BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: NEW Kellenberg Head Coach!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
thoughts on kellenberg this yr so far ?

Got beat up by SJB Saturday!

Total rebuiding year. Not very good. They have a nice upcoming sophmore class for next year that should help. JV team is 8-1. But still not in the same conversation as Friars and Flyers.

Thanks JV Dad!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why aren't any 10th graders up on varsity

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

all the good ones are.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

all the good ones are.....

You're a pot stirring tool. Not true. There's no sophs on varsity. Since you seem to have a different idea, then how many are playing up and what positions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok.... So the freshman that were moved up last year to JV are still on JV...LOL

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rome wasn't built in a day. In the long run, a third competitive team in the league would only help Chaminade and SA. Team has 6 losses but hard to criticize for losses to Lynbrook, Pequa even Farmingdale.

Total rebuiding year. Not very good. They have a nice upcoming sophmore class for next year that should help. JV team is 8-1. But still not in the same conversation as Friars and Flyers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rome wasn't built in a day. In the long run, a third competitive team in the league would only help Chaminade and SA. Team has 6 losses but hard to criticize for losses to Lynbrook, Pequa even Farmingdale.

IMHO, third best catholic on the island would be Doms or SJB not Kellenberg.

SJB beat you (some would say they were rebuilding as well) & they lost to Doms by 1. Some say Doms has a few youngins that will help that programs future as well.

What I would love to understand is that JV component in relation to how many Sophs/Frosh play for the other teams. I was told SJB and Doms have underclassman at pivotal roles on Varsity, if that is try you cant compare that to a JV squad (Unless STA or Chamy).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok.... So the freshman that were moved up last year to JV are still on JV...LOL

Still on JV, yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought Kellenberg has JVA & JVB ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SJB is full of juniors. Very few Seniors. They have 4 sophomores on Varsity. 2 attack, 2 defensemen, and a middy. All of them are very good young players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the other schools have moved there sophomores up to Varsity. Going 8-1 means that you most likely have all your sophomores on JV and not on Varsity. Sounds like a program on the decline not rebuilding. Rebuilding programs move there younger kids up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I can tell Kellenberg is a long way from challenging the big two if that's their goal. Seems like they are in reverse. How long do you give the coach to make it happen?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SJB is full of juniors. Very few Seniors. They have 4 sophomores on Varsity. 2 attack, 2 defensemen, and a middy. All of them are very good young players.

Very interesting.

FYI-

2 + 2 + 1 = 5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And the St. John's parent who posted this lacks basic math skills.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Starting Goalie is also a sophomore. If I was you I would be more worried about your lax team, then someone’s simple mistake!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really… What are you 2 yrs. old? Someone makes a mistake and jump on it. There was nothing in this thread that was negative towards Kellenberg? I think you have much more to worry about then correcting someone’s math.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To The arrogant Kellenberg parents who wrote this. You should be worried about winning another lax game this season. Instead of a correcting someone’s simple math mistake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To The arrogant Kellenberg parents who wrote this. You should be worried about winning another lax game this season. Instead of a correcting someone’s simple math mistake.

I'm going to think math is more important than winning another lacrosse game? That's the problem with some of these schools and parents !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about st doms? How many underclassman on varsity?

I always though 91 would partner with one of them and get their roots into the CHSAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about st doms? How many underclassman on varsity?

I always though 91 would partner with one of them and get their roots into the CHSAA.

Does St Doms have a JV team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm going to think math is more important than winning another lacrosse game? That's the problem with some of these schools and parents !

Stupidly is amazing. Do you really think that the poster doesn’t know he made a simple mistake? Why do you have to keep making this negative. This started out as a simple conversation. Until you made it negative. We all know who you are. This is very typical coming from you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stupidly is amazing. Do you really think that the poster doesn’t know he made a simple mistake? Why do you have to keep making this negative. This started out as a simple conversation. Until you made it negative. We all know who you are. This is very typical coming from you.

You started a sentence with an adjective. LOL!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am embarrassed to be a Kellenberg Parent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, St Doms does have a JV

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SJB beat you (some would say they were rebuilding as well) & they lost to Doms by 1. Some say Doms has a few youngins that will help that programs future as well.

What I would love to understand is that JV component in relation to how many Sophs/Frosh play for the other teams. I was told SJB and Doms have underclassman at pivotal roles on Varsity, if that is try you cant compare that to a JV squad (Unless STA or Chamy).

Unfortunately it becomes a numbers game, or lack of, when it comes to Dom’s and St. Johns. Dom’s has 13 players on their JV team (they almost didn’t form a team). They are shuffling players between both JV and Varsity. Their JV team barely beat Kberg’s JVB team. The same might be said about the numbers on the St. John’s JV team, only 19 kids on that team. Both teams do not have a tremendous amount of kids to choose from. That is why Kellenberg’s JVA and JVB teams is filled with Freshman and Sophomores and Their Varsity has Juniors and Seniors. They just have more kids to choose from. Not taking anything away from the talent on Dom’s, St. Johns or Kellenberg, all three schools have some good players. None of they have the depth of a Chaminade or St. Anthonys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately it becomes a numbers game, or lack of, when it comes to Dom’s and St. Johns. Dom’s has 13 players on their JV team (they almost didn’t form a team). They are shuffling players between both JV and Varsity. Their JV team barely beat Kberg’s JVB team. The same might be said about the numbers on the St. John’s JV team, only 19 kids on that team. Both teams do not have a tremendous amount of kids to choose from. That is why Kellenberg’s JVA and JVB teams is filled with Freshman and Sophomores and Their Varsity has Juniors and Seniors. They just have more kids to choose from. Not taking anything away from the talent on Dom’s, St. Johns or Kellenberg, all three schools have some good players. None of they have the depth of a Chaminade or St. Anthonys.

I don't think you can compare the JV A or B experience of Kelly's to those Sophs and Frosh getting varsity for Doms or SJB.

Cant compare

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May well be the case that they are not #3 but my understanding is that Kellenberg doesn't typically bring up sophs to varsity but rather keeps them with their year (like SA and I think Chaminade) I also noted that they are doing the things you will want to when you are trying to build a program and step up in class by playing tougher competition in non league games to build a tougher mentality. This way, the "Big Two" games aren't as big a deal to the boys when they play them.

I do notice that all of their losses were to teams with winning records so no "bad" losses per se. I don't know if I buy into the Associative Principle of comparative strength (if I am using the right one - been out of school decades). I think they are still kids and are entitled to a bad game occasionally. I think as the league schedule plays out, we will have a better read on how good or bad this team is.

I don't have a dog in the fight or kid at Kellenberg. I was just noting that it appears that they are doing the things one would do if you are trying to build a good, solid program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May well be the case that they are not #3 but my understanding is that Kellenberg doesn't typically bring up sophs to varsity but rather keeps them with their year (like SA and I think Chaminade) I also noted that they are doing the things you will want to when you are trying to build a program and step up in class by playing tougher competition in non league games to build a tougher mentality. This way, the "Big Two" games aren't as big a deal to the boys when they play them.

I do notice that all of their losses were to teams with winning records so no "bad" losses per se. I don't know if I buy into the Associative Principle of comparative strength (if I am using the right one - been out of school decades). I think they are still kids and are entitled to a bad game occasionally. I think as the league schedule plays out, we will have a better read on how good or bad this team is.

I don't have a dog in the fight or kid at Kellenberg. I was just noting that it appears that they are doing the things one would do if you are trying to build a good, solid program.

I always love the "no dog in the fight"!

Losing to Hewlett by 3 and SJB by 6 are not great loses. Think St Dom's will be giving the
AA teams trouble for a few years!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]May well be the case that they are not #3 but my understanding is that Kellenberg doesn't typically bring up sophs to varsity but rather keeps them with their year (like SA and I think Chaminade) I also noted that they are doing the things you will want to when you are trying to build a program and step up in class by playing tougher competition in non league games to build a tougher mentality. This way, the "Big Two" games aren't as big a deal to the boys when they play them.

[quote=Anonymous]Rome wasn't built in a day. In the long run, a third competitive team in the league would only help Chaminade and SA. Team has 6 losses but hard to criticize for losses to Lynbrook, Pequa even Farmingdale.[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]thoughts on kellenberg this yr so far ?

If Kellenberg had a sophomore that could help them win they would certainly bring him up. Just as St Anthony’s has and would. Chammy would not. But let’s get one thing out of the way Kellenberg is no St A or Chammy. That is clear! Playing good competition is only helpful if you can complete with the good competition. Clearly by the scores below that is not the case. The only games Kellenberg competed in were Aspen, St Doms and Hewlet. The rest of the games were not close. By playing teams out of your class you could have the reverse effect and hurt the confidence of your team. Time will tell as the season plays on. But if Kellenberg does not perform better the second half of the season, if should think twice about play this type of schedule in the future.
Farmingdale 11-4 L
Aspen 12-8 L
St Dom 10-8 W
Stepnic 8-6 W
Lynbrook 11-6 L
Hewlet 6-3L
Massapequa 18-8 L
Holy Trinity 10-2 W

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What I would love to understand is that JV component in relation to how many Sophs/Frosh play for the other teams. I was told SJB and Doms have underclassman at pivotal roles on Varsity, if that is try you cant compare that to a JV squad (Unless STA or Chamy). [/quote]

Unfortunately it becomes a numbers game, or lack of, when it comes to Dom’s and St. Johns. Dom’s has 13 players on their JV team (they almost didn’t form a team). They are shuffling players between both JV and Varsity. Their JV team barely beat Kberg’s JVB team. The same might be said about the numbers on the St. John’s JV team, only 19 kids on that team. Both teams do not have a tremendous amount of kids to choose from. That is why Kellenberg’s JVA and JVB teams is filled with Freshman and Sophomores and Their Varsity has Juniors and Seniors. They just have more kids to choose from. Not taking anything away from the talent on Dom’s, St. Johns or Kellenberg, all three schools have some good players. None of they have the depth of a Chaminade or St. Anthonys. [/quote]

I don't think you can compare the JV A or B experience of Kelly's to those Sophs and Frosh getting varsity for Doms or SJB.

Cant compare [/quote]

Not comparing...Of course you get better experience playing up. I am just saying that Dom's and St Johns HAVE to bring Freshman and Soph's to Varsity because they do not have enough players to form their teams. Kellenberg does not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]May well be the case that they are not #3 but my understanding is that Kellenberg doesn't typically bring up sophs to varsity but rather keeps them with their year (like SA and I think Chaminade) I also noted that they are doing the things you will want to when you are trying to build a program and step up in class by playing tougher competition in non league games to build a tougher mentality. This way, the "Big Two" games aren't as big a deal to the boys when they play them.

[quote=Anonymous]Rome wasn't built in a day. In the long run, a third competitive team in the league would only help Chaminade and SA. Team has 6 losses but hard to criticize for losses to Lynbrook, Pequa even Farmingdale.[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]thoughts on kellenberg this yr so far ?

If Kellenberg had a sophomore that could help them win they would certainly bring him up. Just as St Anthony’s has and would. Chammy would not. But let’s get one thing out of the way Kellenberg is no St A or Chammy. That is clear! Playing good competition is only helpful if you can complete with the good competition. Clearly by the scores below that is not the case. The only games Kellenberg competed in were Aspen, St Doms and Hewlet. The rest of the games were not close. By playing teams out of your class you could have the reverse effect and hurt the confidence of your team. Time will tell as the season plays on. But if Kellenberg does not perform better the second half of the season, if should think twice about play this type of schedule in the future.
Farmingdale 11-4 L
Aspen 12-8 L
St Dom 10-8 W
Stepnic 8-6 W
Lynbrook 11-6 L
Hewlet 6-3L
Massapequa 18-8 L
Holy Trinity 10-2 W

You forgot:

SJB 12-6 L
Chammy 15-2 L

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately it becomes a numbers game, or lack of, when it comes to Dom’s and St. Johns. Dom’s has 13 players on their JV team (they almost didn’t form a team). They are shuffling players between both JV and Varsity. Their JV team barely beat Kberg’s JVB team. The same might be said about the numbers on the St. John’s JV team, only 19 kids on that team. Both teams do not have a tremendous amount of kids to choose from. That is why Kellenberg’s JVA and JVB teams is filled with Freshman and Sophomores and Their Varsity has Juniors and Seniors. They just have more kids to choose from. Not taking anything away from the talent on Dom’s, St. Johns or Kellenberg, all three schools have some good players. None of they have the depth of a Chaminade or St. Anthonys. [/quote]

Cant compare [/quote]

Not comparing...Of course you get better experience playing up. I am just saying that Dom's and St Johns HAVE to bring Freshman and Soph's to Varsity because they do not have enough players to form their teams. Kellenberg does not. [/quote]

Stepinac is not a good win they are not a good team. Do you play St Mary's or that new program Kennedy in Westchester. Sorry, for the island not a 3rd best. Nor do I see it in the future. It is about varsity and if SJB and Doms can get the numbers and play Frsh or Sphs they will continually be better.

Whats up with BC and DB out of NJ. are these rebuild years?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Stupidly" is an ADVERB you dope! Next time you try to make fun of someone, look in the mirror. Seems you have an easy target.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cant compare [/quote]

Not comparing...Of course you get better experience playing up. I am just saying that Dom's and St Johns HAVE to bring Freshman and Soph's to Varsity because they do not have enough players to form their teams. Kellenberg does not. [/quote]

Stepinac is not a good win they are not a good team. Do you play St Mary's or that new program Kennedy in Westchester. Sorry, for the island not a 3rd best. Nor do I see it in the future. It is about varsity and if SJB and Doms can get the numbers and play Frsh or Sphs they will continually be better.

Whats up with BC and DB out of NJ. are these rebuild years?

I agree that St Dom's & SJB have smaller numbers then Kellenberg but they are winning with the younger kids playing up. This will only lead to stronger programs in the future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the coaching at Kellenberg this season? I know the season is not going well but sometimes you don’t have the horses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the coaching at Kellenberg this season? I know the season is not going well but sometimes you don’t have the horses.

Has 5 times the amount of kids at St Doms and close to double SjB and Holy Trinity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not trying to be provocative but have to ask, wouldn't having a bigger player pool to draw from and two full JV teams to develop players on over four years be considered the building blocks of a solid program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not trying to be provocative but have to ask, wouldn't having a bigger player pool to draw from and two full JV teams to develop players on over four years be considered the building blocks of a solid program?

No.

Would you rather swim in a dirty Olympic pool or a clean backyard pool. Some times the size of the pool means nothing. Its the quality of the water.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No.

Would you rather swim in a dirty Olympic pool or a clean backyard pool. Some times the size of the pool means nothing. Its the quality of the water.

Isn’t the coach part of Express? Doesn’t Kellenberg have a farm team like St A & Charm? How can they be performing so poorly?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No.

Isn’t the coach part of Express? Doesn’t Kellenberg have a farm team like St A & Charm? How can they be performing so poorly?

Because most of the players don't enjoy playing for this coach. If your not having fun you are not going to play well.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard