BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 52 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is this JV or Varsity?

The freshman teams played each other yesterday. Chaminade won 12-2.

At St. Ants the best freshman usually play JV. May explain the blow out by Chaminade.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this JV or Varsity?

At St. Ants the best freshman usually play JV. May explain the blow out by Chaminade.

I am pretty sure only 2 were pulled up from the freshman team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this JV or Varsity?

yes, only 2 were pulled, both defensemen, would have made a some difference but the St. Anthony's offense was just overpowered for the Chaminade defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this JV or Varsity?

yes, only 2 were pulled, both defensemen, would have made a some difference but the St. Anthony's offense was just overpowered for the Chaminade defense.

That's because the coach moved the players who made the team as attackmen to middy and those who made it as middy to attack to appease the squeaky wheel parents. All because they weren't going to step on field as 2nd line attack. Good job coach!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's because the coach moved the players who made the team as attackmen to middy and those who made it as middy to attack to appease the squeaky wheel parents. All because they weren't going to step on field as 2nd line attack. Good job coach!!!

Do not have a dog in the fight but really? freshman lacrosse and they are changing positions to appease parents and not to put kids in positions that the (Fresh/JV and Varsity)coaches think is the better position for them? or that they might fill a need for the program at those positions? please, St A's coaches are too smart for that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this JV or Varsity?

First off, my son does not play on either team. But plays on the same team Travel Team as kids on both squads...BUT

Here are the facts: The Friars 2018 class is not as good as the Chammy 2018 class. That is including the two poles they moved up to JV. Anyone that knows anything about the players on both teams knows this. Chammy second line at every position is better than the Friars first line. There is so much depth at Chammy it is scary. It is what it is. You can argue all you want. Unfortunatley this is a one sided arguement for those who know who is on each team's roster. Get used to this for the next 4 years. I am looking forward to watching these kids grow up...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this JV or Varsity?

Or they put the 10 best players on the field that give them the best chance to win. Middie to attack. Attack to Middie. Only person who make statemrs like that are parents of someone who didn't play. Squeaky wheel stuff doesn't work in HS. Time to earn way on field !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this JV or Varsity?

Or they put the 10 best players on the field that give them the best chance to win. Middie to attack. Attack to Middie. Only person who make statemrs like that are parents of someone who didn't play. Squeaky wheel stuff doesn't work in HS. Time to earn way on field !

You have no clue of what goes on in the back rooms of these high school programs especially the Catholics. Deep pockets and legacies do get preferential treatment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is great propaganda for those 2019's who chose St. A's over Chammy or better yet those players who are still thinking about heading over to St Anthony's over their town. Let us not forget about those 2020 either.

Great story line.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - NH Tomahawks
2 - Extreme
3 - Crabs
4 - Terps
5 - Dukes
6 - WCS
7 - Express No.
8 - Madlax
9 - 91 orange
10 - VLC

2018 FCA Baltimore will have a good laugh at your list.

I do believe they traded wins with Crabs and 91 last year...they are a top 5 team no doubt

FCA Blue beat 91 in the Summer and lost to them at Hopkins this Fall - they are a great team.

Annapolis Hawks would have to be on this list if Madlax and VLC are on it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this JV or Varsity?

Ok I am a SA parent. I was at the game. These kids on both teams all know each other. If you know the rosters of both teams there would be acknowledgment that of the talent that went to the 2 Catholics that more of the top 2018 talent went to Chaminade than SA. The kids themselves will acknowledge that as well. Did losing 2 defensemen to JV A hurt - yes but would not have changed the ultimate outcome yesterday. They were the better team. They may very will be the next 2 times they meet this year as well. Congrats to them. lets hope both teams continue to improve and that future games (not just this year but over the remaining 3 years as well) will be more competitive. let's also not create something as parents that doesn't exist between the kids. A lot of these kids are friends with each other

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is great propaganda for those 2019's who chose St. A's over Chammy or better yet those players who are still thinking about heading over to St Anthony's over their town. Let us not forget about those 2020 either.

Great story line.

Really???? So when the St A varsity spanks the Chammy varsity then what. Sorry to inform you but..Nobody cares about the frashman teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great story line.

Really???? So when the St A varsity spanks the Chammy varsity then what. Sorry to inform you but..Nobody cares about the frashman teams.

You do know this is the 2018 section of BOC and not the high school varsity section don't you? I would think the people who visit this section do care about freshman (2018) teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone get an invite to the great state showdown? Some Usa today partnership with 3d they are promoting for this summer?

$200 try out fee and according to the email, only inviting 50 boys per grade for each state...

I think this may be the first year, but any feed back or experience is helpful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you'll get varied opinions on this, but IMO this is a well marketed money grab for 3d. I am sure it will be a well run event, and I say if it makes sense in your son's schedule than it might make sense and then I think it is several hundred buck more to play in the tournament. Seems really expensive to me which is why we have no interest, and quite frankly I am tired of the 3d $$ machine.

I am sure there will be some college coaches there, but this late in the summer if a kid hasn't made an impact by then, then playing one more time probably won't matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you'll get varied opinions on this, but IMO this is a well marketed money grab for 3d. I am sure it will be a well run event, and I say if it makes sense in your son's schedule than it might make sense and then I think it is several hundred buck more to play in the tournament. Seems really expensive to me which is why we have no interest, and quite frankly I am tired of the 3d $$ machine.

I am sure there will be some college coaches there, but this late in the summer if a kid hasn't made an impact by then, then playing one more time probably won't matter.

Have to agree with you. 200$ to try out? And I thought UA was rediculus at $180! Money grab written all over it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams are playing in the U15 National Championships in Richmond Va, July 23 - July 26?

User
User
THIS SATURDAY 4/11 IS "LAX OUT CANCER" at SWR
If you, your family or a friend have been touched by cancer this is a great way to give back!!!
Food, prizes, vendors, raffles.
A great day of lacrosse to benefit families affected by cancer.
Miller Place vs Shoreham Wading River HS.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=691953687604396&refid=8

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone get an invite to the great state showdown? Some Usa today partnership with 3d they are promoting for this summer?

$200 try out fee and according to the email, only inviting 50 boys per grade for each state...

It is a first, doesn't state only inviting 50 players, the letter states "Congratulations! You have been identified as one of the 50 best players in New [lacrosse]." Does not state anywhere that only 50 players will be invited. Personally, if only 50 players were invited, I would jump at the chance since they probably work with both HS and club coach to identify if the player is truly talented. Yes, we got the letter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
awesome!!! can't wait to hear the first jackass tell me that his kid was named top 50 in our state....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a first, doesn't state only inviting 50 players, the letter states "Congratulations! You have been identified as one of the 50 best players in New [lacrosse]." Does not state anywhere that only 50 players will be invited. Personally, if only 50 players were invited, I would jump at the chance since they probably work with both HS and club coach to identify if the player is truly talented. Yes, we got the letter.

The website seemed pretty clear on this point to me...call me what you like, but we accepted the invite. If more than 50 players in this age are at the try-out, I am getting my $200 back...

Club coach said to his knowledge, only 50 boys will be present.

From Web--
Featuring a state- and grade-based format and an invitational tryout process, the Great State Showdown will bring together the most skilled and dedicated players in each of the competing states. Through extensive research and communication with high school and club coaches across the country, the 50 most promising players, including you, in the 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 graduating classes have been identified and invited to tryout for the chance to represent their respective state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if its only 50 players in the state eligible almost half make the team. pretty good odds. go for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone familiar with "Trilogy High School Aces", just got an invite, looks interesting but haven't heard of this before.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone familiar with "Trilogy High School Aces", just got an invite, looks interesting but haven't heard of this before.

from what I remember with my older son it is for the better students with top D1 and D3 schools in attendance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son received an invitation today it sounds like they are inviting more then 50 players but are closing it at 50 total and my close certain positions first.it states that if the position is filled you can not register and in the e-mail back from them they confirmed 50 kids per grade for tryout of one team - will be interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
interesting ? how?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
interesting ? how?

first year tourney - will top players come out on LI, will top players come out in other regions? will it be like Brine and a lot of fun but not a lot of competition or recruiting, will it be closer to UA for younger kids - should be interesting to see how it plays out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3d usually does a really good job of getting coaches to sit on fields and watch kids play. However, at this point in the summer college coaches are pretty burned out of sitting on lawn chairs and roasting in the sun. If done right this could turn out to be a great event. I just question where it falls in the summer line up and the cost seems way off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Important summer for this age group. Would love to hear thoughts on the best individual showcases in terms of college coaches - Brine which conflicts with Nike Blue Chip? Under Armour? What about this new one that looks like a combined 91/Express event - Run With the Best? Others?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Important summer for this age group. Would love to hear thoughts on the best individual showcases in terms of college coaches - Brine which conflicts with Nike Blue Chip? Under Armour? What about this new one that looks like a combined 91/Express event - Run With the Best? Others?

Run with the Best is another money grab like everything that 91 touches. Way over priced for a 1 day showcase.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maverick
Jake reed
Adrenaline

In that order. Brine is fun, not a recruiting tool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm trying to decide between fab frosh and Maverick select out of New Jersey for the u15 national championship in va. Which one is better for recruiting? I want exposure this summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm trying to decide between fab frosh and Maverick select out of New Jersey for the u15 national championship in va. Which one is better for recruiting? I want exposure this summer

Are you on a team that is going to u 15 in VA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were at the U15 last year in Denver. We did see the DU and Air Force coaches at some of the games since it was in their backyard, but that was about it. I imagine since it is back on the East Coast that there is a chance that more coaches might be there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chamindade freshmen swept St. A's winning 3rd game 12-5 yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chamindade freshmen swept St. A's winning 3rd game 12-5 yesterday.

SO now that the freshmen lacrosse season is coming to an end. Which players that didn't see the field will leave Chaminade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Black Card rosters and schedule released. Everyone gets 4 games and it's a mix or 2018 and 2017 per team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Black Card rosters and schedule released. Everyone gets 4 games and it's a mix or 2018 and 2017 per team.

Where can we find those rosters?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where can we find those rosters?

Posted on their site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Chaminade kids are there because it is right in the middle of the Comps. A shame it was scheduled so early in the summer.

Page 44 of 52 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard