BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 111 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, another chammy parent that cares nothing for lax...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many Syosset players are going D1 next year ? How many are at D1 schools now making an impact or even getting playing time ? You make it sound like every freshmen because they get moved up automatically go D1. How many freshmen at Syosset are committed D1 players ?

nobody is comparing the two schools, both are excellent and both are very different - I would say if Chaminade is trying to compare itself to anyone it should be comparing themselves to Boys Latin and Malverne Prep ect. If the best argument they can make is that they are a little better then a public school then they have lost their way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who said we don't care. Of course we care but we also want our kids to have choices of where they will spend the next 4 years. We don't have to jump at the first D1 School that shows a little bit of interest and commit even though your kid knows nothing about the school or what he wants to do in life. Just so you can pat yourself on the back and say my kid is committed. What second thoughts no way he is committed. Coach is gone since my kid committed so what my kid is committed. Dont have the program my son wants to study. No problem he will give that up and be a psychology major he is committed. He is going to make it to the pros play for the Lizards and make $3500 a game and live in my basement. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.
My kid applied to 12 schools he was (he was interested in) and got accepted to all and 8 of those schools want him to play lacrosse. Yes he applied to a few that don't have D1 programs only club (now). HE has a decision to make and lots of choices. Thank you Chaminade
Go ahead start bashing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many Syosset players are going D1 next year ? How many are at D1 schools now making an impact or even getting playing time ? You make it sound like every freshmen because they get moved up automatically go D1. How many freshmen at Syosset are committed D1 players ?

You really want to compare to Chaminade

When exactly was the last time Syosset boys lacrosse won anything? They are forever a pretender - a lot of blow hard talk but no trophies to back it up. Just an average program at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No comparing the worth of sitting on bench for four years as opposite to playing for years and getting the touches

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who said we don't care. Of course we care but we also want our kids to have choices of where they will spend the next 4 years. We don't have to jump at the first D1 School that shows a little bit of interest and commit even though your kid knows nothing about the school or what he wants to do in life. Just so you can pat yourself on the back and say my kid is committed. What second thoughts no way he is committed. Coach is gone since my kid committed so what my kid is committed. Dont have the program my son wants to study. No problem he will give that up and be a psychology major he is committed. He is going to make it to the pros play for the Lizards and make $3500 a game and live in my basement. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.
My kid applied to 12 schools he was (he was interested in) and got accepted to all and 8 of those schools want him to play lacrosse. Yes he applied to a few that don't have D1 programs only club (now). HE has a decision to make and lots of choices. Thank you Chaminade
Go ahead start bashing
Go ahead start bashing

Well said.
One could say that it would be wise to committ to a school that HAS what YOU need rather than committ to a school that NEEDS what YOU have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really want to compare to Chaminade

Who really cares? Set the bar a bit higher than who is getting playing time in college

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go ahead start bashing

Congratulations to your son! No bashing from me, just happy for your kid. I think the bashing generally comes because chammy--like all other schools public or private--have a bell curve when it comes to parents.

Most, like you, want nothing but the best for their kids but of course, chammy has a bunch of nut job parents that tend to think they are better than everyone else...No different in our public school or any other school for that matter.

Again, congratulations to your son, his hard work is commendable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
always fun to see someone respond to themselves!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to your son - I am confused about your rant regarding 9th and 10th grade commits because Chaminade has a lot of them - are you saying it is bad to commit early or that only Chaminade kids/parents that commit early are actually weighing all of the pros and cons to their decision. There are a lot of strong schools on LI and Cham is one of many. I think most people would agree with that statement. The real issue is the arrogance and moral authority that many Chaminade supporters are perceived to exhibit.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
always fun to see someone respond to themselves!!!

Please feel free to check with the Hop or larry m. I was not the original poster but did in fact write the follow up congratulating the original poster's son...

You clearly fall on the edges of the bell curve into the nutty parent category.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not against an early commit if it is the right fit and not just so a parent can brag to BOTC or Inside Lacrosse. If you really want to break it down an early commit means nothing other than a gentlemen's agreement. Kid still has to finish school get good grades score well on SAT's and not get in any trouble or a coach can rescind the offer at any time. All depending on what school we are talking about. Nothing is done until acceptance letter is received and papers are signed. Then there is the financial side. Except for the very very few who get a pass because of talent (every coach gets a couple of free passes) most are sweating out until the very end

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade dropped out of the top 20 on the rankings. St. Anthony plays number 1 ranked Haverford 4/4 Outcome will be telling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Anthony's also plays #6 Episcopal Academy 4/2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Anthony's also plays #6 Episcopal Academy 4/2

Yeah, saw that too. Some great matchups! Now that's a challenging schedule !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthonys next 5 games are against:

Episcapol
Haverford
Delbarton
Chaminade
Niscayuna

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Episcapol
Haverford
Delbarton
Chaminade
Niscayuna

The first three will be great to see how St A. Compares to the top teams. Last two will not be close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
clearly the longer u wait the better chance of making the right decision but u risk losing ur spot to the next kid -many (not all) of the top schools use 10-11 spots on young commits and keep 1-2 spots for misses a year or 2 later - early commits are playing the odds IMO - even older hs players make wrong decisions - calling out young players for committing is taking blame off of the D1 coaches - they have changed the way the game is played and players are responding to the best odds for the the best school they can perhaps attend - if i commit to an ivy and do not get in then i suspect another strong school will be waiting in the wings just not A IVY......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hauppague looks like the real deal

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Episcapol
Haverford
Delbarton
Chaminade
Niscayuna

2-3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Episcapol
Haverford
Delbarton
Chaminade
Niscayuna

2-3

Loss to Episcopal, Loss to Haverford, win vs Delbarton, loss to Chaminade, win Niscayuna. 2-3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Episcapol
Haverford
Delbarton
Chaminade
Niscayuna

2-3

Loss to Episcopal, Loss to Haverford, win vs Delbarton, loss to Chaminade, win Niscayuna. 2-3.

Loss to Chaminade? Now that's the funniest thing I heard all day! Chaminade sGould Thank God they don't play St. A'a schedule, would be super embarrassing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. As won't win, but definitely in the game with Haveford. Great effort!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What an awesome day at Chaminade! So great to see kids competing hard on both sides, camraderie and class from the coaches and the fans. Truly a great event and a wonderful way for both schools to honor the memory of Jimmy Regan. Fantastic job by both programs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a great day of lax - a rare tripleheader as the freshmen team played Fairfield Prep and JV/Varsity played Manhasset. Great weather, great crowd and a great cause with some great lax talent on display all day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a great day of lax - a rare tripleheader as the freshmen team played Fairfield Prep and JV/Varsity played Manhasset. Great weather, great crowd and a great cause with some great lax talent on display all day.

What was the score of the Manhasset/Chaminade JV game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10-3 Chaminade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not only was it a great day for a great cause but DUKE University (Regan attended and graduated from ) also wore the shirts and hats in support during their game against UVA which was on ESPNU.

Unfortuantely Newsday did not feel the need to cover the game in anyway shape or form. Was there a better game with a better cause going on somewhere on LI we did not know about

Not even a box score

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Box score is on the coaches to report!! Newsday does not send teams of reporters to HS games. They rely on the coaches for scores, stats and feedback. Certainly a newsworthy cause and event though!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not only was it a great day for a great cause but DUKE University (Regan attended and graduated from ) also wore the shirts and hats in support during their game against UVA which was on ESPNU.

Unfortuantely Newsday did not feel the need to cover the game in anyway shape or form. Was there a better game with a better cause going on somewhere on LI we did not know about

Not even a box score

Newsday is the most biased unscrupulous tabloid we have. just look at today's cover.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i agree. if there was/is ever a newsworthy sporting event warranting coverage it would be the Reegs Rock game. I isn't to glorify Chaminade or 'Sett. its to honor thru charity event our fallen. doesn't fit newsday political agenda

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M

Not even a box score

Newsday is the most biased unscrupulous tabloid we have. just look at today's cover.

They have same news every other publication in the country has!! You might not like it, buts it's news!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you guys are taking a shot at Newsday yet I am on this site every day and did not know about the game. I went two years ago when it was at Manhasset but did not know about it this year, If you people with kids that go to Chaminade did not think it was important enough to post something on here how can you expect Newsday to care?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you guys are taking a shot at Newsday yet I am on this site every day and did not know about the game. I went two years ago when it was at Manhasset but did not know about it this year, If you people with kids that go to Chaminade did not think it was important enough to post something on here how can you expect Newsday to care?

Newsday deserves it. Last I checked, most people do not get their news, even lacrosse, from this site. for the most part it's anonymous, remember.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M

Not even a box score

They have same news every other publication in the country has!! You might not like it, buts it's news!!

you obviously only read Newsday because that is not true. they might have the same news but it's slanted toward their obvious biases. no thanks. we can get back to Chaminade. that's what we are here for. couldn't resist the jab. check out some other publications. you might be surprised what is actually happening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the problem is the "real world". Why shouldn't young men grow up in a principled, ethical, moral environment that makes them good adults. The problem is that people accept the way the "real world" is and rather than having principles, they succumb to the base, immoral thought processes which have adults treating each other and their children so poorly on this site. Someone told me about it...just had to see it to believe it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy ready to show the Midlantics who the real and soon to be newly annointed #1 team is. Only wish 91 A teams was going to be there as well. Ready to give those teams and the parents a real taste of LI ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
someone lost? this is the Chaminade thread...begone...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you talking about ??
Legacy ready to show the Midlantics who the real and soon to be newly annointed #1 team is. Only wish 91 A teams was going to be there as well. Ready to give those teams and the parents a real taste of LI ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What age group are you saying legacy is number one team in????

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 111 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard