BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 111 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chaminade is an excellent school. If you look beyond athletics their alumni typically do well in college and their careers. Their lax program is also outstanding. Many kids who attend have played lax yet will probably not make their team since 100 tryout. But if you are a stud on the field and can handle the academics, this place is a great decision. One of my sons will attend and will probably not make the team. No problem, the benefits still outweigh not playing varsity lax.

So

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is that guy that always is saying chammy JV can beat all (70% if i recall) the public varsity teams. So far this year chammy varsity lost to pequa, WM and barely got by WI... Perhaps chammy JV can beat chammy varsity????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
" If you look beyond athletics their alumni typically do well in college and their careers."

So does every kid in the top of their public school, those kids are there already, no school on this planet makes a kid an academic powerhouse . They either got it or they don't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is that guy that always is saying chammy JV can beat all (70% if i recall) the public varsity teams. So far this year chammy varsity lost to pequa, WM and barely got by WI... Perhaps chammy JV can beat chammy varsity????

Excellent point,lol! Typical snob running his mouth with nothing to show!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is all this Chaminade "snob" nonsense? Kids come from all over with many regular folks making big sacrifices to send their sons there. Go stand at the Mineola train station a D see the hordes of kids busting their butts to commute in fro. Suffolk County. Lots of kids from hard working families in NHP, Seaford, Wantagh, Merrick and other regular towns, to name just a few. Stop acting like every kid in the school gets dropped off in a limo each morning decked out in Vineyard Vines from head to toe.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
spot on. "the limo crew" is the minority there. Plenty of Levittown in the house as well. Non discriminatory hard working kids no matter what walk of life...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is all this Chaminade "snob" nonsense? Kids come from all over with many regular folks making big sacrifices to send their sons there. Go stand at the Mineola train station a D see the hordes of kids busting their butts to commute in fro. Suffolk County. Lots of kids from hard working families in NHP, Seaford, Wantagh, Merrick and other regular towns, to name just a few. Stop acting like every kid in the school gets dropped off in a limo each morning decked out in Vineyard Vines from head to toe.

My apologies to those hardworking and humble kids, which I'm sure there are many. But why the need to brag and insult public programs suggesting Cham JV would beat 70% of Varsity programs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
spot on. "the limo crew" is the minority there. Plenty of Levittown in the house as well. Non discriminatory hard working kids no matter what walk of life...

I am not picking on Chammy or the kids that go there. We stayed public but definitely considered both Chammy and St A-For us, the time my kid would spend on the train just wasn't worth it. So, no disrespect intended.

However, you have one parent (all schools have one just like him/her) who has been insisting from time to time that your JV team can beat 70% of the public's varsity teams. I just wanted to hear him answer the question, can the chammy JV beat the Chammy varsity...Simple enough question and only applies to his opinion. It is not a commentary on the school, the quality of education or the demographic of typical students.

Just want to hear him his enlightened opinion...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well put. my guess is its a parent of some back up on JV

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade v St Doms score at halftime was 3-1.

Score at the start of the game was 0-0.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The answer is no they can't. As for the loses "on any given day" but the teams they lost to deserved the wins. There are good teams all over the Island and it is good to see some new names but if you are looking for consistency Chaminade Varsity year in year out with a ridiculous schedule.

I am surprised no one is talking about the Freshmen team at Chaminade. No one has even come close to playing them tough. I think they win by 10 every game even against St Anthony's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same goes for WM JV, complete wast of a season. No competition-thought that Northport or WI would put up a fight, but not this year...

WM JV against Chammy JV cancelled a few weeks back due to weather but nor rescheduled...WOuld have like to see that game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. I'm a product of public school. my son is considering Chaminade but I'll be fine with whatever he decides. We live closer to St. A's, but that is not even in the discussion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hello there little man.........you mentioned 2 schools that beat chammy varsity......your sample size and your stature are both very small. Again section 11 has 49 schools.....chammy JV beats 70% of them. That leaves about 15 schools in section 11 that would beat chammy JV. Nassau probably has similar numbers. .......Sorry there little guy...your green eyed envy is showing again. Imsure you dont even represent the 2 schools you mentioned that beat chammy varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade Sophmores lost to the Juniors 6-0.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am surprised no one is talking about the Freshmen team at Chaminade. No one has even come close to playing them tough. I think they win by 10 every game even against St Anthony's. [/quote]

This Freshman team might be the best in Chammy history. Unfortunately there is not much competition out there from other schools that actually have a "freshman/JVB" team. Hence, the major, and I mean major blowouts. Chammy will have the best team in the country for the 2017 & 2018 season. Most likely all the players on those teams will be committed to DI schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am surprised no one is talking about the Freshmen team at Chaminade. No one has even come close to playing them tough. I think they win by 10 every game even against St Anthony's.

This Freshman team might be the best in Chammy history. Unfortunately there is not much competition out there from other schools that actually have a "freshman/JVB" team. Hence, the major, and I mean major blowouts. Chammy will have the best team in the country for the 2017 & 2018 season. Most likely all the players on those teams will be committed to DI schools. [/quote]

Thanks for the update dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This Freshman team might be the best in Chammy history. Unfortunately there is not much competition out there from other schools that actually have a "freshman/JVB" team. Hence, the major, and I mean major blowouts. Chammy will have the best team in the country for the 2017 & 2018 season. Most likely all the players on those teams will be committed to DI schools. [/quote]

Heard the 2017 Chammy team played the 2018 Chammy team last week. How did the 2017 do against they best team in school history?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade Sophmores beat Freshman 16-1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hello there little man.........you mentioned 2 schools that beat chammy varsity......your sample size and your stature are both very small. Again section 11 has 49 schools.....chammy JV beats 70% of them. That leaves about 15 schools in section 11 that would beat chammy JV. Nassau probably has similar numbers. .......Sorry there little guy...your green eyed envy is showing again. Imsure you dont even represent the 2 schools you mentioned that beat chammy varsity.

Something terribly sad is wrong with you, but nonetheless, answer the question please?

Or are you just another internet tough guy?

Can chammy JV beat chammy varsity?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was 10-1....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was 10-1....

Who cares!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They stopped count at 10. It was more than that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was 10-1....

was closer to 17 - 1 (they stopped counting) and sophomores were without 3 starters that day. Sophomores also lost 8-0 to the Juniors

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was 10-1....

Who cares!!

You clearly don't so why are you on the Chaminade thread?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at UnderArmour standings or MSGVarsity standings. Northport is ahead of Chaminade and St. Anthony's. NorthportNo. 4 - Chaminade No. 20. Two best schools on Long Island are public which is Pequa and Syosset. Pay for an education and not a lax ranking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
....and GC loses to Manhasset a team Chaminade beat soundly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at UnderArmour standings or MSGVarsity standings. Northport is ahead of Chaminade and St. Anthony's. NorthportNo. 4 - Chaminade No. 20. Two best schools on Long Island are public which is Pequa and Syosset. Pay for an education and not a lax ranking.

And a hundred kids trying out. Kind of ridiculous. As a former private school graduate, let's hear it for the public schools. This two headed catholic school monster is tiring. But the same parents who don't care about their sons being on the Express B or C team are the same ones content with their sons being third, fourth or fifth string in Mineola or Huntington. It's about the parents being associated with a winning team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey lacrosse catholic vs public school expert check Laxpower ratings. Here's how they have the top 20
1 Haverford PA
2 Landon MD
3 Massapequa NY
4 Syosset NY
5 Ward Melville NY
6 St Stephen/St Agnes
7 Smithtown East NY
8 Gonzaga MD
9 Boys Latin MD
10Hill Academy ON Canada
11 Chaminade NY
12 Northport NY
13 Georgetown Prep MD
14 Darien CT
15 MCDonagh MD
16 Hun School NJ
17 St Anthony's NY
18 St Paul's MD
19 Brunswick School CT
20 Loyola Blakefield MD
21 Connequot NY

It's not the two headed monster.....most of the schools on the list have very strong club/town teams with dedicated youth coaches that send the High School coaches excellent players no matter the type of school. Laxpower one of the best rating systems.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey lacrosse catholic vs public school expert check Laxpower ratings. Here's how they have the top 20
1 Haverford PA
2 Landon MD
3 Massapequa NY
4 Syosset NY
5 Ward Melville NY
6 St Stephen/St Agnes
7 Smithtown East NY
8 Gonzaga MD
9 Boys Latin MD
10Hill Academy ON Canada
11 Chaminade NY
12 Northport NY
13 Georgetown Prep MD
14 Darien CT
15 MCDonagh MD
16 Hun School NJ
17 St Anthony's NY
18 St Paul's MD
19 Brunswick School CT
20 Loyola Blakefield MD
21 Connequot NY

It's not the two headed monster.....most of the schools on the list have very strong club/town teams with dedicated youth coaches that send the High School coaches excellent players no matter the type of school. Laxpower one of the best rating systems.

This is a Chaminade page, I'm talking Long Island. The idea that Massapequa, Syosset, Ward Melville and Smithtown East are ahead of Chaminade is hilarious. Did 100 kids try out for those public school varsity and JV teams? Did very good lacrosse players get cut from those public school teams? When two buses show up to play you its ridiculous. They show up with double the number of kids on the sideline than most teams have on their entire roster. Then Moran and Wieczorek pat themselves on the back as they pass the championship trophy back and forth. Two thumbs up for Massapequa and WM beating Chaminade's All Star team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both syosset and massapequa beat chaminade!!! So why do you find it hard they are ranked higher!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset did not play Chaminade according to schedule; maybe they scrimmaged each other?

Ward Melville beat Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
off day for the Flyers. would win 9 out of 10 times

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset did not play Chaminade according to schedule; maybe they scrimmaged each other?

There are 5 or 6 LI public schools that would beat Cham, and another 5 or 6 that would play them to a close game. Highly overrated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset played chaminade in March on Saturday were it rained all day!!!! It was not scrimmage they had refs and game officials.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a scrimmage. JVA beat Syosset Jv at cantiague. The amount of bad information on theses forums is ponderous, just ponderous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 5 or 6 LI public schools that would beat Cham, and another 5 or 6 that would play them to a close game. Highly overrated.

Perhaps they shouldn't cut kids and arrive at away games on 3 buses. 85 kids on the sideline. Then maybe they could be the best team on LI. LOL. I have an idea. Let's put Massapequa on one bus and Farmingdale on another. We will call them Farmapequa. Let's see how Chaminade and St Anthonys do. Oh and let's put the Smithtown schools back together too. So tired of hearing about these private schools where parents brag that their kids go to Chaminade and are third string. Choosing the best 10 out of 100 is not hard. Let's see them put the best 10 out of 30 on the field. Then they might have to coach alittle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a scrimmage. JVA beat Syosset Jv at cantiague. The amount of bad information on theses forums is ponderous, just ponderous.

Keep patting yourself on the back. With all you parents wanting your kids on a "winner" regardless if they will ever play, soon there will be a JVA, B, C, D and E. (You know like the Express) LOL
But so you don't feel bad that your kid is on the D team , we will name them the Chammy Crimson, Chammy Bulldogs, Chammy Bears, Chammy Tigers and Chammy Big Red LOL!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JVB= freshmen
JVA= sophomores
Varsity= juniors and seniors
It's not complicated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We'll show how your information is wrong. The JV teams played in the morning. Then in the afternoon syosset, chaminade played at cantiague in the rain and syosset beat the varsity team.

://www.backofthecage.com
Keep patting yourself on the back. With all you parents wanting your kids on a "winner" regardless if they will ever play, soon there will be a JVA, B, C, D and E. (You know like the Express) LOL
But so you don't feel bad that your kid is on the D team , we will name them the Chammy Crimson, Chammy Bulldogs, Chammy Bears, Chammy Tigers and Chammy Big Red LOL!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 111 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard