BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 29 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 28 29
Re: Boys 2023 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM loses credibility being the most active poster on this thread

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Love it when people call out individuals by name on this site but do so hidding behind an Anonymous ID. Should be a rule that if you want to call someone out; show face and stop being chicken [lacrosse].

This is 4th grade lacrosse you maniacs. Can you just let the teams play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BM == ??

What the Badgers need is more NYC kids! lol. I saw over 80 kids at their tryout and they take 3 kids from NYC? I hope their white shoes don't get dirty in Dix Hills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Who gets the most hate on this thread?
Bandits and their coach
Badgers and their coach

If everyone else concentrated on getting their own kids better maybe then your son and his team could compete with the above teams.
There is a reason why hundreds go to 91 and express tryouts and other clubs are begging on this site for people to join them mid spring.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Bandits and their coach
Badgers and their coach

If everyone else concentrated on getting their own kids better maybe then your son and his team could compete with the above teams.
There is a reason why hundreds go to 91 and express tryouts and other clubs are begging on this site for people to join them mid spring.

100's go to your tryouts, yet you only take 2-3 kids for your A team and you try to field a B team with the next 20 kids. Then, these 20 kids decide to play somewhere else, and the team 2 coaches scramble to get last years kids back. Whomever is jealous of that has issues.

These are 9-10 year old kids. The A team model probably is not great for these boys and their developing bodies. Ten year old skeletons aren't built to practice 3-4 times a week and then play 3 games on Sat and Sun. Their bones are still soft. Growth plates get injured. Joints get sprained. And, then you'll have a kid with a chronic condition.

If you cut my kid in 2012, 2013 and 2014 and I keep coming back then I have a problem. I know that even if my kid is the next Paul Rabil and crushes it at tryouts, he may not make it. The A team game has become more about politics then ability -- especially on LI.

My kid will get better. I will make sure he studies harder then yours. My B kid has fun playing lacrosse. I do wish he was playing on an elite level team, but 9/10 year old kids just want to have fun.

So, there are two 2023 AA teams on Long Island (HB & Bandits) and one or two legit A teams (Igloo and Empire). That adds up to 85-90 kids in total. If teams only take 3-4 new kids every year, then that means there are only 12-15 spots available in the fall. Slim pickings.

This is the story. Come September, my kid is going to bring it. He will bust his hump and get as many groundballs as he can. He will try to put as many as he can in the back of the net and play tenacious D. I know the deal though. The illusion of playing for the big boys will always be there, but I have taught him otherwise. Right now, skill does count, but it isn't the only factor. This is the problem with the Club scene.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by tennesseejed

Bandits and their coach
Badgers and their coach

100's go to your tryouts, yet you only take 2-3 kids for your A team and you try to field a B team with the next 20 kids. Then, these 20 kids decide to play somewhere else, and the team 2 coaches scramble to get last years kids back. Whomever is jealous of that has issues.

These are 9-10 year old kids. The A team model probably is not great for these boys and their developing bodies. Ten year old skeletons aren't built to practice 3-4 times a week and then play 3 games on Sat and Sun. Their bones are still soft. Growth plates get injured. Joints get sprained. And, then you'll have a kid with a chronic condition.

If you cut my kid in 2012, 2013 and 2014 and I keep coming back then I have a problem. I know that even if my kid is the next Paul Rabil and crushes it at tryouts, he may not make it. The A team game has become more about politics then ability -- especially on LI.

My kid will get better. I will make sure he studies harder then yours. My B kid has fun playing lacrosse. I do wish he was playing on an elite level team, but 9/10 year old kids just want to have fun.

So, there are two 2023 AA teams on Long Island (HB & Bandits) and one or two legit A teams (Igloo and Empire). That adds up to 85-90 kids in total. If teams only take 3-4 new kids every year, then that means there are only 12-15 spots available in the fall. Slim pickings.

This is the story. Come September, my kid is going to bring it. He will bust his hump and get as many groundballs as he can. He will try to put as many as he can in the back of the net and play tenacious D. I know the deal though. The illusion of playing for the big boys will always be there, but I have taught him otherwise. Right now, skill does count, but it isn't the only factor. This is the problem with the Club scene.

If it unfolds this way for your kid, they will find him. These coaches want and need to win to feed their own and the Club ego. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits and their coach
Badgers and their coach

Paul Rabil didn't pick up a lacrosse stick till he was 13.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[quote=Anonymous]Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Bandits and their coach
Badgers and their coach

Paul Rabil didn't pick up a lacrosse stick till he was

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits and their coach
Badgers and their coach

Not to nit-pick, but didn't the Warriors just beat Empire at Shamrock? Other than that, your post was right on point smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't want to nit pick...actually the Warriors have not beaten empire green 2023 in regulation. Empire won 1st game vs Warriors and tied the championship game only to lose in a brave heart.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't want to nit pick...actually the Warriors have not beaten empire green 2023 in regulation. Empire won 1st game vs Warriors and tied the championship game only to lose in a brave heart.

Obviously this is an Empire coach or parent, or both.
Sorry, but Empire is not the next class down along with Igloo. Since you haven't seen every team in 2023 yet, then it doesn't make sense to state fictitious statements!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
'Tied in regulation, only to lose in a Braveheart' means they lost.

So, if you lost to 91's B team, please enlighten us to how that makes them an A team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Figured someone would take the bait. That was too easy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think there is another sport with as many excuses as Lacrosse. Did Empire beat 91 in the championship? It appears not. Get them next time. Someone always has some way of saying they didn't lose or shouldn't have lost. Whatever team you had that day lost to whatever team they had end of story. This is also a great example of why You should never tell parents "We are the A team". Wait until you have a couple of tournaments under your belt so you know what your up against.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by jackstraw

Bandits and their coach
Badgers and their coach

From 2nd grade to 3rd grade Badgers took 12 New kids
From 2nd grade to current 4th grsde Badgers took 7 New kids

How can you say they don't provide opportunities for kids to make the team during tryouts. Do they get it right all the time, no. As a matter of fact, kids 19 through 22 on a 24 kid roster(minus 2 goalies) are a flip of a coin.

They take the best kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits and their coach
Badgers and their coach

How can you say they don't provide opportunities for kids to make the team during tryouts. Do they get it right all the time, no. As a matter of fact, kids 19 through 22 on a 24 kid roster(minus 2 goalies) are a flip of a coin.

They take the best kids.

The Badger defense forgot to show up today. What happened? All I saw were a bunch of cheap shots. Defense coach hasn't changed a thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who were the 2023 champs at Pro Player?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
South Shore Thunder- Pro Player champs! SST looked strong!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny. SST didn't look so strong in their first game against Wolfpack. They lost. They did win the championship game. But Wonder if the handful of Express boys who changed into SST uniforms on the side and joined into the championship game had anything to do with how "strong" SST was!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they did look sting. It was like watching a different team second time around. Their coach should be proud!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol. Yeah. It was like watching Express in disguise!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many Honey Badgers switched jerseys? Well, the defense played better than the Badger / Bandit game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check the SST roster and you'll see everyone who played at Pro Player is on it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha...they won the 3 team C- division and played a 2024 team 2 out of their 3 games, losing one. If you call that looking strong you have issues. Without the Badger middies they had no shot at beating the 2024 Pack, let alone any of the teams in the 2023 A division. Remember, the rules clearly state that kids can only play for one team so you basically cheated. Enjoy your paper championship.

I think we all know the Bandits, who were 4-0 and beat the Badgers twice were the real 2023 champs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That may be true but were there kids that played on Badgers and SST?? If the coach added kids from another team in the same age bracket, just for the final game, then that's wrong. Plus imagine being one of the kids sitting on the sidelines watching when they could have been playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh please! Wolfpack dad... Your kid is a year younger. They're not a competitive 2023 team. Be happy that you're the best 2024 team. That should be good enough, no? Most 2023 teams will beat them. That's a fact. Accept it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That may be true but were there kids that played on Badgers and SST?? If the coach added kids from another team in the same age bracket, just for the final game, then that's wrong. Plus imagine being one of the kids sitting on the sidelines watching when they could have been playing.

SS Thunder had Badgers with them at Shamrock and still got whooped by Empire and Warriors and maybe even Hurricanes. Doesn't mean anything. Pack tears are the worst kind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The badger kids that were added for the champ game actually play for SST too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do 91 teams stack brackets or manipulate them to favor themselves? Wolfpack should have played their age. They lost to 4th graders and that's not something to be ashamed of. They are a very good 3rd grade team even though half of them are born in 2005.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What were the scores from Pro Player between the Bandits and Badgers?

Bandits and their coach
Badgers and their coach

They take the best kids.

The Badger defense forgot to show up today. What happened? All I saw were a bunch of cheap shots. Defense coach hasn't changed a thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True. They rushed off the field after taking a spanking from the Bandits. Switched uniforms and played the championship game with SST. Who knows if they are legit on SST roster. Didn't think kids could play on 2 different rosters. Wonder how Express coaches feel about that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True. They rushed off the field after taking a spanking from the Bandits. Switched uniforms and played the championship game with SST. Who knows if they are legit on SST roster. Didn't think kids could play on 2 different rosters. Wonder how Express coaches feel about that.

It's actually fairly common and completely legit. Even with the Badger players they are a mid level 2023 team. Wolfpack has kids that play with other teams too. You Pack Rats should really stop your whining. It's poor sportsmanship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course they can when its a 91 tournament Spalinas kid does it every time even this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course they can when its a 91 tournament Spalinas kid does it every time even this weekend.

C'mon guy. You know that's a lie. His kid does it often, but only when they play up in 5th grade divisions, which is most of the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the HB kids didn't play any other games it's wrong if they did played other games w sst then there's nothing wrong w it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Bandits defeated Express HB 10-2. game was not close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Played HB all day. Championship only with SST. Sounds cheesy to me

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do 91 teams stack brackets or manipulate them to favor themselves? Wolfpack should have played their age. They lost to 4th graders and that's not something to be ashamed of. They are a very good 3rd grade team even though half of them are born in 2005.

A superteam of holdbacks.... it was only a matter of time before someone figured that one out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tournament is over people. Let it go. SST knows what they did to win the final game against the WolfPack. Outplayed 6-4 in the first game and then in the finals a completely different team shows up and wins? Ask the parents and Coaches and they lie about it. Classy. The Wolfpack should be proud, they forced a year older team to grab some Badgers and win the final. Great job SST, you did it! Enjoy the T shirts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tournament is over people. Let it go. SST knows what they did to win the final game against the WolfPack. Outplayed 6-4 in the first game and then in the finals a completely different team shows up and wins? Ask the parents and Coaches and they lie about it. Classy. The Wolfpack should be proud, they forced a year older team to grab some Badgers and win the final. Great job SST, you did it! Enjoy the T shirts

Bitter Pack Dad. The first time they played you they were missing players because they were playing on another team. Take your 3-4 best players away and see how you do. They always play with Badgers. Igloo too. And they're still a middle of the road team even with them. Your team is just not as good as you think. Great 3rd grade team. Sub-par against older kids. Nothing to be ashamed of, just be a little humble about it.

Page 18 of 29 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard