BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 24 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 23 24
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their new slogan: Rising Sons, striving to do exactly what others do! Sons' Parents, it will be tough to admonish little Johnny when he does something wrong and tells you, "but everyone else was doing it!" That brings up another potential slogan: Rising Sons "Leading" by Example.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents have to stop living through there kids. Why are they holding kids back? Kids are going to be 24 when graduating college. I vote for age based leagues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough bashing teams lets get back to lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I thought the top clubs do hold kids back? No? Sounds like the Philly area is crying over spilled milk. Trying to knock the big dog off their horse. I know NOONE reclasses on Long Island but its done here an Virginia like a rite of passage.
I hate to sound ignorant but are these people actually having their children repeat an entire grade at school or is their a way they just play down ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons just got caught cheating, funny how the first message says they have no reclassed kids but were just caught for them last week! Not only were they caught but their owner said everyone does it and they shouldn't be punished for it....liar liar

I think they got caught with kids not playing grade-appropriate. Fact is that re-classing is completely acceptable in the world of lacrosse recruiting. So why is it wrong to have 8th graders on a 7th grade team, but ok to have 7th graders who should be in 8th grade on that same team? Sounds so ridiculous! Can't make this stuff up!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tad, it does not matter. Rules are rules and you broke them and have been breaking them for quite a while. Size of the kid, while important in speaking about safety, does not matter in insurance exposure. IF a 7th grade boy was the smallest kid in a 6th grade league but he injured someone the parents would have legal precedence to sue the league, the coaches, and the other player's parents. Please stop trying to justify this and admit you CHEATED. AB was a starter and scored 2 to 3 goals per game, PB was not so please stop saying that both kids were not strong players and made your team weaker.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been playing and coaching lacrosse for 35 years and have seen the evolution of the reclassified student. Yes, some kids do stay back and unfortunately some do it solely for athletics. Others stay back for academic reasons and it happens to help them athletically. These reclassifications typically happen at the end of 8th grade and then the boy does 8th over again. What happened here was 2 7th grade boys parents told the Rising Sons coaches that they MAY stay back in a few years so the Sons coaches moved them now which is wrong. If the league/tournament is grade year then the kids can't move down until they join that class in a "few years".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thinking about reclassing my 2021 to 2023. Maybe 2024?

This is getting a bit ridiculous.

Plus I believe Pa school cut off date is 6/1, which means anyone born after 6/1 is a 2022 already. What does grade mean anymore when you could have a 14yo 6th grader?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the wolfpack 2021 from that is playing in the Spring Lax Jam?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Raleigh, NC

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your an idiot. Age is the decider

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is younger than the majority of your kids. Mind your own business

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny thing is that they both weren't good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been playing and coaching lacrosse for 35 years and have seen the evolution of the reclassified student. Yes, some kids do stay back and unfortunately some do it solely for athletics. Others stay back for academic reasons and it happens to help them athletically. These reclassifications typically happen at the end of 8th grade and then the boy does 8th over again. What happened here was 2 7th grade boys parents told the Rising Sons coaches that they MAY stay back in a few years so the Sons coaches moved them now which is wrong. If the league/tournament is grade year then the kids can't move down until they join that class in a "few years".

No excuses. Sons have older kids on their 2020 team as well. They had a good thing going until they were exposed. It's all about winning to Tad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who was the team in the brown uniforms that played 2021 outlaws in blatant championship. I'm trying to get my son on that team anyone know who they are or who their coaches are?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strong Island Saints.
i believe Katz is the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the guy from the old wild Katz team?! saints ok thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tad, it does not matter. Rules are rules and you broke them and have been breaking them for quite a while. Size of the kid, while important in speaking about safety, does not matter in insurance exposure. IF a 7th grade boy was the smallest kid in a 6th grade league but he injured someone the parents would have legal precedence to sue the league, the coaches, and the other player's parents. Please stop trying to justify this and admit you CHEATED. AB was a starter and scored 2 to 3 goals per game, PB was not so please stop saying that both kids were not strong players and made your team weaker.

That is the crux of it. I think so many families in various states are fed up with unethical practice or out right cheating- that if a kid gets hurt by a player assigned to the wrong team based on grade or age- there will be lawsuits to follow. Kids get hurt all the time- but if a certain team, club, league bends the rules for themselves- there is an open chance that there will be much bigger problems down the road to deal with. Just play within the rules. If a kid reclasses, then they can play with the younger grade legally. If they have plans to do so in the future- don't risk it- not worth the implications when outed and possible financial consequences as well. A tarnished reputation is hard to fix as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who's the top ten 2021 teams for the summer. be legitimate club or pick up team. and we all know they're out there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Igloo
2. Sons
3. 91 Heat
4. Green Turtle
5. Bethesda
6. Express
7. Hawks
8. Icon
9. Cannons
10. Igloo B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like that top ten.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well thanks for your two cents

I was gonna say The Saints were on the top of the list.but I see outlaws Black didn't make this list either.
you may want to add in school programs as well in this top 10. SWR

1. Igloo
2. Sons
3. 91 Heat
4. Green Turtle
5. Bethesda
6. Express
7. Hawks
8. Icon
9. Cannons
10. Igloo B [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 means all players must graduate in 2021. That mean 1-9 should not be on the list. Igloo "B" is an "A" team and the only true 2021 team on this list.

1. Igloo
2. Sons
3. 91 Heat
4. Green Turtle
5. Bethesda
6. Express
7. Hawks
8. Icon
9. Cannons
10. Igloo B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wait igloo B is A team? I know who igloo is but I'm a little confused is their B team better than their A team that you'd put them on the list? that's interesting. honest question

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saints are a pick up team. though very good together as a team.....it's tough to put them on a top ten list when the majority of their kids play for other clubs and only play for the Saints when they're available.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has igloo B beat anyone yet? They have lost to everyone they played except a weak NJ team in a rain storm. Heard they lost to igloo 2022 about a month ago. That does not mean igloo B won't be on the list at the end of the Summer but it is too early to tell. The list is also missing TLI, Legacy and many others if you go out of Long Island.

Well thanks for your two cents

I was gonna say The Saints were on the top of the list.but I see outlaws Black didn't make this list either.
you may want to add in school programs as well in this top 10. SWR

1. Igloo
2. Sons
3. 91 Heat
4. Green Turtle
5. Bethesda
6. Express
7. Hawks
8. Icon
9. Cannons
10. Igloo B
[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo B has not lost a game against the 2022 team. They are a new team and will hopefully jell more as a team as they play more games together. They have some good players on the team, see what happens as the summer progresses

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Crabs have played themselves into the top 10 in NPYLL.

Do Cannons even field a 2021 team?

No connection with these teams, and obviously don't think these things should be taken too seriously, but I do think it's helpful to understand who are the true AA teams, so other teams can measure where they stand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cannon Select, MD and Crabs should be on there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Igloo
2. Sons
3. Heat
4. Crabs
5. Green Turtle
6. Bethesda
7. Express
8. Hawks
9. Icon
10. Cannon Select

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say that team Smithtown, Manhasset and SWR would and should be on this list as although people who pay for travel don't want to hear this but those teams would beat up on the majority of this list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no way that 91 Heat is number 3
1. Igloo
2. Sons
3. Heat
4. Crabs
5. Green Turtle
6. Bethesda
7. Express
8. Hawks
9. Icon
10. Cannon Select

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the Daddy of 91 Heat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More like 5 or 6

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Igloo
2. Sons
3. Heat
4. Crabs
5. Green Turtle
6. Bethesda
7. Express
8. Hawks
9. Icon
10. Cannon Select

1. Igloo "Black Ice"
2. 91 "Heat"
3. Rising Sons
4. Manhasset
5. Crabs
6. SWR
7. Express Team #1
8. Igloo "Avalanche"
9. Green Turtle
10 . Bethesda

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Igloo
2. Sons
3. Heat
4. Crabs
5. Green Turtle
6. Bethesda
7. Express
8. Hawks
9. Icon
10. Cannon Select

1. Igloo "Black Ice"
2. 91 "Heat"
3. Rising Sons
4. Manhasset
5. Crabs
6. SWR
7. Express Team #1
8. Igloo "Avalanche"
9. Green Turtle
10 . Bethesda

says the Manhasset/Igloo daddy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what ever happened to Express team 2 from last year? That team was out of the list, the most up and coming one out of them all And would expect them to have made this list.

1. Igloo
2. Sons
3. Heat
4. Crabs
5. Green Turtle
6. Bethesda
7. Express
8. Hawks
9. Icon
10. Cannon Select

1. Igloo "Black Ice"
2. 91 "Heat"
3. Rising Sons
4. Manhasset
5. Crabs
6. SWR
7. Express Team #1
8. Igloo "Avalanche"
9. Green Turtle
10 . Bethesda

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well Dad because you might say they are up and coming! Lol u people are insane. Some random guy came on here to give props to them. So obvious your a parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i guess this is an american only list. Dont forget about a couple of teams from Canada. Edge is coming to Crabfest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
here's another accusation from an internet tough guy assuming that someone speaking positively about a team is a parent from the team. i swear man some of you lacrosse parents are incredible. no one's kid is better than yours. omg someone is talking about someone other than my son!? only in this sport do I see this. the jealousy and entitlement of lax parents is.disgusting. again some not all...but most. and yes, I'm a coach.

Page 17 of 24 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard