BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 38 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 37 38
Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
This should surprise anyone. LI dominates the college scene. About 15% of all D1 mens lacrosse players are from LI. The only thing that I saw as a college player that made the Balti teams better was superior coaching and long standing lacrosse traditions. Long Island has more kids and better athletes. Plus, Long Island kids are not afraid to take the body!! The club scene has helped to make our HS programs stronger.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've got to think God roots for Chaminade being that the St. A's boys have been inappropriately taught to pray in a three-point stance as opposed traditional kneeling preached at Chaminade...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whitman beats Pat Med 8-2- not impressive.

Goalie with 21 saves 2 goals against, thats impressive.

lets talk about Whitman after they play East (Smithtown and Hills)

Their schedule is full of Jv caliber teams. 8 of the 13 games left should not be a challenge. (Your season comes down to Smtithown East / west, Hills East, WI, Northport not your fault sect 11's)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by tennesseejed
This should surprise anyone. LI dominates the college scene. About 15% of all D1 mens lacrosse players are from LI. The only thing that I saw as a college player that made the Balti teams better was superior coaching and long standing lacrosse traditions. Long Island has more kids and better athletes. Plus, Long Island kids are not afraid to take the body!! The club scene has helped to make our HS programs stronger.

Where did you find this stat Jed, would be interesting to see how the game is spreading at the college level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've got to think God roots for Chaminade being that the St. A's boys have been inappropriately taught to pray in a three-point stance as opposed traditional kneeling preached at Chaminade...

That was cute
I like that!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hey Anon, I got it from InsideLacrosse. It has been posted on here as well.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[url=http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/coughlin-2014-analysis-of-lacrosse-s-hotbeds-and-geography/28964][/url]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's wrong with Smithtown West and their schedule?

They seem to be ducking some of the early heavyweights on their schedule(Bronxville & Garden City)...maybe they are not ready.

I know snow, cold, locusts, fire, etc. Some day they gotta play and show what they have.

Keep on playing the cupcakes - then claim to be the best.

The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
What's wrong with Smithtown West and their schedule?

They seem to be ducking some of the early heavyweights on their schedule(Bronxville & Garden City)...maybe they are not ready.

I know snow, cold, locusts, fire, etc. Some day they gotta play and show what they have.

Keep on playing the cupcakes - then claim to be the best.

Which teams are on your list for quality competition? Who are they playing in the near future that will test them?

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well thought out post on Smithtown West. I like the insight and analysis. Thank you

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset beats Port in an amazing game played by both teams 12 to 11

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Score of Syosset vs Port Washington was 11 to 10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset - regular season lion, playoff lamb. Will be interesting to see if this year is different or more of the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good matchup thursday- Massapequa plays GC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset - regular season lion, playoff lamb. Will be interesting to see if this year is different or more of the same.

not sure what you are talking about? they are not regular season lions or playoff lambs - they generally finish the playoffs about where you would expect them, two upset losses and one upset win in the recent past - the rest were about were you would expect them. in the last 10 years they average 12.4 wins and 5.6 losses, they play a pretty strong out of league schedule and the in league schedule is what it is. In the last 10 years they have won 4 county championships and were state runner ups once. By no means a dynasty but also not chumps. you are what your record says you are and they are on average a 12 win 5 loss team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i am not a syosset fan but they are playing well and only have pequa to beat until the playoffs (which is a free for all)- their parents are probably a bit too excited but let them enjoy the moment - i really doubt u want to be undefeated heading into playoffs - imo suffolk has the the best teams but they tend to choke - i think the owls are legit and csh has no one to play until the state finals so who cares about C - we need a super league because outside of 1 or 2 league games and OOC games the season is a waste of time until the playoffs ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i am not a syosset fan but they are playing well and only have pequa to beat until the playoffs (which is a free for all)- their parents are probably a bit too excited but let them enjoy the moment - i really doubt u want to be undefeated heading into playoffs - imo suffolk has the the best teams but they tend to choke - i think the owls are legit and csh has no one to play until the state finals so who cares about C - we need a super league because outside of 1 or 2 league games and OOC games the season is a waste of time until the playoffs ...

Agreed! Nassau A never has more than 4 decent teams and at least 6 horrendous teams. Super LI league would be great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look out for Calhoun. There is a new team in the mix.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for the Colts...but ease down a bit, Wantagh seems to have fallen off the map since their 2012 year...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM beat up on Sachem North last night...16-7

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh lost one of the islands best attack players ever to graduation. don't know how he's doing down in philly but he's HOF
by any measurement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa 6 GC 3. Pequa D and goalie were exceptional.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip lost to Carey 7-6 (2 OT)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
O fers.

Of the 5 teams that have not recorded their first win which team has the best chance to make the playoffs.

copiague
brentwood
deer park
pat med
West bab

anyone surprised with any of the 6 undefeated teams.

WM
Smit E
Smit W
Quot
Hills East
Whit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the o-fers in Nassau are just about right. No surprises there. Wasn't sure with Suffolk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WHERE IS Carey?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Whitman

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Carey is in Franklin Square

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WHERE IS Carey?

If wise [lacrosse] comment really, if off island Closer to queens than Garden City.

West islip lost 2 early game last year and a few others and still was able to make it far.

Wouldhave been nie to see Hewlett and Carey play in season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WHERE IS Carey?

If wise [lacrosse] comment really, if off island Closer to queens than Garden City.

West islip lost 2 early game last year and a few others and still was able to make it far.

It's hard to convey your thoughts when you can't come close to having a basic command of the English language.

The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

WHERE IS Carey?

Lighten up Francis!!

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Carey is the football town slowly learning to play lacrosse
They got some athletes. Haven't lost a football game in 2 years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will that 2021 Franklin Square team go to Carey. They had been pretty good on the town circuit. That gives the School some promise in the future. up and coming

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to HS sports. In my district you pay your coaches to play on a travel team during the summer and in return they play 9th graders in the last few minutes of a game over upper classman who have waited for their opportunity to play. Coaches of today want loyalty, but perhaps they should remember to return that loyalty to their players. What happened to waiting your turn or earning your spot. I have no problem with young players playing if they are truly better then the older ones, but let the kids play when the time is right!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to HS sports. In my district you pay your coaches to play on a travel team during the summer and in return they play 9th graders in the last few minutes of a game over upper classman who have waited for their opportunity to play. Coaches of today want loyalty, but perhaps they should remember to return that loyalty to their players. What happened to waiting your turn or earning your spot. I have no problem with young players playing if they are truly better then the older ones, but let the kids play when the time is right!!

Regarding playing time...many dos and do nots regarding addressing this topic with coach. Any suggestions re asking why play time diminishing when being replaced by players with less results in game ( number of teammates questioned sidelined player about why not starting...are you injured, sick, miss practice?). Any suggestions for the player (other than work harder etc) ? best way to approach coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So someone just came on here to give props to the 2021 franklin square team? Dad you know they are going to Carey. Lol you people are a joke on this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen brother. HS lax should to at least some degree be about creating memories, especially for the Seniors who have toiled away for years with very little reward. In a game already decided, would it kill a coach to get his bench riding seniors a couple of thrills for the years of commitment? Especially the Seniors who have been loyal to the coach's summer program when there are so many better club options that he could have played for. The 9th graders have plenty of time left and I have yet to see too many 9th graders who are better than seniors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So someone just came on here to give props to the 2021 franklin square team? Dad you know they are going to Carey. Lol you people are a joke on this site.

Not a joke looks into the future. Wish more HS coaches did that. Not from FS either but another town that played them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
speaking of future ,.....and I know its off subject ........ will the people who insist on saying that their kid is being recruited when they go to a prospect camp, please be honest. its a chance to see a school, play a little lax and say hello to coach. just because you were invited to a prospect day means nada. its a group mailing from some list you are on and that's it. seriously, not to burst your bubble but maybe its time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
speaking of future ,.....and I know its off subject ........ will the people who insist on saying that their kid is being recruited when they go to a prospect camp, please be honest. its a chance to see a school, play a little lax and say hello to coach. just because you were invited to a prospect day means nada. its a group mailing from some list you are on and that's it. seriously, not to burst your bubble but maybe its time.

ok

Page 15 of 38 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard