BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: 2015 NCAA Womens Lacrosse Scores and News
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You must not have been to many schools. The campus is beautiful. Is Duke better, yes. But is SJU, Georgetown, Villanova, or Hofstra, to name a few better, No. Where on Long Island is better, with such a large school? And, last I checked, academics mattered for a college. So really we are back to SBU being a great deal. Young school getting bigger and better.

You hit the nail on the head, where on LI is better? Pretty much nowhere. But SBU still is an ugly campus with a dismal college vibe. Many LI schools offer decent education opportunity, decent lax programs, but all the LI schools fall extremely short in the big picture.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must not have been to many schools. The campus is beautiful. Is Duke better, yes. But is SJU, Georgetown, Villanova, or Hofstra, to name a few better, No. Where on Long Island is better, with such a large school? And, last I checked, academics mattered for a college. So really we are back to SBU being a great deal. Young school getting bigger and better.

You hit the nail on the head, where on LI is better? Pretty much nowhere. But SBU still is an ugly campus with a dismal college vibe. Many LI schools offer decent education opportunity, decent lax programs, but all the LI schools fall extremely short in the big picture.

Beautiful growing campus, growing college community. Got it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you just compare SBU to Georgetown w SBU coming out on top, just ruins anything else you have to say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you just compare SBU to Georgetown w SBU coming out on top, just ruins anything else you have to say.

Sorry, didn't like GTown campus, that's all. If you've bern there you know it is tight and hard to get around. Nice views however.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
Georgetown area is fantastic...short Metro ride to Bethesda and Town Sqauew in Rockville.

Perfect for college kids....both of the areas I just mentioned are tops especially at this time of the tear. I'll be done in in two weeks for a month....just don't bring a car 😱

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, didn't like GTown campus, that's all. If you've bern there you know it is tight and hard to get around. Nice views however.

We didn't like it either. Way too congested! Fabulous school, but another drawback is that they offer very little academic support compared to many others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We didn't like it either. Way too congested! Fabulous school, but another drawback is that they offer very little academic support compared to many others.
This is a joke right? SBU is a nicer campus than "nova or SJU? What will you sycophants say next? That SBU is a better everything compared to the Hop or UNC. ? I have been to about 50 of these colleges including SB and by far SB is very low on the list. Closer to Temple than even SJU, and I would.t let my daughter go to Temple if they paid her.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Originally Posted by baldbear
there are more schools than you think that have about 40% or more transfer out rate

There was a statement that Stony Brook was one of the best public universities in the world. At a 45% four year graduation rate I think that is a bit overstated.

Stony Brook 45%
Penn St 65%
University of Delaware 68%
SUNY Binghamton 69%
Villanova 86%
Middlebury 87%

Who said one of the best in the world? Of course you are now using some private schools as comparisons so if that fictitious statement is what you are trying to refute I would stay with public schools.Graduation rate is a poor statistic to base a schools academic standards on as schools like Stony Brook have a lot of kids who transfer out and in . The reasons vary greatly and a lot of its students are commuters.

What happened to your self imposed lifetime ban? Thought you were blocking BOTC from all your computers?

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Just in case you forgot here is your post banning yourself. Yet you continue to post.

Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse [Re: The Hop]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would prefer to be banned as I do not believe my last 2 posts which were in response to other peoples posts were in any way nasty and were really about style of play. I will help you out and implement a life time ban of my own as your ever changing editing process and obvious bias make it too easy to distort peoples words.This will be my last post and I will block this site from my computer so as no others can post.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
there are more schools than you think that have about 40% or more transfer out rate

There was a statement that Stony Brook was one of the best public universities in the world. At a 45% four year graduation rate I think that is a bit overstated.

Stony Brook 45%
Penn St 65%
University of Delaware 68%
SUNY Binghamton 69%
Villanova 86%
Middlebury 87%

Who said one of the best in the world? Of course you are now using some private schools as comparisons so if that fictitious statement is what you are trying to refute I would stay with public schools.Graduation rate is a poor statistic to base a schools academic standards on as schools like Stony Brook have a lot of kids who transfer out and in . The reasons vary greatly and a lot of its students are commuters.

What happened to your self imposed lifetime ban? Thought you were blocking BOTC from all your computers?

Absolutely hilarious

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From those with experience please-what schools offer the best academic support? Regardless of what division, so far I have heard Bryant ans St. Leo. Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From those with experience please-what schools offer the best academic support? Regardless of what division, so far I have heard Bryant ans St. Leo. Thank you.

Hoftstra
Maryland
PSU
UNC
OSU
Syracuse

All of these schools have an organized system to help and monitor the players. I'm sure there are others. Just some we visited

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of the Big 10 and ACC schools. Northwestern was the most impressive IMHO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoftstra
Maryland
PSU
UNC
OSU
Syracuse

All of these schools have an organized system to help and monitor the players. I'm sure there are others. Just some we visited

Oh yeah UNC, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL most wide spread athletic cheating scandal of all time. You show up and play and they guarantee a diploma.

Most schools make sure the studs graduate on time and without issue that's why the big schools tell you what major you can take

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoftstra
Maryland
PSU
UNC
OSU
Syracuse

Oh yeah UNC, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL most wide spread athletic cheating scandal of all time. You show up and play and they guarantee a diploma.

Most schools make sure the studs graduate on time and without issue that's why the big schools tell you what major you can take
You don't really think J.S. is allowing his players to take any major they want? S.B. being mostly a science and health institution, how many pre-med, or nursing majors are on that squad? going to S.B. for business is like taking basket weaving or african american studies at U.N.C. Totally useless degree. Unless your going for math or medical S.B. is a waste with no network to any decent job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoftstra
Maryland
PSU
UNC
OSU
Syracuse

You don't really think J.S. is allowing his players to take any major they want? S.B. being mostly a science and health institution, how many pre-med, or nursing majors are on that squad? going to S.B. for business is like taking basket weaving or african american studies at U.N.C. Totally useless degree. Unless your going for math or medical S.B. is a waste with no network to any decent job.

Take a look around on big time programs rosters and almost none of them list the major of the player. Go to D3 program rosters and majors are almost always listed. Not a lot of Engineering and Nursing majors at top programs so to list a roster full of Communication majors isn't flattering so they don't. The big programs are guiding you to your major. Call it what it is you are going to school to play LACROSSE your education is secondary that's why they recruited you when you were in 9th grade!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoftstra
Maryland
PSU
UNC
OSU
Syracuse

Let me guess, your kid did not get recruited by UNC.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Maybe check out if the team has any academic awards. My eldest went to a D1 school, mid-major, and that coach was very into his team receiving academic accolades. He enforced study halls, grades were regularly checked, support was provided as needed. That team got an academic award each year.

My middle child went to another D1 mid-major and none of that happened and there were problems. No study hall, no grade checking, no interest from the coach. That team is very loose, they don't even drug test, so forget checking grades. They did offer support when asked but it was up to my kid to be proactive about it, and frankly he got better services from the school at large than what the athletic dept offered.

Having seen both sides of the coin, I am firmly on the side of the school that is up the kids' butts to do well academically. That is the point of college. It's too easy to slack and put things off for new college students, especially busy ones like athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoftstra
Maryland
PSU
UNC
OSU
Syracuse

Take a look around on big time programs rosters and almost none of them list the major of the player. Go to D3 program rosters and majors are almost always listed. Not a lot of Engineering and Nursing majors at top programs so to list a roster full of Communication majors isn't flattering so they don't. The big programs are guiding you to your major. Call it what it is you are going to school to play LACROSSE your education is secondary that's why they recruited you when you were in 9th grade!

Your right, I would much rather send my kid to a small D3 school. Graduating from Maryland, UNC, Duke, Boston College, Virginia, Stony Brook, Syracuse, Penn State, Northwestern, Princeton, Louisville, Notre Dame, Florida, Penn, Stanford, Loyola, James Madison, Johns Hopkins, Albany and Ohio State would really suck.

By the way, thats last weeks women's Division one Top 20.

These schools recruit kids in the 9th and 10th grade because they are very good athletes and in most cases excellent students.

Stop being so bitter and jealous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great schools but there is a life after lacrosse so if your daughter wants to be a doctor don't send her to UNC to study African studies just because its UNC and its Lacrosse. I think that's the point.

If you can get recruited to any of the schools you listed AND take the major you want that is a home run. If you have been through the process you will know that is not always the case and certain majors are frowned upon at the big time programs.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Great schools but there is a life after lacrosse so if your daughter wants to be a doctor don't send her to UNC to study African studies just because its UNC and its Lacrosse. I think that's the point.

If you can get recruited to any of the schools you listed AND take the major you want that is a home run. If you have been through the process you will know that is not always the case and certain majors are frowned upon at the big time programs.

Yes, the point is choose the school by the major you intend to pursue, not the lacrosse team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A perennial national top 5 powerhouse team lists the majors. It's a school that a non athlete needs almost a 1500 SAT to gain admission.

Of the top 25 players there are
8 Psych majors
7 Communication
5 Undecided
4 Anthropology
1 Engineering

As powder says pick a school that allows your daughter to pursue the major she would like. The list above suggests that really smart girls were directed to majors that might be beneath them just so they could excel in the major of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Yes, the point is choose the school by the major you intend to pursue, not the lacrosse team.

Stop bashing UNC, I doubt that you would find many if any UNC Women's Lacrosse Players who took the (no show easy A class). More than 50% of the students who took the classes were not athletes. The vast majority of athletes who did take the classes were football and basketball players.

Most of the Top 20 Lacrosse Programs are also excellent academic institutions. These colleges and universities have a wide range of majors to choose from so most will be a great fit for a student athlete who has the ability to go to one of the listed schools.

If you do not think that being a student athlete at one of the schools listed will be helpful when looking for a job you are misinformed.

Keep hating, continue the jealous posting and keep telling everyone that you would much rather have your daughter go to a small D3 school. Northwestern, Duke, Princeton, Notre Dame, Virginia, Stanford and Penn have nothing on the schools that you think so highly of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop bashing UNC, I doubt that you would find many if any UNC Women's Lacrosse Players who took the (no show easy A class). More than 50% of the students who took the classes were not athletes. The vast majority of athletes who did take the classes were football and basketball players.

Most of the Top 20 Lacrosse Programs are also excellent academic institutions. These colleges and universities have a wide range of majors to choose from so most will be a great fit for a student athlete who has the ability to go to one of the listed schools.

If you do not think that being a student athlete at one of the schools listed will be helpful when looking for a job you are misinformed.

Keep hating, continue the jealous posting and keep telling everyone that you would much rather have your daughter go to a small D3 school. Northwestern, Duke, Princeton, Notre Dame, Virginia, Stanford and Penn have nothing on the schools that you think so highly of.

Just looking at a kids major really does not give you the complete picture anyway. Played a D1 sport and majored in Psychology because I found it interesting but went on to Medical School .My wife also a former D1 athlete who majored in Communications and went on to Law School.If you plan on going on to a graduate school you will find out there are many roads that can get you there.Not sure of every Major but in my Med School class there were many including Music, Math,etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just looking at a kids major really does not give you the complete picture anyway. Played a D1 sport and majored in Psychology because I found it interesting but went on to Medical School .My wife also a former D1 athlete who majored in Communications and went on to Law School.If you plan on going on to a graduate school you will find out there are many roads that can get you there.Not sure of every Major but in my Med School class there were many including Music, Math,etc.

There are kids on these teams that only care about lacrosse and want to do the least amount in school as possible. There are others who take academics seriously. I don't think generalizations can be made. If I could send my daughter to UNC to play lacrosse , I would do in a heartbeat ( as would she)

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Divison I Womens Lacrosse

1 Maryland 400 (20) 17-0 1
2 North Carolina 370 15-3 2
3 Syracuse 366 14-6 7
4 Duke 336 14-3 3
5 Boston College 319 14-3 4
6 Stony Brook 285 16-1 6
7 Penn State 261 12-4 8
8 Virginia 260 11-6 5
9 Northwestern University 247 11-5 9
10 Notre Dame 209 10-8 T11
11 Princeton 204 12-3 10
11 Florida 176 12-5 13
13 Pennsylvania 155 12-3 14
14 Louisville 152 10-7 T11
15 Stanford 133 13-2 15
16 Loyola Maryland 106 14-4 16
17 James Madison 78 13-4 17
18 Johns Hopkins 58 13-3 18
19 Albany 45 13-3 19
20 Ohio State 27 11-6 20
Dropped out: None.

Also receiving votes: Massachusetts.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
I will posting Regional Rankings for Division II & Division III as these are how the seedings for the upcoming tournaments are determined. Eight teams are chosen for Division II.

Divison II Womens Lacrosse Regional Rankings

NORTH
1 Le Moyne 14-1 14-1
2 Adelphi 14-0 12-0
3 Stonehill 13-2 12-2
4 New Haven 12-2 11-2
5 LIU Post 12-2 12-2
6 Grand Valley State 12-4 9-2
SOUTH
1 Lock Haven 13-0 13-0
2 Lindenwood (MO) 14-1 14-1
3 Fla. Southern 18-2 14-1
4 Mercyhurst 13-2 13-2
5 Rollins 11-4 11-2
6 Limestone 14-2 13-2

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Division III Womens Lacrosse Regional Rankings

38 Teams are chosen for the tournament.

EAST
1 SUNY Cortland 14-1 14-1
2 Fredonia 12-2 12-2
3 TCNJ 11-3 11-3
4 St. John Fisher 10-4 10-4
5 Brockport 8-5 8-5
6 Montclair State 8-5 8-5
7 Nazareth 10-3 10-3
8 Stevens 11-3 11-3
MID-ATLANTIC
1 Franklin & Marshall 14-1 14-1
2 Gettysburg 12-2 12-2
3 Catholic 11-3 11-3
4 Washington and Lee 12-2 12-2
5 Salisbury 12-3 12-3
6 [lacrosse] (Pennsylvania) 12-4 12-4
7 Messiah 10-4 10-4
8 St. Mary's (Maryland) 12-4 12-4
9 Stevenson 9-6 9-6
MID-SOUTH
1 Mount Union 13-0 14-0
2 Sewanee (University of the South) 16-0 16-0
3 Wooster 12-2 13-2
4 Wittenberg 8-3 9-3
5 Denison 7-6 7-6
6 Oberlin 9-4 9-4
NEW ENGLAND
1 Trinity (Connecticut) 13-1 13-1
2 Middlebury 11-2 11-2
3 Bowdoin 12-2 12-2
4 Hamilton 11-3 11-3
5 Tufts 10-4 10-4
6 Amherst 9-5 9-5
7 Colby 10-4 10-4
8 Springfield 13-2 13-2
9 Williams 7-6 7-6
10 Western New England 13-2 13-2
11 Roger Williams 10-4 10-4
WEST
1 Augustana (Illinois) 14-1 14-1
2 Pomona-Pitzer 11-3 11-3
3 Occidental 10-5 10-5
4 Colorado College 9-7 10-7
5 Chapman 7-5 7-5
6 Redlands 9-6 9-6

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last 5 winners by division. Could have repeat champions in D1 and D2. Can Cortland get their first in d3?

ONE
Maryland, UNC, Northwestern, Northwestern, Maryland

TWO
Adelphi, LI Post, LI Post, Adelphi, Adelphi

THREE
Salisbery, Salisbury, Trinity, Gettysburg, Salisbury

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

EAST
2 Fredonia 12-2 12-2
3 TCNJ 11-3 11-3
5 Brockport 8-5 8-5
7 Nazareth 10-3 10-3
8 Stevens 11-3 11-3
MID-ATLANTIC
2 Gettysburg 12-2 12-2
3 Catholic 11-3 11-3
5 Salisbury 12-3 12-3
7 Messiah 10-4 10-4
9 Stevenson 9-6 9-6
MID-SOUTH
1 Mount Union 13-0 14-0
3 Wooster 12-2 13-2
4 Wittenberg 8-3 9-3
5 Denison 7-6 7-6
6 Oberlin 9-4 9-4
NEW ENGLAND
2 Middlebury 11-2 11-2
3 Bowdoin 12-2 12-2
4 Hamilton 11-3 11-3
5 Tufts 10-4 10-4
6 Amherst 9-5 9-5
7 Colby 10-4 10-4
8 Springfield 13-2 13-2
9 Williams 7-6 7-6
WEST
3 Occidental 10-5 10-5
5 Chapman 7-5 7-5
6 Redlands 9-6 9-6

Cortland would be a top 20 team in D-1.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

EAST
2 Fredonia 12-2 12-2
3 TCNJ 11-3 11-3
5 Brockport 8-5 8-5
7 Nazareth 10-3 10-3
8 Stevens 11-3 11-3
MID-ATLANTIC
2 Gettysburg 12-2 12-2
3 Catholic 11-3 11-3
5 Salisbury 12-3 12-3
7 Messiah 10-4 10-4
9 Stevenson 9-6 9-6
MID-SOUTH
1 Mount Union 13-0 14-0
3 Wooster 12-2 13-2
4 Wittenberg 8-3 9-3
5 Denison 7-6 7-6
6 Oberlin 9-4 9-4
NEW ENGLAND
2 Middlebury 11-2 11-2
3 Bowdoin 12-2 12-2
4 Hamilton 11-3 11-3
5 Tufts 10-4 10-4
6 Amherst 9-5 9-5
7 Colby 10-4 10-4
8 Springfield 13-2 13-2
9 Williams 7-6 7-6
WEST
3 Occidental 10-5 10-5
5 Chapman 7-5 7-5
6 Redlands 9-6 9-6

Cortland would be a top 20 team in D-1.

And awaaaay we go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIU Brooklyn finally cracked the top 100!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
University of Miami just offered three 8th graders scholarships in football. Does the NCAA do anything to regulate this craziness?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
University of Miami just offered three 8th graders scholarships in football. Does the NCAA do anything to regulate this craziness?

I heard that there is a loophole in the recruiting NCAA system guidleines where it says something along the lines of a "college coach can not have direct contact with a high school student" But the rules dont apply to middle schooler's because the rule specifies HS students..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIU Brooklyn finally cracked the top 100!
About 5 weeks ago. Nice to see you've caught up. Whats your point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see some local success

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ADELPHI would also be a top 20 team.
Fall ball they like to play as many D1 teams as possible!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it crazy?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Why is it crazy?

Because they're in 8th grade!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northwestern and Maryland both lose in the big10 semi finals. Maryland loss was shocking.

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard