BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Re: 2015 NCAA Womens Lacrosse Scores and News
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To the Laxtradomus poster. WOW. You are exactly why we laugh at the JS supporters. With friends like you he doesn't need enemies. Judging by your post it's clear college wasn't in your cards but please stop polluting this thread with your embarrassing meathead Rob Lowe comments. OR better yet keep them coming cause they make my day and make me laugh. Thanks!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Anonymous
It Obvious that this Laxstradomus should not quit their day job !
The ones bashing this man are the ones who consistently insist that their kid can play for any program in the country because their kid is that good! The delusional part of it is if your a youth parent or tipping the collegiate parent era , chances are your kid is not that Thoroughbred that JS seeks otherwise they wouldn't be on here Hating away !. Your facts are way off on the debt part as well Really??. Yes it takes a certain type of personality that JS seeks who will put up with his demands and his flaws of personality , BUT his actions speak for himself . Give credit when credit is do ! There are way to many haters out there who cannot admit that maybe there child is not that good , or that coach no matter what his flaws are is one damn good coach !
Or more so could be that many of you parents purchased a ton of NORTHWESTERN apparel and even Hofstra Apparel and being a ugly state school that it is has defeated a team who reigned a LAX era for years deems your opinions , Jump on the bandwagon my friends because this team will only get stronger as he gets that much closer each year to compete for the #1 position. In do time with a few more additions he will complete that task . In the meantime the Red is the New purple !

They are ahead of a lot of big name schools this year. Don't be a hater if your daughter chose to go to a weaker program.

Good education, Good lacrosse
Do you know how obnoxious you sound? If your daughter chose a school based on its lacrosse program you are a failure as a parent. Your guru coach is disliked by most of the big coaches not because he has a good program but because he is arrogant and difficult, thats why most of the top tier programs will not play him, hence your easy schedule. They will probably lose to N.W. and may beat Hofstra, but if they lose both they will drop below 15 for sure and will need to beat Albany to assure a spot in the tournament, if not, maybe no at large for S.B. Stony Brook is an ugly campus that reflects the attitude of both it's coach and team parents. I would rather my daughter lose every game in her college career, and get the degree she wants than play for a meaningless championship that does nothing for the players and everything for the coach, while having to spend another 2 to 3 years after there playing years are done at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars to finish her degree. Congratulations S.B. parents, you sold your daughters into debt so you can brag.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea, you were hating on little boys and college girls, read your post. " his players behavior (college and youth) are a disgrace. Nothing to be proud of." Grow up and keep kids out of your tirades. You don't get it! Go Seawolves!!! Keep up the good work!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea, you were hating on little boys and college girls, read your post. " his players behavior (college and youth) are a disgrace. Nothing to be proud of." Grow up and keep kids out of your tirades. You don't get it! Go Seawolves!!! Keep up the good work!!

I guess my point was over your head. It was not hating on little boys and college girls...it's the "behavior" that he's been teaching and encouraging for years. You obviously don't get it, so there's no sense in continuing this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would guarantee this poster sucked up to JS for years , realized friends or not if your kid doesn't perform to his standards he will not play,they got burned out of a phony longtime friendship , because most of those people are just that , and here you are bashing away!
Don't be a tool we know a few of you are just very bitter on JS success , because your not a part of it.

quote=Anonymous]
To the Laxtradomus poster. WOW. You are exactly why we laugh at the JS supporters. With friends like you he doesn't need enemies. Judging by your post it's clear college wasn't in your cards but please stop polluting this thread with your embarrassing meathead Rob Lowe comments. OR better yet keep them coming cause they make my day and make me laugh. Thanks!!!!!!!!

It Obvious that this Laxstradomus should not quit their day job !
The ones bashing this man are the ones who consistently insist that their kid can play for any program in the country because their kid is that good! The delusional part of it is if your a youth parent or tipping the collegiate parent era , chances are your kid is not that Thoroughbred that JS seeks otherwise they wouldn't be on here Hating away !. Your facts are way off on the debt part as well Really??. Yes it takes a certain type of personality that JS seeks who will put up with his demands and his flaws of personality , BUT his actions speak for himself . Give credit when credit is do ! There are way to many haters out there who cannot admit that maybe there child is not that good , or that coach no matter what his flaws are is one damn good coach !
Or more so could be that many of you parents purchased a ton of NORTHWESTERN apparel and even Hofstra Apparel and being a ugly state school that it is has defeated a team who reigned a LAX era for years deems your opinions , Jump on the bandwagon my friends because this team will only get stronger as he gets that much closer each year to compete for the #1 position. In do time with a few more additions he will complete that task . In the meantime the Red is the New purple !

They are ahead of a lot of big name schools this year. Don't be a hater if your daughter chose to go to a weaker program.

Do you know how obnoxious you sound? If your daughter chose a school based on its lacrosse program you are a failure as a parent. Your guru coach is disliked by most of the big coaches not because he has a good program but because he is arrogant and difficult, thats why most of the top tier programs will not play him, hence your easy schedule. They will probably lose to N.W. and may beat Hofstra, but if they lose both they will drop below 15 for sure and will need to beat Albany to assure a spot in the tournament, if not, maybe no at large for S.B. Stony Brook is an ugly campus that reflects the attitude of both it's coach and team parents. I would rather my daughter lose every game in her college career, and get the degree she wants than play for a meaningless championship that does nothing for the players and everything for the coach, while having to spend another 2 to 3 years after there playing years are done at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars to finish her degree. Congratulations S.B. parents, you sold your daughters into debt so you can brag.

[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you know how mean you sound? Look it up, instate tuition is a little over $8,000, and out of state is almost $22,000. Add on a great education, great coaches,and great lacrosse. It sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Stony Brook beat NU today, by sheer determination, a lot of heart, great athletes, and extremely good coaching! That's something your mean words cannot take away from them. The SBU program has done so much to add to girls lacrosse on Long Island. The stadium was full of little girls teams coming to watch a really exciting lacrosse program, take down a National Championship team. And afterwards, they asked the players for their autographs. JS and his staff have created a program Long Island can be proud of.

It's too bad the game was played at 12:00 on a Sunday afternoon when many of the youth teams probably had conflicts with their games. Read there were about 900 in attendance, wonder if it would have been more on a different day. What a difference a couple years make - NU went from winning back-to-back championships on that field to losing to the home team, who wasn't even in the tournament then. Shows how much the talent is spreading out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems like Stony Brook is creating a program representing Long Island. Playing with a edge, blue collar, toughness and attitude.

I like it. I would sign up right now if I could! I might be in the minority here but I think it is ok to get yelled at, demand the best, and get pushed a little.

Congrats Stony Brook!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bill (BS ) come on knock it off

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said and you hit it on the head blue collar !
Maybe the pompous above everyone else's standards bashing posters should take note, Hard work and Hustle will rise to the top , And yes that does mean mommy and daddy cant buy their way into this one !

It seems like Stony Brook is creating a program representing Long Island. Playing with a edge, blue collar, toughness and attitude.

I like it. I would sign up right now if I could! I might be in the minority here but I think it is ok to get yelled at, demand the best, and get pushed a little.

Congrats Stony Brook!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great for LI that Stony Brook and Hofstra are playing so well! The elitists need to stop. If nothing else your girls being able to attend Stony Brook or Hofstra games are great experiences. Their was an energetic loud very large crowd at SB yesterday and as a dad of a young lax player it is great for her to watch these phenomenal athletes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He didn't want my daughter so therefore I must bash as per the YJ handbook. Now we have shipped our daughter off to a far away school that we didn't want, but they wanted us so we got an offer. Now she is playing lousy lacrosse at a school that no hiring company has ever heard of with lousy academics with a really high price tag. Looking back, I wish he wanted us.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR and the YJ's are hated for the exact same reasons. It comes with being at the top.

I love how the blow hard parents who only care about having their kids verbal commit to the school with the best package offer are now bashing SB after sending their kids to lesser Lacrosse and Academic schools.

SB currently is offering top 10 Lacrosse with bottom 10 tuition pricing, but keep choosing those schools with a $60,000 starting price tag

Yeah...thats why YJ is hated>>>lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not have a kid in the program, but I am around a lot of lacrosse--the word around the fields is that this is not a program you want to send your daughter to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stony Brook is not a bargain so please stop making it something it's not.
Campus is quite ugly. Alumni presence is terrible. Endowment is minuscule at $180M (colleges with $90M-$100M are closing their doors and are out of business). Athletics are average all around with low school spirit. Academic programs except medicine are average. We can go on and on.

It's an option for some but by no means is a top school.

SBU is a great deal. The school is one of the top public universities in the world. The in-state tuition is nothing compared to other private or out-of-state schools. The campus is beautiful. The only problem is all the building they are doing. Of course with such a building boom I would not be concerned about SBU closing its doors anytime soon. I do agree the endowment is small, but the school is still relatively young. The Endowment continues to grow each year. As for the alumni, i can't really comment. But that is true of most schools. As SBU grows and the athletic department gets better, my guess is that an alumni presence will not be an issue. Just like any other school that does well. The academics are there. If they get improved sports, to go along with good fine arts, campus life and post graduate activities will only get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not have a kid in the program, but I am around a lot of lacrosse--the word around the fields is that this is not a program you want to send your daughter to.

To which program are you referring?
Stony Brook
Or Marquette
There are two distinct topics being "discussed"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry, Marquette. Love SBU, one of the top coaches in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I live in a girls lacrosse hot bed and do not have a daughter that goes to Marquette but have heard some horrific stories of lack to leadership, teaching and mentoring. I have heard of some horrific off the field incidents that have involved girl's on the team and the coaching staff basically turning their back on them. The coach basically ignored and disgarded the girls as if they were a distraction to her and her staff. It was such a shalow and self centered act from a staff member of a Jesuit University.

We trust our children with coaches in the hope that they act as guardians to your children, at Marquette, this is not what you can expect. If you combine the terrible mentoring and guidance from the coaching staff at Marquetter Girls Lacrosse with the fact they have been flat out awful on the field, you have a terrible place to play lacrosse.

#stayaway #timeforachange #wakeupmarquetteathleticdirector

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division I, April 13
Rank Team Record Points First Previous
1 Maryland 14-0 400 20 1
2 North Carolina 12-2 373 2
3 Duke 13-1 363 3
4 Boston College 13-2 338 4
5 Virginia 10-5 313 6
6 Stony Brook 13-1 273 9
7 Northwestern 9-4 265 5
8 Florida 11-4 257 8
9 Syracuse 9-6 247 7
10 Notre Dame 9-5 225 13
11 Penn 10-2 212 10
12 Penn State 10-3 170 12
13 Princeton 9-3 153 14
14 Louisville 9-5 142 11
15 Stanford 9-2 111 15
16 Loyola 11-4 90 17
17 Johns Hopkins 11-2 83 20
18 James Madison 10-4 71 16
19 Albany 10-2 50 19
20 Ohio State 10-5 47 18

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like it too! They're tough, scrappy, hard working girls. Yesterday's game was proof. JS and his assistants must be doing something right, because everyone seems to have bought into his program. It's great to see strong, confident young women take charge. It was very inspiring for my girls to see! It's a perfect storm of great coaching and very gifted athletes. I agree with you, I might be in the minority too, but to some degree isn't shouting coaching? How else do the girls hear directions? Nothing inappropriate was said, nor was there any over the top yelling by JS or his assistants. They simply know how to coach! I congratulate all of them on their " can do" winning spirit. Great for Long Island!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division II, April 13
1 Adelphi 12-0 392 13 1
2 Lock Haven 10-0 386 7 2
3 Le Moyne 12-1 348 4
4 Lindenwood 12-1 346 3
5 Florida Southern 16-2 320 5
6 Stonehill 13-1 298 6
7 Mercyhurst 10-2 273 8
8 New Haven 10-2 268 7
9 LIU Post 11-2 242 9
10 Rollins 10-3 220 10
11 Limestone 12-2 206 11
12 Regis (CO) 9-3 158 12
13 Queens 11-4 141 13
14 Mount Olive 12-3 135 14
15 Bloomsburg 7-3 86 18
16 West Chester 7-4 83 19
17 Seton Hill 8-4 82 15
18 Dowling 9-4 80 16
19 Bentley 8-4 62 20
20 Saint Anselm 4-6 28 17

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

IWLCA Poll for Division III, April 13
1 Trinity (CT) 11-1 395 18 1
2 Middlebury 10-1 380 1 2
3 Franklin & Marshall 12-1 359 3
4 Cortland 12-1 343 1 5
5 Bowdoin 10-2 306 7
6 Gettysburg 11-2 290 8
7 Hamilton 10-2 281 9
8 College of New Jersey 10-2 248 14
9 Salisbury 11-3 224 6
10 Colby 9-4 194 4
11 Washington & Lee 11-2 184 11
12 Tufts 9-4 183 10
13 Catholic (DC) 9-3 165 13
14 Amherst 8-4 162 12
15 [lacrosse] 10-4 115 15
16 Messiah 8-4 86 17
17 Williams 6-5 68 16
18 Geneseo 8-1 67 18
19 Springfield 11-2 47 20
20 Fredonia 10-2 46 19

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Getting some unconfirmed news that Amanda Belichick, head coach for at Weslyan University, has taken a leave of absence for the reminder of the year. If true hopefully all is well.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Throwing a Coach under the bus because your kid doesn't play is wrong!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
@ Al Sharpton... best username yet..you win

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Sour grapes parents need to check the mirror and the their lives. Too many believe that the game that THEIR CHILD IS PLAYING, NOT THEM is the be all end all. Tell me where the perfect program is and I'll pick it apart. The head coach at Marquette has my unyielding support. She cares about the girls first and foremost and her program ranking comes somewhere behind that. Show me a program where there are not off the field issues at the college level and I'll say your wrong! Take a look at the fiber of your daughters. Do they whine and complain and make excuses or do they battle to be the best and support the team no matter what. Are they good enough to standout at practice so the coaches notice and have enough confidence in them to put them on the field to represent? This coach is a proven champion and devotes her life to share her wisdom with her team. College is about life lessons, not about lacrosse. If the young ladies have an issue with one of the coaches they should confront them about it. The system and the program are open to that interaction. Your daughters are adults and society needs them to start acting as such. Stop wiping their noses would ya...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
A note of caution to any parent considering Marquette for your daughter. The coach is completely incompetent. Your kid will have a miserable experience and end up hating the sport she loves. There a quality kids quitting left and right. Also there is a very subtle pay to play policy in place. It is disgusting.

That's too bad. Is your daughter thinking of transferring? Or is she happy there overall, just not with the lax program?

The school is a good one and the kids like it. I know a number of the girls are thinking of transferring or just plain quitting. The problem is lax and school become intertwined. Hard to have a great experience when half your time of the day is miserable.

The problem with the coaches are they have created a junior high school like environment. Very petty. Not conducive to growing girls or building their self confidence. They started out with some good assistants, but that has been a revolving door.

One of the assistants is an aggressive [lacrosse] who is bitter and angry at the world and takes it out on the kids. Very difficult for these girls to cope with that. Head coach only cares about herself and the teams lax power rating. A total narcissistic ego maniac. A girl on the team was sexually assaulted and it was swept under the rug by the coaching staff and administration.

My daughter left the team last year and is leading a much healthier life as a result of it.

Marquette should know better. It is a Jesuit institution that should care about kids instead of treating them like commodities.

Bottom line is there are too many new D 1 lacrosse programs and not enough experienced coaches. Don't let your daughter be a guinea pig for the Marquette coaches to learn. I guarantee it will come at your daughters expense.

If you read some of the coaches press releases you will laugh. They are being blow out of games and she makes it sound as if they are actually close games. One of her strategies is to keep the starters in the whole game after the other team empties their bench. She narrows the score and makes herself look better.

She recruited close to 50 girls to be on the team. Impossible for that many to have a good experience.

Putting this out as a public service . Better to be forewarned of these things.

My daughter has been considering Marquette. Given that you were once an insider, do you know of a way that we can corroborate this prior to her committing? Not calling you a liar but don't want to base any major decision like this on one person's assessment. We did not get this impression at all from meeting with the coaches. And can I ask why you posted this now if your daughter left last year?

I can definitely confirm what the poster said. My daughter is still on the team, so I don't want to say too much. All I will say is we lived up to our end of the bargain and the Coaching staff definitely did not. At the beginning of this year they had 50 young ladies on the team and 12 have quit. Yet they are still recruiting more. There is also an improper relationship with the assistant and one of the players. Everyone on the team knows it and it is disgusting.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but every program is like this. These college coaches are salesman it's their job to sell you and then once your there it's their call and anything goes. When your kid commits to play D1-D3 they own you. It's their job to sell you on the school...these college coaches are all verbally abusive and nothing ever gets done!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Do not paint such a broad stroke with a comment such as "every program is like this". Not every college coach is verbally abusive. I'm not sure what "not everything gets done" means. Are there coaches over their heads at some schools? Sure. That's why coaches get fired. But the vast majority are good folks; competitive? Sure. In fact I hope so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
A note of caution to any parent considering Marquette for your daughter. The coach is completely incompetent. Your kid will have a miserable experience and end up hating the sport she loves. There a quality kids quitting left and right. Also there is a very subtle pay to play policy in place. It is disgusting.

That's too bad. Is your daughter thinking of transferring? Or is she happy there overall, just not with the lax program?

The school is a good one and the kids like it. I know a number of the girls are thinking of transferring or just plain quitting. The problem is lax and school become intertwined. Hard to have a great experience when half your time of the day is miserable.

The problem with the coaches are they have created a junior high school like environment. Very petty. Not conducive to growing girls or building their self confidence. They started out with some good assistants, but that has been a revolving door.

One of the assistants is an aggressive [lacrosse] who is bitter and angry at the world and takes it out on the kids. Very difficult for these girls to cope with that. Head coach only cares about herself and the teams lax power rating. A total narcissistic ego maniac. A girl on the team was sexually assaulted and it was swept under the rug by the coaching staff and administration.

My daughter left the team last year and is leading a much healthier life as a result of it.

Marquette should know better. It is a Jesuit institution that should care about kids instead of treating them like commodities.

Bottom line is there are too many new D 1 lacrosse programs and not enough experienced coaches. Don't let your daughter be a guinea pig for the Marquette coaches to learn. I guarantee it will come at your daughters expense.

If you read some of the coaches press releases you will laugh. They are being blow out of games and she makes it sound as if they are actually close games. One of her strategies is to keep the starters in the whole game after the other team empties their bench. She narrows the score and makes herself look better.

She recruited close to 50 girls to be on the team. Impossible for that many to have a good experience.

Putting this out as a public service . Better to be forewarned of these things.

My daughter has been considering Marquette. Given that you were once an insider, do you know of a way that we can corroborate this prior to her committing? Not calling you a liar but don't want to base any major decision like this on one person's assessment. We did not get this impression at all from meeting with the coaches. And can I ask why you posted this now if your daughter left last year?

I can definitely confirm what the poster said. My daughter is still on the team, so I don't want to say too much. All I will say is we lived up to our end of the bargain and the Coaching staff definitely did not. At the beginning of this year they had 50 young ladies on the team and 12 have quit. Yet they are still recruiting more. There is also an improper relationship with the assistant and one of the players. Everyone on the team knows it and it is disgusting.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but every program is like this. These college coaches are salesman it's their job to sell you and then once your there it's their call and anything goes. When your kid commits to play D1-D3 they own you. It's their job to sell you on the school...these college coaches are all verbally abusive and nothing ever gets done!!

Well someone should stand up and say something about it. Parents are paying too much money to put up with crap like this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by RobertS
Sour grapes parents need to check the mirror and the their lives. Too many believe that the game that THEIR CHILD IS PLAYING, NOT THEM is the be all end all. Tell me where the perfect program is and I'll pick it apart. The head coach at Marquette has my unyielding support. She cares about the girls first and foremost and her program ranking comes somewhere behind that. Show me a program where there are not off the field issues at the college level and I'll say your wrong! Take a look at the fiber of your daughters. Do they whine and complain and make excuses or do they battle to be the best and support the team no matter what. Are they good enough to standout at practice so the coaches notice and have enough confidence in them to put them on the field to represent? This coach is a proven champion and devotes her life to share her wisdom with her team. College is about life lessons, not about lacrosse. If the young ladies have an issue with one of the coaches they should confront them about it. The system and the program are open to that interaction. Your daughters are adults and society needs them to start acting as such. Stop wiping their noses would ya...

You have the same condescending attitude as the coach. That is why she is 11-37. These girls all work hard and are dedicated to the team. They also see the same players make the same mistakes over and over again for 3 years and not be held accountable . Being held accountable means you go to the bench and someone else gets a chance to play meaningful minutes.

The other point your missing is no one gets reps in practice but the starters. This is because the coach has a huge team. No player or parent was ever told this would be the case.

The coach has create a haves and have nots culture on the team. Any body who has coached girls lacrosse will tell you that this is incredibly toxic.

The bench players on this team are just as good as the starters, in some cases better. They have earned and deserve a fair opportunity to play. Who knows maybe you will get a win against a good team that way.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
your beliefs are your own and I won't use this forum to discuss my opinions in depth. It solves nothing and satisfies no one. I will say this though, we have always gone by the philosophy -become so good that the coach doesn't have to think about playing you. If the coach has to question whether to play you or not then its on you, not the coach.
I think it is a mistake to think that the anyone wants to win more than the coaches and that they would choose to do anything that would negate that process....
Peace and good will to you...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by RobertS

You have the same condescending attitude as the coach. That is why she is 11-37. These girls all work hard and are dedicated to the team. They also see the same players make the same mistakes over and over again for 3 years and not be held accountable . Being held accountable means you go to the bench and someone else gets a chance to play meaningful minutes.

The other point your missing is no one gets reps in practice but the starters. This is because the coach has a huge team. No player or parent was ever told this would be the case.

The coach has create a haves and have nots culture on the team. Any body who has coached girls lacrosse will tell you that this is incredibly toxic.

The bench players on this team are just as good as the starters, in some cases better. They have earned and deserve a fair opportunity to play. Who knows maybe you will get a win against a good team that way.

Look at what just went on at Syracuse.... Gait had over 50 girls on roster and cut about 20 of the girls last week. Over recruiting can cause major issues on a team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Well someone should stand up and say something about it. Parents are paying too much money to put up with crap like this. [/quote]

Paying has nothing to do with it. You are paying for college, not sports. Please. I remember hearing a HS dad saying he pays school taxes therefore his daughter should be on varsity. A ridiculous argument, I think we would agree, and essentially what you're saying about the college coach.

As for speaking up, do so at your own risk. My family has had the unfortunate experience of a winning coach (not lacrosse) who played headgames with his team, my daughter included. She went out on a limb and scheduled a meeting with him and he benched her for the rest of the season for it while denying one thing had anything to do with the other. And she was not rude, in fact she was so intimidated by him I couldn't believe she actually stood up for herself. This coach had an entire class quit while my daughter was there -- but he won games so it was all good with the athletic department. He told subsequent recruits the quitters had issues, including drug probs. Not true at all. But he has winning seasons.

I have sent several kids to D1 programs and I laugh every time I hear that a coach has told another parent that their kid will start/play/etc. That's just a sales pitch. What do you think they're going to say, "Your kid may or may not play much but I know she'll bring up the team GPA and be a good practice player"? Of course not. The truth is the coach is going to see how it all shakes out once the team is on campus and practicing together. Just this year alone, look at some of the big names from last year's HS scene, some of them are barely getting playing time in college. There are no guarantees about playing spots or time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why many kids and their parents go to lesser academic and lacrosse schools because there is a clearer path to play if that's all you are interested in

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why early recruiting is a problem! Some kids peak early then peter out in college. If your daughter is not Happy then transfer. If she Loves the school then play club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we are all missing the bigger picture here, if you go back to the original post (#110457) and read the end of the 3rd paragraph, you will see that this has nothing to do with playing time. I have two daughters committed to D1 schools, playing time is never a guarantee or concern for me. Sports is more about life lessons such as hard work, teamwork, socialization, etc. That being said, what i do expect is a safe, nurturing and educational environment for my girls, from what I'm reading that has not been afforded at Marquette.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we are all missing the bigger picture here, if you go back to the original post (#110457) and read the end of the 3rd paragraph, you will see that this has nothing to do with playing time. I have two daughters committed to D1 schools, playing time is never a guarantee or concern for me. Sports is more about life lessons such as hard work, teamwork, socialization, etc. That being said, what i do expect is a safe, nurturing and educational environment for my girls, from what I'm reading that has not been afforded at Marquette.

You say that now but you are probably coming from a big travel program where your daughter is a stud. If she rides the bench and gets yelled at after being the go to girl, you will be bitching like all the rest. Us LI travel parents believe our own made up hype!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Look at what just went on at Syracuse.... Gait had over 50 girls on roster and cut about 20 of the girls last week. Over recruiting can cause major issues on a team. [/quote]

Source?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
49 girls still on their roster. 13 girls have played in every game. 18 girls have seen action in 4 games or less. That's a huge bench of blue chip players. Syracuse has a $57,000 price tag and if everyone is getting .2 or so for athletics most are still paying around $45,000. Wow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Robert S, not sure who you are, but the last post makes you sound like the coaches parent. It is sounds defensive and flat out wrong. First and foremost, the coaching staff has the responsibility to develop girls into adults. If what I heard about the rumours of some bad things happening the past few years is true and the coaches turning their backs on them and combined with a 11-37 (.229 winning %), something has to change. I assume that the coach has probably put some sort of "don't read the blogs" and said "I'm always there for you and the door is always open" for the girls to come in and talk to her via an email or letter. The classic "circle the wagons" play to save her job. This can only be read as a last ditch/desparation play to keep her in the good books of the athletic department and the last few remaining friends she has to keep her job. In coaching, pros and college, it about developing young athletes talents and minds, BUT winning is important as well. Marquette Woems Lacrosse seems to have failed across the board. I would politely disagree Robert S about the program being lead by a champion. What is the Bill Parcell's quote - "you are what your record say you are".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at what just went on at Syracuse.... Gait had over 50 girls on roster and cut about 20 of the girls last week. Over recruiting can cause major issues on a team. [/quote]

Source?[/quote]

Got it from a parent of a senior currently on Cuse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then Transfer! Trouble Making Parent.

Like Reply Quote