BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,672
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 67 of 83 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What was the score/result? Not a Newsday subscriber so don't get high school scores so easily.

12-10 Manhasset. Close throughout. GC-Manhasset game Saturday has lots of playoff implicatiions.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word from School Girls Tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word from School Girls Tryouts?

I know emails went out on Wednesday, so i think most know who made it and who didnt.. but I havent seen the rosters yet..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All our seniors have quit, but if coaches can't do right by the bench when they are up by tons of goals why would senior day be different?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
North Babylon did. All seniors scored. Even the goalie played attack and scored. That's the way to do it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to all of the girls who were selected as a Newsday Top 150 Player, lots of talent here on Long Island! Please don't post any nasty comments, let's give these girls the kydos they deserve. Nice to see so many goalies and defenders make the list!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am an avid reader of the BOTC. I am constantly reading people talk about some 7th grader being the best girl in the County and the Manhasset girls being amazing etc... Not to take anything away from those girls, but they can learn a lot from a young lady who I watched play last night. This young lady, Katie Hoeg, from small town Mattituck is the epitome of a well rounded, productive, unselfish, team oriented lacrosse player. She is so enjoyable to watch and UNC is lucky to be getting her. She makes everybody on her team a better player. Kudos to her parents!!

So great to come on here and see something nice said about a player - very refreshing and something we should see more of
I too was at the game and agree with you! Would also like to call out another player - Kasey Choma - an 8th grader for ESM- who is such an amazing competitor for someone her age. and a joy to watch

ha nice mom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too many bad coaches at the HS level. Manhasset, Northport, and CSH coaches win games because they have outstanding players. The three of them (just using examples, there are plenty more) are verbally abusive and self-centered. They should not be getting paid to teach children. I have close friends on CSH (my daughter plays with some in the summer) and it sounds like she is a psycho. This past weekend her halftime speech to the girls, who were only losing to the #4 team in the country by 2, was that they "suck" and "they will never be a great team". She also went on to personally embarrass and insult specific girls. Why do we as parents let this go on? Disgusting instructors like this need to be stopped.

and she is on way out

No truth to this. Find new friends

Wahhh... the coach yells at my daughter

The truth is verbal abuse is everywhere but it was more wide spread in football and boys sports and now the girls are dealing with. No coach has the right to verbally abuse a child whether they are losing, think they suck or makes a mistake. They should be fired. It's not about "wahh your yelling at my daughter" it's abuse!!! Whether it's high school, club or college it's not tolerated. College coaches are fired for this for both men and women high school should be no different. I was on the sidelines last year behind the ESM bench and heard BT tell a kid she was the worse f-Ing player she ever coached. I have witnessed CR do the same. Top programs or not these are your children!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i believe they were recruited there as well and chose other options

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who selects the top 150 players for the newsday list? Are nominees suggested and then approved or disapproved by a review panel? Thank you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset beats GC 10 - 9 in OT. GC scores with a minute left in second OT for the tie and referee called GC girl for dangerous shot and gave her a yellow card. Manhasset runs out the clock, a terrible way to end a great game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset beats GC 10 - 9 in OT. GC scores with a minute left in second OT for the tie and referee called GC girl for dangerous shot and gave her a yellow card. Manhasset runs out the clock, a terrible way to end a great game

Maybe it was a dangerous shot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Manhasset beats GC 10 - 9 in OT. GC scores with a minute left in second OT for the tie and referee called GC girl for dangerous shot and gave her a yellow card. Manhasset runs out the clock, a terrible way to end a great game [/quote

GC also had two goals called back because of obstruction.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO it is too subjective of a call...the girl had just scored and had it called back for obstruction, so now she gets a free position and scores again. But wait, another whistle, dangerous shot, no goal and a yellow card. So many shots can be called dangerous if a referee is whistle happy. Like the NHL in OT I would hope a referee would swallow his whistle. That was a tremendous game last night, but to have it end that way left me with a sour taste.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "obstruction" rule has to be changed. It penalizes the non offending team. The goal should be allowed to stand if scored, if not then a FP should be given.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO it is too subjective of a call...the girl had just scored and had it called back for obstruction, so now she gets a free position and scores again. But wait, another whistle, dangerous shot, no goal and a yellow card. So many shots can be called dangerous if a referee is whistle happy. Like the NHL in OT I would hope a referee would swallow his whistle. That was a tremendous game last night, but to have it end that way left me with a sour taste.

Once a defender is not engaged defensively and is in the shooting space, they become prone to getting a call again them. The shooter must show intent to shoot in order to get the call, pump the ball, reach back or whatever. Too many refs give the foul with no intent to shoot. On the flip side, once the shooter lets one fly with a defender in shooting space, it too is a foul, a shot they are not allowed to shoot. You should see a jump ball on a double foul, you should not see a free position shot awarded if the offense takes that shot. Dangerous shot and propelling is again a different call, that's basically shooting over and through a defender in good defensive position, basically the shooter does not have free shooting space to shoot. The unfortunate consequence of the sketchy girls rules is that it leaves games wide open for ref to heavily influence the outcome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh my god stop complaining! there were bad calls both ways. Look at the tape on MSG, there were 2 'set girls to her left on the 8 and at least one other down low to her right, and she was on the second hash from the elbow. What she should have done with 2 minuets left was pull the ball out and reset her attack. She took a risky shot and it didn't work out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The CG player layed out the Manhasset defender with her follow through. #15 on Manhasset got slammed in the face to the ground from the shot. That's why the rule exists...

User
User
Too many girls are being injured because of dangerous follow throughs. Broken fingers, contusions and concussions are clearly on the rise. Refs rarely call it.
If your team won because of the non call I would be careful boasting and calling others names on here. What comes around goes around and your daughter may be next.

Back of the Cage
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I see st anthonys beat mt Sinai today. Did mt Sinais best girl not play or they shut her out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gotogoal
I see st anthonys beat mt Sinai today. Did mt Sinais best girl not play or they shut her out?

They faceguarded her and kept her off the scoreboard. I wish our coach would take notice. This is what good teams do when they play against good players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gotogoal

They faceguarded her and kept her off the scoreboard. I wish our coach would take notice. This is what good teams do when they play against good players.

No true they did not face guard her at all. She took a lot of shots and missed or the goalie made save. 1 girl can not beat good teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree. It's a new thing, girls are flopping to the ground and holding their heads after other team scores.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tons of shots, don't think any goals. One person team...doesn't work so well, huh!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
Too many girls are being injured because of dangerous follow throughs. Broken fingers, contusions and concussions are clearly on the rise. Refs rarely call it.
If your team won because of the non call I would be careful boasting and calling others names on here. What comes around goes around and your daughter may be next.

Follow along Hop. The DFT was called, and effectively ended the game.

It was the right call. The initial obstruction call on the other hand that negated the first game-tying goal and put the player on the line was not. And it was late.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how many saves the Ward Melville Goalie had on Saturday Vs Bayport Blue Pt? I thought the girl played great, kept WM in the game.

The game was not reported to Newsday.

And no, I am not the Goalies Mother or Father.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As we approach the playoffs lets see if the 1 and 2 trick pony schools can advance beyond the first round? It's a team game, unless your only motivation is stat building and committing which is unfortunately more prevalent in lacrosse than in other sports.

User
User

It was the right call. The initial obstruction call on the other hand that negated the first game-tying goal and put the player on the line was not. And it was late.

Hey anonymous. Follow the game and you'll see that shooting space, DFT and obstruction fouls are mishandled every game. The lack of understanding by officials concerning this issue is leading to an increase in injuries.
Btw I don't care about the outcome of the game in question. My comment was pointed at the epidemic of uninformed officials working the games of some of the best teams in the country.
How can you have an obstruction call when the girl proceeds to take a shot (through the obstruction) and then award the shooter a free position. By rule if a player shoots when there is an obstruction the shot is illegal. Watch a game and you'll see how many times that happens.

Last edited by The Hop; . Reason: Spelling

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey anonymous. Follow the game and you'll see that shooting space, DFT and obstruction fouls are Mia handled every game. The lack of understanding by officials concerning this issue is leading to an increase in injuries.
Btw I don't care about the outcome of the game in question. My comment was pointed at the epidemic of uninformed officials working the games of some of the best teams in the country.
How can you have an obstruction call when the girl proceeds to take a shot (through the obstruction) and then award the shooter a free position. By rule if a player shoots when there is an obstruction the shot is illegal. Watch a game and you'll see how many times that happens.

Take it easy Hop. There was a conversation in the thread about a specific game (probably the biggest regular season girls lax game of the year) and a specific obstruction call which was being questioned. The call was made and it was the right call.

Your second paragraph said "if your team won because of the non call I would be careful boasting and calling others names on here". This reads like you're joining the conversation about this game and had the facts confused.

Last edited by The Hop; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey anonymous. Follow the game and you'll see that shooting space, DFT and obstruction fouls are mishandled every game. The lack of understanding by officials concerning this issue is leading to an increase in injuries.

Actually if a player moves into shooting space while the shot is being taken or after the shot is released the shot is not illegal. Its along the lines when a goalie gets hit by a shot because she moved into the shot then its a no call.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree. It's a new thing, girls are flopping to the ground and holding their heads after other team scores.

Yes, some appear to have better acting skills than lax skills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how many saves the Ward Melville Goalie had on Saturday Vs Bayport Blue Pt? I thought the girl played great, kept WM in the game.

The game was not reported to Newsday.

And no, I am not the Goalies Mother or Father.

Don't know the stats, but she played amazing. It was a great game. Goalie for WM keeps getting better every game. She is going to be missed!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get that both teams had their fair share of chances of winning the Manhasset-GC match up. However, I really feel the refs determined the last few minutes of the game. Had the game been able to continue on, who knows what the outcome might have been. But unfortunately we will never know. These girls have all worked way too hard to have a game be determined by a ref's subjective call. It happens all the time in women's lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question about the All American selections( no my daughter is not on that level). I have been told that that honor is based on many things ,level of play first, sportsmanship including number of penalty points etc., whether you make the players around you better.Do they actually take these things into account or is it just based on stats. If they do their are some interesting matchups coming up, do the stat builders run wild building up their numbers or do they worry about looking like they have horrible sportsmanship picking up big points in games they don't need to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After reviewing the end of the game on MSG, I take back my previous post. Both teams weren't given their fair share of chances. The GC girl made the shot before the Manhasset girls got in front of her. The obstruction call was wrong, and the dangerous shot call is questionable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am the original poster about the play...I was not complaining, I was really pointing out the fact that why would a referee step into a game at this point and make such a subjective call that obviously changed the outcome of a great game. I watched as well and the first obstruction call was not a good call at all, but again this is subjective. The dangerous shot call was again a subjective call and it was not called by the same referee. It was called by the referee closer to the midfield. Hopefully GC will have another shot in the finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the game, and the referees did a good job. For the most part, they let the girls play. They officiating became a bit tighter mid-way through the second half and during OT, but calls were good and bad both ways. Both teams had their chances and the outcome was a close as it could be. Hopefully they'll meet again in the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally agree with the original poster. And yes, hopefully there will be another chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also was at the game. I had no problem with the refs until the final few minutes. Both teams played very well and for the most part equally. I just think it was a shame to end such an exciting, well played game on a subjective and questionable call. It's not the ref's job to facilitate the outcome of a game, one way or the other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington coach today banned the players from talking to anyone after the games...how ridiculous is that? If I want to talk to my kid, I'll talk to my kid

Page 67 of 83 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard