BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
This thread is for all thoughts concerning the Schoolgirls tryout and subsequent banter that's sure to follow.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
To answer the posters question about who runs the schoolgirls tryout the answer is the NY chapter of US Lacrosse, the LIMLF (Long Island Metro Lacrosse Foundation).

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those not familiar, can someone please provide some background info on this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
To answer the posters question about who runs the schoolgirls tryout the answer is the NY chapter of US Lacrosse, the LIMLF (Long Island Metro Lacrosse Foundation).

What coaches will be there?

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For those not familiar, can someone please provide some background info on this.

http://limetrolax.org/2015/03/17/long-island-national-tournament-tryout-information/

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets push this topic back to the top, anyone else sneak around and watch a little.. I did.
I'm guessing about 25-30 spots up for grabs
(there were 23- 2015 players on last years roster, and a few girls on U-19 didnt tryout due to restrictions)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2015 girls do not play schoolgirls for grades 9 - 11

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least 12 freshmen there, but looked like a lot of juniors

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right..sorry if i was'nt clear.. the 23 2015 players from last years roster are the open spots for this year assuming that the 2016's and 2107' who made it last year tried out and will make a team again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think he was pointing out that the 2015 from last year cannot play this year so the spots they occupied are now open.In the past all I heard was it was a rigged event for YJ blah blah, is that still the opinion.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think he was pointing out that the 2015 from last year cannot play this year so the spots they occupied are now open.In the past all I heard was it was a rigged event for YJ blah blah, is that still the opinion.

As far as one club having an over representation the LIMLF has the following in place regarding the evaluators:

For every 4 selectors there can be 1 club coach selecting (club representation MUST be evenly distributed and only club coaches that are CURRENT high school coaches are eligible).

I think this should at least avoid some of the past "rigging"

I personally did not see Mrs C.R. - but that doesnt mean she wasnt there or involved

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seriously? She is just a text away. Anything on LI goes through her

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least 12 freshmen there, but looked like a lot of juniors

Wow you know that many players that just by looking at them you can tell their grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C R is not for kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just another resume building political money grab for clubs and coaches and the 100th line on players bios. There is an all star team or invitational every weekend of the year. Brine, UA on and on and on. Even after girls commit, the parents keep dolling out tons of cash running all over the country.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
just another resume building political money grab for clubs and coaches and the 100th line on players bios. There is an all star team or invitational every weekend of the year. Brine, UA on and on and on. Even after girls commit, the parents keep dolling out tons of cash running all over the country.

Ridiculous words by this anonymous poster. Maybe sour grapes huh?

The US Lacrosse National Schoolgirls Tournament is one of the best competitive recruiting events in the country. It is attended by every chapter in the US and is an incredible weekend of lacrosse for players, families and recruiters.
Further, the Under Armour All American Senior game and Underclass games are great celebrations of the best talent in the country. If you have ever been you will agree it is a great experience for the players and their families.
Brine also has it's place and provides a special experience for those attending.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the girls who will be on the Schoolgirls team are already committed, so I'm confused on how it is such a big recruiting event???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the girls who will be on the Schoolgirls team are already committed, so I'm confused on how it is such a big recruiting event???

I agree with you about the recruiting part, but because the games are played during the NCAA Womens championship weekend and sometimes at the same venue.. there are usually a good number of coaches in attendance. If your in the 10-20% of the roster that hasnt yet committed .. its a great place to play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
email's going are out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who made it for the goalies?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter made a team this year. She is on Team 2. Anyone know how many teams there are? Is Team 1 for the top players or are they evenly divided?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who made it for the goalies?

Six of Them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? From what schools?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three Teams? Really?

Everybody gets a Trophy.

Have they always had three teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three Teams? Really?

Everybody gets a Trophy.

Just an ignorant statement . It's all of Long Island combined , you have many very good players who do not make any of the teams , many D1 commits do not make a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter made a team this year. She is on Team 2. Anyone know how many teams there are? Is Team 1 for the top players or are they evenly divided?

Congrats, thats a nice accomplishment. there are three teams in order of skill based evaluators input..team 1, team 2, team 3,
good job on your kid being one of the 60 best players from LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are rosters up anywhere?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three Teams? Really?

Everybody gets a Trophy.

Everybody gets a Trophy? Are you kidding me? Your obviously new to girls lax. Yes there has always been 3 teams. Yes every year good D1 committed girls get passed by even though they are very good (my daughter being one). Yes in past years there has been a heavy club influence in deciding the rosters (though it sounds like Long Island Metro has taken steps to rectify it this year). Please be somewhat informed before you post, it cuts down on the silly posts. As far as a Suffolk All Star team being able to beat a Nassau All Star team, are you nuts? The big 3 nassau teams are a combined 34-1 while playing against some of the best teams in the nation. I think your basing this off the success rate of the Y.J.( a mostly suffolk based club) if you are don't forget to factor some of there better players are from nassau. A year ago you would have been right, but not this year. Wait until next year after the 15's are gone, girls lax is really going to be bad on L.I. My prediction is that any L.I. metro team isn't able to compete well against the mid -Atlantic's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You go off about people being uninformed that state nonsense . First your argument about the all star match up makes no sense as you are talking about school teams . I think the best players on Long Island in the 2015, 2016, 2017 for the most part live in suffolk . Your comment about the drop off after this year just shows your ignorance , the YJ 2016 team has been the best team in the country for the last few years in their age group, the tg 2016 team has been very competitive more so than their 2015 TG team, the elevate 2016 team is also a very competitive group. Let me guess your daughter plays for Sett and Liberty . Got news for you your Liberty 2015 lost to YJ 2016 when they played , but you are correct both those teams your daughter plays on fall off a cliff next year .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You go off about people being uninformed that state nonsense . First your argument about the all star match up makes no sense as you are talking about school teams . I think the best players on Long Island in the 2015, 2016, 2017 for the most part live in suffolk . Your comment about the drop off after this year just shows your ignorance , the YJ 2016 team has been the best team in the country for the last few years in their age group, the tg 2016 team has been very competitive more so than their 2015 TG team, the elevate 2016 team is also a very competitive group. Let me guess your daughter plays for Sett and Liberty . Got news for you your Liberty 2015 lost to YJ 2016 when they played , but you are correct both those teams your daughter plays on fall off a cliff next year .

What are you talking about?
2015 TG always played Skywalker's to one goal games? N9k5s5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty 2015 black never played Y.J. 2016, so you're a lier. But why such hate?Why does it bother you so much that a 'set team is doing this well? You're the reason L.I. lacrosse will stop being as good as it has been. All you suffolk moms are so concerned with the Y.J. stigma that you have stopped letting your daughters play with the kids from town that aren't "as good" as your superstar, so the town girls get no better, and your middle and high school teams suffer. That is so selfish, but everyone knows you don't care. G.C. 'set, and Wantaugh all have strong youth teams that stay together in PAL and develop each other (same as the mid- Atlantic's) so i think 'set will be just fine. it also seems that Liberty has made a few changes, so lets see how things go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
last year team 1 and team 2 were in the finals !!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty 2015 black never played Y.J. 2016, so you're a lier. But why such hate?Why does it bother you so much that a 'set team is doing this well? You're the reason L.I. lacrosse will stop being as good as it has been. All you suffolk moms are so concerned with the Y.J. stigma that you have stopped letting your daughters play with the kids from town that aren't "as good" as your superstar, so the town girls get no better, and your middle and high school teams suffer. That is so selfish, but everyone knows you don't care. G.C. 'set, and Wantaugh all have strong youth teams that stay together in PAL and develop each other (same as the mid- Atlantic's) so i think 'set will be just fine. it also seems that Liberty has made a few changes, so lets see how things go.

What changes has Liberty made that you reference?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for proving my point , at U15 tournament your Liberty team lost to YJ Defo , they called them YJ2 but it was YJ defo. Your youth manhasset teams are non competitive against most suffolk town teams . Keep talking about stuff you have no idea about , last year I believe suffolk won 4 out of 5 age groups in the Long Island all american games , as close to suffolk vs Nassau all star games as there are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Confused....isn't this thread a "school girls" tryout thread?? I am actually interested in hearing input about THAT event. Pleas go vent about your 'set, etc... on another thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to School Girls. Must have been fair since no one complaining yet? Any feedback? Results posted?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great to all the freshmen on the teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for proving my point , at U15 tournament your Liberty team lost to YJ Defo , they called them YJ2 but it was YJ defo. Your youth manhasset teams are non competitive against most suffolk town teams . Keep talking about stuff you have no idea about , last year I believe suffolk won 4 out of 5 age groups in the Long Island all american games , as close to suffolk vs Nassau all star games as there are.
It was Skak

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI All American game is not even close to picking the best players. It's a YJ money maker and marketing program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes...were there many?

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply