 15th.

Accordingly, we have determined that the conduct of the Rising Sons 6th grade team constitutes a flagrant violation of clearly communicated league rules. When directly asked about the situation, the Rising Sons club director confirmed the violation.

In response the league will take the following measures:

1. The Mid-Atlantic Spring League does not crown champions, and is more about player development than winning, but as a matter of principle the Rising Sons 6th grade team will forfeit all wins in the league in which ineligible players participated. Those games will be scored as 1-0 defeats per Federation rules.

2. The two 7th graders in question will not be allowed to play in the 6th grade division for the remainder of the league

3. The Rising Sons 2021 coach is barred from coaching in the league for the remainder of the season.

The Mid-Atlantic Spring League was founded to give like-minded programs that focus on year-round player development an opportunity to play fair and competitive games against each other. This principle fails if clubs are not willing to follow the agreed-upon rules. The league will adopt a zero-tolerance policy towards intentional violations of the age rules going forward, and reserves the right to permanently ban any future violators.

Let's play the remainder of the season honoring the game, your opponent and the officials.

Sincerely,

Jeff Baxter
League Director

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that's the standard then the Crabs 2021 team should forfeit any/all wins as too!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs team has only 2021 grad year kids on it despite what the Rising Sons Director keeps telling everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If that's the standard then the Crabs 2021 team should forfeit any/all wins as too!!

If the Crabs have 2020 players on a 2021 team, shouldn't that be easy to prove.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is very sad what has happened to club lacrosse in the Philadelphia area. There are a large number of clubs, which is fine, and there a small few who are high level and can play against top level teams. They all enjoyed a healthy level of competition with many of the kids knowing each other and the coaches all being friendly and in some cases actually very good friends. In that environment there was a philosophy of cooperation across clubs to help kids succeed, it was being done the right way.
That all changes when Rising Sons started 2 to 3 years ago. They decided that instead of taking the approach of growing organically they would recruit. They would recruit from teams WHILE playing in tournaments. Their concentration initially was non-lacrosse playing fathers who had sons who were good players and they went after them. Promising everything from exposure to "scholarships" to Malvern Prep their director pillaged multiple programs and leveraged John McEvoy's name, coach at Malvern Prep. He even told multiple parents that there are scholarships to be had in the Inter Ac league. Basically they have now burned every bridge in the southeastern PA area and will not be invited back next year to the NXT Conshohocken league they were caught cheating in recently. They claim that "every club allows kids who MAY stay back to move to that year now" and also that he "has done more for youth lacrosse than anyone else". Both are lies. This man is building a cult and has decided to take shots at major programs, saying HHH is "for guys who want to play division 3" and Dukes is "over". It's appalling that this man is being allowed to coach and work with kids. Parents need to understand that lacrosse is like a big fraternity, it is crucial that all the boys have options and when you play for a program that has made so many enemies you are limiting their options.
What is even more disgusting is the two high prestige coaches who have been sucked in. Kevin Donnelly, coach at Spring-Ford, is a coach and was involved in the cheating scandal as was John McEvoy, the coach at Malvern Prep. Both will say they did not know but EVERYONE knew and the feeling of everyone is that any adult who allowed this to happen is guilty.
If you also look at the sideline behavior of their director Tad Doyle, who never played lacrosse, and Head coach Kris Gucwa, who played one fall semester at UMBC you would be disgusted. Nothing will change until a parent decides that winning does not need to be done at all costs. These parents are blinded by chasing Igloo on Long Island when they should be concentrating on their kids being coached by responsible adults. Coach McEvoy and Coach Donnelly will have their great reputations ruined, it has already started.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What BS whoever wrote this. Such a classes person to write such lies. Go away, stop with the jealousy and envy. When you put facts with a bunch of lies people throw the whole thing out. You sound like a kid, probably are.
It is very sad what has happened to club lacrosse in the Philadelphia area. There are a large number of clubs, which is fine, and there a small few who are high level and can play against top level teams. They all enjoyed a healthy level of competition with many of the kids knowing each other and the coaches all being friendly and in some cases actually very good friends. In that environment there was a philosophy of cooperation across clubs to help kids succeed, it was being done the right way.
That all changes when Rising Sons started 2 to 3 years ago. They decided that instead of taking the approach of growing organically they would recruit. They would recruit from teams WHILE playing in tournaments. Their concentration initially was non-lacrosse playing fathers who had sons who were good players and they went after them. Promising everything from exposure to "scholarships" to Malvern Prep their director pillaged multiple programs and leveraged John McEvoy's name, coach at Malvern Prep. He even told multiple parents that there are scholarships to be had in the Inter Ac league. Basically they have now burned every bridge in the southeastern PA area and will not be invited back next year to the NXT Conshohocken league they were caught cheating in recently. They claim that "every club allows kids who MAY stay back to move to that year now" and also that he "has done more for youth lacrosse than anyone else". Both are lies. This man is building a cult and has decided to take shots at major programs, saying HHH is "for guys who want to play division 3" and Dukes is "over". It's appalling that this man is being allowed to coach and work with kids. Parents need to understand that lacrosse is like a big fraternity, it is crucial that all the boys have options and when you play for a program that has made so many enemies you are limiting their options.
What is even more disgusting is the two high prestige coaches who have been sucked in. Kevin Donnelly, coach at Spring-Ford, is a coach and was involved in the cheating scandal as was John McEvoy, the coach at Malvern Prep. Both will say they did not know but EVERYONE knew and the feeling of everyone is that any adult who allowed this to happen is guilty.
If you also look at the sideline behavior of their director Tad Doyle, who never played lacrosse, and Head coach Kris Gucwa, who played one fall semester at UMBC you would be disgusted. Nothing will change until a parent decides that winning does not need to be done at all costs. These parents are blinded by chasing Igloo on Long Island when they should be concentrating on their kids being coached by responsible adults. Coach McEvoy and Coach Donnelly will have their great reputations ruined, it has already started.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like an angry Uprising Coach, i'm sure the director never said any of this. So far in the extreme. Guy does a great job with the kids and the parents love him. And I think I overheard him say he played 3 box games before. Hey whats that guy at Tufts Universities name? How many titles does he have? How many innings of lacrosse did he play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like Goon Lacrosse is on botc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No that's KS380

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like Philadelphia should teach geography, I didn't realize they had moved the Maryland/Pennsylvania line.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The commentary on the Sons organization is spot on. Vast majority of people knew they were cheating and now it's confirmed. Trying to defend the director as a great guy, whom the parents love, just demonstrates how complicit coaches and parents were in the whole sharade. I guess teaching kids values like honesty, integrity, fair play, losing with grace, etc., is not really part of the Sons' mission statement. Poor kids, not a role model in sight!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What BS whoever wrote this. Such a classes person to write such lies. Go away, stop with the jealousy and envy. When you put facts with a bunch of lies people throw the whole thing out. You sound like a kid, probably are.

Truth is hard to swallow. Most always suspected that Rising Sons were cheaters. Now we know. It is all about winning to this club and doing whatever it takes to get that win. If I were a director of a rival club, I would pass on there invite for a play date.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well aware that the first responder who called me "classes", I am thinking he meant classless, is the Rising Sons director Tad Doyle. Tad, I have watched you for years and I am not an Uprising, or any other, parent, I am a 20+ year lacrosse official so I have no bias except in favor of the kids. To put in bluntly we have known about you for years and your name as well as some of your parents, and other teams' parents, have been brought up in meetings and conference calls. The rumor of you playing with older kids has been drifting around for two years and now has been proven. I understand you truly believe that all programs do this however after speaking with Bethesda, Igloo, Team 91, 3D, Laxachusetts, Icon, Crabs, Annapolis Hawks, as well as the other Philadelphia teams it is simply not accurate. You stated that you have done more for Philadelphia youth lacrosse than anyone however in all of my years of playing, coaching, and officiating I have never met a more disliked team. And before you explain that everyone is mad because you are good let's remember that HHH/Dukes has been the cream of the crop for years and no one says near the volume of negative things about Billy McKinney, Eric Greg, Ebe Helm or any of those guys as they say about you and now your program. It is a shame that you are now damaging other coaches otherwise spotless reputations. There is a right way to do things and it is not the way you are doing it. You need to take a step away and understand that sometimes you are too close to a situation to truly see the damage you are doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Drops the mic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There have been a lot of posts going on here, with a lot of names being thrown around. By no means am I condoning the allowance of 7th graders in a 6th grade 2021 format league or tournament, but I think enough has been slandered on this site the the COWARDS on both sides put your name to your posts. If you are going to sling mud..... then have the guts to put your name to it!!!!! And for the one individual to announce themselves as a 20+ year lacrosse official, all your post does lends credence to the idea that all Refs have their own Bias and Agenda when it comes to officiating. Why would you make it your personal mission to try to be the Demise of Rising Sons Lacrosse. If they have burned as many bridges as you say, then let them be accountable for their past actions. I have to say if my son played for the Rising Sons, I would be concerned for their safety during play, since our team/players/parents have come up in meetings. You say it is for the greater good of the kids???? Do you really mean that or are you just trying to convince yourself that you are truly concerned? MAN UP PEOPLE!!!! Stop hiding behind your posts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man up people, and stop hiding behind your posts? You are posting anonymously!! I assume you are not familiar with the word irony? Truly priceless entertainment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man up people, and stop hiding behind your posts? You are posting anonymously!! I assume you are not familiar with the word irony? Truly priceless entertainment.

Ok big shot, why don't you Man-up. Your part of the entertainment. If anyone should man up it's Tad Doyle. Let's here what he has to say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He has responded on here multiple times, each one more ridiculous than the last.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches McEvoy and Donnelly have lost a lot of people's respect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good to hear about some of the chaos outside of the DMV for a change. The Madlax and VLC members must be relieved!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The envy is unreal. Teach your sons how to play lacrosse and there will be no issues! Of this was a loosing team no one would care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like Philadelphia should teach geography, I didn't realize they had moved the Maryland/Pennsylvania line.

Thats Funny!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good to hear about some of the chaos outside of the DMV for a change. The Madlax and VLC members must be relieved!
Well you are kinda of correct. There is issues between the Madlax Blue team and the top VLC team. The Madlax orange team thought VLC folded up there club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really don't get the animosity of VLC/madlax at the youth level...2 completely different models

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are they not the same. VLC acts like they are to good to have more then one team at each age level and then that team plays in the A not AA div. in tournaments and NPYLL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are they not the same. VLC acts like they are to good to have more then one team at each age level and then that team plays in the A not AA div. in tournaments and NPYLL

I may be wrong, but I don't believe they think they are too good, I think it is the opposite.

If they carried two teams, one would have to be in the AA division, and they don't have enough talent for that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The obsession Madlax dads have over VLC is amazing. Maybe it's because VLC and Blackwolf are much more successful at getting their kids recruited by colleges?

Why not just focus on your own son? Weird.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well by my count I see four 2018 Madlax kids on a commit list and I see one VLC 2018 on a commit list. I will guess that the Madlax 2019 team will end up with a ton more then VLC 2019. I agree VLC older teams kept up with Madlax in this race but I see them falling behind as the years move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kept up? You might want to ask the Madlax parents with HS kids about that. Both Blackwolf and VLC have nearly 2x as many college commits as Madlax.

Madlax 2015 was always terrible. Madlax 2016 was average and has now fallen apart. 2017 is ok, but behind both BW and VLC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I may be wrong, but I don't believe they think they are too good, I think it is the opposite.

If they carried two teams, one would have to be in the AA division, and they don't have enough talent for that

They are a joke, 2019 AA playing in A during Spring, winning every game by double digits. How about challenging your players, kids would benefit more from losing every game by a goal or two than winning every game by ten.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kept up? You might want to ask the Madlax parents with HS kids about that. Both Blackwolf and VLC have nearly 2x as many college commits as Madlax.

Madlax 2015 was always terrible. Madlax 2016 was average and has now fallen apart. 2017 is ok, but behind both BW and VLC.

The best part is you guys think VLC,BW or Madlax get your kids the spot on a college team. Your kid and his body type are what get him a D1 spot. All three do a great job of getting these kids in front of the correct people. These kids play 70 or more games a year from U11 on. All three programs are Cars you and our kid are the driver of that car. You guys give all three to much credit. These recruiters find kids off crappy programs all the time. You need any of the three to be the car but you as a parent need to drive and your kid will get a spot if he deserves it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any decent LOng Island Team match-ups this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only bizarro Madlax dads would take a 2021 thread and use it to make disparaging comments about other clubs. Just support your kid and stop acting like children.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express beat Legacy and 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express beat Legacy and 91.
WHich Express , Legacy and 91 club ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda 2021 Team has (16) 6th Graders and (3) 5th Graders. If Teams other than Sons 2021 have 7th graders - lets hope they get caught too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could not agree more to this post, Bethesda is a team we have played multiple times (we're from PA). Played them close once and got blown out twice BUT each time walked off the field respecting their players and coaches, all good guys and kids. Completely unlike the poor culture created at Rising Sons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you really think the LI teams are going to be held to that standard? I am sure if you looked very hard, there are many 2021 teams on LI that have 7th graders. The kids know each other and it's not that hard to figure it out. (Report Card) The real question is do people really care enough to call them out or how do we think the lax community would respond if it were proven true? Also, there are age based and grade based tournaments so a team may not be in violation if the kids fall within the dates.

I guess it is either not that important around here or teams have been in compliance and no need to beat a dead horse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could not agree more to this post, Bethesda is a team we have played multiple times (we're from PA). Played them close once and got blown out twice BUT each time walked off the field respecting their players and coaches, all good guys and kids. Completely unlike the poor culture created at Rising Sons.
And the Sons blew you out too, bad. The only people who care are the dads from these various clubs. The kids don't care, their all friends. This team will continue on its course.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the Sons blew you out too, bad. The only people who care are the dads from these various clubs. The kids don't care, their all friends. This team will continue on its course.

and what will that course be?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard