BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Re: 2015 NCAA Womens Lacrosse Scores and News
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Divison 2 Women's Lacrosse

1 Adelphi (18) 10-0 398 1
2 Lock Haven (2) 7-0 382 2
3 Lindenwood 10-0 351 3
4 Le Moyne 10-1 330 5
5 Florida Southern 14-2 326 4
6 Stonehill 12-0 305 7
7 New Haven 8-2 270 6
8 Mercyhurst 9-1 262 8
9 LIU Post 9-2 239 9
10 Rollins 9-3 213 10
11 Limestone 11-2 212 11
12 Regis (Colo.) 9-3 150 15
13 Queens (N.C.) 9-4 147 13
14 Mount Olive 12-2 134 14
15 Seton Hill 7-3 98 16
16 Dowling 8-3 94 17
17 St. Anselm 4-5 73 12
18 Bloomsburg 6-3 72 19
19 West Chester 5-4 56 18
20 Bentley 6-4 46 20

Dropped out: None.

Also receiving votes: Grand Valley State, Pfeiffer, Lenior-Rhyne, Indiana (Pa.).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Divison 3 Women's Lacrosse

1 Trinity (Conn.) (16) 10-1 395 1
2 Middlebury (2) 8-1 378 3
3 Franklin & Marshall (1) 10-1 352 4
4 Colby 9-2 334 2
5 SUNY Cortland (1) 9-1 328 5
6 Salisbury 9-2 306 6
7 Bowdoin 8-2 266 7
8 Gettysburg 9-2 250 9
9 Hamilton 8-2 239 8
10 Tufts 9-2 215 11
11 Washington & Lee 10-2 193 10
12 Amherst 7-3 177 12
13 Catholic 8-2 163 14
14 TCNJ 7-2 145 13
15 [lacrosse] (Pa.) 8-4 98 15
16 Williams 5-4 92 16
17 Messiah 6-4 71 18
18 SUNY Geneseo 6-1 69 17
19 Fredonia 8-2 51 19
20 Springfield 10-2 36 20

Dropped out: None.

Also receiving votes: Mount Union, St Mary's (Md.), Stevens Institute.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A note of caution to any parent considering Marquette for your daughter. The coach is completely incompetent. Your kid will have a miserable experience and end up hating the sport she loves. There a quality kids quitting left and right. Also there is a very subtle pay to play policy in place. It is disgusting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great to see three locals in the top 25 Stony brook, Albany and Hofstra!

Interesting that the top 3 LI girls programs are only sending about 40% of their 16' and 17' early commits to top 25 programs. Shows that teams outside the top 25 are fighting like mad to acquire talent to crack the list. Albany doesn't have a big LI commit for 16 or 17 yet but its still early. Hofstra and Stoney Brook's pipeline looks solid.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A note of caution to any parent considering Marquette for your daughter. The coach is completely incompetent. Your kid will have a miserable experience and end up hating the sport she loves. There a quality kids quitting left and right. Also there is a very subtle pay to play policy in place. It is disgusting.

That's too bad. Is your daughter thinking of transferring? Or is she happy there overall, just not with the lax program?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another nice win for hofstra today go pride

Special thanks to the LI dad with no sleaves wearing camo jacket and hat yesterday at the Hofstra game. I took my kids to go see a college game and had to explain to them that some people were crazy after listening to this dad scream at the refs all day long. So nice to hear him say "you suck ref" - "you are a [lacrosse]" and many other wonderful quotes. If this is how he acts when Hofstra wins, I can't imagine what he is like when they lose.

Funny thing is, he is a YJ dad.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Special thanks to the LI dad with no sleaves wearing camo jacket and hat yesterday at the Hofstra game. I took my kids to go see a college game and had to explain to them that some people were crazy after listening to this dad scream at the refs all day long. So nice to hear him say "you suck ref" - "you are a [lacrosse]" and many other wonderful quotes. If this is how he acts when Hofstra wins, I can't imagine what he is like when they lose.

I wasn't at the game but a family member was and I heard all about that dad and how embarrassed his daughter must have been. He needs to knock off that behavior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

shocking lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

That's too bad. Is your daughter thinking of transferring? Or is she happy there overall, just not with the lax program?

The school is a good one and the kids like it. I know a number of the girls are thinking of transferring or just plain quitting. The problem is lax and school become intertwined. Hard to have a great experience when half your time of the day is miserable.

The problem with the coaches are they have created a junior high school like environment. Very petty. Not conducive to growing girls or building their self confidence. They started out with some good assistants, but that has been a revolving door.

One of the assistants is an aggressive [lacrosse] who is bitter and angry at the world and takes it out on the kids. Very difficult for these girls to cope with that. Head coach only cares about herself and the teams lax power rating. A total narcissistic ego maniac. A girl on the team was sexually assaulted and it was swept under the rug by the coaching staff and administration.

My daughter left the team last year and is leading a much healthier life as a result of it.

Marquette should know better. It is a Jesuit institution that should care about kids instead of treating them like commodities.

Bottom line is there are too many new D 1 lacrosse programs and not enough experienced coaches. Don't let your daughter be a guinea pig for the Marquette coaches to learn. I guarantee it will come at your daughters expense.

If you read some of the coaches press releases you will laugh. They are being blow out of games and she makes it sound as if they are actually close games. One of her strategies is to keep the starters in the whole game after the other team empties their bench. She narrows the score and makes herself look better.

She recruited close to 50 girls to be on the team. Impossible for that many to have a good experience.

Putting this out as a public service . Better to be forewarned of these things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The school is a good one and the kids like it. I know a number of the girls are thinking of transferring or just plain quitting. The problem is lax and school become intertwined. Hard to have a great experience when half your time of the day is miserable.

The problem with the coaches are they have created a junior high school like environment. Very petty. Not conducive to growing girls or building their self confidence. They started out with some good assistants, but that has been a revolving door.

One of the assistants is an aggressive [lacrosse] who is bitter and angry at the world and takes it out on the kids. Very difficult for these girls to cope with that. Head coach only cares about herself and the teams lax power rating. A total narcissistic ego maniac. A girl on the team was sexually assaulted and it was swept under the rug by the coaching staff and administration.

My daughter left the team last year and is leading a much healthier life as a result of it.

Marquette should know better. It is a Jesuit institution that should care about kids instead of treating them like commodities.

Bottom line is there are too many new D 1 lacrosse programs and not enough experienced coaches. Don't let your daughter be a guinea pig for the Marquette coaches to learn. I guarantee it will come at your daughters expense.

If you read some of the coaches press releases you will laugh. They are being blow out of games and she makes it sound as if they are actually close games. One of her strategies is to keep the starters in the whole game after the other team empties their bench. She narrows the score and makes herself look better.

She recruited close to 50 girls to be on the team. Impossible for that many to have a good experience.

My daughter has been considering Marquette. Given that you were once an insider, do you know of a way that we can corroborate this prior to her committing? Not calling you a liar but don't want to base any major decision like this on one person's assessment. We did not get this impression at all from meeting with the coaches. And can I ask why you posted this now if your daughter left last year?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

My daughter has been considering Marquette. Given that you were once an insider, do you know of a way that we can corroborate this prior to her committing? Not calling you a liar but don't want to base any major decision like this on one person's assessment. We did not get this impression at all from meeting with the coaches. And can I ask why you posted this now if your daughter left last year?

You two should make handles here and talk privately so you can speak freely. I did this on another sports forum with a parent whose daughter was recruited to a school where my daughter's coach was making her miserable. We had a lot to talk about.

I think it's okay to share the Marquette info here, it's something other parents may find useful if they are considering Marquette, or even not, it gives one some ideas of what to look at when evaluating a program. Especially when it's your fist kid, there is so much you don't know to consider.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats Coach Smith..

Hempstead, NY - Hofstra University Head Women's Lacrosse Coach Shannon Smith has signed a multi-year contract extension, it was announced by Vice President and Director of Athletics Jeffrey A. Hathaway today.

Smith is currently in the midst of her third season at the helm of the Pride program.

"We are thrilled with the work Shannon has done with our women's lacrosse program since taking over three years ago," commented Hathaway. "Shannon's knowledge of the game of lacrosse, her determination to be the absolute best and her dedication to her team's success in the classroom are traits I have watched first-hand since she joined our department. She has made great strides in a short time here at Hofstra and I am excited about what the future holds for our team. It's a great day for our women's lacrosse program and Hofstra University."

"I want to thank Hofstra President Stuart Rabinowitz, Vice President and Director of Athletics Jeff Hathaway and Deputy Director of Athletics Dino Mattessich for their unbelievable support of the Hofstra Women's Lacrosse program and our student-athletes. I am grateful for the confidence and trust they have in me to continue to lead this program and to provide a great academic and athletic experience for our student-athletes at such a prestigious university."

In less than three seasons, Smith has already led Hofstra to 26 wins. During her tenure in Hempstead, Smith has guided the Pride to appearances in the Colonial Athletic Association Championship tournament in both completed seasons and led the Pride to an appearance in the CAA Championship Game in her first season at the helm. In addition, her first season at Hofstra saw her lead the program to a six-win improvement over the previous campaign.

She has coached senior April Iannetta to back-to-back CAA Defensive Player of the Year Awards, as well as Becky Conto to the 2013 CAA Rookie of the Year Award.
In 2014 Hofstra posted eight wins, while finishing 12th in the nation in scoring defense. Kelsey Gregerson ranked fourth in the country in save percentage and eighth in goals against average. In addition to Iannetta's Defensive Player of the Year trophy, five other players received All-CAA accolades and two (Brittain Altomare and Iannetta) were named to the Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association all-region team.

In her first season at the helm, Smith led the Pride to 11 wins and the berth in the CAA Championship game. The Pride ranked in the top 20 nationally in scoring defense, ground balls per game and caused turnovers. Iannetta shared the CAA Defensive Player of the Year Award, Conto took home CAA Rookie of the Year accolades and Altomare set a new school record for assists under Smith's tutelage.

Smith, a West Babylon, New [lacrosse], native, received her bachelor of science in liberal arts, with a major in economics and minor in business institutions program, from Northwestern in 2012.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is great news for Hofstra!! Congrats!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone describe in simple terms the difference between the TSI rankings and the RPI rankings? Some of the teams are ranked wildly different based on those two systems. The explanations provided on lax power are so confusing to me.
Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone describe in simple terms the difference between the TSI rankings and the RPI rankings? Some of the teams are ranked wildly different based on those two systems. The explanations provided on lax power are so confusing to me.
Thanks

Those really are not rankings, just a computer program trying to quantify. Stick with the polls for ranking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough loss for Stony Brook

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough loss for Stony Brook

two more tough ones coming up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you play a tough schedule there will be tough losses. Only one undefeated left. Notre Dame and Florida haven't lost a game since losing to Stony Brook. So those wins plus the Albany win give them three over top 20 teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kentucky

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You really aren't describing Stony Brooks schedule as tough are you? (

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends who you are comparing their schedule to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends who you are comparing their schedule to.

3 in the top 13 and 5 in the top 20, not too bad for a non-ACC school....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are ahead of a lot of big name schools this year. Don't be a hater if your daughter chose to go to a weaker program.

Good education, Good lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are ahead of a lot of big name schools this year. Don't be a hater if your daughter chose to go to a weaker program.

Stony Brook is not a bargain so please stop making it something it's not.
Campus is quite ugly. Alumni presence is terrible. Endowment is minuscule at $180M (colleges with $90M-$100M are closing their doors and are out of business). Athletics are average all around with low school spirit. Academic programs except medicine are average. We can go on and on.

It's an option for some but by no means is a top school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you know how obnoxious you sound? If your daughter chose a school based on its lacrosse program you are a failure as a parent. Your guru coach is disliked by most of the big coaches not because he has a good program but because he is arrogant and difficult, thats why most of the top tier programs will not play him, hence your easy schedule. They will probably lose to N.W. and may beat Hofstra, but if they lose both they will drop below 15 for sure and will need to beat Albany to assure a spot in the tournament, if not, maybe no at large for S.B. Stony Brook is an ugly campus that reflects the attitude of both it's coach and team parents. I would rather my daughter lose every game in her college career, and get the degree she wants than play for a meaningless championship that does nothing for the players and everything for the coach, while having to spend another 2 to 3 years after there playing years are done at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars to finish her degree. Congratulations S.B. parents, you sold your daughters into debt so you can brag.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A state school starts at $20k without academic or athletic money so I'm not sure debt is the best defense. When kids get 10k for academics and $15k for lax at a $60k school It still costs $35k.

Stony Brook with it's dreary campus offers good academics at an affordable cost. Offering decent lacrosse is new.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you know how obnoxious you sound? If your daughter chose a school based on its lacrosse program you are a failure as a parent. Your guru coach is disliked by most of the big coaches not because he has a good program but because he is arrogant and difficult, thats why most of the top tier programs will not play him, hence your easy schedule. They will probably lose to N.W. and may beat Hofstra, but if they lose both they will drop below 15 for sure and will need to beat Albany to assure a spot in the tournament, if not, maybe no at large for S.B. Stony Brook is an ugly campus that reflects the attitude of both it's coach and team parents. I would rather my daughter lose every game in her college career, and get the degree she wants than play for a meaningless championship that does nothing for the players and everything for the coach, while having to spend another 2 to 3 years after there playing years are done at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars to finish her degree. Congratulations S.B. parents, you sold your daughters into debt so you can brag.

Stop with if you chose a school for lacrosse you are a failure of a parent. Most every travel parent I know is choosing a college based on the PACKAGE. We know some really smart kids commiting to schools that make you scratch your head why? Because of the lacrosse package. Please!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop with if you chose a school for lacrosse you are a failure of a parent. Most every travel parent I know is choosing a college based on the PACKAGE. We know some really smart kids commiting to schools that make you scratch your head why? Because of the lacrosse package. Please!

Stony brook happens to be one of the top math and science schools. Check the facts. So the campus is ugly- so what? Do you choose your team based on uniforms? Do you know how many kids leave good state schools and go on to top notch schools post grad? MANY! To start med school with hardly any debt is a gift! JS is a top coach and this team is on the rise. A bonus- getting to see your kid still play and being able to travel to away games and on vacations because tuition is so affordable! Nothing wrong with state schools! Best kept secret.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did stony brook actually win today vs northwestern? Wow listen for the crickets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did stony brook actually win today vs northwestern? Wow listen for the crickets.

Thats great!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you know how mean you sound? Look it up, instate tuition is a little over $8,000, and out of state is almost $22,000. Add on a great education, great coaches,and great lacrosse. It sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Stony Brook beat NU today, by sheer determination, a lot of heart, great athletes, and extremely good coaching! That's something your mean words cannot take away from them. The SBU program has done so much to add to girls lacrosse on Long Island. The stadium was full of little girls teams coming to watch a really exciting lacrosse program, take down a National Championship team. And afterwards, they asked the players for their autographs. JS and his staff have created a program Long Island can be proud of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you know how mean you sound? Look it up, instate tuition is a little over $8,000, and out of state is almost $22,000. Add on a great education, great coaches,and great lacrosse. It sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Stony Brook beat NU today, by sheer determination, a lot of heart, great athletes, and extremely good coaching! That's something your mean words cannot take away from them. The SBU program has done so much to add to girls lacrosse on Long Island. The stadium was full of little girls teams coming to watch a really exciting lacrosse program, take down a National Championship team. And afterwards, they asked the players for their autographs. JS and his staff have created a program Long Island can be proud of.

JS and "be proud of" shouldn't even be in the same sentence! Other than his winning, which can't be disputed, he's an arrogant jerk, practicing horrible sportsmanship, and teaching terrible life lessons, from college all the way down to the youth level, with his son's team. His behavior, and his players' behavior (college & youth) are a disgrace, and nothing to be proud of!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JS and "be proud of" shouldn't even be in the same sentence! Other than his winning, which can't be disputed, he's an arrogant jerk, practicing horrible sportsmanship, and teaching terrible life lessons, from college all the way down to the youth level, with his son's team. His behavior, and his players' behavior (college & youth) are a disgrace, and nothing to be proud of!!!

Wow! Someone sounds angry! Who was cut, your son or daughter? Maybe both? Not everyone is good enough to compete at a high level. Stop hating one of the best and well respected coaches out there!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! Someone sounds angry! Who was cut, your son or daughter? Maybe both? Not everyone is good enough to compete at a high level. Stop hating one of the best and well respected coaches out there!

Neither, and both play at a high level, and with much more class!!! He is hated by many for good reason. If you were involved closely, you'd understand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly! Let's see, hating on little boys and college girls... what's next grandmas and puppies?! He and his staff have done what others couldn't. I'm very proud to be an SBU fan!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR and the YJ's are hated for the exact same reasons. It comes with being at the top.

I love how the blow hard parents who only care about having their kids verbal commit to the school with the best package offer are now bashing SB after sending their kids to lesser Lacrosse and Academic schools.

SB currently is offering top 10 Lacrosse with bottom 10 tuition pricing, but keep choosing those schools with a $60,000 starting price tag

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can definitely confirm what the poster said. My daughter is still on the team, so I don't want to say too much. All I will say is we lived up to our end of the bargain and the Coaching staff definitely did not. At the beginning of this year they had 50 young ladies on the team and 12 have quit. Yet they are still recruiting more. There is also an improper relationship with the assistant and one of the players. Everyone on the team knows it and it is disgusting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly! Let's see, hating on little boys and college girls... what's next grandmas and puppies?! He and his staff have done what others couldn't. I'm very proud to be an SBU fan!!

What are you talking about? Who's hating on little boys and college girls? Oh, JS is, you're right. I've seen him humiliate both, in his classless, lack of any sportsmanship way. Go ahead, be proud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It Obvious that this Laxstradomus should not quit their day job !
The ones bashing this man are the ones who consistently insist that their kid can play for any program in the country because their kid is that good! The delusional part of it is if your a youth parent or tipping the collegiate parent era , chances are your kid is not that Thoroughbred that JS seeks otherwise they wouldn't be on here Hating away !. Your facts are way off on the debt part as well Really??. Yes it takes a certain type of personality that JS seeks who will put up with his demands and his flaws of personality , BUT his actions speak for himself . Give credit when credit is do ! There are way to many haters out there who cannot admit that maybe there child is not that good , or that coach no matter what his flaws are is one damn good coach !
Or more so could be that many of you parents purchased a ton of NORTHWESTERN apparel and even Hofstra Apparel and being a ugly state school that it is has defeated a team who reigned a LAX era for years deems your opinions , Jump on the bandwagon my friends because this team will only get stronger as he gets that much closer each year to compete for the #1 position. In do time with a few more additions he will complete that task . In the meantime the Red is the New purple !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's obvious that you've never coached against him, or spent time with him. I don't think anybody is questioning his winning. You don't get it, and I can tell from your writing, that you're not very bright. We can agree to disagree, since this is going nowhere.

It Obvious that this Laxstradomus should not quit their day job !
The ones bashing this man are the ones who consistently insist that their kid can play for any program in the country because their kid is that good! The delusional part of it is if your a youth parent or tipping the collegiate parent era , chances are your kid is not that Thoroughbred that JS seeks otherwise they wouldn't be on here Hating away !. Your facts are way off on the debt part as well Really??. Yes it takes a certain type of personality that JS seeks who will put up with his demands and his flaws of personality , BUT his actions speak for himself . Give credit when credit is do ! There are way to many haters out there who cannot admit that maybe there child is not that good , or that coach no matter what his flaws are is one damn good coach !
Or more so could be that many of you parents purchased a ton of NORTHWESTERN apparel and even Hofstra Apparel and being a ugly state school that it is has defeated a team who reigned a LAX era for years deems your opinions , Jump on the bandwagon my friends because this team will only get stronger as he gets that much closer each year to compete for the #1 position. In do time with a few more additions he will complete that task . In the meantime the Red is the New purple !

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard