BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Re: Girls 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whomever you are, Your daughter was NOT moved to any roster because of crossfire!!!! The YJ girls who play for crossfire have been playing for crossfire for 2 years and NOBODY was added or removed from any team!!! So take your BS elsewhere!!

Not trying to offend you, but the first roster for that weekend posted on the website was subsequently changed and a small number of players were put with 2020's for that weekend.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Need some advice for my 2021 daughter on the North Shore of Central Suffolk. She is not really happy with her playing time on the B team Yellow Jackets, and is not able to get the ball from her "clicky" and far less talented PAL teammates. Is there some kind of middle ground team/ league where she can just play competitive games this summer, get in the game, get the ball, get better,and have FUN?? Thank you!!!

Good luck with all the nut jobs on that team. No one passed to my daughter the entire year on that team, but she had the last laugh because all those ball hogs stayed down or went to third team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whomever you are, Your daughter was NOT moved to any roster because of crossfire!!!! The YJ girls who play for crossfire have been playing for crossfire for 2 years and NOBODY was added or removed from any team!!! So take your BS elsewhere!!

Not trying to offend you, but the first roster for that weekend posted on the website was subsequently changed and a small number of players were put with 2020's for that weekend.

They were b team players anyway. So what if they got moved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is just nasty and obnoxious. And yes some of the "Crossfire/YJ" girls were originally rostered to play with a YJ only team and then moved to Crossfire...and to say a child is "only B" is just one reason Blue has such a bad rep.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is just nasty and obnoxious. And yes some of the "Crossfire/YJ" girls were originally rostered to play with a YJ only team and then moved to Crossfire...and to say a child is "only B" is just one reason Blue has such a bad rep.

You gotta learn not to bite. There is obviously some pot stirring going on. No one from crossfire has that lesser team attitude, in fact most of the girls are from 2nd and 3rd teams and/or no team or club affiliation. And to anyone who feels left out, here is some advice, find a tournament, invite some girls, pick a team name, go play and have fun. Just don't use the name cross fire, that's been done.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You gotta learn not to bite. There is obviously some pot stirring going on. No one from crossfire has that lesser team attitude, in fact most of the girls are from 2nd and 3rd teams and/or no team or club affiliation. And to anyone who feels left out, here is some advice, find a tournament, invite some girls, pick a team name, go play and have fun. Just don't use the name cross fire, that's been done.
Some girls might have been moved to a 2020 team but that had nothing to do with the crossfire team at all! Every girl on crossfire that are YJ girls were signed up for that tournament way before it was offered to the YJ program. It was only listed on YJ site because of the registering issue with USA lacrosse numbers. So any girls being moved to 2020 was going to happen anyway as the YJ girls never intended to play with YJ in that particular event. Whomever wrote that those girls were B players was not me and trying to stir up crap! I was original poster about Crossfire and any subsequent posts will not be from me! TN

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares? I mean it's not like any of the crossfire teams can win anything anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares? I mean it's not like any of the crossfire teams can win anything anyway.

You're obviously stirring the pot or have no clue. There is only one Crossfire team and they've played very well over the past two year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some girls might have been moved to a 2020 team but that had nothing to do with the crossfire team at all! Every girl on crossfire that are YJ girls were signed up for that tournament way before it was offered to the YJ program. It was only listed on YJ site because of the registering issue with USA lacrosse numbers. So any girls being moved to 2020 was going to happen anyway as the YJ girls never intended to play with YJ in that particular event. Whomever wrote that those girls were B players was not me and trying to stir up crap! I was original poster about Crossfire and any subsequent posts will not be from me! TN

What was the US lacrosse# issue you keep writing about? When you register a team you either input all the numbers or parents do it for the kids. Why would you need YJ to roster the team? Does not make sense. Why would CR jeopardize herself and potential lawsuit if one of those "non YJ" kids got hurt? Sounds fishy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're obviously stirring the pot or have no clue. There is only one Crossfire team and they've played very well over the past two year.

Ok, I'll bite. Who has Crossfire beaten in the last 2 years?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are a good team, anchored by several YJ blue and a few TG Black (one of which joined YJ this year). Very good team, I think someone posted that some of the players were rec players, if they have any rec players who don't play travel I would be shocked. Some girls are from the YJ 2nd team as well. Very good collection of talent, who is probably better than YJ Blue (though there is no way of telling as some of their best talent is from Yj blue).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are a good team, anchored by several YJ blue and a few TG Black (one of which joined YJ this year). Very good team, I think someone posted that some of the players were rec players, if they have any rec players who don't play travel I would be shocked. Some girls are from the YJ 2nd team as well. Very good collection of talent, who is probably better than YJ Blue (though there is no way of telling as some of their best talent is from Yj blue).

On that note, we should consider re-naming the team to Cross-Eyed or Friendly Fire... Sorry, could not resist and just trying to lighten the mode. I suggest we move on and get YJ Blue focused on a last weekend in May trip to Maryland!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You just lost any sense of credibility with your " probably better " comment stick to beating up on town teams. It also would be more accurate to say " all of their talent is from YJ blue". If you didn't have those kids you would be just like the rest of the teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is too funny !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On that note, we should consider re-naming the team to Cross-Eyed or Friendly Fire... Sorry, could not resist and just trying to lighten the mode. I suggest we move on and get YJ Blue focused on a last weekend in May trip to Maryland!!!

Great Idea !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is too funny !

As bad as the 2021 TG team was last year, I doubt they had a lot to offer. I find it hard to believe that a team made of some YJ Blue and YJ second team and some other TG, Elevate or any of the other horrible 2021 teams could be close to the YJ Blue team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is too funny !

As bad as the 2021 TG team was last year, I doubt they had a lot to offer. I find it hard to believe that a team made of some YJ Blue and YJ second team and some other TG, Elevate or any of the other horrible 2021 teams could be close to the YJ Blue team.

Don't kid yourself,after the top 6 or 7 players the Blue team is just like the rest of our teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will give you that 5-6 top players from the team below could replace the bottom 5-6 from the team above. It would merely be an exchange not really affecting strength of team. This is true if all teams, age groups, clubs and sports. Your numbers are wishfull thinking, but that's a small percent of people who would believe that, most people have a realistic grasp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As bad as the 2021 TG team was last year, I doubt they had a lot to offer. I find it hard to believe that a team made of some YJ Blue and YJ second team and some other TG, Elevate or any of the other horrible 2021 teams could be close to the YJ Blue team. [/quote]

Don't kid yourself,after the top 6 or 7 players the Blue team is just like the rest of our teams.[/quote]

It's odd that there really does seem to be a lack of talent at the 2021 age. M&D 2021 has run roughshod over every team at this age in MD, and really did not find much competition over the summer/fall tournament season from teams outside of MD. Maybe there are just so many teams now that the talent is spread out. As the years go on I would assume they will migrate to the typical powers. For instance, Skywalkers 2021 is one of the worst teams I have seen at this age. I assume this will change. I know in MD there are good players at TLC, Hero's, Redshirts, MD United, Integrity, etc. There just aren't enough of them on one of those teams at this point to compete regularly with M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't kid yourself,after the top 6 or 7 players the Blue team is just like the rest of our teams.[/quote]

It's odd that there really does seem to be a lack of talent at the 2021 age. M&D 2021 has run roughshod over every team at this age in MD, and really did not find much competition over the summer/fall tournament season from teams outside of MD. Maybe there are just so many teams now that the talent is spread out. As the years go on I would assume they will migrate to the typical powers. For instance, Skywalkers 2021 is one of the worst teams I have seen at this age. I assume this will change. I know in MD there are good players at TLC, Hero's, Redshirts, MD United, Integrity, etc. There just aren't enough of them on one of those teams at this point to compete regularly with M&D. [/quote]

MD beat YJ 5-3 last summer. It was the only loss in age group for YJ. Hardly a blowout and a game just as easy going the other way. Agree about skywalkers, stunned how team was, but this year is new, they could be the strongest team this summer for all we know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't kid yourself,after the top 6 or 7 players the Blue team is just like the rest of our teams.

It's odd that there really does seem to be a lack of talent at the 2021 age. M&D 2021 has run roughshod over every team at this age in MD, and really did not find much competition over the summer/fall tournament season from teams outside of MD. Maybe there are just so many teams now that the talent is spread out. As the years go on I would assume they will migrate to the typical powers. For instance, Skywalkers 2021 is one of the worst teams I have seen at this age. I assume this will change. I know in MD there are good players at TLC, Hero's, Redshirts, MD United, Integrity, etc. There just aren't enough of them on one of those teams at this point to compete regularly with M&D. [/quote]

MD beat YJ 5-3 last summer. It was the only loss in age group for YJ. Hardly a blowout and a game just as easy going the other way. Agree about skywalkers, stunned how team was, but this year is new, they could be the strongest team this summer for all we know. [/quote]

YJ scored on 3 free positions. M&D controlled the game.
Skywalkers 2021 is worst team in MD spring league. 0-4 and hasn't been within 10 goals in any game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's odd that there really does seem to be a lack of talent at the 2021 age. M&D 2021 has run roughshod over every team at this age in MD, and really did not find much competition over the summer/fall tournament season from teams outside of MD. Maybe there are just so many teams now that the talent is spread out. As the years go on I would assume they will migrate to the typical powers. For instance, Skywalkers 2021 is one of the worst teams I have seen at this age. I assume this will change. I know in MD there are good players at TLC, Hero's, Redshirts, MD United, Integrity, etc. There just aren't enough of them on one of those teams at this point to compete regularly with M&D.

MD beat YJ 5-3 last summer. It was the only loss in age group for YJ. Hardly a blowout and a game just as easy going the other way. Agree about skywalkers, stunned how team was, but this year is new, they could be the strongest team this summer for all we know. [/quote]

YJ scored on 3 free positions. M&D controlled the game.
Skywalkers 2021 is worst team in MD spring league. 0-4 and hasn't been within 10 goals in any game. [/quote]

M+D chest beater, these girls are 10, 11 and 12. It is way too early to crown yourselves queen in Maryland, let alone on the east coast. Keep bragging. It is good for these girls to have a rabbit to chase.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just trying to put my finger on this, the 2021 LI lady rebels is basically the TG 2021 black team, correct?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Put the W in the book

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Put the W in the book

What W would that be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure it's the YJ 2021 blue team win over the Redshirts today 15-5
Crossfire tied them 9-9 yesterday. But found out today the Redshirts used the 3 best players from their 2020 team against Crossfire, with one of those 3 scoring 6 times, so not bad for a thrown together team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That Redshirts team is a mess. Don't get too excited about a win over a middle of the road MD team. Redshirts has one girl that you have to defend. The 2020 team is 0-6 this spring so not sure how much help those girls were.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were some good games played this weekend. Thanks to the red shirt club for coming up to LI to get some good and competitive lax games in. The spring Suffolk league is getting hard to stomach, this was a much needed shot in the arm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That Redshirts team is a mess. Don't get too excited about a win over a middle of the road MD team. Redshirts has one girl that you have to defend. The 2020 team is 0-6 this spring so not sure how much help those girls were.

So long as MD black doesn't get too excited squeaking past 2021 redshirts 12-8 two weeks ago. The red shirt team is right there with every other top Maryland club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So long as MD black doesn't get too excited squeaking past 2021 redshirts 12-8 two weeks ago. The red shirt team is right there with every other top Maryland club.

Score was not indicative of how the game went. That same redshirts team lost 13-4 to TLC who M&D just beat 15-9.

Last I checked, 12-8 isn't exactly squeaking by any way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crossfire tied them 9-9 yesterday. But found out today the Redshirts used the 3 best players from their 2020 team against Crossfire, with one of those 3 scoring 6 times, so not bad for a thrown together team.

I knew there had to be a reason that Crossfire didn't dominate. Now it all makes sense. Thanks !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no way the 2021 Redshirt team is right there with any of the top clubs in MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For a fake travel team you guys sure seem to get involved in a lot of controversy. Maybe they had some 2020 kids maybe they didn't , it was a scrimmage who cares enough about it to accuse a team of cheating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't be jealous that your daughter was asked to play for Cross Fire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't be jealous that your daughter was asked to play for Cross Fire.

Why would they be jealous that their kid was asked to play for crossfire? Doesn't make sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For a fake travel team you guys sure seem to get involved in a lot of controversy. Maybe they had some 2020 kids maybe they didn't , it was a scrimmage who cares enough about it to accuse a team of cheating.
Nobody said they were cheating!! They definitely did have 2020 girls playing on the 2021 team because the coach told us he did and we were ok with it! just pointing out that we competed against a true travel team with a throw together team. You must be a pleasure to live with! Get your own daughter up to speed and maybe she to can play for a real team one day, Loser!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're being honest about the crossfire game you should also mention that the red extended the game long enough for crossfire to tie it. I believe they played an extra 5 minutes or so. Redshirts were up by 3 or 4 at the actual end of the game. Funny how that got left out of the recap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's funny how every year all of the 5th & 6th grade parents come on here pounding their chest about meaningless games. In a couple of years you all will see that your teams win loss record means nothing to college coaches. If your program is strong and has a history of putting quality teams on the field coaches will come. I know of many "B" team players that are D1 committed. Relax and let your daughters enjoy their time playing this game. Too many parents take it too seriously. If your daughter is a player she will stand out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The games aren't meaningless to the girls. There is quite a rivalry in MD even at the 6th grade level. Everyone is determined to beat M&D and work on things specifically to try to do so. I know that the M&D girls were quite upset about the one game they've lost. They played the team that beat them and probably played their best defensive game and held MD United to 3 goals.

While I agree that parents shouldn't be on here beating their chests, don't say the games are meaningless. As you said, these girls are in 6th grade. They aren't thinking about and don't care about college coaches. So I disagree. Maybe come 8th grade and up, the games may be meaningless, but right now, the girls all want to win. They talk trash to their friends in school. My daughters friends from other clubs constantly tell her they are going to beat her this year, etc. it's good for them. After all, the game is supposed to be a competition, not a showcase for who can get a 3k scholarship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're being honest about the crossfire game you should also mention that the red extended the game long enough for crossfire to tie it. I believe they played an extra 5 minutes or so. Redshirts were up by 3 or 4 at the actual end of the game. Funny how that got left out of the recap.

Misinformed, time was being kept on the sideline and both teams coaches were aware of it.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard