BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 38 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 37 38
Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port Wash vs 'Pequa good name today. lets celebrate the good ones. is weather a factor

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip vs Ward Melville Saturday another good one this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
this new Suffolk schedule really sucks...

Most powerful schools have had only one or two real games thus far and 5 that weren't good for anyone.

Worse, JV hasn't had any real games...

10 plus goals in first half mean starters are pulled and benches are cleared, no way to prepare for the SME, SMW, WM Masapequa, syosset...

Would much prefer to have a record of 4 and 4 against tough teams than undefeated or 1 loss at this stage.

Forget about national rankings, they are a load of crap. In suffolk at least, the objective is to win states. Can't push your team to play under pressure if every game is 13-2...

Ah 13-2 (try 14 or 15 to 2) but I say why a power conference? Imagine if there was a power conference would you have put Connetiquot there. If they didn't make it into the power conference they would be undefeated and everyone would question their accomplishments.

Maybe try this on for size; each conference has 12 or so teams. 4 teams in each are very good 4 will give each other good games and 4 others will be the door mats.

Take 2 of those 4 door mats off the schedule and replace them with 2 non conference "challenge" games.

Since you mentioned Suffolk
Does Northport, Connetiquot (not a surprise to me), Ward Melville really need to play Brentwood or Longwood. No! That game doesn't help either team. But you and I both know you put those 3 teams into a power conference the bitching starts why can we have a safe game... blah blah blah

Honestly since you mentioned states how much do you know about the rest of the state? There are powder puff games in all of the NY sections 8, 1, 9, 2, 4, 5, 6,3, 7, 10. Brentwood/Longwood, East Islip/West Babylon or Baldwin/Valley Stream would be better than 500 clubs looking at a playoff spot.

Many of the public school sections (in and out of the state) are broken up in 1/3 just like Suffolk; the good, the bad, and the ugly.

You are very correct about section 8 having terrible games just like section 11. Section 8 A has Freeport, Hempstead, Valley Stream, Uniondale, and Plainview. That's 5 teams that lose by at least 10 to everyone else in the conference except each other.

Section 1 and 9 are no better.

Section 2 may have the best parity but still top heavy. You say prep for states, they way to prep for states is cross section games. Drop 2 league games and play out of conference.

Lets see how Darian Manhasset goes and we will see how Sect 2 is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa by double digits today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO way!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO way!

Port gave Syossett a run for their money - should be a close game today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO way!

16-6 final, and Pequa pumped the brakes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO way!

Impressive win, thought it would be closer. Looking forward to Syosset next week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO way!

Impressive win, thought it would be closer. Looking forward to Syosset next week.

Thought Port would give Pequa a much tougher game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think many thought 'port would give a better game. Let's see if my latest prediction which throws Suffolk A into a tizzy comes through. Both Ward Melville at Northport win against league 2 foes.

Big game in Nassau 4/24... Strap them up boys. Playoffs are coming, this is the part of the season keep your bodies healthy and jump on your study's early in the last qtr. Leave it all on the field everyday.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO way!

You're such a loser

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport, 16 v. Smithtown East, 10
At Northport today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At Northport today

Did anyone see that coming? Haven't been following NP too closely were they missing any players early in the season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that guy that posted at 10am saw it coming predicted both WM and Northtport wins...

nice picks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At Northport today

What was the face off battle like, between two of the best in the country?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that guy that posted at 10am saw it coming predicted both WM and Northtport wins...

nice picks.

Thanks. I've been talking about Northport a while now. Unfortunately I am not a fan of theirs because of one middie but think their poles are very good. Not enough to make up for their cheap [lacrosse] middie.

I also called the Carey season. Saw them last year tare apart a team I thought was good from west/put. Although not a fan.

Like 'Pequa not so much a Syosett fan. But that will be a good game. If Pequa rips up Syosett suffolk has a lot to worry about. But then again that is why tHey play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At Northport today

Did anyone see that coming? Haven't been following NP too closely were they missing any players early in the season?

What are you talking about? You sound like they were 3-4 heading into the game. They were 7-1 with a 5 game (now 6) game win streak and have been destroying everybody.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's up with Manhasset and GC? They are a combined 8-9 with only 3 wins between the two them against better than .500 teams. Has the lax world shifted that much?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau B is a mess. The usual top teams floundering. Some rebuilding others praying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At Northport today

What are you talking about? You sound like they were 3-4 heading into the game. They were 7-1 with a 5 game (now 6) game win streak and have been destroying everybody.

You should work on your reading comprehension. I asked a simple question. I also stated that I had not been following NP. I knew they lost by 9 goals to a team from Nassau County early in the season. I did not make it sound like anything.
I questioned if they were missing players early in the season because the loss early on does not make sense to me due to the fact that they have been doing so well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a good question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I suspect neither of those schools are happy with their records but I would not be surprised to see either one of them to make a nice run in the playoffs. Both have played pretty challenging schedules and Set beat a solid SW team and GC beat a strong St Paul's squad. I believe Set plays Lynbrook and GC plays Carey this week. Those games will provide a lot of color regarding Nassau B. It's nice to see this dogfight expand to some other schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I suspect neither of those schools are happy with their records but I would not be surprised to see either one of them to make a nice run in the playoffs. Both have played pretty challenging schedules and Set beat a solid SW team and GC beat a strong St Paul's squad. I believe Set plays Lynbrook and GC plays Carey this week. Those games will provide a lot of color regarding Nassau B. It's nice to see this dogfight expand to some other schools.

GC will get on a bus and go 3 hours south to play St. Paul's. They could practically walk to Chaminade and play them instead. They clearly want no part of the Flyers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about you just be grateful for the players who leave GC to play for your precious Flyers. You wouldn't be nearly the program without them

GC will get on a bus and go 3 hours south to play St. Paul's. They could practically walk to Chaminade and play them instead. They clearly want no part of the Flyers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about you just be grateful for the players who leave GC to play for your precious Flyers. You wouldn't be nearly the program without them

You're ducking the issue....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks to GC virtually forbidding kids from playing for club teams outside the select town team , the program is suffering a downtrade, maybe temporary, but we shall see. In the past kids played PAL on one of 4 equally talented teams. In addition, some kids played on summer tryout club teams. This approach provided a pretty good feeder system for the h.s. team, the results are in black and white. Now part of the deal seems to be an implicit deal that you must play for asst. coaches in summer or have no chance to play as a h.s. kid. freshmen get promoted to varsity etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau B is a mess. The usual top teams floundering. Some rebuilding others praying.

It's not a mess. The traditional powerhouse programs are in the twilight of their dominance as youth lacrosse has spread like wildfire across the landscape. PAL programs founded in last 7-10 years are now starting to produce fruit which has leveled the playing field and upset the concentration of power and dominance of those programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHHW vs. Connetquot should be a great game today. Predictions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today Lynbrook vs Carey 4:45pm lets see what happens

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the Nassau B showdown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
great game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does Lynbrook still have grass fields?
If so, it's gonna be a mess of a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
turf field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not a mess. The traditional powerhouse programs are in the twilight of their dominance as youth lacrosse has spread like wildfire across the landscape. PAL programs founded in last 7-10 years are now starting to produce fruit which has leveled the playing field and upset the concentration of power and dominance of those programs.
Well said, Connetquot is a prime example of a product of a stronger youth league, leading them to the top of the standings. The traditional towns definitely have more competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said, Connetquot is a prime example of a product of a stronger youth league, leading them to the top of the standings. The traditional towns definitely have more competition.

Club teams have also played a major role in helping kids from non traditional powe programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks to GC virtually forbidding kids from playing for club teams outside the select town team , the program is suffering a downtrade, maybe temporary, but we shall see. In the past kids played PAL on one of 4 equally talented teams. In addition, some kids played on summer tryout club teams. This approach provided a pretty good feeder system for the h.s. team, the results are in black and white. Now part of the deal seems to be an implicit deal that you must play for asst. coaches in summer or have no chance to play as a h.s. kid. freshmen get promoted to varsity etc.

Self Dealing and conflicts of interest like this are what is ruining lacrosse. The best kids should play regardless of where they play or who they play for. HS sports should be about one thing and one thing only - the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHHW vs. Connetquot should be a great game today. Predictions?

I like 'Quot but the weather is a factor. Since Both have very good offenses. it is whomever handles the weather best. Some club talk in this one, but record wise and barn yard talk between league 1 & 2 it would have made it more interesting if it was HHHE. Leaving only 1 undefeated team in A for Suffolk. Who knows but still may wind up that way, I think Quot will find a way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Club teams have also played a major role in helping kids from non traditional powe programs.

I would agree and Say Club over town help connetquot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would agree and Say Club over town help connetquot.

Club Teams have helped all programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No doubt.

Page 20 of 38 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard