BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 38 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 37 38
Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whose excited for Pequa vs Syosset tomorrow. Hoping for Syosset!

I am ad me too on Syo

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset will not have the ball enough to hang with the Chiefs. F/O will go 80% to the Chiefs. Chiefs win pulling away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset will not have the ball enough to hang with the Chiefs. F/O will go 80% to the Chiefs. Chiefs win pulling away.

Guess we'll have to see about that! Athough f/o are certainty important, they don't always win games. And although Pequa has done well in that dept. They have really not faced anyone elite yet, which could happen in the LI championship who could produce several in that dept! Go Syosset!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess we'll have to see about that! Athough f/o are certainty important, they don't always win games. And although Pequa has done well in that dept. They have really not faced anyone elite yet, which could happen in the LI championship who could produce several in that dept! Go Syosset!!

Sloppy game. Massapequa won in OT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem East 28 Brentwood 1 What's with this score. I guess Sachem East coach has no mirrors at his house! Let me guess did Brentwood run up the score on sachem this past basketball or soccer season? Next time take the high road Sachem!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's just wrong!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whitman upsets West Islip 6-5 what a game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is for a Nassau super class? Let's put all the top teams in one division Pequa, Syo, port, lynbrook, GC, manhasset, LB , CSH, Carey, wantagh and Hicksville. Each year a couple of teams could shifted In Or out based on their record. I think this is similar to what they do in European soccer. It will give each team 10 meaningful games and still allow them to have non league games against the Catholics, Suffolk teams etc. tired of watching three teams duke it out in Nassau class A. Non super league teams would have something to work towards as well. Thoughts? PS if I left out your team I mean no offense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds good to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is for a Nassau super class? Let's put all the top teams in one division Pequa, Syo, port, lynbrook, GC, manhasset, LB , CSH, Carey, wantagh and Hicksville. Each year a couple of teams could shifted In Or out based on their record. I think this is similar to what they do in European soccer. It will give each team 10 meaningful games and still allow them to have non league games against the Catholics, Suffolk teams etc. tired of watching three teams duke it out in Nassau class A. Non super league teams would have something to work towards as well. Thoughts? PS if I left out your team I mean no offense.

I wrote against a super in Suffolk where the same thing happens. Look at Connectquot they would have been left out. Instead of a super conference don't have all of the better team play all the weaker teams. They are 4 good 4 medium and 4 bad.. And this goes for most of the states sections. There are plenty of weaker teams for them to play.

Make all the good play each other plus all mediums teams and 2 badsthen add 2 Nassau 2 west 3 split with ct/nj/pa/md. (This has the medium teams doing the same. Just schedule it in a way that there is crossover.
In reality LI lax is much better than the rest of the state our boys get royaly screwed not playing for a state championship against each other.

Catholic is no different, catholic conference games at best have 3 other schools but mainly Chamy and StA but they go out and play various teams. Imagine if publics did that. St As and Chammy would Lose the strangle hold on getting top players. I know you go for the school. Yadda yadda yadda.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds good to me.

Suffolk needs to do the same-sex

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem east has not not had any coaching since the sachems split.take a close look at the games they lost wm winning into fouth quarter.sachem north ahead by three in fourth. Loss to nortport in ot.ahead against astrong conn team in fourth.everyone makes adjustments. Sachem coaches say try harder. The talent is there they need help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem east has not not had any coaching since the sachems split.take a close look at the games they lost wm winning into fouth quarter.sachem north ahead by three in fourth. Loss to nortport in ot.ahead against astrong conn team in fourth.everyone makes adjustments. Sachem coaches say try harder. The talent is there they need help.

I like them too, Depending how they come out of the Bay Shore game will put them where the belong.

One week will tell

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like at least a few quot posters have an insecurity complex. WM will be fine, not paying attention to these ridiculous mid season rankings...lets see what happens in the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scoring 28 vs. Brentwood is a disgrace. No other Team did that. Coach should be suspended. Bad sportsmanship. Those Boys from Brentwood are trying. I hope the Sachem East AD had a talk with that Coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our coach would be dead set against a super team conference. He likes his 6 or 7 garbage wins to pad his record. Do that for enough years and you become a garbage team. Credit to GC playing a good non league schedule. Even when they are down they play the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason it is not a great idea is state championships. Everyone will knock each other out of the box. The LI rep for states will not be the best team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC beat Carey 11-8
Carey had 'em 6-5 after 3 qtr
Carey em and lost their mojo late!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Old boys club coaches stick up for ad . Ad sticks up for coaches Its been that way for years. Nothing will happen to either. And you are correct that was embarassing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No talk about the Pequa Syosset game ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We had senior night at my son's school, he is a freshman and I am not familiar with what is normal for lacrosse, as my daughter played volleyball. There were 15 seniors this year. The coach lined them up and had them appear from least playing time to most (or I suppose least valuable to most valuable). It was obvious and the players knew it, and seemed surprised, this was new this year. It seemed very odd to me, as in a girl's sport players are typically honored on this night just for being in the program and graduating, and the team banquet is used to honor special accomplishment. Parents were very upset as this was different from previous years, where players were honored by jersey number. I think the boys already know if they are the team star, not every kid is, and it seemed almost sadistic for the coach rub it in, it ruined the night for some of the parents. Is this common in boys HS sports, or is the coach really as crazy as the other parents think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Half these coaches are egotistical do nothing morons. Our high school coach is the joke of the high school lacrosse community. He does nothing for the boys and they get worse year after year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No talk about the Pequa Syosset game ?

Pequa was lucky to win, had it not been for an off sides in ot. Hope it ends different next time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa got lucky when Syosset hired Calabria.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 great teams. Played 1 great game and could have gone either way

Playoff game will be just as good
Not much more to say

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only HS coaches that have done more for their teams i the last 20 years are Craig in WI and Rotanz in SWR and that is because it was/is their home town and they were involved in the youth programs. Calabria (like or hate his methods ad most people hate them) he is involved 12 months a year, summer team, fall tournaments winter training and 6am's - he has worked with the youth leagues for years and his summer camps help introduce the sport to many kids in town. And no HS coach works harder in helping kids through the recruiting process.

And I would love the above poster to say if he has a kid o the team ad if his kid plays because playing time usually is a direct correlation to Calabria bashing.

So, parents keep complaining, keep getting drunk before the games, Keep throwing punches in the stands and keep $upporting your coach until your kids not playing the whole game and then, and only then, show you are real BRAVE and make an anonymous post about your coach on BOTC .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Half these coaches are egotistical do nothing morons. Our high school coach is the joke of the high school lacrosse community. He does nothing for the boys and they get worse year after year.
Sachem East?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only HS coaches that have done more for their teams i the last 20 years are Craig in WI and Rotanz in SWR and that is because it was/is their home town and they were involved in the youth programs. Calabria (like or hate his methods ad most people hate them) he is involved 12 months a year, summer team, fall tournaments winter training and 6am's - he has worked with the youth leagues for years and his summer camps help introduce the sport to many kids in town. And no HS coach works harder in helping kids through the recruiting process.

And I would love the above poster to say if he has a kid o the team ad if his kid plays because playing time usually is a direct correlation to Calabria bashing.

So, parents keep complaining, keep getting drunk before the games, Keep throwing punches in the stands and keep $upporting your coach until your kids not playing the whole game and then, and only then, show you are real BRAVE and make an anonymous post about your coach on BOTC .

Exactly how many state trophies does Calabria have? He's average at best until he starts filling up the case. Until then don't even mention his name in the same post as Craig. Calabria has done nothing to this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Farmingdale

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly how many state trophies does Calabria have? He's average at best until he starts filling up the case. Until then don't even mention his name in the same post as Craig. Calabria has done nothing to this point.

Except continually lose to Pequa.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset better win something this year because once these Seniors leave we'll really see how good the coach is next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset better win something this year because once these Seniors leave we'll really see how good the coach is next year.

you have no idea what you are talking about the Juniors are carrying this team. And everybody said they would never win after Jeff Cohen and then everybody said he would never win without TR but they have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

except 06, twice in 07, 08, twice in 09, 12 and one coming up in 2015

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

except 06, twice in 07, 08, twice in 09, 12 and one coming up in 2015

Worry about beating Port in the semi before get your chance at Massapequa first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYO and Pequa will play in the finals, both will cruise in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tired of hearing Seniors, juniors, this one that one carrying the team!!!!! What happened to WE ARE A TEAM???? Wake up people!!!! WIN as a TEAM lose as a TEAM! One for all and all for one! Whatever team shows up that day in the playoffs, wins. Realize it parents and stop being idiots!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lucky Pequa had 3 three great looks before end of regulation- hit pipe once. than with 7 seconds derew up a play and almost scored.

What is with the Syosset coach screaming at refs and one time flowed a Massapequa players for 10 yards belittle him
Coach is out of control

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shoreham wading river team looks like the team to beat in the B division. The new coach Taylor has this team rolling!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tired of hearing Seniors, juniors, this one that one carrying the team!!!!! What happened to WE ARE A TEAM???? Wake up people!!!! WIN as a TEAM lose as a TEAM! One for all and all for one! Whatever team shows up that day in the playoffs, wins. Realize it parents and stop being idiots!!!

Could not agree more!!! So tired of hearing about seniors. It all about the TEAM. Put the best players on the field regardless of age to represent the town and win or lose as a TEAM. Everyone is accountable .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could not agree more!!! So tired of hearing about seniors. It all about the TEAM. Put the best players on the field regardless of age to represent the town and win or lose as a TEAM. Everyone is accountable .

In high school or college it's always about Senior leadership, maturity and experience. When your son is a Senior I doubt you'll be advocating for an underclass kid to take your sons field time because some mommy or daddy Thinks their kid is better. The benefit of the doubt always goes to the Senior.

Page 23 of 38 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard