BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 86 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well we will see what the Breakers record ends up being this season. They put good teams on the field. But I do know for a fact the two Madlax scores this weekend playing LI Express are correct. We would need to ask an LI dad to fill us in on what teams we played and if those where there best squads or not?

Not an Express parent but know a few from both Long Island and North - watched the madlax game in March vs Express North (Westchester). Final was 6-3. Heard they were missing several players and dont carry as big a roster normally as many clubs do. Madlax was the better team but North was very competitive.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like MADLAX is doing well - beat the LI teams this weekend in 7th & 8th grade. Any eyewitness account on whether this is true?

Madlax 2020 (Capital area All Star team) played in the NYPLL league this past Sunday and lost to Breakers 2020. Must have been their "National" all star team put together just for the weekend.

Point was not who is better -not sure why everything comes down to that on these forums. The point was that two madlax 2020 teams must have played this weekend and clearly the team that played li express was the better of their two teams so probably the national team as opposed to their capital area team that played locally Was not a challenge statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like MADLAX is doing well - beat the LI teams this weekend in 7th & 8th grade. Any eyewitness account on whether this is true?

Madlax 2020 (Capital area All Star team) played in the NYPLL league this past Sunday and lost to Breakers 2020. Must have been their "National" all star team put together just for the weekend.

Madlax National teams only play together twice a year at certain tournaments. Once in the summer and once in the winter. They do not play together at any other time so I am sure that this was not their National team.

Point was not who is better -not sure why everything comes down to that on these forums. The point was that two madlax 2020 teams must have played this weekend and clearly the team that played li express was the better of their two teams so probably the national team as opposed to their capital area team that played locally Was not a challenge statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well if you could get 8th graders to fly in for one game from Texas,Cali and Fl. Then you would of had the National team. But it clearly was not and you know this. This site is so full of "TROLLS" I like to read about the teams and players in the area. But we will never really now who is better or best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The all star part would be pulling player from 2019 to play in what should be a 2020 game since some may be age eligible. Notice "7th and 8th grade" instead of by the normal graduation year used. If it did not matter then why post the note as an enticement for tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes - 2019 won handily, 2020 won in OT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Non troll straight question,
How / why did VLC fall apart? They had such strong HS teams just a year or two ago, but at the youth level just cratered. Why? Too expensive, not enough coaches or good coaches, grass is greener at other clubs???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well if you could get 8th graders to fly in for one game from Texas,Cali and Fl. Then you would of had the National team. But it clearly was not and you know this. This site is so full of "TROLLS" I like to read about the teams and players in the area. But we will never really now who is better or best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The all star part would be pulling player from 2019 to play in what should be a 2020 game since some may be age eligible. Notice "7th and 8th grade" instead of by the normal graduation year used. If it did not matter then why post the note as an enticement for tryouts?

The teams are 6 and 7 graders play for 2020 and only 8th graders play for 2019. I can confirm there is not a single kid who is in the 8th grade at this time on the 2020 team for a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Non troll straight question,
How / why did VLC fall apart? They had such strong HS teams just a year or two ago, but at the youth level just cratered. Why? Too expensive, not enough coaches or good coaches, grass is greener at other clubs???

Please stop. You post the same thing every week and it only serves to make the rest of us look poorly.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do something about the trolls. Use that big Madlax budget to get separate uniforms for the National teams so your opponents know who they are playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The teams are 6 and 7 graders play for 2020 and only 8th graders play for 2019. I can confirm there is not a single kid who is in the 8th grade at this time on the 2020 team for a fact.
[quote=Anonymous]The all star part would be pulling player from 2019 to play in what should be a 2020 game since some may be age eligible. Notice "7th and 8th grade" instead of by the normal graduation year used. If it did not matter then why post the note as an enticement for tryouts?

The teams are 6 and 7 graders play for 2020 and only 8th graders play for 2019. I can confirm there is not a single kid who is in the 8th grade at this time on the 2020 team for a fact. [/quote

So are there two 2020 teams last week or one team that played Breakers and LI Express the same day? ]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Well if you could get 8th graders to fly in for one game from Texas,Cali and Fl. Then you would of had the National team. But it clearly was not and you know this. This site is so full of "TROLLS" I like to read about the teams and players in the area. But we will never really now who is better or best.

Do something about the trolls. Use that big Madlax budget to get separate uniforms for the National teams so your opponents know who they are playing.

Or, you could do something really unique these days. Just man-up and beat them instead of whining. Crabs do it all the time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Well if you could get 8th graders to fly in for one game from Texas,Cali and Fl. Then you would of had the National team. But it clearly was not and you know this. This site is so full of "TROLLS" I like to read about the teams and players in the area. But we will never really now who is better or best.

Or, you could do something really unique these days. Just man-up and beat them instead of whining. Crabs do it all the time

Madlax National 2019 smoked the crabs the last time they played tuff guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Well if you could get 8th graders to fly in for one game from Texas,Cali and Fl. Then you would of had the National team. But it clearly was not and you know this. This site is so full of "TROLLS" I like to read about the teams and players in the area. But we will never really now who is better or best.

Madlax National 2019 smoked the crabs the last time they played tuff guy.

Nope didn't happen tuff guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like someone has already said the National team only plays 2 times a year and they do wear a National Madlax uniform.
Also it looks like the Crabs and Madlax will be playing each other twice in Npyll this year so we will see if the Big Dogs are still at the top or the evil empire has risen to knock them off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anybody notice the shake up at Madlax for the younger summer teams (formerly U13 and younger)? No more blue teams - only grade based teams. I wonder how many kids will be displaced by the change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think there is still the same total of teams. Before they had the two grad yeas combined into a orange and blue. Now there is just a orange for each grad year. Which if you think about it, when it was U13 it was the 7th graders on orange and the 6th graders on blue. It kinda hurts the kids that would of played up to orange but it helps the kids on blue have better players on there team. This had to happen with the total of Va club teams growing by 2 teams a year the last 5 years it seems like. It could hurt or help Madlax only time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The assumption is that any second year players on the blue will be moved to the new orange team based on graduation year. If that player was not good enough for the orange in September or March, why would they be moved up as new players tryout instead of cut? In other words, there will be 'weaker' players displaced by the change and tryouts - I wonder how many and what choices are left. Most clubs have moved to fall tryouts so . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax gladly takes the money of anyone who tries out, which is why they field multiple teams at the youth level. Those Blue and White kids have horrible experiences. Madlax can't field teams in HS because those families have wised up by then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have enjoyed when my son was on the Blue team. There Blue team is still better then these other B level programs. If you want to be on a discount lacrosse club you are correct its cheaper. But there blue teams play in better tournaments then these B programs in NOVA. The rule of thumb for me is if your club team is playing in a tournament in the state of VA your club is for fun only. So I always say what is my better option? And you will always have kids who's skill level is in between AA and A or between A and B. Or you have the Parent who thinks there kid should be on A and he is B player. When you start younger with Madlax and get used to the money, you get a consistent situation. You know the teams and games will be played and be played at a above avg level. You know that it does not matter who your father is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I count 7 teams from 2016 to 2019 being played by Madlax this summer. And 90% or more of Madlax teams are Private school kids.
Which would imply they are going to be going to a private high school. And most of the big High school Lacrosse programs in the area have summer and team camps for there Lacrosse teams. So the next thing I am going to hear is Blackwolf and guess what they are good. But that does not make Madlax "BAD" because they are good. Madlax has and will never be a bad option. There might be a better team at a certain time. But if you want to assure it will be above avg to great no matter the year or age Madlax is the best option in NOVA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me ask a question do these kids that leave the blue and white teams stop playing travel lacrosse? I am guessing that is a no. Do they leave and play for a team that calls themselves a AA or A team? Is this old blue player a better player now that he is on a AA or A team? And can we show that the other clubs in NOVA can beat Madlax and there Blue or White teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rosters are starting to appear for the summer teams . . . how are the tryouts going?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are going good. Like always the turn over is more then the other clubs but with the 2020 and 2019 clubs the core kids are all back. The 2020 team lost some good players but gain some good new ones also. There is still spots to be had on this team. The 2019 blue team will be better then in the spring for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Consider this: there is a public school player who is a rising 10th grader (ie Class of 2018)(and played for Madlax 2018 this year) who has "reclassified" himself for Club lacrosse purposes only and will play for MadLax 2019 starting this summer, although he will not be held back in school. This is being justified because he has decided to take a PG year after he graduates from high school in order to better his chances to play Division 1 lacrosse in college and for no other reason. He has a May 2000 birthday so in all honesty his age matches up to many 2019 players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is nothing. Madlax's teams are filled with tons of reclassified kids. They have a 2017 kid who played with Madlax 2018 last fall despite the fact the kid was STILL enrolled as a 2017 in a VA public school. My son heard he is still enrolled in that public school as a 2017 yet he's playing again this summer with Madlax 2018.

I can name at least 8 reclassified kids on the Madlax teams and there are probably a ton more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son birthday is May 2001 and he plays 2019 club. I must be stupid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is where he should and your grammar is impeccable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is where he should and your grammar is impeccable.

Nice sentence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happen to MadLax 2021? Their battles with the Hawks last year were fun to watch?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happen to MadLax 2021? Their battles with the Hawks last year were fun to watch?

Their awesome attack are all on the 2022 team now
One of their top middies went to the Hawks 2022
One of their top poles left for Bethesda

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That happens to Madlax a lot these days. Their best HS players leave for other clubs and now they are seeing the same thing happen to their youth teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That happens to Madlax a lot these days. Their best HS players leave for other clubs and now they are seeing the same thing happen to their youth teams.

I agree they are losing more players at the younger level then the past. It for sure there pricing model. Also I see a trend from the smaller newer programs, they have or give the impression that they are connected to the local high school programs and the kids get scared to leave them. Also all of these programs are run by Dads of kids cut by Madlax in the past and they spend lots of effort to bash them for their faults. Fair and unfair LOL I think it will take 2 or 3 more years but I see Madlax dropping the monthly fee the charge. I think that scares so many great players parents away when they are young. And So many of these other programs do not play where Madlax and VLC play during the summer the parents out of the loop think tournaments in Manassas and Va Beach are the good ones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well can someone please explain how Madlax 2019Blue and VLC are both in the 2019B bracket in this Maryland Lacrosse tournament. They are playing with the second Freedom Lax team, not even there top team. I just wish they pushed these teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After playing down all fall and spring, VLC is still not sure how good they are. Why test your players when yoy can go undefeated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good to know you bring up the same subject again and again. You are really making Madlax look good with your constant negative comments about other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree they are losing more players at the younger level then the past. It for sure there pricing model. Also I see a trend from the smaller newer programs, they have or give the impression that they are connected to the local high school programs and the kids get scared to leave them. Also all of these programs are run by Dads of kids cut by Madlax in the past and they spend lots of effort to bash them for their faults. Fair and unfair LOL I think it will take 2 or 3 more years but I see Madlax dropping the monthly fee the charge. I think that scares so many great players parents away when they are young. And So many of these other programs do not play where Madlax and VLC play during the summer the parents out of the loop think tournaments in Manassas and Va Beach are the good ones.

I guess all of those G Prep kids who came up through Club Blue lost out big in recruiting and college placement. Not. I guess Ryan Conrad coming up through Loonies and all the Annapolis Hawks kids playing D1 failed to get noticed too. Not. Madlax and to a lesser extent VLC have strong teams, but the clubs and families going to other tournaments are not losers or losing out. As I write there is an Adrenaline think in Philly, a big tournament in Richmond and the Denver Shootout all running and a lot of the best players from those teams aren't playing this weekend for their clubs if they are on the U.S. U19 indoor team playing in Philly this weekend. Always assume there are great players on good teams playing in tournaments you aren't at and you'll always be correct. The game is not too big and too widespread and too political for "all the best" to be together at once auditioning in front of all the important coaches. That just is not nearly the case in reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Good to know you bring up the same subject again and again. You are really making Madlax look good with your constant negative comments about other clubs. [/quote
Dont care about madlax, just pointing out facts and wonder what the excuses will be for them to continue to sandbag. Still waiting for the score of championship game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uh-oh. Redneck Madlax dad is back. I wonder if he realizes the other Madlax parents on his team are pleading with him to drop it and stop making them all look like lunatics.

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 86 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard