BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 128 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looneys, breakers, fca all have hold backs. They are all about even.

Curious why you would say that? Hardly even close..Crabs have the most by far.

doubtful that it is by far, I would imagine the number on each team would be pretty close.

Keep telling yourself that while you click your heels twice. See if it comes true. Crabs have the most not even close

show me some numbers then, where are you getting your stats, surely you have seen rosters from all of the club teams in the DMV to make this blanket statement, you may not be clicking your heels, but I think your head is in the sand.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

doubtful that it is by far, I would imagine the number on each team would be pretty close.

Keep telling yourself that while you click your heels twice. See if it comes true. Crabs have the most not even close

show me some numbers then, where are you getting your stats, surely you have seen rosters from all of the club teams in the DMV to make this blanket statement, you may not be clicking your heels, but I think your head is in the sand.

The old show me the numbers excuse. Crabs are the team of choice for most MIAA schools kids. Not everyone but a majority would prefer to play for Crabs. Have you looked at their rosters. If you know anything about lacrosse in Balt you will recognize some of the names and MIAA school. Crabs have a great reputation and draw some of the best kids. Having good skills and a one year advantage makes you one of the better players. Pretty easy to see that they would attract the majority of holdbacks. You can put your head in sand and deny this, but it wont make it not true. Crabs and any other teams at youth level can expect to hear this for a while. Tainted Victories

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ryan told me himself! And I'm fine with it but don't claim to smoke and crush teams. Do you know how much difference one year makes at 12,13,14? HUGE, think of your programs top 2019 kid and imagine him playing 2020. Think of your top 2020 kid and imagine him playing 2021. I know with our program it is a huge difference. If I took 6 of my 2019 kids and put them on my 2020 team right now, we would rarely if ever lose to a 2020 team. Wouldn't even be close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is ridiculous. Almost all kids that go to MIAA schools starting in kindergarten are put in pre-first. By your logic, almost all of these kids play for crabs which is just simply untrue. Unless you have some proof that all the private school kids that play for FCA, Breakers, Looneys, etc did not go to prefirst you should really not speak. I know for a fact that the Looneys 2019 green team has several kids that went to prefirst at Gilman and a couple other schools. This is NOT just a Crabs issue. None of the other Maryland clubs have the right to complain because they have access to the same kids as Crabs does. I can understand the LI teams being upset about it and I can understand parents of kids that are at normal age for their grade being upset as well. I fall into the latter and my son lost his spot a couple years ago on a team(not Crabs by the way) due to there being three kids repeating 8th grade. But guess what? He found a new team and has no issues. We baby our kids enough these days. Having to play lacrosse against a kid a year older than them is not going to hurt them in any way.

More important to teach kids to deal with not having to "reclass" just to be competitive. The real "babying" is reclassing your kid and teaching him it is okay to manipulate the system just to get an edge. The majority of the kids are on Crabs because they encourage it and the kids want to go where they will fit in with others who manipulate the system. The victories are truly tainted and the respect is not there from the opponents because of it. Just heard of another Crabs kid reclassing despite all As in his current private school (guess which one) and this kid is already significantly bigger than the kids in his current grade. Next year we will see him playing a year below and pretty sure his younger brother will be reclassed the following year just to stay on Crabs and pursue "the dream"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ryan told me himself! And I'm fine with it but don't claim to smoke and crush teams. Do you know how much difference one year makes at 12,13,14? HUGE, think of your programs top 2019 kid and imagine him playing 2020. Think of your top 2020 kid and imagine him playing 2021. I know with our program it is a huge difference. If I took 6 of my 2019 kids and put them on my 2020 team right now, we would rarely if ever lose to a 2020 team. Wouldn't even be close.

So very true but the whole point is lost on the families and teams that have reclassed. They will continue to justify it and never see it for what it truly is but kudos to you for stating it so clearly. The best stick skills can not make up for the speed and size difference of an equally talented player one year older.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Respectable spread but "crushed" may be a bit over the top. At least they were in the game with 8 goals. Sounds like Crabs has strengthened their 2020 and are on the road to great things with the team. Just try not to be so "Crab like" and superior and use words like crushed, smoked etc. Makes other teams lose respect for you when you have a good team.

OK thanks for the tip "conscience" of the forum. we are so lucky to have your guidance.

Somebody needs to have a "conscience" as clearly you do not if you think this is okay

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Respectable spread but "crushed" may be a bit over the top. At least they were in the game with 8 goals. Sounds like Crabs has strengthened their 2020 and are on the road to great things with the team. Just try not to be so "Crab like" and superior and use words like crushed, smoked etc. Makes other teams lose respect for you when you have a good team.

OK thanks for the tip "conscience" of the forum. we are so lucky to have your guidance.

Somebody needs to have a "conscience" as clearly you do not if you think this is okay

Try badminton...your conscience will serve you well there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is ridiculous. Almost all kids that go to MIAA schools starting in kindergarten are put in pre-first. By your logic, almost all of these kids play for crabs which is just simply untrue. Unless you have some proof that all the private school kids that play for FCA, Breakers, Looneys, etc did not go to prefirst you should really not speak. I know for a fact that the Looneys 2019 green team has several kids that went to prefirst at Gilman and a couple other schools. This is NOT just a Crabs issue. None of the other Maryland clubs have the right to complain because they have access to the same kids as Crabs does. I can understand the LI teams being upset about it and I can understand parents of kids that are at normal age for their grade being upset as well. I fall into the latter and my son lost his spot a couple years ago on a team(not Crabs by the way) due to there being three kids repeating 8th grade. But guess what? He found a new team and has no issues. We baby our kids enough these days. Having to play lacrosse against a kid a year older than them is not going to hurt them in any way.

More important to teach kids to deal with not having to "reclass" just to be competitive. The real "babying" is reclassing your kid and teaching him it is okay to manipulate the system just to get an edge. The majority of the kids are on Crabs because they encourage it and the kids want to go where they will fit in with others who manipulate the system. The victories are truly tainted and the respect is not there from the opponents because of it. Just heard of another Crabs kid reclassing despite all As in his current private school (guess which one) and this kid is already significantly bigger than the kids in his current grade. Next year we will see him playing a year below and pretty sure his younger brother will be reclassed the following year just to stay on Crabs and pursue "the dream"

I don't know which school "which one" referred to, but my son is in 8th grade at BL. There is one kid repeating 8th grade in his class that plays for Crabs. There was a kid that was in his class that is repeating 7th grade this year, but he does not play for Crabs. None of the prefirst kids play for Crabs. They play for MLC, FCA, Greene Turtle and Koopers. My other son is in 5th grade at BL and more than half of that class went to prefirst. My son is the only one in the class that plays for Crabs and he did not go to prefirst. The prefirst kids play for Greene Turtle and a couple other clubs.

So yes, Crabs parents are going to ask for the numbers. I'm not arguing that Crabs has some over age kids. My son's team has 5. But, I know for a fact that other teams have the same amount. Looneys, Breakers, FCA, Greene Turtle all have several prefirsts. Yet it's Crabs that "encourages and promotes" this? Many of those kids tried out for Crabs and didn't make it.

Again, as a parent of on age kids, I don't like it. But, Crabs is single out in this and they are far from the only club taking advantage of the system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Respectable spread but "crushed" may be a bit over the top. At least they were in the game with 8 goals. Sounds like Crabs has strengthened their 2020 and are on the road to great things with the team. Just try not to be so "Crab like" and superior and use words like crushed, smoked etc. Makes other teams lose respect for you when you have a good team.

Another tough guy lacrosse dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you miss the part about 7 players from 2018 Crabs now playing as 2019s?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You want some cheese to go with that whine?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys only have touched on Baltimore teams. Do the Hawks and/or NOVA teams do the reclass thing with their players as well?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am just using the reclass/holdback issue to teach my son that life sucks and its never fair and never going to be fair. And if any of us are playing our children in this NPYLL level of play. We need them to understand this fact. Because guess what recruiting is not fair, varsity lacrosse is not fair, and for sure College lacrosse has nothing to do with fair. So everyone on here is correct the people mad are correct and the people saying stop your crying are correct. This will all go away for us 2019 parents in a year or two, and then we will have a Varsity lacrosse coach to be mad at about something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Respectable spread but "crushed" may be a bit over the top. At least they were in the game with 8 goals. Sounds like Crabs has strengthened their 2020 and are on the road to great things with the team. Just try not to be so "Crab like" and superior and use words like crushed, smoked etc. Makes other teams lose respect for you when you have a good team.

Another tough guy lacrosse dad.

Said the anonymous keyboard gangster whose kid got cut from the Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's something that actually pertains to this forum:

Crabs 2020 15 Hawks 2020 Green 8
Bethesda LC 2021 8 Crabs 5
Bethesda LC 2022 10 Crabs 7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New tournament brackets. A, AA, Reclassed (AA+)
HHH Does the same thing. HHH hides until they get their influx of reclassed kids. You didn't see their 2020's at any tough tournaments last summer. Then in two years they come out of the woodwork with half their team reclassed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am just using the reclass/holdback issue to teach my son that life sucks and its never fair and never going to be fair. And if any of us are playing our children in this NPYLL level of play. We need them to understand this fact. Because guess what recruiting is not fair, varsity lacrosse is not fair, and for sure College lacrosse has nothing to do with fair. So everyone on here is correct the people mad are correct and the people saying stop your crying are correct. This will all go away for us 2019 parents in a year or two, and then we will have a Varsity lacrosse coach to be mad at about something.

Your point is well and good for High School teams and above. But where the BIG issue with the holdback/reclassify thing is at the youth level . We dont need to teach 8 and 9 year olds the tough reality of life is not fair. We are talking youth sports of under 15 years old. It is nothing to do with teaching hard lessons to 11 12 year olds or whatever youth age. This is about letting a select group of youth get away with cheating the system. Crabs are big proponents of holding children back. The Director is very open about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know which school "which one" referred to, but my son is in 8th grade at BL. There is one kid repeating 8th grade in his class that plays for Crabs. There was a kid that was in his class that is repeating 7th grade this year, but he does not play for Crabs. None of the prefirst kids play for Crabs. They play for MLC, FCA, Greene Turtle and Koopers. My other son is in 5th grade at BL and more than half of that class went to prefirst. My son is the only one in the class that plays for Crabs and he did not go to prefirst. The prefirst kids play for Greene Turtle and a couple other clubs.

So yes, Crabs parents are going to ask for the numbers. I'm not arguing that Crabs has some over age kids. My son's team has 5. But, I know for a fact that other teams have the same amount. Looneys, Breakers, FCA, Greene Turtle all have several prefirsts. Yet it's Crabs that "encourages and promotes" this? Many of those kids tried out for Crabs and didn't make it.

Again, as a parent of on age kids, I don't like it. But, Crabs is single out in this and they are far from the only club taking advantage of the system.

Can you also understand how people reading " over half his classmates were held back" get taken aback. OVER HALF his class. And that is common because my son goes to another school where over half were held back in his grade. It is crazy.. Many have lacrosse pedigrees in their blood. Isnt it a wonder why many teams from other areas look at MD with a tainted view. This whole prefirst thing has gotten out of control. I also think early recruiting has kicked it up a notch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks crabs, you sent Colorado a crappy dad. One of your players moved to CO and daddy cried to get junior to start on varsity by threatening to leave a big club team, run by the coach. Unfortunately most of the team knows why and now hate the family, and think the kid is pathetic for getting daddy to make threats. The player is good, for a frosh and but not better than many others on the team, everyone but daddy and mommy on the sidelines are rolling their eyes because the precious crab magically moved from 3rd line middie to starting attack.wow, in one week!!! I guess Maryland parents have deep pockets, and well, obviously no class, I am sure you were relieved when they moved. I guess Maryland high school coaches don't cave to threats. And Maryland parents don't care if no one respects them or their kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks crabs, you sent Colorado a crappy dad. One of your players moved to CO and daddy cried to get junior to start on varsity by threatening to leave a big club team, run by the coach. Unfortunately most of the team knows why and now hate the family, and think the kid is pathetic for getting daddy to make threats. The player is good, for a frosh and but not better than many others on the team, everyone but daddy and mommy on the sidelines are rolling their eyes because the precious crab magically moved from 3rd line middie to starting attack.wow, in one week!!! I guess Maryland parents have deep pockets, and well, obviously no class, I am sure you were relieved when they moved. I guess Maryland high school coaches don't cave to threats. And Maryland parents don't care if no one respects them or their kids.

Thats what you get when everyone smokes ganja in the state. Plus there are no good teams in CO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thanks crabs, you sent Colorado a crappy dad. One of your players moved to CO and daddy cried to get junior to start on varsity by threatening to leave a big club team, run by the coach. Unfortunately most of the team knows why and now hate the family, and think the kid is pathetic for getting daddy to make threats. The player is good, for a frosh and but not better than many others on the team, everyone but daddy and mommy on the sidelines are rolling their eyes because the precious crab magically moved from 3rd line middie to starting attack.wow, in one week!!! I guess Maryland parents have deep pockets, and well, obviously no class, I am sure you were relieved when they moved. I guess Maryland high school coaches don't cave to threats. And Maryland parents don't care if no one respects them or their kids.

Go back to the hemp and weirdo anti kids laws [lacrosse], and leave lax to those who know it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thanks crabs, you sent Colorado a crappy dad. One of your players moved to CO and daddy cried to get junior to start on varsity by threatening to leave a big club team, run by the coach. Unfortunately most of the team knows why and now hate the family, and think the kid is pathetic for getting daddy to make threats. The player is good, for a frosh and but not better than many others on the team, everyone but daddy and mommy on the sidelines are rolling their eyes because the precious crab magically moved from 3rd line middie to starting attack.wow, in one week!!! I guess Maryland parents have deep pockets, and well, obviously no class, I am sure you were relieved when they moved. I guess Maryland high school coaches don't cave to threats. And Maryland parents don't care if no one respects them or their kids.

Thats what you get when everyone smokes ganja in the state. Plus there are no good teams in CO

The Crabs kid is like Rabil out there.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Loosing lots of sleep over not having respect of this guy in CO. But he is getting what he wanted, the reaction. If only we were respected by the guys playing with fiddle sticks and girls soccer cleats .....life would be complete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Loosing lots of sleep over not having respect of this guy in CO. But he is getting what he wanted, the reaction. If only we were respected by the guys playing with fiddle sticks and girls soccer cleats .....life would be complete.

Sooo hilarious, thanks for the reassurance we didn't end up with the only jerk in MD, but I know that from going to tourneys.

Like most Maryland kids the boy is not as good as his dad thinks he is. and doesn't merit the position I guess he was only held back one year, as he'd have to have been held back a second year to compete in Maryland. Obviously all the dads in MD are complete douches, and think this is the way to promote your kids. the reactions here are typical, and in keeping with the demeanor of the dad. In CO all our committed kids save one is on grade, there certainly are not as many great players, but less kids blatantly cheat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are WAY, WAY, WAY out of line.

You can [lacrosse] about the Dad but leave the kid out of it.
We played with him on 2 teams and he is a great, great team mate.

Let me guess, he took time from your boy???

I hope they move back east, Love that family.
You don't what you have!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] You guys are WAY, WAY, WAY out of line.

You can [lacrosse] about the Dad but leave the kid out of it.
We played with him on 2 teams and he is a great, great team mate.

Let me guess, he took time from your boy???

I hope they move back east, Love that family.
You don't what you have!!

Did he think of [lacrosse] all by himself ....impressive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Hate the Family"
"Kid is pathetic"

Wow-you really do have problems at that high school.

Your comments are pathetic.

I'm a Crabs Dad
And if you would like to talk in person, I will be g

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be careful it's another crabs dad. If u win he will sue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got to love the Crabs attitude, dad does something wrong, the team and parents react as people typically do to overreaching jerks with deep pockets, and the crabs blame the people he screwed over for complaining.

Like the crab claim they are so much better, when in fact they are mostly just older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Got to love the Crabs attitude, dad does something wrong, the team and parents react as people typically do to overreaching jerks with deep pockets, and the crabs blame the people he screwed over for complaining.

Like the crab claim they are so much better, when in fact they are mostly just older.

KEEP TELLING YOUR SELF THAT, UNDERACHIEVER. THE ROAD IS STREWN WITH ANTI CRABS WANNABE'S.....HERE IS ANOTHER.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am really having trouble following this. What is this about ..some kid who used to be a Crab, moved to Co, parents paid to have him start, starter replaced dad is pissed and for some reason is blaming Crabs and the entire state of MD.. am I missing something..

CO better hope the anti gaja people don't see this..it could be part of a court case to repeal law

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National Lacrosse Federation (NLF) is proud to announce an alliance with 6 of the top club programs in the Nation.

Member Clubs of NLF;
91 Lacrosse (based out of Long Island, NY)
Long Island Express (based out of Long Island, NY)
Baltimore Crabs (based out of Maryland)
Big 4 HHH (based out of Pennsylvania)
Leading Edge (based out of New Jersey)
Laxachusetts (based out of Massachusetts)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This looks like a great idea, and now can you ask why they cut it off at 6 teams? And will they add more? and which teams should be added to this group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does this mean Crabs and Leading edge are no longer part of NSCLA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National Lacrosse Federation (NLF) is proud to announce an alliance with 6 of the top club programs in the Nation.

Member Clubs of NLF;
91 Lacrosse (based out of Long Island, NY)
Long Island Express (based out of Long Island, NY)
Baltimore Crabs (based out of Maryland)
Big 4 HHH (based out of Pennsylvania)
Leading Edge (based out of New Jersey)
Laxachusetts (based out of Massachusetts)

This has to be in response to the growth of 3d.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]This looks like a great idea, and now can you ask why they cut it off at 6 teams? And will they add more? and which teams should be added to this group?

You are heading in the wrong direction with that question. They will not add, they are trying to keep the drek out. Watered down tourney's with weak players and comp are not what the coaches are looking for.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep, and its probably to keep new clubs that are really strong like Igloo, Legacy, Sons out. Should increase the field, pretty limited. Its all about control

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think both of you guys are correct. The field should be small. but not 6 teams small. And I think what they are saying is these 6 teams will be there at each grade level and we will add 4 to 6 more teams at each level to make a tournament of 10 or 12. Because then you could take a teams 2019 team and not there weaker 2020 team. Also I am sure these 6 teams will have to play in other tournaments and they better win them. Or this elite top 6 talk will go south quick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think both of you guys are correct. The field should be small. but not 6 teams small. And I think what they are saying is these 6 teams will be there at each grade level and we will add 4 to 6 more teams at each level to make a tournament of 10 or 12. Because then you could take a teams 2019 team and not there weaker 2020 team. Also I am sure these 6 teams will have to play in other tournaments and they better win them. Or this elite top 6 talk will go south quick.

Dont disagree with this - but nobody can say this isnt a smart business move.
If you have 6 of the top clubs at the same event it makes it easier for coaches to look at the kids...which you then advertise...which helps you grow your individual club...which helps you make more cash.

The growth of club lax is great but has gotten sol diluted that it is impossible to know which events will be worth going to...or where the coaches will be. This appears to be an attempt to gain some control of that. makes sense, time will tell how it works out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep, and its probably to keep new clubs that are really strong like Igloo, Legacy, Sons out. Should increase the field, pretty limited. Its all about control

They will be invited, but not necessarily a member of the federation. Look at the website and you will see other teams attending the tournaments such as Eclips, Primtime NY, West Coast Starz, etc.

Very smart move. People have been asking why Crabs hasn't had their 8th and 9th graders in some tournaments not knowing that they were spending the day at Hopkins with HHH and others in front of top college coaches. The coaches would prefer this setting to wandering around Cedar Lane watching Crabs play some crappy team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 30 of 128 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard