BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 38 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 37 38
Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when do the teams start pulling up JV players to see if they can help for playoffs

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown going on a 4 game losing streak. May win one of the 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
white plains undefeated is a joke. You talk about LI and weak schedules. check theirs out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
white plains undefeated is a joke. You talk about LI and weak schedules. check theirs out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Half these coaches are egotistical do nothing morons. Our high school coach is the joke of the high school lacrosse community. He does nothing for the boys and they get worse year after year.

For the most part, really awful people.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC beat Carey 11-8
Carey had 'em 6-5 after 3 qtr
Carey em and lost their mojo late!!!

GC is starting to gain momentum. I think by the time the playoffs roll around they are going to be peaking. They have the best defense on the Island. Offense needs work but I think they can win low scoring games with the D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC beat Carey 11-8

GC is starting to gain momentum. I think by the time the playoffs roll around they are going to be peaking. They have the best defense on the Island. Offense needs work but I think they can win low scoring games with the D.

I agree with this. Don't count out GC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC beat Carey 11-8

GAA

GC 6.27
Mass 6
Brook 5.83
SYO 5.5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He knows who he is. He should take his circus act and leave .Don't forget to take the [lacrosse] with you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC beat Carey 11-8

GAA

GC 6.27
Mass 6
Brook 5.83
SYO 5.5

Not a meaningful difference when you factor in that GC has the toughest strength of schedule of these. Safe to say GC has among the best defenses on the island. Other teams are far more advanced offensively and possess the ball more which also accounts for differential.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC beat Carey 11-8

GAA

GC 6.27
Mass 6
Brook 5.83
SYO 5.5

Not a meaningful difference when you factor in that GC has the toughest strength of schedule of these. Safe to say GC has among the best defenses on the island. Other teams are far more advanced offensively and possess the ball more which also accounts for differential.

First post said best on LI the second post said among the best - that is why the guy posted the GAA, to say that yes they are good but a few teams could make the same argument

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While GAA is a important measure of defense, there are a lot of stats that need to taken into account such as FO %, Save %, where are shots taken, groundball wins. Also, can your defense shut down the opposing teams best player. I am not sure it is possible to have a best D or O - most important to have a best team and that is easy - just win the last playoff game of the year.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they (GC) may have among the best defense on LI, but you need more than 3 saves in the cage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strong schedule yes but they lost to most of those good schools. When you lose it means you did not play good defense. The only reason they are making a run is their conference is weak and that is who they are playing. They are only going to get weaker the next 3-4 years. Nothing in pipeline and those who are may leave for Chaminade unless coach makes promises of Varsity move up like he has done so many times in the past. A lot of unhappy people because of those promises and playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inmates running the asylum there? Not good.

In my town, parent wants to speak with the coach, no problem; assistants, parent and player must all be present. Good policy. Keeps everyone on the same page... And it was put in place because of the trending above referenced situation with all the Daddy Warbucks and their prodigy kids...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strong schedule yes but they lost to most of those good schools. When you lose it means you did not play good defense. The only reason they are making a run is their conference is weak and that is who they are playing. They are only going to get weaker the next 3-4 years. Nothing in pipeline and those who are may leave for Chaminade unless coach makes promises of Varsity move up like he has done so many times in the past. A lot of unhappy people because of those promises and playing time.

I agree that there conference is really weak. Carey, Long Beach & Calhoun are the next best teams in that order. Wantagh is typically good but not this year. Not much talent on that team, which is really unusual? But none of these teams are at GC’s level. GC has played some tough teams within 3 goals. But they are not on the same level as the elite teams. Massapequa and Syosset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with the above. the sad thing is that it didn't have to be this way. The whole E.C. thing has ruined it all. look at attendance at home game vs next town rival.... where there used to be throngs of youngsters and fellow students, alumni, and parents you see about 100 fans there . I guess maybe parents and students are on to the system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is nobody talking about Ward Melville v Chaminade tonight at 6:00pm?

Should be another good matchup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with the above. the sad thing is that it didn't have to be this way. The whole E.C. thing has ruined it all. look at attendance at home game vs next town rival.... where there used to be throngs of youngsters and fellow students, alumni, and parents you see about 100 fans there . I guess maybe parents and students are on to the system.

This year Nassau Conference B1 could be the weakest conference in Nassau.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dont think either want to jinx themselves. Hard to call this one. Ward Melville winning spins LI lax into a tizzy. Just as much as WQest beating East. I Still dint think WM doesnt jump ahead of Pequ or Syo in regional poles. Don't think they will jump ahead of Northport or Connetquot in Sect XI rankings either. Head to head means something.

GO PATRIOTS, COME OUT HUNGRY AND IT IS YOUR GAME!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does E.C. have anything to do with the popularity of a high school game? If anything I think it makes the games more exciting. Kids who are committed generally looking to win instead of playing for their stats.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dont think either want to jinx themselves. Hard to call this one. Ward Melville winning spins LI lax into a tizzy. Just as much as WQest beating East. I Still dint think WM doesnt jump ahead of Pequ or Syo in regional poles. Don't think they will jump ahead of Northport or Connetquot in Sect XI rankings either. Head to head means something.

GO PATRIOTS, COME OUT HUNGRY AND IT IS YOUR GAME!!!!

Ward Melville wins LI lax officially in a tizzy lol WM 7-5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh 9- Carey 8 OT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, very interesting to see publics beating the Catholic powers. In the future we may see people moving to public hotbed rather than paying for private for a competitive lax experience coupled with a class a education.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess all of the good refs are in Suffolk "A" because Suffolk "B" has nothing but PAL officials. Just brutal to think these guys get paid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, very interesting to see publics beating the Catholic powers. In the future we may see people moving to public hotbed rather than paying for private for a competitive lax experience coupled with a class a education.

Have you been living under a rock? Lacrosse people have been choosing to live in places like Garden City, Manhasset and Three Villeges (Ward Melville) because of the great lacrosse for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess all of the good refs are in Suffolk "A" because Suffolk "B" has nothing but PAL officials. Just brutal to think these guys get paid

What game??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you been living under a rock? Lacrosse people have been choosing to live in places like Garden City, Manhasset and Three Villeges (Ward Melville) because of the great lacrosse for years.

No rock here! Just enjoying seeing the tide turning towards the top publics. Got tired of the pompous rich folk bragging about their teams. Right back atcha!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow blaming the refs. Of course it is always the refs.I sit and watch some of these games and hear the stuff said in the stands about the refs and laugh because the people don't know the rules. In the same game they are asking for pal rules and college rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No rock here! Just enjoying seeing the tide turning towards the top publics. Got tired of the pompous rich folk bragging about their teams. Right back atcha!

Are you saying that there are no pompous rich folk that live in The Three Villages, Manhasset, Garden City, Cold Spring Harbor, Massapequa, Syosset, Northport Smithtown ect...? If you do not live under a rock then you keep your head in the sand smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played Wantagh and I think they had some decent talent. Maybe not on par with previous years though. That seems to be the story throughout the conference. They always have players to reload every year but can't get over the hump (GC). How about LB only downed by one goal to GC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing new here as it pertains to publics beating the Catholics. Historical perspective is important to understand stand. Oh, and paying $10k to send your kid to a catholic school is hardly the definition of rich. Get over it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B1 is weak ? outside of top 3 teams in nassau A hicksville farmingdale oceanside etc have lost to multiple teams from conference b1 and 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When playing in a mismatch, what obligation does the team with the lead have to make the game respectable?

The best I have heard is that if you have a large lead you should never put a 20th point on the board. I am specifically talking to the HS Varsity level. In the non-hot beds, there are plenty of mismatches and some coaches just don't see themselves as having a obligation to help grow the game. All thoughts are appreciated.

The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Here's a question I will put out there for discussion.

Is it more demeaning to an inferior opponent to continue to compete OR pass the ball around and play keep away while they chase?

This has been a hot topic for ever and I for one don't know which way is better.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

Is it more demeaning to an inferior opponent to continue to compete OR pass the ball around and play keep away while they chase?

This has been a hot topic for ever and I for one don't know which way is better.

Varsity coaches try to avoid 20 goals. Sometimes it is hard but most will try and not score 20. And you never score that 20th with any starter in the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think any coach is obligated to pull up to keep the score down. There are 2nd and 3rd string players that see their only play time in these lopsided games. If they get a chance to score, maybe the only time for them all season, take it. There is nothing better than a non starter making the box score with the little playtime he might get. The coach should just do his best to play the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you really think people move to an area because of their lacrosse program? They are moving into great school districts for the education which just happen to have good lacrosse programs. Baldwin has good football and I don't see a line at the local realtors office.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great question and a debatable issue for sure. Don't know what's worse, shooting and scoring or playing keep away for half the game. Both are demoralizing in their own way.

With shooting the losing team has a chance at regaining possession. At the very least, teams should go deep into their bench after securing a comfortable lead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Playing keep away is unsportsmanlike.

Page 24 of 38 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard