BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 38 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 37 38
Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yet again we get the Whitman goalies stats. Thanks for the update coach.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why all the hate? You tell me.

Synonym for hate = envy. But not sure why anyone even envious. How many state (or even L.I.) championship trophies does SE have in the case? They are the Syosset of Suffolk. All bluster with no hardware.

Syosset has a LI Championship and you are a _ _ _ _

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A county championship in the countties toughest league is a big acomplishment. You have to start somewhere and build from there. Remember, you are only as good as your last game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A county championship in the countties toughest league is a big acomplishment. You have to start somewhere and build from there. Remember, you are only as good as your last game.

If you can't get off the Island and win a state, a county is nice but nothing close to the hubris and bluster blowing out of SE that would make you think they were some kind of dynasty. Hardly that. Lets stay a little modest and humble until they fill a case with multiple pieces of State hardware (ala WM, WI, GC, Manhasset).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you can't get off the Island and win a state, a county is nice but nothing close to the hubris and bluster blowing out of SE that would make you think they were some kind of dynasty. Hardly that. Lets stay a little modest and humble until they fill a case with multiple pieces of State hardware (ala WM, WI, GC, Manhasset).

Stop living in the past! Every year is different. Great to see talent emerging from programs nobody noticed in the past. Face facts, GC, Manhasset, WI weak. Lynbrook Connetquot and a few other lesser known programs looking powerful. Nobody cares about your past championships except those that won. Everyone loves an underdog! Who wants it?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade beat Manhasset 8-4 today.
Changes coming on O

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of Manhasset's top attackmen went down late in game. Any one know how serious??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greewich would not want to break bread with you whiners. Would be suprised if any of them hang around if you display the arrogance that has become commomplace in smithtown.

then you need to explain who all those people were in the parking lot after the game and why the Greenwich bus was there so late

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop living in the past! Every year is different. Great to see talent emerging from programs nobody noticed in the past. Face facts, GC, Manhasset, WI weak. Lynbrook Connetquot and a few other lesser known programs looking powerful. Nobody cares about your past championships except those that won. Everyone loves an underdog! Who wants it?

Port Washington might raise a few eyebrows this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job by Connetquot, beating Ward Melville, for the first time in program history!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

then again they might not, good team, third best in Nassau A's but I don't expect any eyebrow to be raised, maybe a head nod or a wink but certainly not a raised eyebrow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes Connetquot so good this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Returned a strong attack and are playing very disciplined smart lacrosse. Go watch a game, I did and they are quite impressive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Standings For BOYS LACROSSE
Last Tally Date : 4/13/2015 3:39:46 PM

Team Name League Record Overall Record Total Points
LEAGUE I (contest details)
Ward Melville 3-1-0 4-1-0 125.000
Northport 5-0-0 5-1-0 123.900
Connetquot 5-0-0 6-0-0 120.100
Sachem East 3-1-0 4-1-0 119.000
Bay Shore 3-1-0 4-2-0 108.100
Commack HS 2-3-0 3-3-0 107.500
Sachem North 3-2-0 6-2-0 103.700
Lindenhurst 3-2-0 4-3-0 99.900
Middle Country 2-3-0 2-4-0 99.200
William Floyd 1-4-0 1-6-0 94.200
Longwood 0-4-0 1-6-0 93.700
Brentwood 0-4-0 0-5-0 89.700
Pate-Medford 0-5-0 1-6-0 83.700

LEAGUE II (contest details)
Smithtown East 5-0-0 6-0-0 125.900
Smithtown West 5-0-0 6-1-0 123.200
West Islip 3-0-0 4-2-0 117.200
H H Hills East 4-0-0 7-0-0 114.900
H H Hills West 3-2-0 4-2-0 113.700
Walt Whitman 3-1-0 5-1-0 110.400
Riverhead 2-2-0 4-3-0 103.700
East Islip 1-4-0 1-4-0 102.200
Bellport 1-3-0 2-4-0 100.200
North Babylon 1-3-0 3-3-0 93.700
West Babylon 0-5-0 0-6-0 92.700
Deer Park 0-4-0 0-5-0 90.200
Copiague 0-4-0 0-5-0 80.700

LEAGUE III (contest details)
Shoreham WR 5-1-0 5-1-0 133.000
Harborfields 4-1-0 4-1-0 122.330
Miller Place 4-2-0 4-2-0 120.000
Islip 3-2-0 3-3-0 114.000
Sayville 3-2-0 3-2-0 112.000
Comsewogue 3-2-0 3-2-0 111.000
Hauppauge 3-2-0 3-3-0 106.870
Elwood/J Glenn 3-2-0 3-3-0 106.530
Mt. Sinai 2-3-0 2-3-0 106.000
Bayport-Blue Pt 3-3-0 3-3-0 101.870
Eastport/SManor 2-3-0 2-3-0 99.670
Rocky Point 2-3-0 2-3-0 98.200
Huntington 2-3-0 2-3-0 96.200
Westhampton 2-3-0 2-3-0 94.530
Kings Park 1-4-0 1-5-0 90.000
EH/BH/PIER 0-6-0 1-6-0 69.200

LEAGUE IV (contest details)
Matt/Gpt/Shld 3-0-0 3-1-0 118.530
Babylon 2-0-0 3-1-0 118.330
Port Jefferson 2-2-0 2-3-0 110.200
Center Moriches 1-2-0 2-2-0 108.330
McGann-Mercy 0-2-0 0-2-0 95.200
Hampton Bays 2-2-0 2-2-0 93.730
Southampton/Ross 0-2-0 0-3-0 90.200

NON LEAGUE (contest details)
SAINT JOSEPH 0-0-0 0-1-0 100.000

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do they determine points?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Returned a strong attack and are playing very disciplined smart lacrosse. Go watch a game, I did and they are quite impressive

Looking forward to the Connetquot Northport game i hope they both head in undefeated in legaue 1.

'Quot has Sachems and HHW
Nport has Sachems SE and WM

Northport has a home advantage for that stretch; Connetquot is mostly away. Not sure home field means much but i would say going deep into the season could be a factor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking forward to the Connetquot Northport game i hope they both head in undefeated in legaue 1.

Northport has a home advantage for that stretch; Connetquot is mostly away. Not sure home field means much but i would say going deep into the season could be a factor.

In between the 'Quot/NP matchup and now, check out the Quot/HW game next week. Coaches both coach 91 and sons play on their team. Bragging rights for the summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After today, good test coming up for Smithtown West. If you assume today will be their 7th win of year vs deer park, the win loss records of their opponents in their 7 wins is 12-26 combined. They have HHE, Whitman and Smithtown East beginning Thurs. Their combined win loss records are 18-1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job by Connetquot, beating Ward Melville, for the first time in program history!

WM was just simply out coached

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

then again they might not, good team, third best in Nassau A's but I don't expect any eyebrow to be raised, maybe a head nod or a wink but certainly not a raised eyebrow

Any results for Farmingdale vs Port today?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Any results for Farmingdale vs Port today?

Port won 14 to 5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM was just simply out coached

Not the first time last year saw it several times how about the stall that was called vs Sachem North in the 4th up 3 with 6 minutes left and dominating play...oy vay

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In between the 'Quot/NP matchup and now, check out the Quot/HW game next week. Coaches both coach 91 and sons play on their team. Bragging rights for the summer!

'Quot the [lacrosse] are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Mineola and Cold Spring Harbor play last night? Anyone know the outcome?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Mineola and Cold Spring Harbor play last night? Anyone know the outcome?

CSH won

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. Score? Mineola has a few good players and seems to be much improved. Just curious how they measured up,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11-5

Thank you. Score? Mineola has a few good players and seems to be much improved. Just curious how they measured up,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dad I think you know how it ended up. No one giving props to your minneola kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Umm no. CSH resident. Could not find the score in Newsday or Laxpower. Don't think Mineola has been at all relevant since the days of Beresheim Flynn and the Lowe's though. Why not Keep it positive...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what the playoff requirements are for Suffolk A Boys. Now that there are two leagues are the two leagues merged for the playoffs and the points system from Sect ix will determine a team's Seeding. The tentative brackets show 13 teams would make the playoffs

Someone else told me any team with 6 league wins gets in. I am aware of the old "Sachem" rule but that doesn't sound right in this day and age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dad I think you know how it ended up. No one giving props to your minneola kid.

Actually I was interested as well so thank you and I am a Suffolk guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Umm no. CSH resident. Could not find the score in Newsday or Laxpower. Don't think Mineola has been at all relevant since the days of Beresheim Flynn and the Lowe's though. Why not Keep it positive...

There's some names from the past. Wonder if any of them have kids playing now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's some names from the past. Wonder if any of them have kids playing now.

Grandkids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
easy on the grandkids...not quite yet...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Suffolk B is a death match every single game. One team is struggling, but every other team is going toe to toe in every game. Should be very interesting to see who's left standing at the end. Word is, 8 wins in conference and your in the playoffs. These teams will either be battle tested or beaten up. Only time will tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this new Suffolk schedule really sucks...

Most powerful schools have had only one or two real games thus far and 5 that weren't good for anyone.

Worse, JV hasn't had any real games...

10 plus goals in first half mean starters are pulled and benches are cleared, no way to prepare for the SME, SMW, WM Masapequa, syosset...

Would much prefer to have a record of 4 and 4 against tough teams than undefeated or 1 loss at this stage.

Forget about national rankings, they are a load of crap. In suffolk at least, the objective is to win states. Can't push your team to play under pressure if every game is 13-2...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most powerful schools have had only one or two real games thus far and 5 that weren't good for anyone.

10 plus goals in first half mean starters are pulled and benches are cleared, no way to prepare for the SME, SMW, WM Masapequa, syosset...

Would much prefer to have a record of 4 and 4 against tough teams than undefeated or 1 loss at this stage.

Forget about national rankings, they are a load of crap. In suffolk at least, the objective is to win states. Can't push your team to play under pressure if every game is 13-2...

Unfortunately high school lacrosse is not very competitive. Every conference on Long Island has a few strong teams but that is about it. There needs to be a Long Island Power Conference. At the very least, teams should be able to schedule more non-league games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ah 13-2 (try 14 or 15 to 2) but I say why a power conference? Imagine if there was a power conference would you have put Connetiquot there. If they didn't make it into the power conference they would be undefeated and everyone would question their accomplishments.

Maybe try this on for size; each conference has 12 or so teams. 4 teams in each are very good 4 will give each other good games and 4 others will be the door mats.

Take 2 of those 4 door mats off the schedule and replace them with 2 non conference "challenge" games.

Since you mentioned Suffolk
Does Northport, Connetiquot (not a surprise to me), Ward Melville really need to play Brentwood or Longwood. No! That game doesn't help either team. But you and I both know you put those 3 teams into a power conference the bitching starts why can we have a safe game... blah blah blah

Honestly since you mentioned states how much do you know about the rest of the state? There are powder puff games in all of the NY sections 8, 1, 9, 2, 4, 5, 6,3, 7, 10. Brentwood/Longwood, East Islip/West Babylon or Baldwin/Valley Stream would be better than 500 clubs looking at a playoff spot.

Many of the public school sections (in and out of the state) are broken up in 1/3 just like Suffolk; the good, the bad, and the ugly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ah 13-2 (try 14 or 15 to 2) but I say why a power conference? Imagine if there was a power conference would you have put Connetiquot there. If they didn't make it into the power conference they would be undefeated and everyone would question their accomplishments.

Maybe try this on for size; each conference has 12 or so teams. 4 teams in each are very good 4 will give each other good games and 4 others will be the door mats.

Take 2 of those 4 door mats off the schedule and replace them with 2 non conference "challenge" games.

Does Northport, Connetiquot (not a surprise to me), Ward Melville really need to play Brentwood or Longwood. No! That game doesn't help either team. But you and I both know you put those 3 teams into a power conference the bitching starts why can we have a safe game... blah blah blah

Honestly since you mentioned states how much do you know about the rest of the state? There are powder puff games in all of the NY sections 8, 1, 9, 2, 4, 5, 6,3, 7, 10. Brentwood/Longwood, East Islip/West Babylon or Baldwin/Valley Stream would be better than 500 clubs looking at a playoff spot.

Many of the public school sections (in and out of the state) are broken up in 1/3 just like Suffolk; the good, the bad, and the ugly.

You are very correct about section 8 having terrible games just like section 11. Section 8 A has Freeport, Hempstead, Valley Stream, Uniondale, and Plainview. That's 5 teams that lose by at least 10 to everyone else in the conference except each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are very correct about section 8 having terrible games just like section 11. Section 8 A has Freeport, Hempstead, Valley Stream, Uniondale, and Plainview. That's 5 teams that lose by at least 10 to everyone else in the conference except each other.

Section 1 and 9 are no better.

Page 19 of 38 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard