BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,518
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 64 of 83 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good game today in Suffolk with ESM beating BBP in overtime

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats what is happening in Huntington as well. A full bench of girls just sit there and ride the bench while a very few are selected to play the whole game. Not understanding that mentality. Don't we want to BUILD our program as well as win now. seems to me we achieve that by involving ALL the players into these games. ..just my 2 cents...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same old story. I don't know much about Suffolk, but its going in Nassau too at my kids school

Re: Schoolgirl Tryouts Sunday
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know what coaches are running the schoolgirl tryouts this Sunday at CSH and what the format is? Have. 9th grader going for the first time - thanks

If you are a YJ you have nothing to worry about

Why - who runs it?

Do a search on this site and you will see the full discussion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats what is happening in Huntington as well. A full bench of girls just sit there and ride the bench while a very few are selected to play the whole game. Not understanding that mentality. Don't we want to BUILD our program as well as win now. seems to me we achieve that by involving ALL the players into these games. ..just my 2 cents...

When is the AD at Huntington going to wake up. How many times do parents have to complain about the self dealings, the conflicts of interest, the mental mind games, the taking care of "friends" who my daughter plays with and my buddies? Also, you got out coached once again by better coaches who actually know the game.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When is the AD at Huntington going to wake up. How many times do parents have to complain about the self dealings, the conflicts of interest, the mental mind games, the taking care of "friends" who my daughter plays with and my buddies? Also, you got out coached once again by better coaches who actually know the game.

Huntington has some great players. Maybe the best ones are being played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct in your statement - "some of the best ones are being played with."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you elaborate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct in your statement - "some of the best ones are being played with."

tough loss today for Huntington

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington just really hadn't played anyone good yet until their mt Sinai game. Welcome to the real world!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington just really hadn't played anyone good yet until their mt Sinai game. Welcome to the real world!

Terrible coaching at Huntington.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any big games tomorrow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if the person bad mouthing the Huntington program on this thread is the same "Eli--te" coach (and/or his daughter) who sits in the stands at both home AND away games and badmouths the coach to all the parents. Class act.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if the person bad mouthing the Huntington program on this thread is the same "Eli--te" coach (and/or his daughter) who sits in the stands at both home AND away games and badmouths the coach to all the parents. Class act.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington girls varsity has the talent, but the coaching is terrible. There are a number of amazing players just sitting on the bench. Kathy Wright has no idea what she's doing and she's only in it so she can promote her own daughter and other YJ players. She should be ashamed of herself. The AD should be ashamed too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe the other teams were better?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When they were winning no complaints two losses and the crying starts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When they were winning no complaints two losses and the crying starts

From a Huntington outsider with a small amount of knowledge of the particulars..
2 Goalies, 1 YJ, 1 Elevate.. both real good, head coach works for YJ.. the starting goalie is always the YJ girl..probaqbly more too it then that but my $0.02

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand why a post that I asked a legit question about coaching got pulled. With all the Bashing about Huntington's coach I thought my question was pretty tame?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington girls varsity has the talent, but the coaching is terrible. There are a number of amazing players just sitting on the bench. Kathy Wright has no idea what she's doing and she's only in it so she can promote her own daughter and other YJ players. She should be ashamed of herself. The AD should be ashamed too.

But wait isn't KW a YJ coach? She can't be terrible you must be mistaken!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the Elevate coach

User
User

I have no personal knowledge of the validity of the Huntington drama. However, if anyone wants to really make a change concerning this issue they need to contact BOTH the AD and BOE directly. Other than that all the bitching in the world will do nothing to change the situation.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It just would serve the team better if the same 8
girls were not in the whole game. You have to develop the whole team, otherwise you shortchange the program. you can't continually count on the same group. give everyone a shot to help the team, build morale and better your program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a lot of crying over two losses- the team has weathered that before. Crying over the fact that this is a public school, and the coach should be COACHING and teaching all of the players. The bench doesn't even practice half the time. Speaking of losses, any time the team does lose, KW berates the players, who she chose, in front of the whole team and tells them how terrible they are. Completely unprofessional. Ruining the program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It just would serve the team better if the same 8
girls were not in the whole game. You have to develop the whole team, otherwise you shortchange the program. you can't continually count on the same group. give everyone a shot to help the team, build morale and better your program.

I don't know what happened previously but it looks like the team has improved each year since 2011-2012 where they were 5-9 or something like that. Most teams play their best players to try to win. Are people saying that the best players are not playing? Both of my daughters and my son played when it was their turn to play. I think the coaches duty is to win games and the travel coaches duty is to develop players and get kids who want to play in college recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt Kathy does that. I know her. She doesn't yell at people. She's actually a great person. Its not right to come on here and trash her like this. its always easy for everyone else to coach on the sidelines. If you want to say that you wish more of the team got in and played or question a tactic used I think thats fair. But some of you are getting downright mean. These attitudes will trickle down to your children and that would be a real shame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can doubt it all you want, but yesterday she publicly shamed three of her starters in front of the rest of the team and told them how horrible they are and that she doesn't need them. Not a great team building strategy. Last year she allowed a bunch of girls to go on a trip over Spring Break- gave them all permission- and then when the team lost a game, she screamed and yelled at those girls and blamed them for the loss. She creates incredible conflict for the girls within the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can doubt it all you want, but yesterday she publicly shamed three of her starters in front of the rest of the team and told them how horrible they are and that she doesn't need them. Not a great team building strategy. Last year she allowed a bunch of girls to go on a trip over Spring Break- gave them all permission- and then when the team lost a game, she screamed and yelled at those girls and blamed them for the loss. She creates incredible conflict for the girls within the team.

I have to agree with a previous post, that having a parent coach at that level is not a good idea. Add that to being a travel team coach, and there are too many conflicts of interest. No one will see her decisions as fair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It comes down to basic team building. You PLAY the team. You can not win anything with only playing the same girls. Other teams have her number, you have to coach smarter. If you have a robust team with talent on the field and on the bench you play them. Take out a starter put in a non starter let her run with the team. Then switch it back up again. Pass the ball around .
To Much ball from draw to cage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one listens especially the summer travel girls and coaches. The teams with just a few players getting all the points will be bounced from the playoffs early like they are every year! And next year even fewer girls will be trying out , I mean walking on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one listens especially the summer travel girls and coaches. The teams with just a few players getting all the points will be bounced from the playoffs early like they are every year! And next year even fewer girls will be trying out , I mean walking on.

The funny thing about what all of you are saying is the top teams in A,B,C all barely sub , especially in the big games. What you are saying all sounds nice but is just not reality.Watch the top college programs and see if they even sub out their middies in close games, they don't. Maryland runs 4 middies with one just staying up at attack when they need a little break. The best teams are going to ride their horses, just the way it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not crying over two loses crying over the loses to come as the wheels come off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The funny thing about what all of you are saying is the top teams in A,B,C all barely sub , especially in the big games. What you are saying all sounds nice but is just not reality.Watch the top college programs and see if they even sub out their middies in close games, they don't. Maryland runs 4 middies with one just staying up at attack when they need a little break. The best teams are going to ride their horses, just the way it is.

UNC played 29 players yesterday and Syracuse played 21 players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's bs... You sub in and you sub out... You coach all your players to make the difference. THAT is what Strong Teams do. I have yet to see what you are referring to happen on any decent team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's bs... You sub in and you sub out... You coach all your players to make the difference. THAT is what Strong Teams do. I have yet to see what you are referring to happen on any decent team.

you must not watch many good teams. watch the GC - Manhasset games in a couple of weeks and then come back and let us know how many bench players get on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you must not watch many good teams. watch the GC - Manhasset games in a couple of weeks and then come back and let us know how many bench players get on the field.

I kinda agree with that statement. The better players will play the majority of the time, especially in a GC-Manhasset game. The difference is that everyone on the field will contribute in some way shape or form. If there is a matchup to exploit then there is confidence with those on the field to do their job.

It sounds like at Huntington the ball is only being touch by a few players which will be snuffed out come playoff time by better teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's what I'm saying... Huntington, Northport, hauppauge.,. I'm not here to bash specifics. I'm telling you that to create strong teams year in and year out..,, you must engage your whole team. In games and in practices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's what I'm saying... Huntington, Northport, hauppauge.,. I'm not here to bash specifics. I'm telling you that to create strong teams year in and year out..,, you must engage your whole team. In games and in practices.

Please tell us the strong teams that you are talking about that sub in liberally in close games ,not the blowouts .That UNC number seems way off and I think the number you stated was who was on the roster for the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It comes down to basic team building. You PLAY the team. You can not win anything with only playing the same girls. Other teams have her number, you have to coach smarter. If you have a robust team with talent on the field and on the bench you play them. Take out a starter put in a non starter let her run with the team. Then switch it back up again. Pass the ball around .
To Much ball from draw to cage.

So it's the coach's fault if there is to much go to goal straight from the draw?Maybe the players aint listening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC played 29 players yesterday and Syracuse played 21 players.

Please do not use UNC or any Top 5, 10 or even Top 20 Division 1 Team as an example.

UNC and other top programs recruit stud athletes. Just about every kid on the team at that level can play.

HS Coaches have to deal with the pool of talent they have at any given time. Not all of the kids that play in HS will be able to play at a high level in college. Not every kid on a HS bench will be able to positively impact their HS team.

Most HS coaches play to win and will play who they think will help the team the most.

If your HS coach has kids who are being recruited by UNC, Maryland, Virginia, Northwestern or any other top 10 – 20 team sitting on the bench I would say you have a big problem.

Page 64 of 83 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard