BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,578
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 327 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny stuff but well said. If SBU, with coach Spallina can begin to tap the Long Island talent they will move quickly into any discussion regarding top Lax destinations for women.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now you have to be kidding. Descent????? How do you come on here with your stupidity and correct the you're when you provide additional nonsense with the word descent.....which means act or fact of moving from higher to lower position. You have put yourself in that lower position while correcting a person but continuing to show your own ignorance. Look up the research ranking of SBU..... and the success of many of the teams this year...nah how about continue writing so we can laugh at your stupidity....and you graduated from where??? .........silence.....thats what I thought. You are an IDIOT!!!

typical Yellow jacket mentalaity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Now you have to be kidding. Descent????? How do you come on here with your stupidity and correct the you're when you provide additional nonsense with the word descent.....which means act or fact of moving from higher to lower position. You have put yourself in that lower position while correcting a person but continuing to show your own ignorance. Look up the research ranking of SBU..... and the success of many of the teams this year...nah how about continue writing so we can laugh at your stupidity....and you graduated from where??? .........silence.....thats what I thought. You are an IDIOT!!!

while I find it obnoxious when any one uses the college they attended as some sort of "status", I have never seen or heard someone talking trash because they graduated from--------Stony Brook? Good school, yes, but please, take it easy, Mr 1982 grad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny stuff but well said. If SBU, with coach Spallina can begin to tap the Long Island talent they will move quickly into any discussion regarding top Lax destinations for women.

What was stated to kick the whole discussion off, looks like YJ is the new SBU pipeline, that is the LI talent you are speaking of. Looks like he is grabbing groups of kids. They will know and be familiar with one another right off the bat freshman year, so it is already a jump start to the program. A push from CR and a pull from Spallina will have YJ's going to SBU in large numbers. I don't think it will be the top recruits, but plenty of solid players. SBU now has to fight over players with Florida, or they can just transfer out after a year which seems to be popular down there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is NO secret coach spallina and CR have a great working relationship, and one of YJ top players and Northport player just recently committed to Stony Brook! The Stony Brook 13' class frrom the looks of the YJ site is shaping up to be VERY interesting and Top flight

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Stony Brook class of 2013 is very weak.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Stony Brook class of 2013 is very weak.

I highly doubt that spallina is recruiting a weak class- he is trying to build a program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say class of 2013 in regard to SB are you talking about SB graduating class which maybe weak ,not recruited by Spallina

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How is everybody? I was driving by and thought I'd stop and say hi and congrats on over 1 million views.

Anything new besides Rosie's and Spalina's mutual admiration society?

PS...I missed you guys and Rosie too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry M.
How is everybody? I was driving by and thought I'd stop and say hi and congrats on over 1 million views.

Didn't u like my last post LM- be a man and post all the posts not just the ones u like

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you let that guy run the website when you are away he is so clearly trying to stir the pot and borders on obsessed ,time to pull away from your ties.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want you to think about this, the four players Coach Spallina brought over from adelphi were past over by D-1 teams. Look at the impact these girls have on this program.I believe coach Spallina well changes the women's game forever. His insight to the game is unbelievable, he could very be the next Belichick of women's game. I will check in in a few year to see if I'm right

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok spallina, shouldnt you be in class

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok spallina, shouldnt you be in class

Yes, spelling class.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Didn't u like my last post LM- be a man and post all the posts not just the ones u like

Hey, anonymous hero. I don't moderate this board. I don't approve or disapprove of a post. Mainly, I don't care. We will never meet. You will never see me at a lacrosse match. I am just having fun while you seem to taking this seriously, and that makes it more fun for me. Got it?

PS...repost your post again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want you to think about this, the four players Coach Spallina brought over from adelphi were past over by D-1 teams. Look at the impact these girls have on this program.I believe coach Spallina well changes the women's game forever. His insight to the game is unbelievable, he could very be the next Belichick of women's game. I will check in in a few year to see if I'm right

Were they passed over or did they decide to go to D2? Change the game forever? they are not even a top ten team much less a top twenty. If you know any thing about D1 lax you know there is a huge gap between a #1-2 team and a #5-6 team then again a huge gap to 10 or eleven. A team sitting outside the top 20 has a long, long way to go. All the teams in the top 20 play the hardest ranked schedules, sbu at the begining of the year had the 76th ranked schedule which goes a long way in the win column. If they played the schedule NC, NU, FL, SYC, or MD played they would have a losing record. The better comparison is Cathy Riess or Kelly amonte, they are actually more successful in this sport than belicheck is in football. Could he put together a competitive program? Maybe but right now he is more on par with eric mangini than belicheck, hasn't done anything yet and has a long way to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So i can't spell, do you feel better????

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
If they played the schedule NC, NU, FL, SYC, or MD played they would have a losing record.
The most difficult part of scheduling for an insitution like Stony Brook that is looking to increase its profile in the women's game is to simultaneously get an influx of top talent while also getting the top Division I programs onto their schedule. Remember that once you land one top recruiting class, maintaining that level of play becomes an annual recruiting challenge.

The result is that one top recruiting class that cannot be sustained over time will get a program quickly dropped from the likes of a Northwestern's schedule - and once dropped, it will be sometime before that invitation is accepted again. This is a very difficult, yet challenging, aspect of managing Stony Brook's program going forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
If they played the schedule NC, NU, FL, SYC, or MD played they would have a losing record.
The most difficult part of scheduling for an insitution like Stony Brook that is looking to increase its profile in the women's game is to simultaneously get an influx of top talent while also getting the top Division I programs onto their schedule. Remember that once you land one top recruiting class, maintaining that level of play becomes an annual recruiting challenge.

The result is that one top recruiting class that cannot be sustained over time will get a program quickly dropped from the likes of a Northwestern's schedule - and once dropped, it will be sometime before that invitation is accepted again. This is a very difficult, yet challenging, aspect of managing Stony Brook's program going forward.

Although I am sure he is an outstanding coach and had great success on the DII level Adelphi currently is 14-1 this year and ranked #1 without him or the 4 top players that followed him to SBU, he still needs to prove himself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook was 3-12 last year and is 12-4 now. Im Guessing he has a clue of what he is doing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey, anonymous hero. I don't moderate this board. I don't approve or disapprove of a post. Mainly, I don't care. We will never meet. You will never see me at a lacrosse match. I am just having fun while you seem to taking this seriously, and that makes it more fun for me. Got it?

PS...repost your post again.

Oh we have met maybe not on the lacrosse field! I don't take anything here seriously-especially not the bullying that you like to bring to this site

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some people are just hater! He will put Stony Brook on the map in women's lax. This team will be a top 20 team next year that what my niece tell me, she plays for Navy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that we will never see you at a lacrosse match or lacrosse game for that matter suggests you have no interest in girls lacrosse and are only on this site to stir the pot and act like a bully.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook was 3-12 last year and is 12-4 now. Im Guessing he has a clue of what he is doing!

Much improved team. Maybe best team in it's weak conference. Belicheck? Come on now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that we will never see you at a lacrosse match or lacrosse game for that matter suggests you have no interest in girls lacrosse and are only on this site to stir the pot and act like a bully.
what the bullies don't like to get bullied

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some people are just hater! He will put Stony Brook on the map in women's lax. This team will be a top 20 team next year that what my niece tell me, she plays for Navy.

SBU may already be better than Navy, both those teams are 4th or 5th tier teams. Both teams are near, in and around top 20 this year, but that still leaves a long way to go multiple national championships as everyone is hinting at here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

already on the map, but the very bottom of it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were not "passed over" by D1 teams, they wanted to go to a good local school (there is life after lacrosse), they wanted to get a ton in scholarship/financial aid (an issue for many parents), and they wanted to be on a great lacrosse team. Adelphi/SB can provide you with all three.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C'mon.....nobody has mentioned multiple championships.....please...the SBU girls lax program has taken big strides this first year. Give the girls and coach credit !!!! Currently SBU is THE place on Long Island for a number of different sports and has plans to continue to improve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adelphi may be a D2 team, but so what. Excellent Academic school, National D2 champions. Still get $$ to play. What is wrong with that. You should be so lucky your daughter gets to play for them. You also have no travel time to get her to and from school, You get to see all the Home games and sllep in your bed the same night. Adelphi D2 lacrosse is better tha many D1 programs.

Spallina will build SBU into a top team, So what they are in America East, you can only play who is in front of you.
Another school you should be so lucky if they offered your kid a ride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C'mon.....nobody has mentioned multiple championships.....please...the SBU girls lax program has taken big strides this first year. Give the girls and coach credit !!!! Currently SBU is THE place on Long Island for a number of different sports and has plans to continue to improve.

" I want you to think about this, the four players Coach Spallina brought over from adelphi were past over by D-1 teams. Look at the impact these girls have on this program.I believe coach Spallina well changes the women's game forever. His insight to the game is unbelievable, he could very be the next Belichick of women's game. I will check in in a few year to see if I'm right "

SOMEBODY SURE DID

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

" I want you to think about this, the four players Coach Spallina brought over from adelphi were past over by D-1 teams. Look at the impact these girls have on this program.I believe coach Spallina well changes the women's game forever. His insight to the game is unbelievable, he could very be the next Belichick of women's game. I will check in in a few year to see if I'm right "

SOMEBODY SURE DID
Adelphi still doing fine... sometimes teams they win in spite of the coach and sometimes they lose even if belicheck coached my towns team it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do ya Think???

SOMEBODY SURE DID
Adelphi still doing fine... sometimes teams they win in spite of the coach and sometimes they lose even if belicheck coached my towns team it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Explain what happened to the turn around of stony brook this year if you feel coaching is not the case? And how talent was still left over at adelphi to create there success this year get with it already !! , Love to hear your thoughts from a jelous parent perspective that they should have changed there career to coaching , But please do not be late for work back at the mill , you need to continue to make that coin to shell out tuition for your daughters travel team , so one day ONE DAY.. she might have that chance to be noticed..

SOMEBODY SURE DID

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adelphi could win and be good the next 10 years with Mickey Mouse being the coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rather see a pompous yellow jacket parent be that coach
With all that sudden knowledge of the game, once they shelled out coin , especially
That adelphi is in gc.

Adelphi could win and be good the next 10 years with Mickey Mouse being the coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anyone know if the entire 2015 team blue going to the florida championship this summer or are some gold players going, or even some 2016s? They will be the team to beat, no question about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well i Bet your trying to start a discussion on this , so you can give props to your daughters team. Hear the SC allstars are the team to beat... !

does anyone know if the entire 2015 team blue going to the florida championship this summer or are some gold players going, or even some 2016s? They will be the team to beat, no question about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
REALLY? that's cute
Well i Bet your trying to start a discussion on this , so you can give props to your daughters team. Hear the SC allstars are the team to beat... !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will only be 2015 blue this year. Reservations are already made.

Like Reply Quote
Page 47 of 327 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard