BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
Re: Boys 2025 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These guys have zero clue how to coach little kids but the one thing they do know is to never have there kid off the field. The last tourney they both were on the field and having zero clue as to what was going on the sideline, not one time did they try to teach the kids anything about the game .....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Really? There's a thread for 2nd graders? Came on here to look at info for a tournament and I had to make sure this was real. You dads need to get a life. Your kids are 8

And you are commenting on it. I have an 8 year old, so this is of interest to me, what's your excuse? Troll?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? There's a thread for 2nd graders? Came on here to look at info for a tournament and I had to make sure this was real. You dads need to get a life. Your kids are 8

There are expectations that come along with coaching a 91 A team. It doesn't matter if a player is 8 or 18. The coach should take it as seriously as the parents. Lacrosse has changed greatly in the last 5 years. If he has the wrong attitude, find a new coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you are commenting on it. I have an 8 year old, so this is of interest to me, what's your excuse? Troll?

That's because he's the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the other 2025 91 team dealing with similar coaching issues?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange
they won their division didn't they?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange

Yes, but winning isn't everything. Especially in 2nd grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange

curious? Did you voice your concerns to your coach before bad mouthing him in an open forum anonymously no less? Doubt it. Did you ever think that maybe there is a very sound logical reason for his delayed arrival? Give your sons coach the benefit of the doubt. For the love of God. There needs to be a mutual respect or you're in for a long and extremely stressful summer. Take a little advice: If you want to foster a good relationship with a coach you don't start out bashing them on an open, anonymous, forum. If you have a problem contact him like an adult. The other side of that is... Someone is always looking to get their foot in the door. If you keep up that bitching guaranteed one of your sideline buddies will give you up and chances are he already did. Happens all the time. Most of the time it's the guy your standing next to the whole tourny. Whoever it may be, rest assured it always gets back to the coach. Speaking of your coach, Seems to me that he is doing a good job so far. If you think differently...leave. It happens. Sometimes it's not a good fit. One thing is certain.. everyone is replaceable. Especially 7 or 8 year olds and especially on a 91 team. Just don't be a cancer and spread your negativity to the parents on the sidelines. They don't deserve it, whether you know it or not you'll be know as that downer that everyone sighs at when they see the sight of you because you bring the black cloud with you. Every team has 1 or 2. These parents are there to enjoy a nice day of lacrosse and watch there little guy play. Do yourself a favor don't respond, don't waste your time. I imagine your pissed off right now. That's OK... I'm sure I hit a nerve. Truthfully, I wasn't trying to. I am just offering some wisdom a wise man once gave me. Apologies, if you don't like it. As for your coach, If you feel as though you can do it better well then by all means...step up. Otherwise sit down, shut up, and enjoy the ride. It can be a great one if you let it. Or you can sit there miserable, stone faced like someone just ran over your dog over some second grade lacrosse. Choice is yours

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange

curious? Did you voice your concerns to your coach before bad mouthing him in an open forum anonymously no less? Doubt it. Did you ever think that maybe there is a very sound logical reason for his delayed arrival? Give your sons coach the benefit of the doubt. For the love of God. There needs to be a mutual respect or you're in for a long and extremely stressful summer. Take a little advice: If you want to foster a good relationship with a coach you don't start out bashing them on an open, anonymous, forum. If you have a problem contact him like an adult. The other side of that is... Someone is always looking to get their foot in the door. If you keep up that bitching guaranteed one of your sideline buddies will give you up and chances are he already did. Happens all the time. Most of the time it's the guy your standing next to the whole tourny. Whoever it may be, rest assured it always gets back to the coach. Speaking of your coach, Seems to me that he is doing a good job so far. If you think differently...leave. It happens. Sometimes it's not a good fit. One thing is certain.. everyone is replaceable. Especially 7 or 8 year olds and especially on a 91 team. Just don't be a cancer and spread your negativity to the parents on the sidelines. They don't deserve it, whether you know it or not you'll be know as that downer that everyone sighs at when they see the sight of you because you bring the black cloud with you. Every team has 1 or 2. These parents are there to enjoy a nice day of lacrosse and watch there little guy play. Do yourself a favor don't respond, don't waste your time. I imagine your pissed off right now. That's OK... I'm sure I hit a nerve. Truthfully, I wasn't trying to. I am just offering some wisdom a wise man once gave me. Apologies, if you don't like it. As for your coach, If you feel as though you can do it better well then by all means...step up. Otherwise sit down, shut up, and enjoy the ride. It can be a great one if you let it. Or you can sit there miserable, stone faced like someone just ran over your dog over some second grade lacrosse. Choice is yours

troll here...

I think you are half right. The part that no one likes a Debbie downer. Another part is when on 91 or any other team you can be replaced.

The part I think you don't get is, people are paying good money to get coaching and organization. Stop thinking you owe these teams anything but the fee. These teams owe you, you pay them, you are paying for a service. They need to understand they need to provide the service to an acceptable expectation. You are the customer.

Sure they all give you a minimum expectation but if you have an issue sometimes it is best to air your issues to the coach and organization. Other times this is a very good forum to open peoples eyes.

One thing is 2025's are young. There is no substitute for dad having a catch with them and playing fiddle sticks and fooling around in the yard or street or watching the college or HS games.

I hope the coach had a good reason for being late (it happens) and I hope for the boys it isn't a show of things to come. it is a fun ride when everybody gets along and everyone plays their part parent/coach/player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange

Thanks for the advice Coach. Wouldn't it have been easier for you to just say "Sorry, it won't happen again" instead of that ridiculous soliloquy?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the other 2025 91 team dealing with similar coaching issues?

Nope, they practice more than the A Team! That's funny if you ask me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 2025 teams playing Pro Player?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Town? Bayport, Islip, Seaford, Smithtown

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Golden Geese. And for those who didn't see it; they embarrassed the mighty 91 Orange last fall. Are they doing it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
omg are we really asking abt 2vd grade lax..who the F cares..Let the 7/8 years olds have fun..Im sure some cannot even tie their own shoes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
omg are we really asking abt 2vd grade lax..who the F cares..Let the 7/8 years olds have fun..Im sure some cannot even tie their own shoes

This thread is for 2nd grade. Go away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Golden Geese. And for those who didn't see it; they embarrassed the mighty 91 Orange last fall. Are they doing it?

Embarrassed? You should be embarrassed to have even written this. They are all babies you d-bag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct and it was 2 very close 1 goal games . This was also only a few weeks after they all started practicing . Both 91 teams , legacy and empire should all be improved plus we get a look at the new Hurricanes . Should be a fun year .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Golden geese vs Taz? Seriously?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That will change again tomorrow. Remember on Monday when the geese were scheduled to play the Pack? That seems like weeks ago already. The 2024/25 bracket changed 4 times already. It's safe to assume it will change again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They can take it easy on them, so at least they won't get hurt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a 2024 I just wanted to post here to say I give the geese a lot of credit. They definitely got better today and competed. With the other 2025 dropping out they played up all day. Good for them.

91 orange? Did you get better today? Demand more from your coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a 2024 I just wanted to post here to say I give the geese a lot of credit. They definitely got better today and competed. With the other 2025 dropping out they played up all day. Good for them.

91 orange? Did you get better today? Demand more from your coaches

You show your ignorance. Kids don't get better by getting their butts kicked in

2015 LI LAX FEST
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know why brackets are not split when there are more then enough teams entered under a certain year. WHy would they stay combined. Wouldn't splitting them up into propper years make for better competion?

Re: 2015 LI LAX FEST
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Confirm please ... Hitmen '2025' used 3rd graders at McGrath today ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bengals 2025 has 3rd graders on it too. Embarrassing for a new programs that claims they do everything the right way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Bengals are an embarrassment. They make teams with 13 kids on it with different grades. And they are horrible. The market is flooded with so many organizations. You are going to see more organizations combining grades just to fill
out a team. These guys are all educators who are trying to grab money where ever
they can. Just finish out this year and sail off into the sunset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team you questioned had 3 teams at McGrath and won the championship with 2 of them. 2025 was all 2nd graders and won, 2019 was a mix of about 60% 7th graders playing up and the rest were 8th in their natural bracket and won. 2021 played their first game against a team that had at least 6 7th/8th graders as they are from the same general area and everyone knows those kids. They are also the same kids they played all game and still only won by a couple of goals. Plus it's the worst I've seen that team play - not only that game all tournament long. They deserved to lose. 2021 went 1-2 losing to that team and another that ended up winning the whole tournament in that bracket they were very good from Franklin Square.

As a parent with my kid on one of the three teams and this being our first year with them. We actually stayed to watch their younger team play and it was the best game we saw all day. It literally came down to the last second. Both teams played great!

All games we saw not even ours were competitive and the tournament is run for the right reasons. THESE ARE KIDS! I know we forget that but it's kids and they had fun and it was well run. We hope we are back there next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Bengals are an embarrassment. They make teams with 13 kids on it with different grades. And they are horrible. The market is flooded with so many organizations. You are going to see more organizations combining grades just to fill
out a team. These guys are all educators who are trying to grab money where ever
they can. Just finish out this year and sail off into the sunset.

I'm sure the Bengals will try to steal more money next year. They charge you as a travel team yet they play town tourneys. So lame. Having 3rd graders on a 2nd grade team is terrible. Time to close up shop fellas.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2025 team was not all 2nd graders there were 3rd graders on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on information I've heard it was a single 3rd grader. You'd have to talk to the coach to find out if it was intentional or not. One player doesn't change a game though.

You should ask the ****** educators how many older players they had on their teams this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whoaaa third graders in a second grade game where probably two kids can throw and catch! call the police!!!!!! calm down we're not talking about 6th 7th & 8th graders who some are lifting weights and shaving occasionally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheating is cheating

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whoaaa third graders in a second grade game where probably two kids can throw and catch! call the police!!!!!! calm down we're not talking about 6th 7th & 8th graders who some are lifting weights and shaving occasionally.

There are plenty of opportunities for 3rd graders to play on 3rd grade teams. The parents should be embarrassed if they are having their kid play down.

Cheating is cheating 9VC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys need to get a hobby or something. It's a team game one player doesn't decide the game. Stop being sore losers and move on already. Not everyone knows everyone else's situation so unless you know the story behind it you need to stop.

what about the multiple fast breaks in the last minute they could have scored on and won the game on but missed all while the 3rd grader was on the sideline? Did they break the rules sure did it effect the outcome not at all. It was ONE 3rd grader who wasn't even the biggest or best player on the team.

I'd be more worried about the other teams that had kids 2 and 3 years older playing down where there was a significant difference.

You should totally make them give their medals back because taking them from 2nd graders is the right thing to do and will really make everyone feel better.

**disclaimer I am not part of any of the teams but was there as part of the tournament and am part of the PAL and have been following this since the start**

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheating is cheating

Is it considered cheating to bring in players that are older in the 6th grade division that were coached by FS so they could win the tournament?

Hypocrites much?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are a joke, they claim to be a select elite travel team. They know they can't compete with the other 3rd grade teams so they claim to be 2nd graders. They barely beat the 2nd grade town teams that they played. Just another over priced joke organization with no class that has to lie & cheat to win a tournament, pathetic!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was more than one, from what I was told at least half the team was 3rd graders

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which clubs have a 2025 team?

I know
Legacy, Empire, Hurricanes, 91, Bengals and Express.

Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard