BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the big picture , standing on the the side lines at Chiaminade or St A?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son isn't a starter and i'm staying right where I am. MC coaching is 2nd to none. If it's down to the buzzer and and it's a close game, the best players should be on the field, this isn't PAL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It stinks when your kid isn't in the "starter club"
But if he was wouldn't you go along for the ride?
You can't blame them .
Especially now that there getting older it means more opportunities,
Would you turn them away?
You have to accept what level your kid is in on - if that means working hard to be the best he can be even if it's not going to put him as a top team starter,
So be it.
I would rather pay for lax whatever level it might be and have a heathy hobby
Then re-hab.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone would agree that man up/down and close games in the last few minutes only the best should be playing. However with the Wolves there are kids that don't get in games or play only a couple of minutes in blowouts. The top 12 - 14 play a lot no matter what the score is. History with the Wolves is very telling. By the end of the year the second half of kids that don't play leave and have trouble making "A" teams the following year and either go back to the Wolves , Go to a "B" team or are a lesser player on another "A" team. These kids were top players when joining the Wolves but the year on the bench hurt them. Remember if your kid is one of the bench players there were probably 10 or more players that rejected Express before you got your invite. Parents have to choose what is right and sitting on the bench of a better team is almost never the right choice. Other teams have great coaching too.I hope it works for everyone but I see no reason why this year will be different from the past.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son isn't a starter and i'm staying right where I am. MC coaching is 2nd to none. If it's down to the buzzer and and it's a close game, the best players should be on the field, this isn't PAL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My friends kid got little playing time there. It was not that he wasnt a good player, but when you run 4 middy lines and the first line gets the lions share how much is left for the second line He left and several A teams jumped on him. He joined one and has started ever since WHo in their right min dis going to pay 3 grand, travel out of state , pat for hotels for their kid to play 5 minutes all day. To be honest, Express should not take these kids on the team, they know they are ripping them off.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My friends kid got little playing time there. It was not that he wasnt a good player, but when you run 4 middy lines and the first line gets the lions share how much is left for the second line He left and several A teams jumped on him. He joined one and has started ever since WHo in their right min dis going to pay 3 grand, travel out of state , pat for hotels for their kid to play 5 minutes all day. To be honest, Express should not take these kids on the team, they know they are ripping them off.

again, show me a top club that does not do that. let's not start the private school banter. to each his own. don't bash someone's choice to stand on a side line. you have no idea what their plans are. good luck with yours.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It stinks when your kid isn't in the "starter club"
But if he was wouldn't you go along for the ride?
You can't blame them .
Especially now that there getting older it means more opportunities,
Would you turn them away?
You have to accept what level your kid is in on - if that means working hard to be the best he can be even if it's not going to put him as a top team starter,
So be it.
I would rather pay for lax whatever level it might be and have a heathy hobby
Then re-hab.

you lost me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

again, show me a top club that does not do that. let's not start the private school banter. to each his own. don't bash someone's choice to stand on a side line. you have no idea what their plans are. good luck with yours.
If you are a top club your team should be full off top players. The drop off from you third attackman to your fifth should not be so drastic that that kid cant get 30% of the playing time. There are warning signs. If there are 27 kids on the sideline, you gotta problem. WHen you hear stories of a kids family driving to Maryland and stepping on the field for 2 minutes, that player should not be on that team. Listen, if you want to stand on the sidleines, thats your right. My kid is NOT an A player and although he has made better teams, I elected to stay where I was as he plays a lot including man up. I understand playing time should not be even steven, but who the [lacrosse] would pay between 2 and 4 grand to watch other kids play lacrosse. Think those kids are not sitting on the grass in practice as well ? Wait till you find out the top 3 players are playing at a deep discount, and thats what your kids really for

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are a top club your team should be full off top players. The drop off from you third attackman to your fifth should not be so drastic that that kid cant get 30% of the playing time. There are warning signs. If there are 27 kids on the sideline, you gotta problem. WHen you hear stories of a kids family driving to Maryland and stepping on the field for 2 minutes, that player should not be on that team. Listen, if you want to stand on the sidleines, thats your right. My kid is NOT an A player and although he has made better teams, I elected to stay where I was as he plays a lot including man up. I understand playing time should not be even steven, but who the [lacrosse] would pay between 2 and 4 grand to watch other kids play lacrosse. Think those kids are not sitting on the grass in practice as well ? Wait till you find out the top 3 players are playing at a deep discount, and thats what your kids really for

that is YOUR choice. why do you care how far people drive or what they pay? seems strange.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the big picture , standing on the the side lines at Chiaminade or St A?

what if it is. why do you care? It's a choice. thank goodness we still have those.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is YOUR choice. why do you care how far people drive or what they pay? seems strange.

Same reason I care when I hear a kid got injured . Dont like to see people I know go through bad things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same reason I care when I hear a kid got injured . Dont like to see people I know go through bad things.

how did this turn into a kid getting hurt. I'm sure if people are unhappy they will leave.i guess you think they are among the who the heck would pay that for that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how did this turn into a kid getting hurt. I'm sure if people are unhappy they will leave.i guess you think they are among the who the heck would pay that for that.
You asked why I cared no? I explained it, when something bad happens to somebody I know I feel bad for them. When greed gets in the way of fielding a balanced team and children are placed on it that don't belong and as a result get no playing time and their self esteem injured it bothers me. I know what kind of turnover the team your talking about has had. That speaks for itself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You asked why I cared no? I explained it, when something bad happens to somebody I know I feel bad for them. When greed gets in the way of fielding a balanced team and children are placed on it that don't belong and as a result get no playing time and their self esteem injured it bothers me. I know what kind of turnover the team your talking about has had. That speaks for itself

it was a rhetorical question. If you got out im sure they can to. Every team at this age has turnover.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems you have a issue with express.
Do you really think that the other two top teams
91 and igloo don't do the same thing. The kids can't all be
The exact same level in those teams either. They pick from
Who shows up at tryouts- so all the top kids should be on
One team ? How would you pull that off? Sounds like recruiting.
Would that be fair at this age?
Heard 91 orange coach called kids he wanted before
Tryouts and had the team picked out before tryouts even happened. Was that fair to the others who paid and went down to try out. Do you feel bad for those kids that didn't even have a chance?
If your kids not on the team, why are you so bitter about someone else who is
Happy to be on it. Do you care more then their parents?
Please, you just have an issue you can't get over.
Respect people's choices even if they are different then yours.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems you have a issue with express.
Do you really think that the other two top teams
91 and igloo don't do the same thing. The kids can't all be
The exact same level in those teams either. They pick from
Who shows up at tryouts- so all the top kids should be on
One team ? How would you pull that off? Sounds like recruiting.
Would that be fair at this age?
Heard 91 orange coach called kids he wanted before
Tryouts and had the team picked out before tryouts even happened. Was that fair to the others who paid and went down to try out. Do you feel bad for those kids that didn't even have a chance?
If your kids not on the team, why are you so bitter about someone else who is
Happy to be on it. Do you care more then their parents?
Please, you just have an issue you can't get over.
Respect people's choices even if they are different then yours.

First off, the tryouts are for more then one team, the Wolverines had a well earned reputation about playing time. On the sidelines of travel teams , in between games conversation about other clubs is a topic you will hear more then once. Those guys went above and beyond. My only issue, is people trying to say it didnt happen. Everybody knew at some point MC was going to have to step in, and he did. The point is ,people who do this in the lax world should be remembered. I have no issue other then the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does that make sense?
MC took over because of playing
Time?
Why are people on here saying MC
Only plays his top group all game,
And the others barely play at all?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good point, why would MC take over because of a
Problem about playing time and then make the problem worse
By only playing the stronger kids all game.
You don't have a comment about 91 recruiting
The team before tryouts ?
Truth, you sound like a express hater.
It's not for everyone Let it go already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does that make sense?
Time?

It makes no sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does that make sense?
Time?

This isn't about mc. Its about the coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does that make sense?
Time?
Dude, you can whine and cry wall you want. those of us who been involved in this age bracket for the last 4 years knows what went on there. The turnover they had, players who chose the B team over the A team who where A players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does that make sense?
Time?
Dude, you can whine and cry wall you want. those of us who been involved in this age bracket for the last 4 years knows what went on there. The turnover they had, players who chose the B team over the A team who where A players.

No one is whining but you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Dude???" You sound like a child. Your son obviously was cut I guess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does that make sense?
Time?

you are the one whining. this started out as someone feeling bad for someone they know. it's a choice no matter how you slice it. let's face it as the kids get older, there is going to be more competition. kids are going to get bigger stronger and faster. the A players at 12 may not be the A player at 16. just keep working hard. if you can't get the playing time, you have other choices. it's all about the training at this stage. there are clinics posted every day for extra training. clubs are businesses first and foremost. hence, the turnover. hopefully, you find one you are happy with. good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does that make sense?
Time?

you are the one whining. this started out as someone feeling bad for someone they know. it's a choice no matter how you slice it. let's face it as the kids get older, there is going to be more competition. kids are going to get bigger stronger and faster. the A players at 12 may not be the A player at 16. just keep working hard. if you can't get the playing time, you have other choices. it's all about the training at this stage. there are clinics posted every day for extra training. clubs are businesses first and foremost. hence, the turnover. hopefully, you find one you are happy with. good luck.
Once again you miss the mark. I am merely pointing out the history of that team. My son NEVER played for them, he is not an A player. The kid I know that left that team, as well as a few other went on to be starters on other A teams. From the time those kids where in third grade that team had no issue playing some kids 90% of the time and others barely at all. Like I said, back in third grade even their second middly line barely saw the field. Unlike most travel clubs at that age they has 3 attackmen and the others where converted to a 4th middy line. The turnover was large. Or do you want to tell me that they didnt do this ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does that make sense?
Time?

Once again you miss the mark. I am merely pointing out the history of that team. My son NEVER played for them, he is not an A player. The kid I know that left that team, as well as a few other went on to be starters on other A teams. From the time those kids where in third grade that team had no issue playing some kids 90% of the time and others barely at all. Like I said, back in third grade even their second middly line barely saw the field. Unlike most travel clubs at that age they has 3 attackmen and the others where converted to a 4th middy line. The turnover was large. Or do you want to tell me that they didnt do this ?

OMG. you spent an awful lot of time for something you were never involved in(if you can believe that). please people are grownups for the most part. I don't think you are swaying anyone to leave. they will leave if it's in their best interest. once again, all the top clubs do this. right or wrong. it's not exclusive to Express as you would like everyone to believe. or this team for that matter. your input seems to have ulterior motives behind it. but keep at it as will we.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does that make sense?
Time?

let me get this straight. even your friend is no longer on the team. give it a rest already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does that make sense?
Time?

let me get this straight. even your friend is no longer on the team. give it a rest already.
Me giving it a rest wont change the past of what that team used to do. People like just dont like having i brought up. Notie how when I say they only played 3 kids at attack and put the rest on a fourth middly line you dont say its not true ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does that make sense?
Time?

Me giving it a rest wont change the past of what that team used to do. People like just dont like having i brought up. Notie how when I say they only played 3 kids at attack and put the rest on a fourth middly line you dont say its not true ?

write much?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this was a fair and reasonable comment.
Although I would add, that's LI's 4th and 5th best team at 2021 could very well be a top 25 team in the country ! So it's not like Icon or Outlaws are going to spanked around.
I'm also hearing that the schedule has Outlaws Black playing Icon Orange. That's a great early season matchup. Rising Sons and Bethesda Blue can both call themselves legitimate top 25 contenders in US too, and both will provide solid competition for the Invitational.
Point is, When Igloo goes to Nationals- and wins 6 games by a score margin of 58-6....but then plays a top LI team to a 7-5 or 8-6 -- it means something and always has meant something. That is why 91 Orange and Igloo Black Ice avoid each other until they have to play. This is why many contend that Igloo avoids the Wolves and for some reason Avoids Icon and Outlaws too, as if a loss to one of these teams would dismissing their 17-2 second round win at Denver. Ha

The point of this Invite tourney is to bring Rising Sons top Long Island talent to start the season off. Lets reserve judgment over whether it matters that one of your arbitrary top 3 aren't there for the Sons. . If Icon and Outlaws win against Behesda and Sons- heck even split the games, and play a great game vs each other, it will be very telling just how good LI is in the 2021 age bracket.

In the past, every team benefitted from the competition and made the tuning necessary to compete in their own circuits regionally. I'm hoping the same happens for every team in both 2020 and 2021.

Many would agree that top Long Island teams numbers four and five are going to this tournament but not the best. In no order Igloo , Express and 91 are top three. As for numbers 4 and 5 Icon was just beat by Express who was using a 5th grade goalie. I was surprised on how good the Outlaws looked recently and we all know they added some new players this year and kept the core kids together and are playing well and have been able to compete with top talent. Many would also agree that Team Long Island is in the mix for top 6. Legacy may not belong. When they have the Express players they could challenge for a top 6 place but we all have seen this past weekend what they are without Express kids playing for them. This mid Atlantic Tourney should be fun but it would have been nice if the top 3 Long Island teams were going.
Really FANTASTIC Showcase for the 2015 Mid Atlantic Madness Tourney!

Great way to match up top notch mid Atlantic teams with excellent LI teams before their respective summer seasons begin.

2021- This is a really great opportunity for rising LI teams like ICON Orange and Outlaws Black. The invite came after Igloo and Wolverines were forced out due to date change.

No matter what any of you crack pipes say- both of the two newly invited LI teams are in the mix for top 4-7 of the best LI teams in 2021 year. We will see this summer for sure. Team LI and Legacy Blue Knights are the only other club teams that could crack the top 7 for now. That assumes we can agree that Igloo Black Ice, Team 91 Orange amd Express Wolverines are the top 3. Fact is- ICON and Outlaws are closing the gap and both should fare well next weekend and benefit tremendously from playing the Sons, Bethesda and Hawks.

This gives some of the other top LI teams a chance to compete early on against the top tier mid atlantic -Rising Sons and Bethesda Blue. The Sons amd Bethesda provide excellent matchups for ICON and Outlaws and I bet the games turn out to be excellent. . The Annapolis Hawks won plenty of championships with the team they apparently are submitting. BBL Elite is a great Nj team but lost to those LI teams last year in several tourneys. Still- they are an Elite team - collected from several NJ areas.

It's gonna be another great tourney and every team can learn from the top talent and make adjustments in time for the LAX season.

Hopefully the weather plays out more like spring.

Line up at 2021 has changed because of the date shift. Although the same teams were invited a few now could not make 4/18 work. Here is the lineup.
2020: Sons, Crabs, Loonies, Express, Legacy, fl$
2021: Sons, Bethesda, Hawks, Icon, Outlaws, BBL

2020 Division- Long Island teams will play Sons, Crabs and Loonies

Looking forward to hearing about these games! Going to be good competition and a solid way to measure a teams strength and weaknesses so they can prepare and strengthen before summer tournament season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Common your comments are ridiculous..wolves were short 8 players. .and had 4 5th graders helping out including the goalie. U r assuming the 2 big middies are older and they have been with the team the past 3 years. Both know personally and they are legit 6 graders..just have good genes..Don't hate on a very good team..All four coaches have done a great job..including MC and JL..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
please come out from under the table.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/data/set1clinical/cj41l021.pdf

how many 5th graders (10-11yrs old) were playing? "Good genes"?

Averages are just that. Higher end of the curve=lower percentage of the population.

Express's "good genes" coupled with "good recruiting"..... and it still doesn't make sense based on the average height/weight for 12 year olds. Too many kids seem to be on the high end of the curve.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Common your comments are ridiculous..wolves were short 8 players. .and had 4 5th graders helping out including the goalie. U r assuming the 2 big middies are older and they have been with the team the past 3 years. Both know personally and they are legit 6 graders..just have good genes..Don't hate on a very good team..All four coaches have done a great job..including MC and JL..

So MC and JL are coaching 2022, 2021 and 2018 Terps? Oh and the 2019 Wolverines??

How is that gonna work out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the idiot that wrote that the coaches kid is still Starting on defense with MC and JL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Express Wolves roster now up to 25 to 28 kids? That is what people are saying. Is that possible for a 6th grade team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U people are ridiculous! Sometimes two grades practice together so there appears to be more players. MC coaches 2021 and 2022. Find something real to complain about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard From Express parents the Wolves are up to around 27 kids. Nothing wrong with trying to confirm this. The only reason to be upset about it if it is true.
U people are ridiculous! Sometimes two grades practice together so there appears to be more players. MC coaches 2021 and 2022. Find something real to complain about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personally think all of these comments regarding express are from express just trying to keep their name out there in this message board... Enough no one cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're actually ridiculous because the last person said you were short the goalie and two defensemen. Then it's they were short 8 players. As for the good gene comment, I won't disagree out of respect for the players but for the record he is not in 6th grade which I also don't have a problem with. The problem everyone has is denial.

Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard