BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Re: Girls 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lot's of M&D talk on here...and I know YJ top team at this age is very good. What are the other top teams at 2021?

M&D lost to MD United today at the fall uprising in maryland, so lets not call them the greatest team ever just yet

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lot's of M&D talk on here...and I know YJ top team at this age is very good. What are the other top teams at 2021?

M&D lost to MD United today at the fall uprising in maryland, so lets not call them the greatest team ever just yet

There are several very good 2021 teams in Maryland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D 2021 parent here. Congrats to MD United East on a well deserved "Brave Heart" OT championship today!

I am sure our teams will play a number of games over the years and may they all be as hard fought as this one was.

Maryland is loaded with talent at this age level and this weekend's tournament proves that point.

Good luck to all in the coming weeks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D had this game in hand and let it slip away at end losing in a braveheart. Should have milked away the last few minutes instead of trying to add to lead. MD United played tough. Personally think bravehearts are a ridiculous way to decide a championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can twist it however you want. The reality is, it's not a YJ team, not a TG team. Not playing politics and sucking up to CR or SS. Going in under YJ was because a number of the kids had already registered as YJ. No big deception or political plot. Just some kids/parents that are good friends and like to play lacrosse together. It has nothing to do with showing off any one kids abilities. They're just out to have fun as the game was intended.

I am sure it was that innocent. However, who decided on which 2021 YJ got shipped to a 2020 team, CR, Coach M, did he have input? The end result were several current 2021 YJ Blue and Gold players feeling really left out in the 2020 world. Not a nice thing to do to your teammates.

The best played for crossfire. The rest played with 2020, that's it simple. End the conversation.

Are a lot of the best players from the 2 towns Crossfire originates from? Yes
Do all but 2 players that travelled to MD play for them usually ? Yes
Did YJ's not have enough in the 2021 age group to form a team? Yes
Did a lot of girls get to play lax? Yes
Do you play with people other than your normal team when you sign up for any YJ fall tournament? Yes

Do the girls who played up belong on blue? No

Sad days 2021 parents. Friends and Family alive and well, Might be your kid left out next time. YJ had plenty of 2021 registered on the first and second set of rosters, they were dispersed to play with the 2020s who were helping the 2019s field a team. Apologies to the kids that were left out, sorry it went down that way, you deserve better.

They were dispersed ? the coach didn't want them on the team. Look for them to move down.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I don't get is how does CR allow TG kids to take positions away from YJ kids and how does BS allow kids to play under YJ banner . CR is losing it when she allows these wanna be coaches actually take over thee teams , now at the 2020 and 2021 ages you have daddy coaches who have zero lacrosse experience or knowledge. Both having their only claims to fame is they have managed to alienate a lot if kids on their YJ teams and TG teams because they think their kids are better than their teamates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I don't get is how does CR allow TG kids to take positions away from YJ kids and how does BS allow kids to play under YJ banner . CR is losing it when she allows these wanna be coaches actually take over thee teams , now at the 2020 and 2021 ages you have daddy coaches who have zero lacrosse experience or knowledge. Both having their only claims to fame is they have managed to alienate a lot if kids on their YJ teams and TG teams because they think their kids are better than their teamates.

Oh you are only scratching the surface my friend! It is going to get a lot worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh you are only scratching the surface my friend! It is going to get a lot worse.

Here's my guess. The crossefire team has absolutely nothing to do with YJ or TGs. All crybabies please stop. But CR could give a crap about bitching parents, saw an opportunity to enter a bunch of kids in a yj tournament under a yj team name and jumped all over it. Why? To [lacrosse] off SS and BS. Sure it worked perfectly. Now everyone stop bitching like little girls, if you wanna play fall ball, go start your own team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's my guess. The crossefire team has absolutely nothing to do with YJ or TGs. All crybabies please stop. But CR could give a crap about bitching parents, saw an opportunity to enter a bunch of kids in a yj tournament under a yj team name and jumped all over it. Why? To [lacrosse] off SS and BS. Sure it worked perfectly. Now everyone stop bitching like little girls, if you wanna play fall ball, go start your own team.

Maybe the TG kids are going to stay on YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well that's gonna make for a big roster

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What I don't get is how does CR allow TG kids to take positions away from YJ kids and how does BS allow kids to play under YJ banner . CR is losing it when she allows these wanna be coaches actually take over thee teams , now at the 2020 and 2021 ages you have daddy coaches who have zero lacrosse experience or knowledge. Both having their only claims to fame is they have managed to alienate a lot if kids on their YJ teams and TG teams because they think their kids are better than their teamates.

Not likely. They'll just have to make more cuts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What I don't get is how does CR allow TG kids to take positions away from YJ kids and how does BS allow kids to play under YJ banner . CR is losing it when she allows these wanna be coaches actually take over thee teams , now at the 2020 and 2021 ages you have daddy coaches who have zero lacrosse experience or knowledge. Both having their only claims to fame is they have managed to alienate a lot if kids on their YJ teams and TG teams because they think their kids are better than their teamates.

The blue roster will be 28. 25 from last year plus 3 new kids from TG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's my guess. The crossefire team has absolutely nothing to do with YJ or TGs. All crybabies please stop. But CR could give a crap about bitching parents, saw an opportunity to enter a bunch of kids in a yj tournament under a yj team name and jumped all over it. Why? To [lacrosse] off SS and BS. Sure it worked perfectly. Now everyone stop bitching like little girls, if you wanna play fall Bally, go start your own team.

ThAt roster and all rosters should be 24 with two goalies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will move kids down, the 2nd team had some girls leave so there is room for 3-4 new girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but 28 on a roster is just nuts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is nuts. Do you think they will move anyone off?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

28 could ruin a team I have seen it on a roster of 25. The top 5 players will start to resent the bottom ten as they sit out on a double rotation due to the roster size, or the bottom 4 will quickly realize they don't belong when they don't see the field in the second half of a close game. Either way it leads to a good portion of the team being miserable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

28 could ruin a team I have seen it on a roster of 25. The top 5 players will start to resent the bottom ten as they sit out on a double rotation due to the roster size, or the bottom 4 will quickly realize they don't belong when they don't see the field in the second half of a close game. Either way it leads to a good portion of the team being miserable.

No way there will be 28, people are posting that in desperation to keep players on the fence at other clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There was no movement at tryouts. Only additions

No way there will be 28, people are posting that in desperation to keep players on the fence at other clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course they don't move existing players down during tryouts. So here's the thing, if it looks like three girls are being added, they will move three down when they announce rosters. The top teams are more apparent as you see what is going on, the bigger guess work is on second and third teams. Say the second team had three new players with them at tryouts, add to that three moving down, now you have a potential of six kids (in this example) being moved off second to third team. It is the trickle down effect that happens in every club, every age group and every team, every year. Teams don't get better by turning away talent because you have enough players already. Honestly the kids and parents who get moved down a team should embrace it as an opportunity to become a impact player on a team more their speed rather than trying to compete over their heads, weather its to 1st, 2nd, 3rd.....team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course they don't move existing players down during tryouts. So here's the thing, if it looks like three girls are being added, they will move three down when they announce rosters. The top teams are more apparent as you see what is going on, the bigger guess work is on second and third teams. Say the second team had three new players with them at tryouts, add to that three moving down, now you have a potential of six kids (in this example) being moved off second to third team. It is the trickle down effect that happens in every club, every age group and every team, every year. Teams don't get better by turning away talent because you have enough players already. Honestly the kids and parents who get moved down a team should embrace it as an opportunity to become a impact player on a team more their speed rather than trying to compete over their heads, weather its to 1st, 2nd, 3rd.....team.

They absolutely do move them during tryouts. I just think in this case many of the girls moving are FandF and are signed up fo all the fall tourns so they waited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When a kid gets moved down off blue 90% of the time the parents start to call other clubs to see if they have any open roster spots on the A teams in the other club. If they can get one of those spots they will leave rather than take the demotion .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NPYGLL Spring league started a couple weeks ago in MD. M&D dominating so far as usual but haven't played any of the other top teams yet.

When do things get started up in LI?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NPYGLL Spring league started a couple weeks ago in MD. M&D dominating so far as usual but haven't played any of the other top teams yet.

It's called PAL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From late March to early June, the girls play for their town teams (usually through 6th grade, some do 7/8th) and their schools (7th and up). Club teams start their tournaments in early to mid-June.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's called PAL

SCGL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a reason there is no spring club league on LI? There is a division for 5th through 8th grade in NPYGLL. And there are a lot of 4th grade teams in the 5th grade division. Seems like a no brainer. Girls usually stop playing rec(town) after 5th grade for the most part. Some sooner. What kind of competition are the town leagues up there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a reason there is no spring club league on LI? There is a division for 5th through 8th grade in NPYGLL. And there are a lot of 4th grade teams in the 5th grade division. Seems like a no brainer. Girls usually stop playing rec(town) after 5th grade for the most part. Some sooner. What kind of competition are the town leagues up there?

Rec goes through 6th grade on LI. Then the girls can play LISGYLL in 7th and 8th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure it has to do with $$, the summer travel clubs dont do anything extra unless they get paid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When d
o things get started up in LI?

They really don't get started here for good competition. Think that's why I keep hearing some girls are going down to Maryland to play those girls in a week or two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When d

They really don't get started here for good competition. Think that's why I keep hearing some girls are going down to Maryland to play those girls in a week or two.

I know some LI girls are coming down to play against the Redshirts, but other than 2021 and younger, that club has fallen apart and won't provide any competition.

Check the scores on the NPYGLL website for 2019 and 2020. 2019 was so bad last year they dropped down to the B division and 2020 lost 11 girls to another club and has gotten killed so far this year. They haven't even played a good team. Play M&D 2020 next weekend and that should be a total mismatch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a wide range of talent both within and among the town teams. Makes for a lot of lopsided games, especially when the leagues and/or town directors and coaches don't care enough to try to match talent - or even worse, intentionally sandbag to win games. Nassau County is much better at setting up divisions with equal talent - keeps scores, standings, etc. year to year. Suffolk doesn't seem to care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's called PAL

SCGL

That's even worse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When d

I know some LI girls are coming down to play against the Redshirts, but other than 2021 and younger, that club has fallen apart and won't provide any competition.

Check the scores on the NPYGLL website for 2019 and 2020. 2019 was so bad last year they dropped down to the B division and 2020 lost 11 girls to another club and has gotten killed so far this year. They haven't even played a good team. Play M&D 2020 next weekend and that should be a total mismatch

I think they meant LI girls going to spring championship tournament. YJ teams as well as MD black, Skywalker blue etc are all in the tournament. It looks like the top pool at national draw. Should be the best and most competitive tournament of the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When d

I think they meant LI girls going to spring championship tournament. YJ teams as well as MD black, Skywalker blue etc are all in the tournament. It looks like the top pool at national draw. Should be the best and most competitive tournament of the year.

That is occurring. There is also a group of girls going down in mid April to play some Md teams at Loyola.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When d

M&D is not in national draw so best 2021 team is not there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When d

I will agree, MD black is best in 2021. Why are they not going to Nat draw? All teams not going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When d

That is occurring. There is also a group of girls going down in mid April to play some Md teams at Loyola.

A group of girls is called a team, what team are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When d

M&D is not going to National Draw at all. They decided to go to Lax for the Cure instead and they are playing in a different tournament the weekend of National Draw

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the LI Lady Rebels that are coming down to MD next weekend?

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard