BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22
Re: Girls Spring 2012 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I will go on record..Sachem East beats Bay Shore today. We will show everyone how good we are.
Don't you love when the dig dad bully gets his nose bloodied

If you are going to try to be funny, can you check what you typed before you send it..... xxoo "The Big Bad Bully"

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D1 full rides.....you are so clueless.....no such thing as a full ride for an incoming freshman

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all do realize that your criticizing young girls who are merely playing because they love the game? Doesn't matter how good the school is, how bad the school is, how bad people get beat. The girls are out there everyday putting in there best effort against teams. So Sachem East lost by 9, they still put in the effort. So what Northport isn't as great this year, the girls are still out there playing their hearts out. It's actually sickening that the people on this board are talking about high school students lacrosse teams like this. Teams lose and teams win. Some teams are great some teams are okay. The girls are out there for themselves and for the love of the game. No reason to criticize them for it because they lost by a certain amount of goals to a good team or because they lost some decent players so there not as well-off.
Am I the only person here thinking this is one of the same parents that less than a week ago boasted how East and Northport are the greatest teams on L.I. Yes I agree that the girls are playing there harts out simply for the love of the game, but now you must agree that it's the parents that come on here boasting how there girl plays for this school, and will be attending this college, and plays for this club. You Must also agree that club ties, family ties , and school politics are hurting good players to advance there own agenda. All of this breeds animosity and jealousy. Now you going to say that there is nothing wrong with congratulating ones daughter and teammates , and I agree, I just think doing it on a web site seems a little braggadocios . My daughter plays and will attend a D1 college, I walked into her bedroom and congratulated her, when her friends got accepted to colleges, I congratulated them when I saw them at practice or games. Don't come here now like you above it all, your the cause of it all. Now reap what you sow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will go on record..Sachem East beats Bay Shore today. We will show everyone how good we are.
Don't you love when the dig dad bully gets his nose bloodied

If you are going to try to be funny, can you check what you typed before you send it..... xxoo "The Big Bad Bully"
Sorry I was laughing too hard.....Sore loser

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You just proved 2 things.
1 you are new to lacrosse, Everyone knows that Garden City has been a lacrosse powerhouse, in the boys game for nearly 100 years, and n the girls game for at least 30, well before there was even a dream of travel lacrosse.

2, you know nothing of Garden City (or Manhasset for that matter). Most parents came up through the G.C. system and moved back. Or , most parent coaches from G.C. played the game at a very high level , and know the game better than then some high school coaches.

Don't think so, if you knew anything at all you'd know GC Girls did'nt win a Nassau County Championship until the mid-90's. They basically took over the Carle Place model of having girls move on to play college lax and have taken it to a higher level because Carle Place is a very small district. So I think really you have proved to be an idiot.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, cant beleive you actually bit on that - It was a joke from a NON-Bay Shore follower. Just a SE hater!

Give people on here more credit for sarcasim.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You just proved 2 things.
1 you are new to lacrosse, Everyone knows that Garden City has been a lacrosse powerhouse, in the boys game for nearly 100 years, and n the girls game for at least 30, well before there was even a dream of travel lacrosse.

2, you know nothing of Garden City (or Manhasset for that matter). Most parents came up through the G.C. system and moved back. Or , most parent coaches from G.C. played the game at a very high level , and know the game better than then some high school coaches.

Don't think so, if you knew anything at all you'd know GC Girls did'nt win a Nassau County Championship until the mid-90's. They basically took over the Carle Place model of having girls move on to play college lax and have taken it to a higher level because Carle Place is a very small district. So I think really you have proved to be an idiot.
Why the name calling. Your so nasty

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have a guarantee for today??

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
2012 POWERADE FAB 50 Girls' Lacrosse Rankings: Week 5 (April 18th)
RK (LW)SCHOOL (1ST PLACE VOTES)RECPTSCOMMENT
1 (1)McDonogh School (5)
Owings Mills, MD
7-0250The Eagles extended their winning streak to 58 games with wins over FAB 50 teams, Bryn Mawr and St. Paul's. Saturday's game against No. 2 Garden City could prove to be the National Championship game for 2012.
2 (2)Garden City
Garden City, NY
5-0245Garden City improved to 5-0 with an 18-4 win over Division. A meeting with No. 1 McDonogh on Saturday will put the Trojans' 53-game winning streak on the line.
3 (4)Saint Anthony's
South Huntington, NY
5-0240Chrissy Schreiber scored four goals and added two assists in last week's 18-4 win over St. John the Baptist.
4 (5)West Genesee Senior
Camillus, NY
5-0235West Genesee scored 26 goals in two wins last week.
5 (7)Farmingdale
Farmingdale, NY
6-0229Kimberly Kolodny totaled nine points on eight goals and an assist in a 17-4 win over Penfield.
6 (3)Bryn Mawr
Baltimore, MD
8-1221Bryn Mawr only falls a few spots after its loss to No. 1 McDonogh last week.
7 (9)Garnet Valley
Glen Mills, PA
9-0220Garnet Valley improved to 9-0 with wins over Radnor, Penncrest and Avon Grove last week.
8 (6)Moorestown
Moorestown, NJ
5-0218The Quakers would appear headed for a possible state title game berth in 2012. In three games last week Moorestown outscored its opponents 50-8.
9 (13)Century
Sykesville, MD
9-0207Century outscored its two opponents 44-6 last week.
10 (11)Hauppauge
Hauppauge, NY
5-0206Taylor Ranftle scored eight goals and eight assists in two wins last week. The senior leads the team with 27 goals and 19 assists this season.
11 (16)Ridgewood
Ridgewood, NJ
7-0199Kelci Smesko scored five goals and Kaitlin Concilio scored four to lead Ridgewood to a 14-8 victory over former No. 15 Mendham last week.
12 (14)Marriotts Ridge
Marriottsville, MD
7-0198Marriotts Ridge posted an impressive 9-3 win over Carroll County power Winters Mill last week.
13 (19)Sacred Heart Academy
Hempstead, NY
6-0192Aileen Carey scored four goals and Meghan Breen scored three goals to lead Sacred Heart to a 15-14 overtime victory over former No. 10 Vero Beach (Fla.).
14 (41)Great Valley
Malvern, PA
7-0177Great Valley improved its record to 7-0 with three wins last week and benefits from Radnor's win over Notre Dame Prep to move up 27 spots this week.
15 (NR)Victor Central
Victor, NY
6-0171Victor's win over former No. 24 Milton (Ga.) last week moves it into the FAB 50 for the first time this season.
16 (28)Harriton
Rosemont, PA
9-0168Harriton improves to 9-0 after outscoring its opponents 56-17 last week.
17 (22)Niskayuna
Niskayuna, NY
5-0168Wins over Burnt Hills-Ballston and Colonie last week helped improve Niskayuna's record to 5-0 this season.
18 (46)Chatham
Chatham, NJ
5-2167Led by Jaclyn Leto's 15 goals last week, Chatham downed two FAB 50 teams and moves up an outstanding 28 spots this week.
19 (23)Severna Park
Severna Park, MD
7-0159Severna Park improved to 7-0 last week, but will get a test when it faces No. 28 Broadneck on Friday.
20 (18)St. Stephen's & St. Agnes School
Alexandria, VA
9-2154The Saints have gotten back on track with five wins last week, including a win over former No. 38 Good Counsel.
21 (30)Bay Shore
Bay Shore, NY
6-0145Bay Shore has quietly moved up the rankings this season and appears in the Top 25 for the first time.
22 (NR)Radnor
Radnor, PA
5-2142Radnor's win over Notre Dame Prep (Md.) vaults it into the rankings this week. The only losses for Radnor this season are to Great Valley and Garnet Valley.
23 (10)Vero Beach Senior
Vero Beach, FL
14-2140Vero Beach's loss to No. 13 Sacred Heart drops them a few spots this week. The playoffs start in Florida with the District tournaments, giving Vero Beach a chance to win its seventh-straight state championship.
24 (21)Notre Dame Prep
Baltimore, MD
7-3133The Blazers had a mixed week after dropping two games to out-of-state teams, but defeating No. 25 Georgetown Visitation.
25 (8)Georgetown Visitation
Washington, DC
10-1127Georgetown Visitation dropped its first game of the year, a double overtime loss to No. 24 Notre Dame Prep.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Long Island Athletic Directors need to get together and teach some of these lacrosse coaches the meaning of class and sportsmanship. I am seeing too many coaches interested in padding the stats of their "super stars."

Some of these coaches are letting their "stars" continue to score and put up numbers when the game is out of reach.

One time in college one of our teammates scored his 3rd goal of the game against a really bad team to make the final score 18-3. Our team (along with the coaches) gave him a ton of crap for scoring an unnecessary goal. When are some of these coaches going to wake up? Thoughts?

Teach your kids the right thing - build character, build leaders.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some one please clear up the 10 point rule (does the clock continue when the differential is over 10)and once you are beating a team by 13 you match them goal for goal.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thursday, April 19th Results

West Hempstead over Elmont, 13-10
Malverne/East Rockaway over Hempstead, 17-7
Miller Place over Westhampton, 17-14
Seaford over Carle Place, 16-9
Locust Valley over Clarke, 19-15
East Hampton over Islip, 17-7
Sayville over Eastport/South Manor, 12-10
Babylon over Comsewogue, 18-10
North Shore doubles Island Trees, 20-10
Cold Spring Harbor over Wheatley, 15-1 (Halftime : 11-0)
Glenn over Bellport, 18-7
Hauppauge over Shoreham-Wading River, 8-6
Freeport over Valley Stream District, 18-7
Bayport-Blue Point over Harborfields, 6-5
Kings Park over Huntington, 10-8
Mount Sinai over Rocky Point, 9-8
Garden City over South Side, 18-3

Highlights

Shayna Pirreca scored one of her three goals on a free-position with 4:01 left to give Mt. Sinai (6-2) a 9-7 lead and the Mustangs held on in Division II.

Connie Nielsen had three goals and an assist for Sayville (6-1) in Division II.

Stephanie Peragallo had six draw controls and five caused turnovers and Kasey Kephart had nine saves to lead Hauppauge (8-0) in Division II. Taylor Ranftle had three goals and three assists.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all do realize that your criticizing young girls who are merely playing because they love the game? Doesn't matter how good the school is, how bad the school is, how bad people get beat. The girls are out there everyday putting in there best effort against teams. So Sachem East lost by 9, they still put in the effort. So what Northport isn't as great this year, the girls are still out there playing their hearts out. It's actually sickening that the people on this board are talking about high school students lacrosse teams like this. Teams lose and teams win. Some teams are great some teams are okay. The girls are out there for themselves and for the love of the game. No reason to criticize them for it because they lost by a certain amount of goals to a good team or because they lost some decent players so there not as well-off.
Am I the only person here thinking this is one of the same parents that less than a week ago boasted how East and Northport are the greatest teams on L.I. Yes I agree that the girls are playing there harts out simply for the love of the game, but now you must agree that it's the parents that come on here boasting how there girl plays for this school, and will be attending this college, and plays for this club. You Must also agree that club ties, family ties , and school politics are hurting good players to advance there own agenda. All of this breeds animosity and jealousy. Now you going to say that there is nothing wrong with congratulating ones daughter and teammates , and I agree, I just think doing it on a web site seems a little braggadocios . My daughter plays and will attend a D1 college, I walked into her bedroom and congratulated her, when her friends got accepted to colleges, I congratulated them when I saw them at practice or games. Don't come here now like you above it all, your the cause of it all. Now reap what you sow

I'm the cause of it all? I want to clarify something for you since you think I'm some loud mouth parent who's stirring the pot on this website. I'm a senior high school student who went on here and read how ludicrous all of the people on this thread are acting. This thread was made so that people can be informed of the statistics of the 2012 lacrosse season. Not to bash teams, bash players, and criticize everything and anything about the game that the kids are playing. It seems like a lot of these parents, including you, are still caught up in your high school years of drama and gossip. My original post had nothing to do with congratulating people or anything, it had to do with the immaturity of the people posting on this thread. Your all bashing a bunch of 15-18 year olds when there just doing what they love, including me. Isn't it your jobs to teach us not to gossip, or bash people for what they do or where they come from? Maybe it's just me, but that's how I was raised and this thread is a poor example of how people are supposed to treat each other, especially when it's a bunch of grown-ups picking apart anything and everything about a bunch of teenagers. Oh and by the way, I go to East, and we may not be the best team in Suffolk or as great as Ward Melville or Bayshore. But we go out there with our heads up and try out best. Like any good athlete would do, just like Bayshore and all of the top ranked schools. Whether were at the top or not. So thanks for all of the criticism about us parents, it just pushes us to work harder everyday at practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some one please clear up the 10 point rule (does the clock continue when the differential is over 10)and once you are beating a team by 13 you match them goal for goal.

By U.S. Lacrosse rules , After a team exceeds a 10 point differential the clock continues to run after goals, or balls out of bounds. There is no rule that states after 13 goals your supposed to match goal for goal, that is up to each coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm the cause of it all? I want to clarify something for you since you think I'm some loud mouth parent who's stirring the pot on this website. I'm a senior high school student who went on here and read how ludicrous all of the people on this thread are acting. This thread was made so that people can be informed of the statistics of the 2012 lacrosse season. Not to bash teams, bash players, and criticize everything and anything about the game that the kids are playing. It seems like a lot of these parents, including you, are still caught up in your high school years of drama and gossip. My original post had nothing to do with congratulating people or anything, it had to do with the immaturity of the people posting on this thread. Your all bashing a bunch of 15-18 year olds when there just doing what they love, including me. Isn't it your jobs to teach us not to gossip, or bash people for what they do or where they come from? Maybe it's just me, but that's how I was raised and this thread is a poor example of how people are supposed to treat each other, especially when it's a bunch of grown-ups picking apart anything and everything about a bunch of teenagers. Oh and by the way, I go to East, and we may not be the best team in Suffolk or as great as Ward Melville or Bayshore. But we go out there with our heads up and try out best. Like any good athlete would do, just like Bayshore and all of the top ranked schools. Whether were at the top or not. So thanks for all of the criticism about us parents, it just pushes us to work harder everyday at practice.
If you are a S.E. player, and you read the posts, than you know no one has said anything about how hard you try, as a matter of fact , I am a parent of a S.E. player so I know how hard you girls try. With that said as A senior player for S.E. you above all els know how unfair and one sided that S.E. girls lax has become. I understand why you feel defensive, and admire how you have come on here to defend your team, but there are 2 things that hold true and you seem to overlook. 1 - it was one of our own that came on this site shooting off and boasting. 2- you know as well as I, the program is driven for the benefit of a few , mot everyone everyone equally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said young lady! You ladies keep working hard and enjoying your season. You are doing great. You will learn in life you come across bullies in many different scenarios. You would hope High School sports would not be one of them. Learn from it, but don't ever let it get to you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank god the kids are smarter than the crazy parents are. BOTC should be embarrassed to let these people come on and annonymously bash kids- it has gone too far when you let them identify kids - we all know who the kids are even if they are not mentioned by name. To the teen that wrote the above post kudos to you- you have a good head on your shoulders. Most of us let our kids play for the town we live in so the kids have no choice and make the best of it. Btw I am not from SE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Long Island Athletic Directors need to get together and teach some of these lacrosse coaches the meaning of class and sportsmanship. I am seeing too many coaches interested in padding the stats of their "super stars."

Some of these coaches are letting their "stars" continue to score and put up numbers when the game is out of reach.

One time in college one of our teammates scored his 3rd goal of the game against a really bad team to make the final score 18-3. Our team (along with the coaches) gave him a ton of crap for scoring an unnecessary goal. When are some of these coaches going to wake up? Thoughts?

Teach your kids the right thing - build character, build leaders.

Good to see a team doing something to keep the scoring in check. Hope you gave crap to the players who scored the last 6 or 7 goals in that game as they were all about the same situation as the guy you all targeted.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thank god the kids are smarter than the crazy parents are. BOTC should be embarrassed to let these people come on and annonymously bash kids- it has gone too far when you let them identify kids - we all know who the kids are even if they are not mentioned by name. To the teen that wrote the above post kudos to you- you have a good head on your shoulders. Most of us let our kids play for the town we live in so the kids have no choice and make the best of it. Btw I am not from SE.
BOTC is hosting a discussion, not creating the content to which you take offense. By all means, register with us and enjoy the advantages including easier posting processes and other benefits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Thursday, April 19th Results

West Hempstead over Elmont, 13-10
Malverne/East Rockaway over Hempstead, 17-7
Miller Place over Westhampton, 17-14
Seaford over Carle Place, 16-9
Locust Valley over Clarke, 19-15
East Hampton over Islip, 17-7
Sayville over Eastport/South Manor, 12-10
Babylon over Comsewogue, 18-10
North Shore doubles Island Trees, 20-10
Cold Spring Harbor over Wheatley, 15-1 (Halftime : 11-0)
Glenn over Bellport, 18-7
Hauppauge over Shoreham-Wading River, 8-6
Freeport over Valley Stream District, 18-7
Bayport-Blue Point over Harborfields, 6-5
Kings Park over Huntington, 10-8
Mount Sinai over Rocky Point, 9-8
Garden City over South Side, 18-3

Highlights

Shayna Pirreca scored one of her three goals on a free-position with 4:01 left to give Mt. Sinai (6-2) a 9-7 lead and the Mustangs held on in Division II.

Connie Nielsen had three goals and an assist for Sayville (6-1) in Division II.

Stephanie Peragallo had six draw controls and five caused turnovers and Kasey Kephart had nine saves to lead Hauppauge (8-0) in Division II. Taylor Ranftle had three goals and three assists.
the upset of the day was haborfield! what happen?That's a big win for Bayport. Bayort has won their last 3 out of 4 games. Is their new life in this program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank god the kids are smarter than the crazy parents are. BOTC should be embarrassed to let these people come on and annonymously bash kids- it has gone too far when you let them identify kids - we all know who the kids are even if they are not mentioned by name. To the teen that wrote the above post kudos to you- you have a good head on your shoulders. Most of us let our kids play for the town we live in so the kids have no choice and make the best of it. Btw I am not from SE

How do you know it is a teen? It is an anonymous poster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank god the kids are smarter than the crazy parents are. BOTC should be embarrassed to let these people come on and annonymously bash kids- it has gone too far when you let them identify kids - we all know who the kids are even if they are not mentioned by name. To the teen that wrote the above post kudos to you- you have a good head on your shoulders. Most of us let our kids play for the town we live in so the kids have no choice and make the best of it. Btw I am not from SE.
BOTC is hosting a discussion, not creating the content to which you take offense. By all means, register with us and enjoy the advantages including easier posting processes and other benefits.

Are you kidding BOTC? You are supposed to moderate the posts and have continuously allowed posts identifying specific kids and allowed the damaging comments to be posted. But then again I am sure you think it makes for good drama and will draw people to your site, typical thought process for a media outlet I guess. Dont sit back and play dumb and say its not your responsibility as moderator to filter damaging posts aimed at teenage girls. You are responsible. Lets see if this makes it to the thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are a S.E. player, and you read the posts, than you know no one has said anything about how hard you try, as a matter of fact , I am a parent of a S.E. player so I know how hard you girls try. With that said as A senior player for S.E. you above all els know how unfair and one sided that S.E. girls lax has become. I understand why you feel defensive, and admire how you have come on here to defend your team, but there are 2 things that hold true and you seem to overlook. 1 - it was one of our own that came on this site shooting off and boasting. 2- you know as well as I, the program is driven for the benefit of a few , mot everyone everyone equally.

I understand it was one of our own who came on here and began boasting about us, the post that I wrote went to everyone who has posted on this wall even if they are from Sachem as well. As for the team, yes some girls have gotten pulled up at a young age, but from playing with them they both deserved it. Yes there mother is a principal at a middle school and there father is friendly with some higher up people, but whether that helped them get on the team or not, they prove everyday during every game that they can play at this level besides there parents connections. They both have helped out our team a lot. As for the benefiting only a few people, I can't agree with that. We have a solid starting line-up and every girl who is starting and playing deserves the spot that they are in. The coaches are doing a great job with helping every player excel during practice to try and help them get the spot that they want. So no, I can't agree that our team is only being used to benefit a few people. Everyone has a fair shot at scoring and playing. The girls on the field deserve to be on the field. This is the last thing that I'm going to be posting though, because this isn't what this thread was made for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's clearly stated when the person wrote it.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
... it has gone too far when you let them identify kids - we all know who the kids are even if they are not mentioned by name.
BOTC is hosting a discussion, not creating the content to which you take offense. ...
Are you kidding BOTC? You are supposed to moderate the posts and have continuously allowed posts identifying specific kids and allowed the damaging comments to be posted.
Cloaked comments referring to players are the hardest to screen simply because you assume that our moderators have knowledge of each and every High School team down to the last player. As for damaging posts, you are completely wrong since you actually do not get to see what is removed.

But then again I am sure you think it makes for good drama and will draw people to your site, typical thought process for a media outlet I guess.
If we were only interested in selling newspapers, there are significantly more offensive backroom stories in youth sports than worrying about "player X" on "team Y" having a bad day on the field.

Dont sit back and play dumb and say its not your responsibility as moderator to filter damaging posts aimed at teenage girls. You are responsible. Lets see if this makes it to the thread.
Reread what we wrote. We are not producing the CONTENT.

Thanks for your thoughts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
... it has gone too far when you let them identify kids - we all know who the kids are even if they are not mentioned by name.
BOTC is hosting a discussion, not creating the content to which you take offense. ...
Are you kidding BOTC? You are supposed to moderate the posts and have continuously allowed posts identifying specific kids and allowed the damaging comments to be posted.
Cloaked comments referring to players are the hardest to screen simply because you assume that our moderators have knowledge of each and every High School team down to the last player. As for damaging posts, you are completely wrong since you actually do not get to see what is removed.

But then again I am sure you think it makes for good drama and will draw people to your site, typical thought process for a media outlet I guess.
If we were only interested in selling newspapers, there are significantly more offensive backroom stories in youth sports than worrying about "player X" on "team Y" having a bad day on the field.

Dont sit back and play dumb and say its not your responsibility as moderator to filter damaging posts aimed at teenage girls. You are responsible. Lets see if this makes it to the thread.

You are not producing the content but there is an obligation to moderate it isn't there? In this age of social media we have seen teens and pre teens become the victims when they are targeted with devastating consequences. This thread is an example of how some people single out these kids with some pretty damaging comments. I am confident it could be classified as "bullying", RE: Rutgers. The consequences could be equally devastating. If BOTC acting as the moderator is not responsible for filtering these comments who is? Who is there to protect these young girls when parents (or anyone for that matter)decide to post their "opinions" no matter how hurtful?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

That's sarcasm, right? Because I could come on here claiming to be Keith Hernandez but if I'm posting anonymously then who's to know? I, for one, have a hard time believing it's a HS'r posting considering she should be in class right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We don't need to go back and forth on the moral responsibility here. As an adult I will simply choose to "change the station". I understand your position. I only hope some of the young kids are not hurt by the noxious comments they may be too immature to process. Peace.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

That's sarcasm, right? Because I could come on here claiming to be Keith Hernandez but if I'm posting anonymously then who's to know? I, for one, have a hard time believing it's a HS'r posting considering she should be in class right now.

"You clearly didn't read the post...it said "anyone for that matter".

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

BOTC removed previous posts in this thread based on information shared in a subsequent unpublished post from the same "high school person" - the details contained in that note were sufficient for us to believe the postings to have been authentic to this point. However, we will end this part of the discussion in its entirety as a result.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
the upset of the day was haborfield! what happen?That's a big win for Bayport. Bayort has won their last 3 out of 4 games. Is their new life in this program?
Whether new life, a hot hand, or a team pulling together, the Bayport-Blue Point run is certainly happening at the right time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand it was one of our own who came on here and began boasting about us, the post that I wrote went to everyone who has posted on this wall even if they are from Sachem as well. As for the team, yes some girls have gotten pulled up at a young age, but from playing with them they both deserved it. Yes there mother is a principal at a middle school and there father is friendly with some higher up people, but whether that helped them get on the team or not, they prove everyday during every game that they can play at this level besides there parents connections. They both have helped out our team a lot. As for the benefiting only a few people, I can't agree with that. We have a solid starting line-up and every girl who is starting and playing deserves the spot that they are in. The coaches are doing a great job with helping every player excel during practice to try and help them get the spot that they want. So no, I can't agree that our team is only being used to benefit a few people. Everyone has a fair shot at scoring and playing. The girls on the field deserve to be on the field. This is the last thing that I'm going to be posting though, because this isn't what this thread was made for.
You are quite a well spoken young lady, and I wish you the best of luck. I know and respect your decision to not reply, but what you fail to understand is that there are things that happened , and continue to happen in the "Back Office" that you do not know about , nor should you know about. Quite frankly it is between parents and the school district, and does not concern you. But that does not mean that there are not real issues with the way S.E. is conducting business with tax payer dollars. In my opinion , this is part of the reason web sites like this exist. Not only to report the good things , but to expose the bad. I , and other parents , have tried to talk with the district, but they refuse to take any meaningful action to our request. They continue to sweep it under the rug , and dismiss our claims.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who hired the coach at Sachem East? When was she hired? Why was she hired? ask yourselves. why???? Who would benefit from this coach being hired? What connections does this coach have with Sachem East?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What exactly are the benefits of registering as a user? No one uses their real name so you don't know who they are anyway. If you are the moderator of a thread your moral responsibility is to keep it in check. If <<removed>> I am sure this discussion would be different. Many posts are never even put through. Take some responsibility and truly moderate. Readers should also be aware that this is a business venture as well.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Removed Player Reference
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
What exactly are the benefits of registering as a user?
Register and you will see.

No one uses their real name so you don't know who they are anyway.
What you see as a user handle on the BOTC Message Board might not tell most readers who the actual person might be, but it establishes identity within threads as to owners of statements. Further, the registration process provides additional information to us here at BOTC. We can use that information to clarify posted positions if needed. The Board Rules discuss this in some detail.

If you are the moderator of a thread your moral responsibility is to keep it in check.
Please save the lecture on the moral responsibilities associated with operating BOTC as the team does outstanding work on that front.

If the <<players in question>> was your daughter I am sure this discussion would be different. Many posts are never even put through. Take some responsibility and truly moderate. Readers should also be aware that this is a business venture as well.
See, here's the point. We have removed everything we could find on the Message Board with this subject, the <<players in question>>.

However, that was not good enough - you raised the issue again with the player reference. We have changed your post to remove the player(s) in question.

You state that many posts are "never put through" like you are part of the operations team at BOTC. Simply put, you are out of your league on this entire topic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What you see as a user handle on the BOTC Message Board might not tell most readers who the actual person might be, but it establishes identity within threads as to owners of statements. Further, the registration process provides additional information to us here at BOTC. We can use that information to clarify posted positions if needed. The Board Rules discuss this in some detail.

If you are the moderator of a thread your moral responsibility is to keep it in check.
Please save the lecture on the moral responsibilities associated with operating BOTC as the team does outstanding work on that front.

If the <<players in question>> was your daughter I am sure this discussion would be different. Many posts are never even put through. Take some responsibility and truly moderate. Readers should also be aware that this is a business venture as well.
See, here's the point. We have removed everything we could find on the Message Board with this subject, the <<players in question>>.

However, that was not good enough - you raised the issue again with the player reference. We have changed your post to remove the player(s) in question.

You state that many posts are "never put through" like you are part of the operations team at BOTC. Simply put, you are out of your league on this entire topic.

I raised the initial issues before concerning the players info and moderating the site etc...I am satisfied with your (BOTC) response and will move on as requested. The most recent poster seems to be coming in at the end of this issue. I agree BOTC and lets move on.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Friday, April 20th Results

Massapequa over Wantagh, 16-15, Overtime
Northport over Half Hollow Hills, 19-12
ESM over Bayport-Blue Point, 13-4
West Babylon over West Islip, 17-14
Pat-Med overtimes North Babylon, 16-15
New Hyde Park over Bethpage, 16-6
Longwood over Copiague, 19-2 (Halftime : 12-1)
Carey over Jericho, 9-8
Mepham over Bellmore JFK, 19-10
Sewanhaka over Great Neck North, 14-10
Great Neck South over Glen Cove, 9-8
Smithtown East over Connetquot, 17-6
Oceanside over Herricks by a touchdown, 14-7
Sacred Heart over Holy Trinity, 25-11
East Islip doubles Floyd, 10-5
Hickville edges Division, 10-9
Floral Park doubles Roslyn, 12-6
Smithtown West over Lindenhurst, 10-8

Highlights

Danielle Dougherty scored with :20 left in in the first overtime to lead Massapequa (5-0) in Conference I-A.

Samantha Apuzzo had six goals and Christina Esposito had three goals and three assists to lead West Babylon (6-1) in Division I.

Dene' DiMartino had four goals and five draw controls to lead Eastport-South Manor (6-2) in Division II.

Down 13-12 with five seconds left in regulation, Brittany Rosino of North Babylon scored the tying goal to send the game into overtime. In the first overtime North Babylon went up by two goals and then Erika Flowers and Sabrina Prestano each scored for Patchogue-Medford. With the clock down to :02 in the second overtime, Ally Culhane scored the winning goal on a free position shot to lead Patchogue-Medford (4-4) in Division I.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are

the moderator of a thread your moral responsibility is to keep it in check.

I raised the initial issues before concerning the players info and moderating the site etc...I am satisfied with your (BOTC) response and will move on as requested. The most recent poster seems to be coming in at the end of this issue. I agree BOTC and lets move on.

Ok LM nothing was moderated until people complained- now we can move on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you forgot a pretty significant result from your list- Ward Melville over Bay Shore 10-8...this now leaves Ward Melville as the only undefeated team in Div 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friday, April 20th Results

Massapequa over Wantagh, 16-15, Overtime
Northport over Half Hollow Hills, 19-12
ESM over Bayport-Blue Point, 13-4
West Babylon over West Islip, 17-14
Pat-Med overtimes North Babylon, 16-15
New Hyde Park over Bethpage, 16-6
Longwood over Copiague, 19-2 (Halftime : 12-1)
Carey over Jericho, 9-8
Mepham over Bellmore JFK, 19-10
Sewanhaka over Great Neck North, 14-10
Great Neck South over Glen Cove, 9-8
Smithtown East over Connetquot, 17-6
Oceanside over Herricks by a touchdown, 14-7
Sacred Heart over Holy Trinity, 25-11
East Islip doubles Floyd, 10-5
Hickville edges Division, 10-9
Floral Park doubles Roslyn, 12-6
Smithtown West over Lindenhurst, 10-8

Highlights

Danielle Dougherty scored with :20 left in in the first overtime to lead Massapequa (5-0) in Conference I-A.

Samantha Apuzzo had six goals and Christina Esposito had three goals and three assists to lead West Babylon (6-1) in Division I.

Dene' DiMartino had four goals and five draw controls to lead Eastport-South Manor (6-2) in Division II.

Down 13-12 with five seconds left in regulation, Brittany Rosino of North Babylon scored the tying goal to send the game into overtime. In the first overtime North Babylon went up by two goals and then Erika Flowers and Sabrina Prestano each scored for Patchogue-Medford. With the clock down to :02 in the second overtime, Ally Culhane scored the winning goal on a free position shot to lead Patchogue-Medford (4-4) in Division I.
Bay Shore game??

Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard