BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Re: 2015 NCAA Womens Lacrosse Scores and News
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the NCAA men's thread?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The two top polls are media poll and coaches poll. Love the way the locals Hofstra and SB are representing. Yes right now SB is a top ranked team and really playing well beating Notre Dame and Florida but I also think Hofstra will make noise in the CAA how fantastic would it be with both LI teams in NCAA. As far as polls go its interesting to note that teams SOS and RPI are the most important numbers not a poll (found on laxpower). With HS season revving up this is a great time of the year

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happened to the NCAA men's thread?

Nothing happened to it. No recent posts as the attention seems to be on Womens college lax for some reason. Feel free to post on the Mens thread. I will bring it to the front for ya.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks! I couldn't find it and I really can't believe it wasn't lighting up with the big Syracuse win over Duke!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syrwacuse ranked 7? wow nepotism at its worst

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

how is that nepotism?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gaits daughter a starter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

how is that nepotism?

his daughter plays

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

how is that nepotism?

his daughter plays

I did not know that. Yikes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I still dont get how their ranking has anything to do with nepotism?

Her dad and uncle weren’t to shabby as players maybe she inherited something

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First year playing - redshirted last year
She's not a bad player at all- the best on the team
Who knows- but her being a starter how do you think
That impacts the attitude of the other players
When has syracuse been so low in pols ?
Maybe coincidence maybe not
The assistant coach daughter also in on the team
Just don't think having your kid on the team is
Necessarily the best thing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First year playing - redshirted last year
She's not a bad player at all- the best on the team
Who knows- but her being a starter how do you think
That impacts the attitude of the other players
When has syracuse been so low in pols ?
Maybe coincidence maybe not
The assistant coach daughter also in on the team
Just don't think having your kid on the team is
Necessarily the best thing

Yeah, you're probably right. Just ask John Danowski, Bill Tierney, Richie Moran & John Desko. I'm sure their players hated having their sons on the rosters.

As for the coaches daughter in question, she's battled back from numerous knee injuries/surgeries (reason for red-shirting) and remains one of the fastest girls on the team.

Nepotism? You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Division 1 Polls 3/30/15

1 Maryland (20) 10-0 400 1
2 North Carolina 10-2 362 3
3 Boston College 10-1 354 2
4 Virginia 8-4 341 5
5 Duke 10-1 327 6
6 Northwestern 6-3 306 4
7 Syracuse 8-4 281 7
8 Florida 8-4 249 8
9 Stony Brook 9-0 210 12
10 Louisville 8-3 208 10
11 Penn 8-1 175 14
12 Penn State 8-3 173 15
13 Stanford 5-1 171 9
14 James Madison 8-3 165 13
15 Princeton 7-2 115 11
16 Loyola Maryland 7-4 103 16
17 Notre Dame 6-5 81 17
18 Ohio State 10-2 71 18
19 Albany 8-1 58 19
20 Johns Hopkins 8-2 27 20
Dropped out: None.

Also receiving votes: Massachusetts, Delaware, Cornell.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Division 2 Polls 3/30/15

1 Adelphi (20) 9-0 400 1
2 Lock Haven 5-0 377 2
3 Lindenwood 8-0 358 3
4 Florida Southern 12-2 336 5
5 Le Moyne 8-1 322 4
6 New Haven 7-1 292 6
7 Stonehill 9-0 275 8
8 Mercyhurst 7-1 259 7
9 LIU Post 8-2 229 10
10 Rollins 8-3 228 9
11 Limestone 10-1 212 11
12 St. Anselm 4-3 153 12
13 Queens (N.C.) 8-4 139 13
14 Mount Olive 11-2 123 15
15 Regis (Colo.) 8-2 122 14
16 Seton Hill 6-2 108 18
17 Dowling 7-2 66 17
18 West Chester 4-3 56 16
19 Bloomsburg 5-2 42 20
20 Bentley 4-4 39 19

Also receiving votes: Pfeiffer, Grand Valley State, Indiana (Pa.), Belmont Abbey, Assumption.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Divison 3 Polls 3/30/15

1 Trinity (Conn.) (8) 8-1 384 2
2 Colby (3) 9-1 357 3
3 Middlebury (3) 7-1 354 4
4 Franklin & Marshall (2) 8-1 351 1
5 SUNY Cortland (2) 6-1 313 6
6 Salisbury (1) 7-2 297 10
7 Bowdoin 6-2 281 5
8 Hamilton (1) 8-1 272 7
9 Gettysburg 7-2 249 8
10 Washington & Lee 8-2 207 9
11 Tufts 7-2 199 11
12 Amherst 5-3 157 12
13 TCNJ 5-2 149 14
14 Catholic 7-2 133 13
15 [lacrosse] (Pa.) 7-3 113 15
16 Williams 5-2 109 20
17 SUNY Geneseo 5-0 88 16
18 Messiah 5-4 64 18
19 Fredonia 6-2 36 NR
20 Springfield 8-2 20 NR
Dropped out: No. 17 St. John Fisher, No. 19 Dickinson.

Also receiving votes: St. Mary's (Md.), St. John Fisher, Mount Union, Nazareth, Dickinson.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Great work Baldbear! BOTC appreciates your effort.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
This Saturday has some great games for lacrosse fans.

D1 matches to watch--

Albany vs Stony Brook
Duke vs BC
NC vs Louisville
ND vs VA

D3 matches to watch--

Middlebury vs Colby
Hamilton vs Trinity
SUNY Geneseo vs SUNY Cortland

A lot, if not all, can be streamed. Go through the school's webpage to get the link.

(If I missed one let me know)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well there's 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back!!

What is wrong with many of you people? I started to read this thread because my daughter is a sophomore on a Top 24 D1 Program who played on a extremely solid HS program. I thought I would be reading about her and the dozens and dozens of girls from Long Island that play in NCAA Division 1, 2 and 3. Girls that my daughter played with and against, that have gone on to play in schools that fit them. many having achieved great success between the lines and in the classrooms.

THAT IS WHAT WE SHOULD BE POSTING AND READING ABOUT! I think that manny of you who have daughter that play this great game would me embarrassed about what is written here.

The thread starts out like other threads ... Club fighting and ends up as a Pro-SB vs. Anti-SB!!

Not a single one of the several thousand talented young ladies are going to play lacrosse for a living!! They are playing a sport that they grew up loving at the highest level they can achieve.. Every single one of those players on every roster from #1 Maryland to #107 Gardener-Webb deserves respect and admiration for the amount of work and dedication they put into the sport they love as well as carry a full load of college courses.

I missed only a handful of games through all the years watching my daughter play lacrosse through youth, Middle School, Club and High School. It kills me to "watch" games on Live Stats!!

Enjoy this time watching your daughters play the game they love, because it will be over before you know it!!!

My two cents. Let the bashing of me begin.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

What is wrong with many of you people? I started to read this thread because my daughter is a sophomore on a Top 24 D1 Program who played on a extremely solid HS program. I thought I would be reading about her and the dozens and dozens of girls from Long Island that play in NCAA Division 1, 2 and 3. Girls that my daughter played with and against, that have gone on to play in schools that fit them. many having achieved great success between the lines and in the classrooms.

THAT IS WHAT WE SHOULD BE POSTING AND READING ABOUT! I think that manny of you who have daughter that play this great game would me embarrassed about what is written here.

The thread starts out like other threads ... Club fighting and ends up as a Pro-SB vs. Anti-SB!!

Not a single one of the several thousand talented young ladies are going to play lacrosse for a living!! They are playing a sport that they grew up loving at the highest level they can achieve.. Every single one of those players on every roster from #1 Maryland to #107 Gardener-Webb deserves respect and admiration for the amount of work and dedication they put into the sport they love as well as carry a full load of college courses.

I missed only a handful of games through all the years watching my daughter play lacrosse through youth, Middle School, Club and High School. It kills me to "watch" games on Live Stats!!

Enjoy this time watching your daughters play the game they love, because it will be over before you know it!!!

Well said and thanks for your "2 cents".

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for your input. Don't let them get you down. Enjoy watching your daughter and her friends play.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Great post! No bashing from me. I was lucky to be able to see all of my daughter's middle school, high school and collegiate games (and she did not play locally) and feel extremely fortunate that I could.

I hear you about Stony Brook (and to a certain degree Hofstra). I admit even I get into that fray at times. There are a lot of LI student/athletes on our local teams and you seem to get a carry-over from high school and club. Hey, I didn't think Stony Brook would crack the top ten and now they have!

Most comments on the site are anonymous and folks, understandably, don't want to post a "look what my daughter did" comment. So what I will try to do, and I make no promises, is to try and find game accomplishments by local kids and post them. Understand I will be scouring game stats so it will be a numbers game--sorry defense!! But I'll try to grab some GB stats!!

Womens lacrosse is a great sport and college playing is virtually the end for a vast majority of the girls. Enjoy it while you can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
This Saturday has some great games for lacrosse fans.

D1 matches to watch--

Albany vs Stony Brook
Duke vs BC
NC vs Louisville
ND vs VA

D3 matches to watch--

Middlebury vs Colby
Hamilton vs Trinity
SUNY Geneseo vs SUNY Cortland

A lot, if not all, can be streamed. Go through the school's webpage to get the link.

(If I missed one let me know)

The Albany vs Stony Brook game is in Stony Brook - many could get to see this game live! smile

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by baldbear

Great post! No bashing from me. I was lucky to be able to see all of my daughter's middle school, high school and collegiate games (and she did not play locally) and feel extremely fortunate that I could.

I hear you about Stony Brook (and to a certain degree Hofstra). I admit even I get into that fray at times. There are a lot of LI student/athletes on our local teams and you seem to get a carry-over from high school and club. Hey, I didn't think Stony Brook would crack the top ten and now they have!

Most comments on the site are anonymous and folks, understandably, don't want to post a "look what my daughter did" comment. So what I will try to do, and I make no promises, is to try and find game accomplishments by local kids and post them. Understand I will be scouring game stats so it will be a numbers game--sorry defense!! But I'll try to grab some GB stats!!

Womens lacrosse is a great sport and college playing is virtually the end for a vast majority of the girls. Enjoy it while you can.

Aw, c'mon Baldbear. Defenders finally have stats recorded in college and you're not going to include them??? I'm ribbing you because I know full well that I am very welcome to do my own research and laud any defenders who deserve it. grin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm the original author of the "30 minutes I'll never get back".

I wanted to amend my comments on 1 point. I mentioned "#1 Maryland to #107 Gardener-Webb".

It should have been written: "#1 Maryland to #107 Gardener-Webb"; "#1 Adelphi to #117 Felician" and #1 Cortland to #270 Bay Path".

It way midnight after a long day! And Baldbear, an old coach told me once, "Offense Wins Games, Defense Wins Championships"!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

I wanted to amend my comments on 1 point. I mentioned "#1 Maryland to #107 Gardener-Webb".

It should have been written: "#1 Maryland to #107 Gardener-Webb"; "#1 Adelphi to #117 Felician" and #1 Cortland to #270 Bay Path".

It way midnight after a long day! And Baldbear, an old coach told me once, "Offense Wins Games, Defense Wins Championships"!

I know full well. My daughter was a defender.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now it is on a tee shirt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great win by Hofstra women tonight...13 to 8 over James Madison...a top 20 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've been to nearly every home game for both out Long Island D1 teams and last nights Hofstra games was the best game I've seen this year. bA was face guarded for the vast majority of the game and still managed to rack up 5 points. Unbelievable talent. Let's hope for a great game tonight at Stony Brook and another tomorrow afternoon at Hofstra.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
No. 5 Duke knocks off No. 3 Boston College, 13-8, to move to 12-1 on the season and 5-1 in ACC. Great battle by both sides. Bc's Mikaela Rix injured and had to leave game early on. Interested to see the upcoming rankings.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook is the real deal, it's what happens when you have a quality coach, also evident in the youth and professional lax teams he coaches. Very impressive!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
No. 5 Duke knocks off No. 3 Boston College, 13-8, to move to 12-1 on the season and 5-1 in ACC. Great battle by both sides. Bc's Mikaela Rix injured and had to leave game early on. Interested to see the upcoming rankings.

ILW didn't offer any details on the injury. Anyone see it? Did she leave for precautionary reasons or is it serious?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i was there ... it was a cheap shot body check that whiplashed her to the ground ... the game was stopped for over 20 minutes ... ambulance onto field and she was put on a body board. Heard later on that it sounds like she might be ok ... hopefully it was being very careful, but it was a scary situation. Duke was incredibly rough with wild cross checks etc, and the refs let it get out of hand.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I was kind of watching the SBU/Albany game online. What happened with the four yellows near the end? Three to players and one to the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two albany players both payed out a SB player and their coach went nuts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i was there ... it was a cheap shot body check that whiplashed her to the ground ... the game was stopped for over 20 minutes ... ambulance onto field and she was put on a body board. Heard later on that it sounds like she might be ok ... hopefully it was being very careful, but it was a scary situation. Duke was incredibly rough with wild cross checks etc, and the refs let it get out of hand.

I was watching Ohio State vs Penn State yesterday and couldn't stop wondering why the refs do not enforce the horizontal stick to body rule in college?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was watching Ohio State vs Penn State yesterday and couldn't stop wondering why the refs do not enforce the horizontal stick to body rule in college?

The injury to Rix was more of a hip check/leg whip kind of thing ... the Duke girl got beat and she threw her body into her ... should have clearly been a red card but only got yellow ... there was a cross check a few minutes before that where a BC girl was getting around Duke defender and the cross check came up under BC girls arm to her ribs and literally lifted her of the ground and sent her crashing to the turf ... you could hear the crack of the contact in the stands ... The game is hard to call, but the lack of qualified refs even at this high level, is astounding ... something has to be done between simplifying the rules, and finding better referees. Something really bad is going to happen soon, hopefully it didn't just happen yesterday to one of the best players in the world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yet the solution that US Lacrosse is exploring is a standard for girls' helmets, which will only invite more contact and give the refs more latitude. please wake up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another nice win for hofstra today go pride

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another nice win for hofstra today go pride

Special thanks to the LI dad with no sleaves wearing camo jacket and hat yesterday at the Hofstra game. I took my kids to go see a college game and had to explain to them that some people were crazy after listening to this dad scream at the refs all day long. So nice to hear him say "you suck ref" - "you are a [lacrosse]" and many other wonderful quotes. If this is how he acts when Hofstra wins, I can't imagine what he is like when they lose.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Divison I Women's Lacrosse

1 Maryland (20) 12-0 400 1
2 North Carolina 11-2 373 2
3 Duke 12-1 355 5
4 Boston College 11-2 345 3
5 Northwestern 8-3 307 6
6 Virginia 9-5 290 4
7 Syracuse 9-4 285 7
8 Florida 9-4 264 8
9 Stony Brook 11-0 232 9
10 Penn 9-2 196 11
11 Louisville 9-4 187 10
12 Penn State 9-3 183 12
13 Notre Dame 7-5 167 17
14 Princeton 8-2 129 15
15 Stanford 7-2 126 13
16 James Madison 9-4 91 14
17 Loyola Maryland 9-4 87 16
18 Ohio State 10-3 80 18
19 Albany (N.Y.) 9-2 48 19
20 Johns Hopkins 9-2 28 20

Also receiving votes: Cornell, Massachusetts, Delaware, Hofstra.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard